Unit Concept: Walhart

Ever since the popularity poll came to an end, I've been pretty (Read: very) salty that my pick didn't even make top 200 on the list, even moreso now that he doesn't seem to be on the Grand Hero Battle list for the forseeable future (Since that seems to be the only way we're getting antagonists or stage bosses). So, I figured I'd just make my own fun, and try and make a hero with some semblance of balance about him. Keep in mind this is my first time trying something of this nature, and as such, it will not be perfect, or probably, even good. Any and all criticism is encouraged and appreciated. With that said, let's get into it!

Unit: Walhart, The Conqueror

Help Menu Description: Dauntless emperor of the Valmese, who holds firm to his ideology of the strong rising up to conquer the weak. Appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Summoned Quote:

"I am Walhart, known across my world as the Conqueror. Have you summoned me here so that we may do battle and conquer the lands? Then you need only direct my fury."

Status Screen Quotes:

[4S]: "Some of us are born great, whereas others attain greatness during their lives. I, Walhart, was born great."
[4S]: "My subordinates think me a God among men. You would be wise to do the same."
[4S]: "Did that worm Excellus have a hand in summoning me here?"
[4S]: "Hmph."
[4S]: "Cease your incessant poking, lest I break that finger of yours like a twig."
[4S]: "You have the makings of a conqueror, bending all these heroes to your will."
[5S]: "In my world, and all others, the strong are destined to consume the weak. This precept is inexorable."
[5S]: "It seems I am bound to lend you my strength for a while longer."

Home Screen Quotes:

"Prince Alfonse may make a fine conqueror yet. He need only distance himself from diplomacy."
"This Order of Heroes seems much like the Shepherds I've been repelling in my world. Such camaraderie disgusts me."
"A true conqueror does not require such transient meals consisting of the animals of the land. Only blessings from the earth are fit to eat."
"Are you to tell me that these 'Heroes' are indeed the legends of old? Yet they still heed your call over my own? Absurd."
"I shall bring the enemy to keel, but you are to be my eyes and ears. Do not end yourself prematurely by neglecting your health."

Critical/Special Trigger Quotes:

"Stand up and FIGHT!"

"I am INEXORABLE!"

"Cast to the wayside!"

"Is that all you can muster?"

Death Quote:

"Defeat..."

Movement Type: Cavalry 

5S Level 1 Stats [No IV's/Weapons/Skills]:
17/9/8/8/5

5S Level 40 Stats [No IV's/Weapons/Skills]:
41/33/34/26/21

5S Skills:

Weapon: Wolf Berg {New Weapon} ///Legendary/// [Mt: 16, Rng: 1, Allows for counterattack regardless of attacker's distance if unit is attacked]
Support: Harsh Command [Change debuffs on an adjacent ally into buffs]
Special: N/A

A: N/A
B: Seal ATK 3 [After Combat involving this unit, enemy's ATK -7]
C: Conquest {New Skill} [Allies sharing movement or weapon type within 2 spaces recieve ATK/DEF +2. If an ally shares both weapon and movement type with unit, ATK/DEF +4.] 

Comments: After going through the hell that is Chapter 20 of FE: Awakening on Lunatic, I've come to believe that Walhart is one of the strongest non-Final Boss story enemies in the entirety of FE:A. Despite his weapon not giving him any stat boosts, the range on it made it so that you couldn't just attack him with magic to exploit his weak RES stat, as he could easily ORKO 90% of the mages you could have at the time. I tried to embody his harsh and dominant personality with the choice of his support ability, whereas I changed Conquest's functionality, as we already have Svalin Shield which fills the same functionality for Cavalry units. Conquest makes it so that he can move through forests, something which cavalry are inherantly unable to do, as well as move through mountains, which are normally impassable unless the unit is flying. However, he can't cross over lakes and gaps, as well as walls being impassable. Please leave any thoughts or criticisms in the comments, and if you all like thie enough, I may just do another one for a certain philandering cavalier, or one of the most famous piles of ash in existance [;)]. See you all next time!

EDIT 1: Changed functionality of Conquest [Previously allowed unparalled chase potential as well as movement, which was a tad broken], changed B skill from Quick Ripost 3 to Seal ATK 3, Reduced stats to be in line with other cavs. Added Summoned quote and Home Screen quotes.

EDIT 2: Moved Conquest to C Slot.

Edited by CtrlAltSandwich

That take on Conquest seems really overpowered, and I think Hector is the only natural "Quick Riposte + 1-2 range counter" user we need, especially with axes. I do hope we get him eventually, though, especially with Wolf Berg as a Distant Counter weapon. Harsh Command also seems fitting. Given that he originally had Conquest protect him against effective bonuses, perhaps it'd make the most sense to just give him Conquest as a clone of Grani's Shield?

Conquest is too OP. Having a Cav (thus moving up to 3 spaces) being able to cross barriers would be game breaking. Also his stats are too high. Melee cavs have a BST ranging from 150 - 155. Your stat spread has a BST of 163. I do really like the quotes though. Many of them are very fitting for his character. 

23 minutes ago, CtrlAltSandwich said:

5S Level 40 Stats [No IV's/Weapons/Skills]:
41/33/35/30/24

That's 8 to 10 points too many for a physical cavalry unit. With the exception of Jagen, all physical cavalry units have a stat total between 153 and 155.

A Spd growth of 27 is also physically impossible (legal 5-star growths are 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, and 33).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's 8 to 10 points too many for a physical cavalry unit. With the exception of Jagen, all physical cavalry units have a stat total between 153 and 155.

A Spd growth of 27 is also physically impossible (legal 5-star growths are 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, and 33).

Duly noted. I'm in the process of finding a more suitable B slot as well. Give me around 5 minutes for the edit to register. Rebalancing of Conquest as well.

17 minutes ago, CtrlAltSandwich said:

Edit 1 has been made, please critique it as much as possible so I know what to change, and how to change it.

Conquest is basically now a worse hone/fortify Cavalry that also works on weapons

also it doesn't say "At the beginning of the turn" or "during combat"

It'd be better in the C slot than the A since that's where most buffs go anyway

also, I like +3 instead of +2 in each stat

Edited by Arcanite

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Conquest is basically now a worse hone/fortify Cavalry that also works on weapons

also it doesn't say "At the beginning of the turn" or "during combat"

It'd be better in the C slot than the A since that's where most buffs go anyway

also, I like +3 instead of +2 in each stat

The reason I left the bonus at +2 is because it is passive, as long as the units remain within 2 spaces of Walhart. The moment an ally moves into or out of range, they gain or lose the bonus respectively.

Lunatic playable Walhart stat

80 | 49 | 37 | 42 | 23

Your Stat

41/33/34/26/21

Since your cav do have alot of BST. you need to remove some stat.

However.. he would definitely have more DEF than SPEED. Sorry man.