Battle and Spell Animations Thread

Primefusion

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm new here, so how do you actual put the zip files together into a gif or png format? i haven't worked with FEditor before, so i don't actually know what i'm doing, and i do what to make minor edits to a few of the animations i saw here. I know i'm kind late, but oh well lol. Thanks!

1 hour ago, PizzamanN64 said:

Sorry, I'm new here, so how do you actual put the zip files together into a gif or png format? i haven't worked with FEditor before, so i don't actually know what i'm doing, and i do what to make minor edits to a few of the animations i saw here. I know i'm kind late, but oh well lol. Thanks!

To un-zip the zip archives you'll need a tool like 7-zip. This will extract the contents into a folder. The file that you import with FEditor will be an extensionless file. So if you're importing a Halberdier, look for a file that's named something like "Halberdier" or "Halberdier.file", and does not have an extension like .png or .bmp.

As a side note, unless an animation is marked as open source, it's considered good manners to ask the creator if you can make changes to their creations.

20 hours ago, Primefusion said:

To un-zip the zip archives you'll need a tool like 7-zip. This will extract the contents into a folder. The file that you import with FEditor will be an extensionless file. So if you're importing a Halberdier, look for a file that's named something like "Halberdier" or "Halberdier.file", and does not have an extension like .png or .bmp.

As a side note, unless an animation is marked as open source, it's considered good manners to ask the creator if you can make changes to their creations.

Ok! thanks! ill ask them. 

39 minutes ago, thedman975 said:

Does anyone know of any Roy Great Lord Animations? He has his durandal animation but nothing like a real promoted Lord animation like the other Lords do. I've been looking but I haven't found any.

It's because there isn't IS was a little lazy so he keeps his default animation for any weapon besides the Binding Blade

• 1 month later...

I found a battle animation on FEUniverse (obviously not mine) that hasn't been animated yet. Having no knowledge on how to animate, I was hoping someone could animate it, as it belongs here. The poster went by Umbra, and the sprite credits go to PrincessKilvas. It's an axe-based Mercenary.

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here at all, I looked and have no clue where else to put it.

Edited by chronoquairium

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

M_Peg_Fight.png.3b654cadaf7550632f9af0cc12cc719d.png

Hello everyone:

I've prepared a male version of the Pegasus Knight battle animation. I am aware that one exists at the front of this thread; however, I wanted to make one that wasn't wearing the Wyvern Rider's armor, and instead had a visible face and hair.

Download it here

A full accounting of what's changed, and what hasn't, can be found at the Reddit thread where I initially shared it. Feel free to use it for whatever, just please don't claim it as your own. Oh, and if you want to give me credit for it, you can call me "Shanty Pete's 1st Mate" or "SixThousandHulls" (that's what I go by on Reddit). I think that's it - enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I made a Tethys animation that works with FE7

This fixes the graphical problems it causes if you import It directly from FE8, also, It has an "S" command at the beginning so you can change the music it plays when she dances. If you want to fix the dancing rings for the NPC and Enemies, you change the pointers in target and condition of the rings for the target and condition from the barrier staff.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0sitj5ialz52nn/Tethys for FE7.rar?dl=0

Here is The video

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the necropost. But I've had a few PMs over the course of months asking for permission for stuff.

I don't even remember half the crap I've made.

So go for it and use it.

One condition:

If you ever use the "Trueblade" animation from a long time ago (It's not in this thread. You can probably find it in the Last Promise hack and extract it from there)... please *DO NOT* credit me when using it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SoA Griffon and Arbalest animations, credit to Ayr.

Map sprite credit: Toaomr

Griffon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ajll9fue6vfx15/Griffon Anim.zip?dl=0

Arbalist:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8d6imhs1hqdsl1/Arbalist Anim.zip?dl=0

Edited by InvdrZim13

• 3 weeks later...

The male Recruit looks fine, but the Squire's sword looks a little short.

lorf_sw1_026_by_vonithipathachai-dcrprob

The way he points it at the enemy in his critical animation is also kind of strange.  Maybe tilt the sword up a little more?

Overall, I suppose these are pretty good for your first animations.

• 2 months later...

Can someone sort out a Roy animation that works in Sacred Stones? Exporting and importing it from FE6 comes with problems.

EDIT: Oh wait, it doesn't cause any problems. Never mind, thought it did.

Edited by Jotari

4 hours ago, marlon0024 said:

Hello guys, Made a New Animation Eliwood with the sword of seals.

Here is the video:

Hide contents

And here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7mqbsan04sskul/ELIWOOD SEALED SWORD.rar?dl=0

How are you getting green and blue units fighting each other? Is it possible, or rather is it easy, to implement a three way battle where red, blue and green can attack either of the other two colours?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 1:04 PM, Jotari said:

How are you getting green and blue units fighting each other? Is it possible, or rather is it easy, to implement a three way battle where red, blue and green can attack either of the other two colours?

There's a patch for it with FEBuilder. The NPC units become their own alliance.