FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's a racial slur.  My great-grandparents and grandparents had to put up with it.  Don't do it again.

Is it actually? O.O If so I'm sorry, I've never heard it used in a derogatory form, and only meant to use it as a shorten form of the word. The more you know

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kiran said:

Is it actually? O.O If so I'm sorry, I've never heard it used in a derogatory form, and only meant to use it as a shorten form of the word. The more you know

I can confirm. It's a pretty popular derogatory term used in certain SEA countries when talking about Japanese people. Especially popular among the younger folks within informal settings.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Yeah, it is.  Go look up American media during World War 2.

Proper way to shorten it is JP.

On a less depressing note, is there anyone fluent enough to tell me when the date rollover is on the fortune-telling? I know CYL was sometime around 3ish, maybe (I'm in GMT +8, so I think that's 7AM at GMT+0), so would this be around the same time?

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

On a less depressing note, is there anyone fluent enough to tell me when the date rollover is on the fortune-telling? I know CYL was sometime around 3ish, maybe (I'm in GMT +8, so I think that's 7AM at GMT+0), so would this be around the same time?

Seems to be 12 PM Japan time.  Not sure what it translates to elsewhere.

Just now, eclipse said:

Seems to be 12 PM Japan time.  Not sure what it translates to elsewhere.

I'm fairly sure Japan time is GMT +9 (which, ironically, means that Japanese time is much more convenient for me than American/European), so that'll be around 11.

I think that's 11AM... sorry, I'm not too good at remembering whether noon or midnight is 12PM. I'm fairly sure it's the former.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yeah, it is.  Go look up American media during World War 2.

Proper way to shorten it is JP.

JPN is what I use.

So for the fortunetelling thing, do I need to actually do something? The op doesn't give any directions.

Just now, Suichimo said:

JPN is what I use.

So for the fortunetelling thing, do I need to actually do something? The op doesn't give any directions.

Both work~!  But I'm lazy. :P:

Anyway, click the big red button.  The pop-up window will ask for a My Nintendo account. If you just want to roll like crazy, click the bottom button.  Then, click the red orb, followed by the button at the bottom.  If you want to reroll, click the button on the left.

I clicked the button on the left a lot.  Kept getting bad luck. :P:

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Both work~!  But I'm lazy. :P:

Anyway, click the big red button.  The pop-up window will ask for a My Nintendo account. If you just want to roll like crazy, click the bottom button.  Then, click the red orb, followed by the button at the bottom.  If you want to reroll, click the button on the left.

I clicked the button on the left a lot.  Kept getting bad luck. :P:

JPN just feels more appropriate as we seem to abbreviate most, if not all, nations to three letters.

So basically just link my account. The luck doesn't do anything, right?

Just now, Suichimo said:

JPN just feels more appropriate as we seem to abbreviate most, if not all, nations to three letters.

So basically just link my account. The luck doesn't do anything, right?

But I do US, so there! :P:

Still, knowing both is useful, so thanks~!

And yeah, it's mostly for "this is what I pulled".  Since I suspect a lot of people will have Ryoma as today's snapshot, I decided to be a hipster and use Lilina instead. :P:

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And yeah, it's mostly for "this is what I pulled".  Since I suspect a lot of people will have Ryoma as today's snapshot, I decided to be a hipster and use Lilina instead. :P:

Heh. I'm starting to think Ryoma's too mainstream already. Good thing I have Reindhart and my 5* Neutral Eliwood that's been doing much better than I expected. :)

I like being anti-meta, at least in some way. It just makes me feel like I can prove something to those whales who only want meta heroes and winning against whales as an F2P is always a pleasure. :P

Edited by Lyrai

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That makes Australia 'AU', which is taken by another fandom term, and Europe 'EU', which I think may or may not refer to something related but not identical.

Also, I'm using Lilina too.

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That makes Australia 'AU', which is taken by another fandom term, and Europe 'EU', which I think may or may not refer to something related but not identical.

EU would be the European Union, though Europe is a continent rather than a country anyway.

I have to agree that not providing certain tweets to the whole player base is not the best business model... but alas. Being patient and waiting is always an approach :P: .

Otherwise, if people really care, they can provide feedback and ask (civilly please ;):) if there couldn't be more tweets and similar for other languages/regions except for Japan (the young people's Internet culture wants polls and tweets (and other things they can be internet trolls about :rolleyes:)).

Anyway, it's nice to see new content (also smaller things like the arena changes) constantly being added in.

So Ryoma is the only unit in the pool of red units that has a "supreme luck" category to him, right? Just want to confirm whether this is the case or not.

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

When talking about gaming regions, I believe JP (Japan), NA (North America), EU (Europe), AUS (Australia), and SEA (Southeast Asia) are pretty standard (all caps for all of them). Of those, JP is the only one that refers to a single country and can be also be used to refer to a language, which is what I do.

35 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Anybody got the translations for Lyn's lines on the fortuneteller event? Images are in spoilers from unlucky to great luck.

Hide contents

E6w0Bkm.png

G4riROD.png

ps1mPhp.png

D5hB8Lv.png

Bad luck: "Mhmm...it's no good. I have to train harder."

A little lucky: "I was raised on the plains, so... I don't know much about etiquette."

Lucky: "The wind feels good today."

Very lucky: "The breeze of my homeland... I can hear the blessings they bring me..."

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Bad luck: "Mhmm...it's no good. I have to train harder."

A little lucky: "I was raised on the plains, so... I don't know much about etiquette."

Lucky: "The wind feels good today."

Very lucky: "The breeze of my homeland... I can hear the blessings they bring me..."

Oh, I see. It seems that they're just using transcripts of the heroes' status page quotes and level-up text.

22 hours ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Don't worry, I'm going to run Renewal, not Vantage. I refuse to be part of the plague.

I'll probably end up with Vantage on mine, my one Fazilla has already fed her Renewal to Roy.

My spin today got me Faye. Not sure what the luck was.