First Villager's Fork now available; which of your characters is getting it?

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I've found that selling the Boots is a good choice, mainly because of how small most maps are, having high move isn't really necessary. They sell for 3 Gold, which is incredibly useful.

But Celica is stuck with 4 Mov, which affects her otherwise amazing combat.

I guess if you LTC or something you won't ever need the Boots, since Palla, Catria and Mathilda are all you need, except maybe putting it on Slique for the taxi. Then the Gold would be worth to be Gradivus or something.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But Celica is stuck with 4 Mov, which affects her otherwise amazing combat.

I guess if you LTC or something you won't ever need the Boots, since Palla, Catria and Mathilda are all you need, except maybe putting it on Slique for the taxi. Then the Gold would be worth to be Gradivus or something.

I've never had a problem with her low move, as I use her mainly for a magic attacker, so she never has to really keep up. 

Then again, I always sell Boots in other games anyway because I never can decide on who to give it to, so maybe it's just second nature now.

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I've never had a problem with her low move, as I use her mainly for a magic attacker, so she never has to really keep up. 

Then again, I always sell Boots in other games anyway because I never can decide on who to give it to, so maybe it's just second nature now.

She still kinda does. Cecilia carries Chapter 2, so having 5 Mov early is great. Then, in Chapter 3, Cecilia is stuck with only one tile of Mov on desert tiles, while fellow mages and promoted peeps (Saber as Sword Fighter, Leon as Sniper etc.) have two tiles, and the Whitewings just dance circles around the rest. Come Chapter 4, Palla and Catria would promote, and the people trying to play fast will already have gotten Saber and maybe Kamui to Dread Fighter. With two 8 Mov fliers and at least one 7 Mov attacker, all very powerful, Cecilia and her 4 Mov is basically obsolete even when the horrible terrain ends.

I personally don't suffer from the above problems too much because I don't try to play really fast, but her 4 Mov is still a pain to me.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

ita a toss up for me as i have several ideas.... i can turn lukas, or python into a merc, as after getting them to fread fighter i can change them to cavelier also, i think matilda, or palla as a priestess would be bomb, prolly gonna go to palla first tho

Edited by Silverdawn77

So I'm still confused: Do Casters retain their black/white Spells they learned when they switch to a different class that uses that kind of magic? For example, if Faye went through Mage and Priestess to learn Freeze and then Villager Fork'd back to Cleric, would she still be able to use Freeze?

21 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

So I'm still confused: Do Casters retain their black/white Spells they learned when they switch to a different class that uses that kind of magic? For example, if Faye went through Mage and Priestess to learn Freeze and then Villager Fork'd back to Cleric, would she still be able to use Freeze?

No. Mage spells and Cleric spells are separate.

I think even if you promote, say, Genny, to a Saint, then Village Fork her and set her back into Cleric, she'll have to start from the beginning on her spells again, even if she knew her entire spell roster before you demoted her.

Is there a unique spell set for all characters when changed to Mage/Cleric, or are those currently not listed (basically every non-villager, mage, cleric, and mercenary characters) have some type of generic set?

Edit: Nevermind. They get a generic set. Makes sense but that's a shame. Basically, don't promote characters normally incapable of becoming mage/cleric become one.

3 hours ago, Iridium said:

Can Palla (or others) still Triangle Attack if class changed?

I want to know this too. I imagine it wouldn't due to the special animation though.

Edited by KongDude88

13 hours ago, VincentASM said:

No idea if it was a glitch or intended feature, but yeah, it's in. My Saber is Level 10+ and I got the message to Class Change.

There are some other weird things that made the jump too. Really curious to see if Luna still works with Clerics...

I think it was a glitch. like nosferatu killing Doma, but they made it a feature in the remake since it was a more well known glitch.

If you use the Fork on any male, will they be able to go through the Dread Fighter -> Villager cycle? If so, using it on Mycen.

Also, do we know if future DLC will have infinite Villager's Forks available upon completion?

I feel like Lukas is getting mine. I just can't picture him as anything but a cavalier. It's just really weird.... most of my villagers are gonna do the dread fighter path first then switch back into what i really want em for first time. I really don't mind grinding so here i come rare mobs. Also it should help prepare for hard mode Chapter 6.

8 hours ago, Tsak said:

I feel like Lukas is getting mine. I just can't picture him as anything but a cavalier. It's just really weird.... most of my villagers are gonna do the dread fighter path first then switch back into what i really want em for first time. I really don't mind grinding so here i come rare mobs. Also it should help prepare for hard mode Chapter 6.

Yo Lukas would look sick as a Cavalier, like Mycen but with even more red armor

10 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

If you use the Fork on any male, will they be able to go through the Dread Fighter -> Villager cycle? If so, using it on Mycen.

Also, do we know if future DLC will have infinite Villager's Forks available upon completion?

I should think so. Although one extra cycle is pretty game-breaking already.

No idea, I'm afraid. Fates only had one Paragon for instance, so it could go either way. I am really hoping there are more though, but at the same time it makes it feel more special if there's just one.

7 hours ago, Tsak said:

i feel so stupid that i never thought of that..... hello what im doing to Atlas

On 4/27/2017 at 10:26 AM, Tolvir said:

What classes would work well for Lukas outside of Soldier? I imagine Merc wouldnt be too bad, and Cavalier would allow him to continue using lances, but I imagine there are many better cavalier than him. What would be the best outside of Soldier?

If you really want to break the game, make Lukas a mercenary, then go through the line until his stats are maxed, then make him a Gold Knight. The perfect Lukas.

12 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Tempted to use mine on Zeke, and take advantage of the best growths in the game. Just reset him back to cavalier and watch the heads roll.

On the opposite end, it might be fun to use it on Mycen and abuse the villager cycle until he gets max stats.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

So Mila's Bounty 4 is available now and it gives a 2nd Villagers Fork. Woo!

Now I'll be able to make more Clerics into Mages!

In all seriousness, it'll probably go to either Mae or Sonia in order to go Cleric and offset the lack of healing I'd have after making Genny a Mage.

42 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

So Mila's Bounty 4 is available now and it gives a 2nd Villagers Fork. Woo!

gahhhhh
this makes its so less heart wrenching
Forsyth my child, you and Lukas will ascend together