FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Maybe he portion of the Heroes playerbase we make up is a lot smaller than we think? I don't know. Either way it's lame though.I don't even think stuff like the early Michalis GHB challenge hour was ever announced through non-Japanese channels either. If nothing else I'm just saying I'd like if the info about the game came straight to us instead of needing to go through fan forums and fan twitter accounts to find it. Seems like bad business on their end too to not let a chunk of their playerbase not know what's up about some stuff.

I suppose it could be, but I agree, it's pretty lame and does seem like bad business. We don't have a Facebook page or Twitter or anything for this though. Yet, Pokemon GO does, of course... (which is understandable since it's Pokemon, but still).

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

'Looks around in my Japanese office'

It's Golden Week?? Shit, why am I working then? Actually, Golden Week starts next week. Today is our last day of Parent - Teacher interviews (thank God)!

My apologies. I kept thinking it was Friday already being done from how badly I didn't want to go to work tomorrow.

I just get steamed at complaints that say "It's unfair Japan isn't telling us about this" when everyone gets the benefits worldwide. The reason they don't translate this crap is things like when the twitter quiz was happening. People were throwing insults out without knowing Japanese at all.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except when I clicked the first big red button I saw, I was taken to a window with two blue buttons to choose from. I don't know which to pick since I can't read them.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

just click them and see. Right is "Roll/Reroll" and Left is "Keep". I found this out by clicking. If you don't like your roll but kept it, click the person in the page that you want toreroll for and just do it again.

From what I have found through online translators (If this is inaccurate, i apologize), Here are the translations of the rankings. 

凶 - Bad Luck (1 *)

小吉 - Slightly Good Luck (2 *)

中吉 - Good Luck (3 *)

大吉 - Excellent Luck (4 *)

超大吉 - Super/ Ultra Luck (5 *)

Edited by Lord_Grima

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

just click them and see. Right is "Roll/Reroll" and Left is "Keep". I found this out by clicking. If you don't like your roll but kept it, click the person in the page that you want toreroll for and just do it again.

I think it's the opposite. Right is keep.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I just get steamed at complaints that say "It's unfair Japan isn't telling us about this" when everyone gets the benefits worldwide. The reason they don't translate this crap is things like when the twitter quiz was happening. People were throwing insults out without knowing Japanese at all.

I found the thread in question on gamefaqs. That was just bad.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

I don't mean to insult Japanese, SOC, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. It's just that it simply makes sense to post the news worldwide since the game is a worldwide thing and FE is now marketed as a major IP as pointed out earlier. And yes, we get the benefits, but we don't learn when or extra details about them or anything. We could miss out on some stuff entirely because we have no idea that we should be booting up the game to update it. Not everybody goes to Twitter or SF or speaks Japanese. I wouldn't have known about a lot of stuff as soon as I did without SF.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

No, I think she means the first pop-up that that ask you to link your nintendo account. I selected the top option for that one personally.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well, it isn't the best business strategy.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

"We'll put an end to the fighting by fighting" is what he says.

Kinda fitting from what I know about Birthright.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't mean to insult Japanese, SOC, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. It's just that it simply makes sense to post the news worldwide since the game is a worldwide thing and FE is now marketed as a major IP as pointed out earlier. And yes, we get the benefits, but we don't learn when or extra details about them or anything. We could miss out on some stuff entirely because we have no idea that we should be booting up the game to update it. Not everybody goes to Twitter or SF or speaks Japanese. I wouldn't have known about a lot of stuff as soon as I did without SF.

It'd be like if we had a INDEPENDENCE DAY and didn't translate something for a game online for people who only speak German, or a THANKSGIVING DAY event for the same thing, and didn't translate it for folks in Brazil. Heck, Canada's Thanksgiving is in October.

Think about it like that, and at it should make more sense about effort. Even if the game's worldwide, translating every detail for everything would likely require teams going into detail for events, and that's taking resources away from working on the actual event material (as a web developer, it's something I run into with clients from overseas that have holidays that we don't, like India's Festival of Colors, which is a gigantic holiday out there but one I'm forced to work around despite never having heard of it until this job)

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But, you don't need to know these extra things to enjoy the game.

If you want to know extra information or learn about things before the common folk, then you can have to choose to look at SF or Twitter or learn some basic Japanese to decipher things

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

It'd be like if we had a INDEPENDENCE DAY and didn't translate something for a game online for people who only speak German, or a THANKSGIVING DAY event for the same thing, and didn't translate it for folks in Brazil. Heck, Canada's Thanksgiving is in October.

Think about it like that, and at it should make more sense about effort. Even if the game's worldwide, translating every detail for everything would likely require teams going into detail for events, and that's taking resources away from working on the actual event material (as a web developer, it's something I run into with clients from overseas that have holidays that we don't, like India's Festival of Colors, which is a gigantic holiday out there but one I'm forced to work around despite never having heard of it until this job)

I was literally about to post the same comparison, this is next level ninja'd.

However, I still think it's in their best interest to let all players have a heads up on what's going on if it's something important enough. That Michalis early GHB event is a prime example.

Edited by Alkaid

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

No, I think she means the first pop-up that that ask you to link your nintendo account. I selected the top option for that one personally.

Yeah, this. I don't know what those buttons say.

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

But, you don't need to know these extra things to enjoy the game.

If you want to know extra information or learn about things before the common folk, then you can have to choose to look at SF or Twitter or learn some basic Japanese to decipher things

I enjoy the game more when I do know them though. It can get me excited/hyped.

Why would I learn a whole language just for one game...? And besides, I actually looked into it awhile back, and I decided Japanese was too complicated and confusing to be worth my time, plus language learning software is crazy expensive.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I wasn't referring to the holiday thing, I was referring more to things like that gauntlet, the banner with Ryoma, etc. The holiday thing I understand why it's only in Japanese now, the rest I don't.

Do we know when the mage gauntlet will be?

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I was literally about to post the same comparison, this is next level ninja'd.

However, I still think it's in their best interest to let all players have a heads up on what's going on if it's something important enough. That Michalis early GHB event is a prime example.

Yes. The holiday the event is based around might be only in Japan, but the in-game event will be global, and that's what people care about.

I don't think it would take a lot of effort to make a tweet or post in English to let us know that X will be happening at such and such a time.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, it isn't the best business strategy.

Kinda fitting from what I know about Birthright.

What about it isn't the best business strategy?

This is all about hype for the Japanese. They're all off for said week. While everyone else it's just another week.

It's a golden week celebration banner amd event. Everyone gets a banner worldwide. Golden Week and Omikuji isn't exactly a widespread thing everywhere else. Why would they care? They'd only care about orbs and feathers.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this. I don't know what those buttons say.

No idea what they do either, but I assumed it has something to do with linking your Nintendo Account so that it can track and save your results and selecting the top button allowed me to continue to the fortune part.

New voting gauntlet looks silly. Why put Leo in again when he was in the first one? Also it could have used a Nino as she's the only character who can possibly stop Tharja from sweeping and give Eilbe some attention. I don't think they've had any thus far.

New focus banner needs to have the title "OP HEROES."

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

What about it isn't the best business strategy?

This is all about hype for the Japanese. They're all off for said week. While everyone else it's just another week.

It's a golden week celebration banner amd event. Everyone gets a banner worldwide. Golden Week and Omikuji isn't exactly a widespread thing everywhere else. Why would they care? They'd only care about orbs and feathers.

We mean not translating information like the banner, gauntlet, and other information. Not the holiday event. Like I said, I understand why that's a Japanese-only thing. But not bothering to tell us about this gauntlet or the Xander battle or anything? Makes no sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would I learn a whole language just for one game...? And besides, I actually looked into it awhile back, and I decided Japanese was too complicated and confusing to be worth my time, plus language learning software is crazy expensive.

I actually learnt Japanese just because of one game lmao. I didn't use any software or take any classes, just through exposure and a dictionary. To be fair, being Chinese meant I skipped all of the hardest steps.

I honestly agree that information should be handed out to non-Japanese speakers as well, though. Japanese ethnocentrism is very strong, but it's hard to call it a good excuse to ignore the rest of the world in this day and age.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy