NintenDann posted new footages of the English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

I didn't see anyone posted a thread yet, but I just looked at one of NintenDann's videos (the same guy that was appeared as a guest for the Dutch Comic Con Discussion video for GameXplain's channel that Derrick was on) that we got some new footages that we haven't seen it yet. And also, the Brigands' Boss that was fought in the Thieves' Shrine is called Brigand Boss (the new minor boss character that was added in Echoes) and also, is that a Mila Icon right next to Gray's name? And also, can you guys please find more localized names that we haven't seen it yet earlier, I didn't watch the other videos yet because I have class right now, I just watched the entire Dungeon Gameplay 1 as of right now?

I looked a peek at the localized names when the video played showed when I copied the link shows up as Pirate Throne (the same one that where Valbar, Samui, and Leon fight against Grieth's goons is at), Zofia Seaway, Third Pirate Raid, Act 2: The Pilgrimage, and the Boss that Celica is fighting from Zofian Seaway 3 shows up as Cantor.

Other 4 videos are in this spoiler tag to avoid cluttering the thread post:

Spoiler

Edit: I managed to watch all the footages, the first fort that Alm faces is called the Southern Outpost, the location that where Silque was found is called the Thieves' Shrine Interior, and the Cantor Boss that summons Terrors that Celica and her team facing that is the class name called Cantor, it's not the Boss's name.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

is that a Mila Icon right next to Gray's name?

Yes, that indicates a unit is ready for promotion.

I'm currently away from home right now, as soon as I get back, I'm gonna see what new VAs I can hear.

I find it amusing that they even kept the character recruited fanfare for this (you hear it in the video after getting Silque).

Edited by Ryan7556

6 minutes ago, Ryan7556 said:

I find it amusing that they even kept the character recruited fanfare for this (you hear it in the video after getting Silque).

I can't imagine the game without it ^^

Huh, I don't remember a named boss in Zofia Seaway 3. Is it just a generic Shaman? Which video is it?

Edited by VincentASM

Tobin: "Alm's got NOTHIN' on me!"

Okay, Tobe, I know you're a bit improved since Gaiden, but you definitely aren't that much better.  You speed still sucks compared to most of the others.

Anyway, game's lookin' pretty shwifty.  Silque sounds a bit older than I thought she would for some reason.

28 minutes ago, Ryan7556 said:

"Cantor" is certainly is the localized name for Shaman now. Celica refers to him as being "a Cantor".

Yup, I figured after posting. Happy we finally got an official English name.

Arcanist and Cantor are pretty cool choices.

Shaman was the name used in the internal code, but it doesn't really have much to do with Shamans in later games.

Silque's voice is very familiar. I'd almost say it was Julianne Alexander (Catria), but sometimes it didn't sound close at all. Definitely a good voice though.

I think with Boey's increased amount of lines here, I can personally rule out other people's thoughts of it being Mignogna or Haberkorn. It's still a bit of a mystery voice, but I have a gut feeling it could be Mick Wingert. The faux-brit pronunciation on some words is the same thing he does for Jeorge/Abel in Heroes. In fact, the more I listen to their voices side by side, I believe it more every time.

Leon, Kamui, and Valbar are still Dodge, Papenbrook, and Hebert in my books. Mae is unmistakably Cherami Leigh. Alm, Lukas and Faye all seem to have their Heroes VAs, and Celica sounds just like Futaba from P5, as does Gray to Ryuji, so Erica Lindbeck and Max Mittelman are nigh confirmed. 

The ones I'm still on the fence on figuring out Tobin and Kliff. Tobin screams Robbie Daymond, reminds me way too much of Gaelio from IBO, and yet it seems off somehow, but Kliff? Sounds too familiar, but I cannot for the life of me place it. I'm gonna try watching the videos a few more times to see if anything hits me.

Of course, take all this with a grain of salt. I have a good ear, but none of these are 100%. Just my thoughts.

This is a very small thing and I've stated it somewhere else before, but I really like the battle animations and the speed of it. Awakening and Fates had RIDICULOUSLY slow battles without holding the A button. This one seems much more realistic, except for when they let the Terrors walk up and gnaw on them.

Personalized victory animations is a nice touch, too. Adds a bit more character to each of them.

Hey, I guess there's more than one command quote for each character. Faye says, "Just leave it to me!" then goes to "Okay, I'm ready" on a different turn. Maybe it triggers by the amount of health or something.

Edited by KongDude88

5 hours ago, Ryan7556 said:

"Cantor" is certainly is the localized name for Shaman now. Celica refers to him as being "a Cantor".

TFW "cantor" is also the Spanish name for singer, so now i have this headcanon where all Cantors summon Terrors via singing.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

TFW "cantor" is also the Spanish name for singer, so now i have this headcanon where all Cantors summon Terrors via singing.

♪ I'll summon my minions straight from the grave ♪

♪ If you think you can beat me, you better have saved ♪

♪ By singing a song I'll raise up the dead ♪

♪ Get ready for battle, now OFF WITH YOUR HEAD ♪

I need more lines.

Edited by KongDude88

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

"Spooky scary skeletons..."

On 26/4/2017 at 7:22 PM, Armagon said:

Singer in Spanish is "cantante" cantor is a person who leads people in singing.

29 minutes ago, SoulRWR said:

Singer in Spanish is "cantante" cantor is a person who leads people in singing.

Depends on where you're from i guess. My family is Venezuelan, and you can use cantor to say singer and get away with it.