Battle and Spell Animations Thread

Primefusion

On 4/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, TrueNanaya said:

Is Team SALVAGED's Cavalier insertable in FE7? I added the animation in and the palette is wrong no matter how I change it. It was inserted through FEBuilder if that makes a difference.

Clean_FE7.png

I'm sure there's an easy way to do it, but the colors are mis-mapped for some reason. What I did was pull up the color palette I wanted, took a picture of it and the color values, went to the imported one and compared what colors needed to be where. Like, the messed up color of the wing(it was a wyvern), saw which value controlled it, went to the good one and found the values it needed to be, and repeated. Sounds complicated, but only took about 10-15 minutes. The zoom function helps a lot with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Rifter said:

I'm sure there's an easy way to do it, but the colors are mis-mapped for some reason. What I did was pull up the color palette I wanted, took a picture of it and the color values, went to the imported one and compared what colors needed to be where. Like, the messed up color of the wing(it was a wyvern), saw which value controlled it, went to the good one and found the values it needed to be, and repeated. Sounds complicated, but only took about 10-15 minutes. The zoom function helps a lot with it.

Yeah, the colors were inserted wrong in the default config. I figured it out using FERecolor. I forgot that the character palettes aren't the same as the generic palettes. I edited all the generics and didn't do the characters. You have to line them up correctly to match the generic palette order in FERecolor and do it that way. You insert the palettes from the character screen.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Nuramon said:

Since I didn't post it here till now I'll catch up on this now.

Here is my take on a alternative to the mounted (and imo boring) great Lord Ephraim.

_Ani_Spear.gif.33aa4046a912b1e004446b0c1232cd76.gif_Ani_Axe.gif.4eded1bfc97cdf5857605f775b35774b.gif_Ani_Haxe.gif.9198f9d1394c1f0b668ae9cdedd939e9.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdvnptr8f8fmawi/Ephraim%20Great%20Lord%20%28unmounted%29.rar?dl=0

Credit: Nuramon

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Wow, This looks really nice man.

7 hours ago, George Reds said:

He looks like Legendary Ephraim

yeah I took inspiration and a lot of reference from Legendary Eph ;)

4 hours ago, Bhoop said:

Wow, This looks really nice man.

Well thanks man.

Glad u like it!

8 hours ago, Deucalion said:

How do I insert it to the Fe editor adv? The Harbinger one

Simply take the script and delete all # and the comments behind it. Then you can create the files needed using the "animation creator" (I believe it's called like this. Don't quote me on that xD) 

Hi Guys i made a new animation, Idoun portable for FE7 and FE8, sure it has some issues, but has a lot of advantages too, like you don´t need ASM and Spell or Final Boss Animations won´t Clash. Here is the video:

Spoiler

Here is The link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1phfnaebdynrvb/Portable Idoun.rar?dl=0

And here is an issue this animation fixes :D

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140105022440

The first on the list. Class animation creator

I'm on mobile right now so I can't tell how the actual buttons are called but there is one for loading a script. 

Click that and load the script (without # and comments after it) 

FEditor will let u know if the process is complete or if there are any errors. 

Now you simply create the animation files by clicking the button right next to the former mentioned and saving it. 

These files are needed to insert the animation via the Class Animation Manager. 

Hello guys, now, it is finally done, all of the three final bosses of the GBA are totally portable. Of course, i know that right now FE8 is the main thing, but still you can use Fomortiis in FE6 and FE7. It has some issues, some cannot be fixed due to the format, but with this hack you can make Idoun Fight Fomortiis and get barely no glitches.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j877vxd79hrp65z/Portable Fomortiis.rar?dl=0

And here is a video for you guys to check it out, don´t forget to give credit :D

Spoiler

On 5/29/2018 at 7:55 AM, Deucalion said:

Who owns this animation?

If you're talking about the one on the left, I think a good guess is Nintendo

I think that the guy who posted it made it, but he kinda died a few months back (Not literally of course, I hope). A few people have asked about his animations on YouTube and I think he was a part of a forum, but to my knowledge there was no reply, and should he have replied, I don't think the answer was yes towards free use.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:55 AM, Deucalion said:

Who owns this animation?

20 minutes ago, Attila said:

If you're talking about the one on the left, I think a good guess is Nintendo

I think that the guy who posted it made it, but he kinda died a few months back (Not literally of course, I hope). A few people have asked about his animations on YouTube and I think he was a part of a forum, but to my knowledge there was no reply, and should he have replied, I don't think the answer was yes towards free use.

Whoever made it very clearly stole the majority of it from bwdyeti's halbardier (and the map sprite is basically a copy as well).

57 minutes ago, deranger2 said:

Whoever made it very clearly stole the majority of it from bwdyeti's halbardier (and the map sprite is basically a copy as well).

Oh, then yeah I don't think that he would give permission, since it's not really his work to give.

Speaking of, did I ever show you the animation I made from your ranger without permission or credit

40 minutes ago, Attila said:

Oh, then yeah I don't think that he would give permission, since it's not really his work to give.

Speaking of, did I ever show you the animation I made from your ranger without permission or credit

Yeah, I think the idea is he shouldn't have made it.

I gave permission to use and edit with credit, so if you displayed it anywhere public, as long as you credited, you didn't break any psuedo rules. 

23 minutes ago, deranger2 said:

Yeah, I think the idea is he shouldn't have made it.

I gave permission to use and edit with credit, so if you displayed it anywhere public, as long as you credited, you didn't break any psuedo rules. 

The only edit I would make is with the palette organization, or putting it in a way that I would enjoy more if I decided I didn't like the default palette order. Regardless, I do like the animation lmao. It's a shame no Rom Hack has used it yet.