Shadows of Valentia Save Editing/Save Bank

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on getting astra, just grinding out the DLC until it gets annoying. The post on reddit was also by me.

I'm working on releasing the tool for editing the savegame.

As for gold and silver, I usually just edit in lots of exotic spice. They sell for 3 gold a pop.

You can find my tool here, its released from my private onedrive. Stuff is not finished. Replacing single items will not work, don't use that for now. All it does is analyze your convoy, and allow you to replace all items of some kind with another. By no means complete, but works wonders for myself.

Do not decrypt your chapter, just load it in raw. It incorperates the FEST code that's required, and saves back into a proper format. I will not take responsibility for mucking up your savegame. Create backups yourself. I will release new versions when I can and probably in its own thread.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Auf7dSCWvefrhTbz6y9mPY6f_8yx

Its wrapped in a ClickOnce installer because I'm a lazy developer. Can provide source on request, not using Git tho.

Edited by Tukurai
Release FESOV Hexedit.

7 minutes ago, Tukurai said:

You're welcome. If you have suggestions for it... I'm creating a thread for the tool. Let me know there. Will edit the link to the thread here later.

What exactly do you mean by suggestions? Oh! Maybe you could add a Ctrl + F search feature.

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

2 hours ago, Tukurai said:

Working on getting astra, just grinding out the DLC until it gets annoying. The post on reddit was also by me.

As for gold and silver, I usually just edit in lots of exotic spice. They sell for 3 gold a pop.

You can find my tool here, its released from my private onedrive. Stuff is not finished. Replacing single items will not work, don't use that for now. All it does is analyze your convoy, and allow you to replace all items of some kind with another. By no means complete, but works wonders for myself.

Do not decrypt your chapter, just load it in raw. It incorperates the FEST code that's required, and saves back into a proper format. I will not take responsibility for mucking up your savegame. Create backups yourself. I will release new versions when I can and probably in its own thread.

Its wrapped in a ClickOnce installer because I'm a lazy developer. Can provide source on request, not using Git tho.

I FINALLY FOUND ASTRA FROM THE LARGE POTS IN THE INNER CHAMBER! I believe this is the hex for Astra: 02 01 0C 00 00 00 AF AA FA 44 0F F0 EF 2D.

Alm is the one holding Astra.

FE_Echoes_Alm holding Astra.zip

4 hours ago, Tukurai said:

Awesome work mate I greatly appreciate your hard work.

I´ve been trying to save my file and it crashes on saving, do i need anything in particular installed? a version of framework or something?

6 hours ago, blackroseyagami said:

Awesome work mate I greatly appreciate your hard work.

I´ve been trying to save my file and it crashes on saving, do i need anything in particular installed? a version of framework or something?

Can you share the savegame you use? So i can reproduce the error? If I can fix it I'll release a new version later today.

2 hours ago, Tukurai said:

Can you share the savegame you use? So i can reproduce the error? If I can fix it I'll release a new version later today.

Sure mate, here ya go: Chapter0

10 hours ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

I FINALLY FOUND ASTRA FROM THE LARGE POTS IN THE INNER CHAMBER! I believe this is the hex for Astra: 02 01 0C 00 00 00 AF AA FA 44 0F F0 EF 2D.

Alm is the one holding Astra.

FE_Echoes_Alm holding Astra.zip

I can confirm that is Astra

Edited by blackroseyagami

2 minutes ago, Tukurai said:

Thanks, I'll have a look at it, can you tell me what you did?

I'll include astra in the tool in about 30 minutes.

I tried changing food items into exotic spice and no go, that's basically what i did.

Also, quick note, the Luna in the program is Sol

15 minutes ago, blackroseyagami said:

Also, quick note, the Luna in the program is Sol

Yes, I noticed, i keep data in an excel sheet and read that in during dev, can't do that for the released version. I had it updated in the excel sheet but not in the source, so that's a mistake by me.

15 minutes ago, Tukurai said:

Yes, I noticed, i keep data in an excel sheet and read that in during dev, can't do that for the released version. I had it updated in the excel sheet but not in the source, so that's a mistake by me.

Hey, no worries nobody is bitching here, just pointing it out in case it passed under the radar

This guy has most of the resource: https://gbatemp.net/threads/research-fe-sov-save-discussion.471890/ which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VY_4xG2Ehlj8vh_TyhuUyoRoTR9FImzQCorF3LgzuQI/edit#gid=1796432204 or click the 'resource' link on the former link.

Weapon values are 8 bytes long in the resource. I tested putting just the 8 bytes value and its working fine, so the 4 bytes after 02 01 doesn't matter. Correct me if Im wrong though as I havent tested much.

4 minutes ago, Uyet123 said:

This guy has most of the resource: https://gbatemp.net/threads/research-fe-sov-save-discussion.471890/ which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VY_4xG2Ehlj8vh_TyhuUyoRoTR9FImzQCorF3LgzuQI/edit#gid=1796432204 or click the 'resource' link on the former link.

Weapon values are 8 bytes long in the resource. I tested putting just the 8 bytes value and its working fine, so the 4 bytes after 02 01 doesn't matter. Correct me if Im wrong though as I havent tested much.

They don't matter too much if you don't care about the upgrades. They matter if you want to figure out which items are which.first byte after 02 01 tells you something about the decimal ID, very useful to decipher some items.

1 hour ago, Uyet123 said:

If weapon values are 8 bytes long that explains why I kept getting Sol instead of Luna or Astra when changing around the four bytes after 02 01 in Sol's code.

2 hours ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

If weapon values are 8 bytes long that explains why I kept getting Sol instead of Luna or Astra when changing around the four bytes after 02 01 in Sol's code.

Yep. I think I posted some explanation somewhere around here with that info.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, Tukurai said:

more ID's for ya.

Animus Ring : 02 01 96 00 00 00 95 F1 77 88 BB 4A FC FF

Venin Sword : 02 01 EE 00 00 00 DC FD B2 D2 A0 12 3B 6C

Venin Bow : 02 01 F0 00 00 00 9E FE B2 D2 68 13 3B 6C

Also, im pretty positive even if you find the ID's for the 7/11 equipment, they wont show up in the inv, almost positive.

3 hours ago, kidousen said:

more ID's for ya.

Animus Ring : 02 01 96 00 00 00 95 F1 77 88 BB 4A FC FF

Venin Sword : 02 01 EE 00 00 00 DC FD B2 D2 A0 12 3B 6C

Venin Bow : 02 01 F0 00 00 00 9E FE B2 D2 68 13 3B 6C

Also, im pretty positive even if you find the ID's for the 7/11 equipment, they wont show up in the inv, almost positive.

I'm also afraid we can't get those. But might as well leave them in, in case they ever release them.

Thanks for the missing ID's I'll update the tool later today.

Here you go: 

Chapter1 has Alm holding a unforged steel sword.

Chapter2 has Alm holding the Royal Shield.

There is also Kriemhild held by Berkut (Act 5), as well as some other special units added in, so see if you can decipher the code for enemy units. 

1.zip

First of all i'd like to thank you all for putting in so much effort. 

Sadly i'm having problems with the editing tool as it keeps crashing everytime i try to save any changes. It doesn't matter if i changed an Iron sword to Bread or vice-versa, it keeps crashing. Is there anything to prevent this or did i just mess up?