Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Screenshot_20170428-013454.png

A new voting gauntlet has just been announced in the FE Heroes stream: eight mages of both genders will fight it out in a ruthless popularity contest!

The final round has just concluded, and this is the reslut:

Tharja, Dark Shadow, has won against Robin, High Deliverer!

As before, the gauntlet is accompanied by summoning banners.

This time, a comeback-assisting feature is here: the losing team's flags will be worth 3 times for an hour.

If the overall voting score exceeds 10 billion by 2 PM GMT+7 May 18th, all players will get 20 orbs, 5 of each great badge, and 5,000 universal crystals as a grand reward!
The final overall voting score is 131,700,378,446, (or more than thirteen times the projected goal). Prepare for receiving the reward soon!

Whom are you going to support? I was fighting for Julia, even though she lost. All hail the true Empress of Grannvale!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linde has been one of my favorite fire emblem characters for a long time. i love her design, I loved her character (as little lines as she got), and I love her new artwork she got for heroes. the moment I saw her artwork in that first video I thought "holy shit, is that linde?? is linde in this game oh my god"

and later, when we got another video where I could clearly see linde named, I was so excited.  i was so happy linde would finally be in another game, and that she got such great new artwork, and that she had a voice that was so good.  my reaction when I saw her was something along the lines of "OHHHH MY GOD LINDE IS ACTUALLY IN THIS GAME AAAAAAAAHHHHH"

i'm not sure if my heart can take seeing tharja annihilate linde in the first round

i'll still pick her though but only because I know I can jump to tharja's team once she loses the first round

at least linde's in a focus now????? i'll probably waste a lot of orbs unsuccessfully trying to get her but hey at least it's a possibility for me now!

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A new voting gauntlet has just been announced in the FE Heroes stream: eight mages of both genders will fight it out in a ruthless popularity contest!

Female side: Sanaki, Tharja, Linde, Julia.

Male side: Henry, Robin, Merric, Leo.

As before, the gauntlet will be accompanied by summoning banners.

Whom are you going to support? I'm going Team Julia. All hail the true Empress of Jugdral!

May want to point out the x3 behind comeback score condition, too.

Anyways, I'm backing Sanaki and hoping to possibly roll her (and adult Tiki) after I get one of the Tellius greens or two.

Of the following, I'll pledge my support to team Linde.

A shame I don't have her, though. Not sure if I want to test my luck with yolo pulls (571 orbs right now).

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

May want to point out the x3 behind comeback score condition, too.

Anyways, I'm backing Sanaki and hoping to possibly roll her (and adult Tiki) after I get one of the Tellius greens or two.

X3 score multiplier means comebacks are very possible now. Here's hoping that every match ends up like Ephraim vs Chrom now. (Not sure if I can handle that kind of stress though)

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

TEAM JULIA REPRESENT

All hail the glorious and majestic Empress of Jugdral

I'm with ya buddy.

I'll go with Linde if she lost early somehow.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@NoirCore @Korath88 So if A scores 10 billion and B scores 4 billion, then B actually has 12 billion?

I would expect teams to start gaining 3x points WHILE they're losing rather than have it be applied at the very end.

e.g. Spending 100 flags gets you 30k points while your team is losing and 10k points while you're winning.

Edited by Otorio

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@NoirCore @Korath88 So if A scores 10 billion and B scores 4 billion, then B actually has 12 billion?

No, it means that if your team is currently losing, each flag will be worth 3, so spending 200 flags when your team is not in the lead will amount to 66,000 points instead of 22,000 like before.

Hmm... actually there are some good choices that I can't decide. Here's my ranking:
1. Linde
2. Robin
3. Julia
4. Leo
5. Sanaki
6. Merric
7. Henry
8. Tharja

Do I have a bias against Tharja? Perhaps. But that's mainly because I always go against the obvious winner.

No Nino or Soren, but instead Julia as a green mage is a disappointment. Soren was recently released so it makes sense he's not on there... but why Julia over Nino, wasn't Nino on a previous banner?

Anyway, I'm supporting Linde.

The only one I have of them is Merric but I can't say I care for him.

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

No, it means that if your team is currently losing, each flag will be worth 3, so spending 200 flags when your team is not in the lead will amount to 66,000 points instead of 22,000 like before.

Added this to the OP. Did I get it right?

1 minute ago, XaosLogos said:

No Nino or Soren, but instead Julia as a green mage is a disappointment. Soren was recently released so it makes sense he's not on there... but why Julia over Nino, wasn't Nino on a previous banner?

Anyway, I'm supporting Linde.

The only one I have of them is Merric but I can't say I care for him.

How dare you. 

I do admit that I'm disappointed Nino isn't on here as I think she's the only female mage whose popularity rivals that of Tharja (potentially more if reddit is anything to go by), but there's no reason we couldn't have had two green female mages (male team has two reds after all). It's not like Julia replaced Nino or anything. 

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I believe I'll be joining Team Julia. I'll be fighting with a few of you here it seems.

Speaking of which, I should probably go add some SF people.

Go ahead, 2511325170. I don't think I already had you in the list. Username is Japanese for Setsuna, right?

Out of the mages I like from the banner, I have Merric and Sanaki. I'm not sure which one yet. I also considered MRobin, as even though I'm ambivalent on Robin himself, MRobin has been good to me and was one of my earlier 5* pulls, but ultimately he has too much popularity for feather gain optimization purposes. I will gladly vote for him in the final, though, if it comes down to it.  Tharja I have, but no.

Nobody I'm passionate about this round, unlike last round with Minerva. If Nino, Reinhardt, or Olwen (still don't have her) are on this banner, I'd be more into it for the characters, but with this roster I'm going for optimal feathers.

Ready to watch Tharja roll over everyone unless the new comeback system is actually OP, in which case I could see Robin winning.

I wonder if the ranking system will be adjusted, since if somebody picks a losing team every time and has their flags count 3x as much they'll easily blow past anybody on winner teams in the total rank catagory. Maybe for the purpose of total rank the flags will still only be counted 1x, and the 3x will only be within the team scores.

Either way, going for Tharja since she's my favorite of the lot. Guess it's time for me to be hated for the 3rd time in a row.

Edited by Alkaid