Action Replay code question

I got myself an Action Replay Max and an action replay memory card so I could use them for Path of Radiance. Had to add the codes I wanted myself since it didn't come with any for PoR but that's fine. One of the codes I want to add is for everyone to have Discipline but the code looks completely different from how the rest of them have been. All of the other codes have been xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx with the x's being the letters and numbers for the codes. The one for adding skills is different though and somewhat confusing. Eight 0's then a space and then 80 then six x's where apparently the last 6 digits of the skill set location go? Then it goes down (like when the enter key is pressed) and it goes six 0's and then two y's with the y's being the skill to apply. Another space and then the last bit is 009F0280.

I can imagine this is all confusing to read without context so here's the site I've been using to get the codes: http://arcentral.net/otherGames/Emblem.html using the NTSC version. The name they have for the code I'm trying to put in is 'Give everyone yy skill' and it's also a link to a page showing all of the skill sets and numbers corresponding to the skills. Discipline is 80 and is tied to skill set 2 but I don't fully understand it since it's so different from all of the other codes.

For anyone curious, the whole reason I'm doing this is that I'm going to do a run of PoR where I get everyone to level 20 2nd tier with maxed stats so I can transfer the save over to Radiant Dawn and have all of the returning characters have better starting stats. Totally unnecessary but it's an experiment I want to try (I've done many with RD including a laguz-only playthrough, a mage-only playthrough and a playthrough where I got all of the supports needed for marriages to A rank). At the very least, the stat boost will help make killing the Black Knight in Rivals Collide more doable. Discipline honestly isn't even that necessary but weapon rank carries over a bit too and when you have characters like Ilyana, Tormod and Brom who start with at least 1 weapon rank rather low, it'd be nice to have the weapon rank up.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't ever tried messing with skills, but I do have an alternate idea for you. If you go further down to the item codes on that site there are many sets that give Ike 4 special weapons and 4 stat up items. One of those can give him arms scrolls. I have used that one before to spawn in a 256 stack of arms scrolls and then just go through everyone to boost their weapon skills.

I generally use those item codes and the infinite bonus exp code to level everyone up and then max all their stats if I'm going for a RD import file.

It does feel a lot more cheaty than forcing discipline onto everyone, but it would give you the same end result.