Initial thoughts on Soren, Ike, Titania, and Mist

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, XaosLogos said:

Here's another idea: how about giving Ike Life and Death or Fury?

With Life and Death 3 + Speed Seal 1, that puts him at 37 speed. If you run him with a unit with a +4 speed buff, he gets up to 41. Or 39 if you choose to go for Life and Death 3. There's certainly ways to increase his speed to the point where he'll be doubling many other units and won't be getting doubled himself. So no need to worry about getting doubled and destroyed by those pesky fast mages any more; one hit he can take from them.

Yes, you give up his unique Heavy Blade. You should probably replace Aether with Moonbow or a 3 count skill to make up for losing Heavy Blade if you're going to do this. But you'll have 3-5 more damage per attack, the ability to double often, and a low count skill will make up for the loss of Heavy Blade's effect on Aether.

Well, then that just makes him pretty much every other Sword character out there. Everyone's running L&D or Fury, since those two are very clearly the most useful (aside from maybe Distant Counter), so there's really nothing much to say, other than stating that Ryoma is probably still better since he has 35 Spd at base.

All in all I think that he is among the best three sword users in the game. That built in distant counter and with his passable speed really helps him with that. He may be the worst out of the three but it's hard to say and depends on the builds that they all have. Without skill inheritance he may have been the best but that's not exactly relevant anymore.

Edited by predator_21476

Solo, titania isnt that great.

In horse emblem however...

Atm i plan to make her the core to my horse emblem team, setup of killer axe +/reciprocal aid/moonbow/fury 3/renewal/hone cavalry

I managed to pull a +spd Soren it seems. He looks likes a sloooooow Nino with more of Julia's bulk.

Seriously considering giving him Nino's Gronblade. I always want my cannons a bit tankier than glass. Plus 36 spd is certainly not bad. 

Spoiler

Plus Soren is cute :x

13 minutes ago, OKigen said:

I managed to pull a +spd Soren it seems. He looks likes a sloooooow Nino with more of Julia's bulk.

Seriously considering giving him Nino's Gronblade. I always want my cannons a bit tankier than glass. Plus 36 spd is certainly not bad. 

Hide contents

If you didn't have Nino +SPD, isn't Soren basically just Nino?

I actually pulled Nino myself from this banner lol

34 minutes ago, OKigen said:

He's actually second fastest green mage (not that it says much).

19 minutes ago, JSND said:

I actually pulled Nino myself from this banner lol

I got both Soren and Nino (and I already had threetwo).

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, OKigen said:

Reveal hidden contents

The last reason is always the most important ;)

I tried 6 summonings to try and get Soren, as I wanted a Green Mage besides Nino and Robin. 6 seperate summonings attempts, not only did I not get a single 5 star. Not even a single Green attempted summoning. There went a ton of orbs down the drain. 

6 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I tried 6 summonings to try and get Soren, as I wanted a Green Mage besides Nino and Robin. 6 seperate summonings attempts, not only did I not get a single 5 star. Not even a single Green attempted summoning. There went a ton of orbs down the drain. 

Eh, if you've already got nino, Soren is pretty much the same, just different abilities

Ike looks pretty good but I don't think he's as OP as a lot of people seem to? He's basically Ryoma trading 4 spd for 5 def and that's very much a losing trade. Now, Ryoma is outstanding so there's nothing wrong with being a worse version of him, but it still means I don't see him as top three sword-users (Ryoma, Eirika, Olivia are all better at minimum).

The other units seem kinda underwhelming. Soren's got a decent enough stat build but not exceptional, and his starting kit is really underwhelming (Watersweep is bad on him, Fortify Res/AoE limit are just kinda mediocre), Titania's stat build kinda underwhelms, Mist is whatever non-mounted healer, though at least Spur Def/Res is neat.

17 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Ike looks pretty good but I don't think he's as OP as a lot of people seem to? He's basically Ryoma trading 4 spd for 5 def and that's very much a losing trade. Now, Ryoma is outstanding so there's nothing wrong with being a worse version of him, but it still means I don't see him as top three sword-users (Ryoma, Eirika, Olivia are all better at minimum).

The other units seem kinda underwhelming. Soren's got a decent enough stat build but not exceptional, and his starting kit is really underwhelming (Watersweep is bad on him, Fortify Res/AoE limit are just kinda mediocre), Titania's stat build kinda underwhelms, Mist is whatever non-mounted healer, though at least Spur Def/Res is neat.

4 speed for five defense is a much better trade than it seems at first, because Ike comes with sword breaker, letting him just wreck all the other sword lords.

he also has much better attack than ryoma.

eirika obviously performs a completely different role, so there's no direct comparison, but the real edge Ike brings is heavy blade, which right now is a unique skill that really helps him out.

so yeah, Ike is better than ryoma. Better stats, better base skills. Sure a good Iv ryoma will out do a bad Iv Ike with inheritance, but with everything neutral, Ike is just better right now.

edit: Ike has only 1 point more attack, so not "much" better. He also has one point more hp.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Ike is only crazy if talking about base skills since his coverage is crazy. This is still a good value, but this isn't pre-SI anymore

Ryoma is definitely better on everything else since speed is a much more important stats than the extra defense Ike Had, and its not like Ryoma is fragile either

Also heavy blade isn't really a super good skill(i guess you can run funny Moonbow Brave set up or something but this goes against how the skill works). Even skill like Distant Counter manage to get outclassed by a bunch of extremely solid straightorward A skill, and this one isn't going to be any different

Edited by JSND

I just pulled Ike on my second try! I'm so excited!!! I threw on Never Gonna Give you Up, prayed to Lord RNG-sus and chanted "We like Ike, We like Ike" over and over and IT HAPPENED. WOW

First impressions... looking at stats/skills...

Great unit, but...

Gonna take a LOT of SP investment. 

5-Star pull he comes with New Moon oddly enough, so there's 800 SP right there (Luna 300, Aether 500. Sighh. Makes sense though since with all skills he can potentially get Aether in one turn.) Heavy Blade and SB are normal amount of SP investment, so that seems heartening. I just hope there's some feature soon to get extra SP

12 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Gonna take a LOT of SP investment.

I've already started the Great Ike SP Grind myself. lol :P

But yeah, I knew Ike would be awesome, but holy hell, he's amazing! He feels like he can KO anything given the right strategies and all. I should know, I've had him beat Sapphire Lance wielders.

Aether's healing alone increases his usefulness, I'd say. But yeah, the biggest catch is all the SP this guy needs to be at the top of his game.

But man, I really can't wait to see RD Ike after how kickass his PoR self is!

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've already started the Great Ike SP Grind myself. lol :P

But yeah, I knew Ike would be awesome, but holy hell, he's amazing! He feels like he can KO anything given the right strategies and all. I should know, I've had him beat Sapphire Lance wielders.

Aether's healing alone increases his usefulness, I'd say. But yeah, the biggest catch is all the SP this guy needs to be at the top of his game.

But man, I really can't wait to see RD Ike after how kickass his PoR self is!

Better hope he doesn't grow up like Tiki did in Heroes. 

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I'm not sure how you mean? But I'm certain RD Ike won't be bad at all. If IS likes treating him as the strongest hero of all, he's gotta be just as good, if not better!

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

That's basically how I look at it.  His niche as "bulkier Ryoma" isn't really that good.  That's not to say he's a bad unit, just that I'm seeing him get waaaaaaay overhyped.

4 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

4 speed for five defense is a much better trade than it seems at first, because Ike comes with sword breaker, letting him just wreck all the other sword lords.

If swordbreaker is so great, other red swords can run it too.  And then they double him again.

I more or less expected Soren to be the middle child of Nino and Julia, so I was not surprised. I am still going to invest in him probably because of my bias with mages in general.

Ike, as people said before, is a Bulkier/Slower Ryoma, and I like the niche Quick Riposte/Heavy Blade set that someone mentioned in another thread. But a -def/+spd is probably not a good IV for that fffff

. . .shit, Tits turned out a lot better than expected.  +Atk helps to solve her low base MT.  I'd slap Life and Death on her, give her a Silver Axe+, and let her loose on everyone.  Sort of like how Minerva works.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Hehe. Hehe. Heh.

die

hinestly I wouldn't mind. I prefer his RD design, but I like both of his designs. Depends on skill differences and/or artwork. Who knows, maybe PoR Ike would be better?

Actually, I think a cool thing would be if there are two version of one hero (Tiki for example) the younger one could "promote" into the older/more experienced one once they reach a certain level/Hero Merit. That could allow for fair collection of different heroes (as older would replace younger, maybe even be level 1 with current rarity) and possibly provide a cool use for Hero Merit.

Because I swear if they add RD Ike and he doesn't have his crazy unique Aether animation... RIP me

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .shit, Tits turned out a lot better than expected.  +Atk helps to solve her low base MT.  I'd slap Life and Death on her, give her a Silver Axe+, and let her loose on everyone.  Sort of like how Minerva works.

Fury > lnd on titania imo, her defenses are great so fury really fits her

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

That's pretty much what I would do with Titania if I got her, but maybe with Fury, I'unno. Emerald axe just looks so bad, a silver axe suits her better.

So, I have every unit in the game up till this point except Hinoka, Tiki Young, Lyn and Hector.

I can tell you that, of everything I know, Soren is pretty lackluster. Watersweep isnt the kind of skill that benefits well... anyone really. Unless your really tanky maybe. But even so, doubling for a mage is pretty great since it doubles OTKO potential, and u cant get hit by something you've killed. Which is why these drawn out, "no tag backs" duels dont work with a mage who's def and res are just ok to low.

Titania I think is underrated. Yes, Emeralds not the best. But, shes a lot like Xander Easter who I think is a great addition to a team. Hes got everything. Hes blue. He travels. Titania though, shes a bit more like Jagen but Spd over Str. Res build cavaliers in the end are wonky at best. BUT guard is gonna potentially save you in GHB with those 1 turn charges.

Ike and Mist, well Ike has been said to death how good he seems. Mist, I think combining her slow with any unit on the precipice of doubling is handy. I dont know what wacko gave her miracle and recover. I guess they figured, she can slow enemies to double them to lower that ridiculous cost. But, shes a healer. So, she has to hit a nonranged enemy 3 times just to survive a hit?

Sure.