FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

@shadowofchaos @Ice Dragon @SatsumaFSoysoy (I don't remember who else knows Japanese)

Whenever you're free (I'm in no rush), would it be possible for one of you to provide some translation of what the news was concerning the Arena tiers? 

There hasn't been much discussion concerning it, and I couldn't understand it very well. 

EDIT: Actually I'll wait until tomorrow to ask since the reset may come with a notification concerning it, and @Elieson or another editor might post about it on the front page in the morning. 

But if neither of those things happen, I would greatly appreciate a translation if you're willing. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, XaosLogos said:

It's not in the game, but the owl's name was in one of the official FE Heroes twitter profiles since launch, can't remember which language it was.

Oh really, I didn't noticed that it was mentioned in the official twitter post? And by the way, is the Owl is really a female or is it a male? I did listened at the video that the Owl speaking sounded like a young girl, but I'm pretty sure that the Owl could have been a female?

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Subtitles in Anime aren't exactly reliable to learn Japanese + they're really too fast too read and the subtitles are get in the way on the screen when you're watching the whole scene. I did took an actual Japanese class and my sensei was excited that my fluent of speaking Japanese have gotten way good. I did practiced writing kanjis, hiraganas, & katakanas, and did took a lot of notes to learn a lot of words to know what it means in Japanese.

It's mostly for exposure purposes. You have to listen to people speaking in Japanese and not tune out the words they say, and anime just happens to be in Japanese. It's definitely not the only part to learning Japanese, but it's an okay substitute for true exposure (living in a Japanese speaking community). I personally don't have problems with subtitles, though. I read quite fast, and I'm actually uncomfortable watching anything without subs, even media in my native tongue or English. I'm weird.

Also, I mentioned it earlier, but since I'm Chinese, I skipped learning kanji, which is probably the hardest part. Knowing the kanji also lets me infer the meaning of some phrases, so I also skipped some of that. I only had to pick up hiragana and katakana, which didn't take too long. I'll admit, I can't actually write in Japanese with pen and paper because of the lack of practice/formal training, and I don't speak it on a daily basis so I probably won't be too fluent, but I can formulate sentences and whatnot.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I read quite fast, and I'm actually uncomfortable watching anything without subs, even media in my native tongue or English. I'm weird.

English is my most native language, and I dislike watching movies in English without English subtitles because people talk too fast or not loud enough or in a funny accent or with lots of explosions in the background or all sorts of things like that and I kind of want to know what they're saying because I can't lip read.

You're not the only one.

I wonder if yellow stones would start showing up occasionally when summoning. Based on the livestream, it seems that it guarantees a Focus unit if selected. The real trouble is getting it to show up. (5% listed chance for pulling a Focus character)

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

English is my most native language, and I dislike watching movies in English without English subtitles because people talk too fast or not loud enough or in a funny accent or with lots of explosions in the background or all sorts of things like that and I kind of want to know what they're saying because I can't lip read.

You're not the only one.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Ice Dragon

Oh good I'm not the only one who can't watch movies without subtitles (even if the movies are in English, which is my native language) :D

I like subtitles too. But I also watch a lot of stuff WITH people who hate subtitles, so it's only when I'm alone. And oh boy, if I leave the captions on on our netflix account, they'll yell at me several rooms over. They don't know how to turn it off. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I wonder if yellow stones would start showing up occasionally when summoning. Based on the livestream, it seems that it guarantees a Focus unit if selected. The real trouble is getting it to show up. (5% listed chance for pulling a Focus character)

A whole new meaning of reroll.

Honestly, I think that's a stellar Idea. For all summons in the future. The hype of literally striking GOLD. I always wondered why purple and gold/yellow were orbs in the animation anyway

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's mostly for exposure purposes. You have to listen to people speaking in Japanese and not tune out the words they say, and anime just happens to be in Japanese. It's definitely not the only part to learning Japanese, but it's an okay substitute for true exposure (living in a Japanese speaking community). I personally don't have problems with subtitles, though. I read quite fast, and I'm actually uncomfortable watching anything without subs, even media in my native tongue or English. I'm weird.

Also, I mentioned it earlier, but since I'm Chinese, I skipped learning kanji, which is probably the hardest part. Knowing the kanji also lets me infer the meaning of some phrases, so I also skipped some of that. I only had to pick up hiragana and katakana, which didn't take too long. I'll admit, I can't actually write in Japanese with pen and paper because of the lack of practice/formal training, and I don't speak it on a daily basis so I probably won't be too fluent, but I can formulate sentences and whatnot.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're not the only one.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Ice Dragon

Oh good I'm not the only one who can't watch movies without subtitles (even if the movies are in English, which is my native language) :D

English isn't technically my first language but it's easily my most dominant language at this point, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one having trouble understanding what the movie people are yapping about sometimes. 

Edited by Ryu Yuki

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@shadowofchaos @Ice Dragon @SatsumaFSoysoy (I don't remember who else knows Japanese)

Whenever you're free (I'm in no rush), would it be possible for one of you to provide some translation of what the news was concerning the Arena tiers? 

There hasn't been much discussion concerning it, and I couldn't understand it very well. 

EDIT: Actually I'll wait until tomorrow to ask since the reset may come with a notification concerning it, and @Elieson or another editor might post about it on the front page in the morning. 

But if neither of those things happen, I would greatly appreciate a translation if you're willing. 

Basically, they're reworking how ranks work. They're gonna make the titles (the Rank 12: Three Wyvern Generals thing) actually matter. Instead of progressing one rank up every week for seemingly no reason, you'll progress up (or down) in the titles every season based on your Arena rank. You can jump up three titles at once, but you'll only drop one title maximum per season, and will only start dropping once you go past Rank 8. Rank 4 or above, you start getting orbs and extra feathers as Arena rewards as well, and the quality of the bonus rewards increases as you go even higher up. What exactly determines a rank rise or drop isn't mentioned, however.

The titles won't be reset, so everyone won't be down back to Rank 1.

By the way, the new maps they showed off are Arena exclusive, with all the new Defensive Terrain. Some of them look kinda cancerous.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're not the only one.

In Hong Kong, all movies they show on TV are double-subbed with Chinese and English, and it's actually quite meme-y. That might be why I don't mind subs, and having to read two sets of subs at the same time will make you fast.

But yay, more weird people.

24 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Oh really, I didn't noticed that it was mentioned in the official twitter post? And by the way, is the Owl is really a female or is it a male? I did listened at the video that the Owl speaking sounded like a young girl, but I'm pretty sure that the Owl could have been a female?

No, it was in the twitter profile bio, it said the owl's name is Feh somewhere. I swear it was there around the time the game launched but I can't find it now.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thank you for the info about arena tiers!!!

Edited by XaosLogos

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're not the only one.

Reading this, I don't feel that inadequate for not being able to discern certain words when watching movies without subs now (like Sherlock for example. He talks too goddamn fast.). Granted, English is not my native language, but still

Edited by pianime94

I finally actually watched the thing and oh my god Feh is adorable.

Also vaguely amused that the kana rendition of "FEH Channel" is homophonous with "Feh-chan sleeps".

2 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Wow, banner and arena update!

Do we know when they are available?

New banner is in just over half an hour.

Arena update is at the end of this season.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Basically, they're reworking how ranks work. They're gonna make the titles (the Rank 12: Three Wyvern Generals thing) actually matter. Instead of progressing one rank up every week for seemingly no reason, you'll progress up (or down) in the titles every season based on your Arena rank. You can jump up three titles at once, but you'll only drop one title maximum per season, and will only start dropping once you go past Rank 8. Rank 4 or above, you start getting orbs and extra feathers as Arena rewards as well, and the quality of the bonus rewards increases as you go even higher up. What exactly determines a rank rise or drop isn't mentioned, however.

The titles won't be reset, so everyone won't be down back to Rank 1.

By the way, the new maps they showed off are Arena exclusive, with all the new Defensive Terrain. Some of them look kinda cancerous.

In Hong Kong, all movies they show on TV are double-subbed with Chinese and English, and it's actually quite meme-y. That might be why I don't mind subs, and having to read two sets of subs at the same time will make you fast.

But yay, more weird people.

Thank you so much for the details! Also that seems really interesting. I'm glad they're finally doing something with those titles. It felt so weird that they almost didn't matter at all for the longest time. And I hope the orb rewards are substantial enough that it may even substitute the two daily orbs thing we've had for the longest time.

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Thank you so much for the details! Also that seems really interesting. I'm glad they're finally doing something with those titles. It felt so weird that they almost didn't matter at all for the longest time. And I hope the orb rewards are substantial enough that it may even substitute the two daily orbs thing we've had for the longest time.

The vid showed that Rank 4 to 7 got 1 orb, and rank 8 to 13(?) got 2, and I believe the max is 3? Though, it could just be an example. Hopefully.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I finally actually watched the thing and oh my god Feh is adorable.

Also vaguely amused that the kana rendition of "FEH Channel" is homophonous with "Feh-chan sleeps".

New banner is in just over half an hour.

Arena update is at the end of this season.

Crap we have just got Ike!

IS really want  to come back to top grossing chart do they? In UK, FEH is back on it for the first time in a loooong while I believe.

The mage team will receive a big blow with distant counter everywhere (ouch, that includes my own!)

Edited by OKigen

I'm excited for the new Banner and new Arena update tomorrow. I just hope that North America, Europe, and some of the countries will get the Fortune Thing in the official localized websites, this could be way fun and I did used my My Nintendo account in the site.

12 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Reddit is down. Is there a guide to using the fortune event website? I don't know japanese. :(

Let's me see if you can might to understand my instructions, but I hope this helps out?: (the thing ends around 5/8)

1. Try to press the Orange Button first
  2. Try to press the Top blue button (I think it will automatically connects to your My Nintendo Account if you're already logged in)
  3. Press the Red Orb Icon
  4. If you see the Heroes Artwork is moving fast, hit that Blue Button, it's random.
  5. Top Left Blue Button is Do Over, Top Right Blue Button is stamping the result which character you got, and the Bottom Blue Button that have the Twitter Logo Icon is where you post it through to your Twitter account.
Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm excited for the new Banner and new Arena update tomorrow. I just hope that North America, Europe, and some of the countries will get the Fortune Thing in the official localized websites, this could be way fun and I did used my My Nintendo account in the site.

Let's me see if you can might to understand my instructions, but I hope this helps out?: (the thing ends around 5/8)

1. Try to press the Orange Button first
  2. Try to press the Top blue button (I think it will automatically connects to your My Nintendo Account if you're already logged in)
  3. Press the Red Orb Icon
  4. If you see the Heroes Artwork is moving fast, hit that Blue Button, it's random.
  5. Top Left Blue Button is Do Over, Top Right Blue Button is stamping the result which character you got, and the Bottom Blue Button that have the Twitter Logo Icon is where you post it through to your Twitter account.

Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

Huh... So thats what it was. As you can probably tell, many of us don't understand jap and are all going on speculation and visuals

That's a racial slur.  My great-grandparents and grandparents had to put up with it.  Don't do it again.

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Rerolled several times and I rolled Ryoma who actually said one of his voice clips! (Better rank than the special attack portrait one it seems.)

I keep getting Zephiel, send help.

---

Anyway, here's my response to the issues in the topic:

Mage gauntlet - Love it, hate it, whatever.  There's a topic if you want to go into more detail.

Translations of the announcements - It'll happen when it happens, which is "eventually". The world isn't going to end if it doesn't come out RIGHT THIS MINUTE.  If it's late, go get some sleep.  The creators of Heroes are in Japan, and they don't owe us an instant translation - this is not up for debate.

Golden Week - If you're not the type that follows Japanese release schedules, this may not be something that's obvious.  But, thanks for the reminder, since I'm following something that's both unrelated and being released piecemeal.

"This topic is going off-topic" - That's mini-modding. Cut it out.  Next time someone both submits a ticket and says this in-topic, it's a warning.  If it's that bad, submit the ticket and find something else to do with your time.