FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

A lot of people seem to be upset that non-JP speakers were given no information, but I say we all wait for the reset in two hours and see whether or not Nintendo gives us information via in-game notifications before complaining (and I'm willing to bet that they will). 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There are nicer ways to express that sentiment than whining and insulting the Japanese.

Where's that coming from?

I don't get what's so wrong with criticizing what I perceive to be a poor business practice of a particular company.

SF is usually good at not being insulting towards other cultures. Usually. But there are some places that aren't very good about this, such as that one thread Rey mentioned when the Heroes twitter quiz was going on.

Also, you guys all ignored the comment about "whining". So if you just want to focus on "insulting the Japanese" (which was admittedly not the best choice of words for this situation in particular) does that mean you guys then admit that some of you are being whiny or jumping to conclusions and making unkind assumptions towards whoever develops Heroes at least?

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah...sounds helpful, but also a lot of money. Textbooks are always expensive. I'm not trying to make up excuses or anything, I swear, but I AM unemployed since I moved and I'm going back to school. So...I kind of need the money I have right now. I have spent on a few games, but not much and that's really as far as I'd like to go right now.

It was about $70 total for all 3 books, so not bad in my opinion. Was just saying it's not terribly out of reach if you ever feel like trying.

And on-topic, now I don't know what to do with the few orbs I have. I could really use Azura to have a non-shit Olivia dancer, but Hector and Ryoma would be great to have if I actually pulled them. I guess I can pass on the mage banners, at least, since Linde would be the only thing I'd want and don't have off of them.

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

It depends on the language, the person, and the age. 

Having learned English and Portuguese, there is a big difference in knowing the basics and having a deeper knowledge of the language. 

I mean, yes, it could be easier for certain people to learn certain languages, but it is still not a simple endeavor, because like you said, each language has its own eccentricities that take time and practice to learn.

For example, I speak Japanese so theoretically it could be easier for me to learn Cantonese/Mandarin than someone with no Asian language experience, but it surely is no freaking easy task.

8 minutes ago, XaosLogos said:

I suppose asking for a game company to communicate well with international audiences (read: just release a simple translated announcement) is too much to ask for...

We're most likely getting the translated info upon the update.

Really people stop the drama as there's being no discrimination. We're all getting the same content.

Just now, Quintessence said:

We're most likely getting the translated info upon the update.

Really people stop the drama as there's being no discrimination. We're all getting the same content.

Like pointed out, a heads up would've still be nice. An announcement after the fact kind of ruins the point of it.

Just now, rockocalypse said:

Point of what? Getting info 3 hours earlier?

Uh, the point of it being an announcement of new content? It'd be like releasing a new Mario game we never got a single word about and then afterward, Nintendo posts everywhere "New Mario Game X releasing!" Like...thanks? Couldn't have mentioned it beforehand to get us more excited?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

SF is usually good at not being insulting towards other cultures. Usually. But there are some places that aren't very good about this, such as that one thread Rey mentioned when the Heroes twitter quiz was going on.

Also, you guys all ignored the comment about "whining". So if you just want to focus on "insulting the Japanese" (which was admittedly not the best choice of words for this situation in particular) does that mean you guys then admit that some of you are being whiny or jumping to conclusions and making unkind assumptions towards whoever develops Heroes at least?

Well, you're using some harsh phrasing yourself, and you seem awfully defensive of Japanese culture even though that isn't even what's under fire (at least not directly. It is probably a product of that culture though). It is a genuine complaint, and that is fair game. If a company wants to operate internationally, they need to communicate internationally, especially since very little actually had to do with a Japanese holiday. Most of it was just regular content. Now, to be fair, they usually release an English trailer soon after, but this was advertised to the other countries and they should have been prepared for that.

1 minute ago, rockocalypse said:

Point of what? Getting info 3 hours earlier?

Considering people are burning orbs trying to get Ike and stuff, I could've shelled out $20 to IS for orbs in advance for the banners coming up in a few hours! Goodness!

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It was about $70 total for all 3 books, so not bad in my opinion. Was just saying it's not terribly out of reach if you ever feel like trying.

And on-topic, now I don't know what to do with the few orbs I have. I could really use Azura to have a non-shit Olivia dancer, but Hector and Ryoma would be great to have if I actually pulled them. I guess I can pass on the mage banners, at least, since Linde would be the only thing I'd want and don't have off of them.

This is also my issue. I have Azura, but I'm not sure if I want Hector or Ryoma. Maybe I'll just go for both and take the first one I can get. 

And as an aside...fuck, fuck, fuck. I've spent $200 on this game and just earlier today disabled IAPs to save my sanity. Now this. 

I'm more miffed on how inconsistent they are with some of these things. The early Michealis battle was never announced outside of Japan. The Twitter quiz was only on the Japanese Twitter. Yet we have had retweet milestone events that have included the international stage. 

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually learnt Japanese just because of one game lmao. I didn't use any software or take any classes, just through exposure and a dictionary. To be fair, being Chinese meant I skipped all of the hardest steps.

I honestly agree that information should be handed out to non-Japanese speakers as well, though. Japanese ethnocentrism is very strong, but it's hard to call it a good excuse to ignore the rest of the world in this day and age.

It's literally been 2 hours since this info was given to the Japanese. In the middle of the night for the US. That's some serious impatience.

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

I think it's interesting that this new banner starts from today till....... 開催, which basically means TBA.

Tricky, tricky IS. Guess we better be quick 0.0

it's only gonna last an hour like Michalis!

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Considering people are burning orbs trying to get Ike and stuff, I could've shelled out $20 to IS for orbs in advance for the banners coming up in a few hours! Goodness!

My condolences.
In this dark and unforgiving abysmal terrain known as Gatchas, three hours really is the difference bewteen the joy of 100 newly adopted orphans and the despair of a guy listening to Mad World and getting Critical hit on the boss of a chapter he hasnt made a save on.

What Im trying to say is... I was wrong.

(thats not supposed to sound sarcastic. )

Edited by rockocalypse

Just now, rockocalypse said:

My condolences.
In this dark and unforgiving abysmal terrain known as Gatchas, three hours really is the difference bewteen the joy of 100 newly adopted orphans and the despair of a guy listening to Mad World and getting Critical hit on the boss of a chapter he hasnt made a save on.

What Im trying to say is... I was wrong.

Thank you for understanding your sins against humanity : |' (that's the most Dolph emote I can produce 

I legit laughed out loud. Thank you for the laugh, I needed it

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's literally been 2 hours since this info was given to the Japanese. In the middle of the night for the US. That's some serious impatience.

I'll give you that one. Still shouldn't have emailed us a Japanese link, but I shall see in the morning (or later depending on how late I'm up tonight). Good day.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, you're using some harsh phrasing yourself, and you seem awfully defensive of Japanese culture even though that isn't even what's under fire (at least not directly. It is probably a product of that culture though).

I am sick and tired of fucking shit.

When Fates was first announced and people were discussing which family they wanted to join, I saw comments related to Hoshido and Japanese culture in general that were genuinely disturbing. It wasn't even something harmless such as "I'm just not a big fan of the Japanese aesthetics". Comments about how "only weeabos would join Hoshido" were some of the tamer ones, and not all of them seemed to be joking. The anti-Japanese sentiment among people playing a game developed by a Japanese country is disturbing.

Also, don't like my harsh phrasing? Well, you'll have to live with it. When I try to be nice, people just use it as an excuse to guilt trip me into calling them out for bad behavior. So if people want to be harsh, they're getting harsh back.

Okay, seriously, let's move on from this argument. All it's doing is creating anger.

Let's celebrate the new stuff coming up, no?

Edited by NoirCore

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

WWIII will start over anime or other Japanese media.

It began when a certain someone took office imo

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Guys, try and have fun with all the news being dropped!

That's what I'm saying bro

Can we all just stop and appreciate what we have? PLEASE!?!?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who's ready for the Xander map?

Well, now that I've calmed down somewhat, I do imagine that they'll probably have an English trailer soon or something. And it's probably not too much of a big deal since the new features are probably far-off and won't be here for a while. The most immediate thing is the new focus summon, which we could all tell about even without knowing a speck of the language. But still, I do think it's a legitimate complaint for international players to want an international game to make international announcements rather than catering to a single specific audience. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, but I find it a tad bit rude that many people are equating this complaint as an attack on Japan, its culture, and also its holidays. I don't really think anyone on this thread meant it in such a manner or are hating Japan immensely for this. Maybe they might not be super-fond of Intelligent System's business decisions, but how does Japan exactly come into the equation...?