FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Thank you for understanding your sins against humanity : |' (that's the most Dolph emote I can produce 

I legit laughed out loud. Thank you for the laugh, I needed it

Glad I could do that for ya! And the emotes pretty accurate, I thought it was actually him for a sec.

BUT my picture is CLEARLY of Macellan. Im a little miffed that you mixed them up. Its a little insensitve saying all armor knights look the same.
But you're forgiven

(Im using this emote now.) : |'

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arcanite said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who's ready for the Xander map?

Can't wait to see how Mkv, nstyler, and ItchyBackside would break it.

Ryoma's begging me to pull him -- I rolled his talking neutral portrait (very good luck) 8 times on the Fortuneteller page.

Also tempted to pull for Linde because I plan on supporting her for the voting gauntlet.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's literally been 2 hours since this info was given to the Japanese. In the middle of the night for the US. That's some serious impatience.

Japan getting news and goodies before the rest of the world doesn't bother me at all (especially since I get them early as well lel), but I think it's clear that the FEH team hasn't exactly been communicating with the international community at all, examples being the Michalis early bird event and that one retweet event after the first Voting Gauntlet that Nintendo of Europe didn't even bother tweeting about. That's the true problem, not how fast we're getting the information.

With how little respect JP translators have been given as of recent events here in the FE community, I am not exactly in the best of moods to paint exactly why you guys are being impatient, complaining, and saying "it's unfair". Even bringing up "Japan-centric" minsets... over information that is 2 hours old, broadcasted to a timezone that is AWAKE while in the US it's the dead of night and I should be sleeping for work. Which I don't want to got today.

I have half a mind just to say screw it all and speak in nothing but Japanese when it comes to helping you guys with news.

@Satsuma

I apologize if I made any implication that they're doing everything right. They're not.

It's just Ana tends to have biases and opinions that are VERY uninformed.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, now that I've calmed down somewhat, I do imagine that they'll probably have an English trailer soon or something. And it's probably not too much of a big deal since the new features are probably far-off and won't be here for a while. The most immediate thing is the new focus summon, which we could all tell about even without knowing a speck of the language. But still, I do think it's a legitimate complaint for international players to want an international game to make international announcements rather than catering to a single specific audience. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, but I find it a tad bit rude that many people are equating this complaint as an attack on Japan, its culture, and also its holidays. I don't really think anyone on this thread meant it in such a manner or are hating Japan immensely for this. Maybe they might not be super-fond of Intelligent System's business decisions, but how does Japan exactly come into the equation...?

It's irritating that people just kind of expect it. 

When America gets things, the rest of the world knows that they usually have to wait until we get it. But if America has to wait..... ooooooh boy.

#dontgetmadatme

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Also tempted to pull for Linde because I plan on supporting her for the voting gauntlet.

I'm rooting for the underdog no matter who they are! more feathers for me!

It'll be interesting to see how badly Henry loses this one lol. have a felling he's gonna be Alfonse on this one

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I have half a mind just to say screw it all and speak in nothing but Japanese when it comes to helping you guys with news.

I wanted to learn Japanese anyway

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

When America gets things, the rest of the world knows that they usually have to wait until we get it. But if America has to wait..... ooooooh boy.

#dontgetmadatme

This is honestly what I got from Ana's comment. Good night.

4 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Glad I could do that for ya! And the emotes pretty accurate, I thought it was actually him for a sec.

BUT my picture is CLEARLY of Macellan. Im a little miffed that you mixed them up. Its a little insensitve saying all armor knights look the same.
But you're forgiven

(Im using this emote now.) : |'

Man I posted Dolph, obviously knowing that you're Macellan, because as his closest Knight partner, I figured you needed support in these trying times!

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I am sick and tired of fucking shit.

When Fates was first announced and people were discussing which family they wanted to join, I saw comments related to Hoshido and Japanese culture in general that were genuinely disturbing. It wasn't even something harmless such as "I'm just not a big fan of the Japanese aesthetics". Comments about how "only weeabos would join Hoshido" were some of the tamer ones, and not all of them seemed to be joking. The anti-Japanese sentiment among people playing a game developed by a Japanese country is disturbing.

Also, don't like my harsh phrasing? Well, you'll have to live with it. When I try to be nice, people just use it as an excuse to guilt trip me into calling them out for bad behavior. So if people want to be harsh, they're getting harsh back.

Nobody here was insulting the Japanese culture. You claim other sources did. But that isn't us. So please stop taking it out here. Most of us are complaining (or in your words, whining) about the lack of communication given to international players. This isn't the first time this lack of communication has happened. The Michealis early bird event was never announced to us. The Twitter quiz event was only in Japanese yet we have had international retweet events. This is just the latest example in the lack of communication to international players. I don't care if it's the middle of the night for the US. Not all of us live there. A couple hours could have meant that someone spent orbs on a different banner then they would have, had the message of the new banner been relayed.  

1 hour ago, KongDude88 said:

Was that a typo there? 4/28/16

We're time travelling boys.

16th hour. They do military time, it means 4PM

Have we figured out the orb tiers thing? Is it related to arena tiers? Cause those are based on how long you've been playing the game, and I don't think they can decrease.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Have we figured out the orb tiers thing? Is it related to arena tiers? Cause those are based on how long you've been playing the game, and I don't think they can decrease.

It appears to be related to Arena tiers; some of the kanji correspond with English tier names (ie. Eight Generals at tier 13).

Just now, Kiran said:

Nobody here was insulting the Japanese culture. You claim other sources did. But that isn't us. So please stop taking it out here. Most of us are complaining (or in your words, whining) about the lack of communication given to international players. This isn't the first time this lack of communication has happened. The Michealis early bird event was never announced to us. The Twitter quiz event was only in Japanese yet we have had international retweet events. This is just the latest example in the lack of communication to international players. I don't care if it's the middle of the night for the US. Not all of us live there. A couple hours could have meant that someone spent orbs on a different banner then they would have, had the message of the new banner been relayed.  

If you guys waited a bit and no information came, then I would understand some of the complaining. But the complaints seemed to come up very close after the livestream had finished. Is waiting until the rollover (which is in about one and a half hours) really that hard?

Also, considering the twitter quiz had quite a few questions on exclusively Japanese FE games, I can't say I completely blame them for not releasing it internationally. What's done is done on that one.

Third, if you were paying attention, the "insulting Japanese culture" thing was already addressed and I already stated that it wasn't the best choice of words to use. So way to go, bringing it back up again!

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Man I posted Dolph, obviously knowing that you're Macellan, because as his closest Knight partner, I figured you needed support in these trying times!

I have never misjudged someone so radically since I met Hardin for the first time.
You are a true friend.
(After gaining B support with Macellan, you find that your MOV has decreased by 2. Only slow people can be his friend.)

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

#dontgetmadatme

Are most people here even from America? Legit question, is that common knowledge or just kind of an educated guess? Just because we speak English, I don't think it necessarily means most of us come from there. At the very least I don't, and I've complained from the other side of things when America got stuff first before. I don't think it's wrong when people complain about America getting stuff first, and I've seen plenty of Europeans give legit complaints about a bajillion games they had to wait a few months for even though an English version is already out in the US.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Are most people here even from America? Legit question, is that common knowledge or just kind of an educated guess? Just because we speak English, I don't think it necessarily means most of us come from there. At the very least I don't, and I've complained from the other side of things when America got stuff first before. I don't think it's wrong when people complain about America getting stuff first, and I've seen plenty of Europeans give legit complaints about a bajillion games they had to wait a few months for even though an English version is already out in the US.

I'm a sleep-deprived American college student and I'm just trying to have fun and be hyped with the news being dropped.

3 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, you got Xenoblade years before we did. That's something.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you guys waited a bit and no information came, then I would understand some of the complaining. But the complaints seemed to come up very close after the livestream had finished. Is waiting until the rollover (which is in about one and a half hours) really that hard?

To be fair, I can see why people expect the international community to be informed at the same time. The 1/18 Direct came out at the same time for both Japan and the rest of the world, so it felt like they were beginning to move into addressing the global community like how Pokemon does it.

The timing of this new banner is too cruel (IS why). Hopefully it lasts past the Voting Gauntlet so I'll actually have orbs for it.

I also wish IS communicated a bit more with its non-Japanese community, but the only thing that really bothered me was the Michalis event. Twitter quiz being JP-only made sense because of all the FE12 questions on it. Then again, Michalis early bird was in the middle of the night/really early for the west so only crazies some people were awake for it. That being said, America is pretty spoiled when it comes to...pretty much everything, so I guess this is just us getting a taste of our own medicine hehe.  

I did looked at that scene where the Owl traveled that the place where Veronica (with Julia next to her) looks like is on The Dragon's Table from Fire Emblem Awakening. And also, does the Livestream reveals the Owl's name, I did heard that Owl didn't have a name mentioned in the entire game?

And also, I did went to the Fortune thing and I did get like 3 Lilinas and 3 Pallas with 6 tries. I did managed to get a critical hit artwork of Lilina.

5953b6fb8dbdf633e72ff25f5e4ccd4a_zps7bcx

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You can still look online for Japanese media to read and listen to. Anime is a serviceable source if you're into that. There are online dictionaries out there, too; I just happened to have a physical one at the time.

Subtitles in Anime aren't exactly reliable to learn Japanese + they're really too fast too read and the subtitles are get in the way on the screen when you're watching the whole scene. I did took an actual Japanese class and my sensei was excited that my fluent of speaking Japanese have gotten way good. I did practiced writing kanjis, hiraganas, & katakanas, and did took a lot of notes to learn a lot of words to know what it means in Japanese.

17 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Can't wait to see how Mkv, nstyler, and ItchyBackside would break it.

Ryoma's begging me to pull him -- I rolled his talking neutral portrait (very good luck) 8 times on the Fortuneteller page.

I cant wait for them to show that 20 STAGES of HELL more!

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

And also, does the Livestream reveals the Owl's name, I did heard that Owl didn't have a name mentioned in the entire game?

It's not in the game, but the owl's name was in one of the official FE Heroes twitter profiles since launch, can't remember which language it was.

Edited by XaosLogos

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It appears to be related to Arena tiers; some of the kanji correspond with English tier names (ie. Eight Generals at tier 13).

And it also seems we may be able to drop(and I'd assume rise, then, too) in tiers, besides just time having played the game. I guess that makes more sense than how it is now, since new players start at rank 1 while day 1 players are at 13th rank by now, even though it doesn't seem to impact anything right now.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

So, in terms of in-universe news, I guess Feh is a talking, sentient owl? Huh, that's sorta cute. And I think she's female...question mark?

When can I pull her? Feathers, I mean. Those are definitely the same feathers we use to promote heroes.

Just now, Alkaid said:

And it also seems we may be able to drop(and I'd assume rise, then, too) in tiers, besides just time having played the game. I guess that makes more sense than how it is now, since new players start at rank 1 while day 1 players are at 13th rank by now, even though it doesn't seem to impact anything right now.

Looks like those deathless runs and Arena rerolls are going to become more important than ever.