Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Hawk King said:

A better way to do it would be to hide the scores so that you don't know who is winning until the round is over. That way no one plays the sides or bandwagons and they just pick their favorites.

I agree that'd help, even if not much just due to how massive the blowout caused by the top characters ends up regardless. But yeah, it seemed dumb ever since the beginning that everyone could see Lucina instantly crush Sharena and it just led to tons more people to join her side.

Then again we wouldn't get the entertainment of stuff like the last day of Camilla vs Cordelia where within an hour after the daily reset Camilla showed her cup size wasn't the only thing that was enormous and came out swinging with a 1 billion lead over Cordelia. That was hilarious, honestly.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@Arcanite - I think we pulled a role reversal.... Usually you're telling me who to support...

Yeah

I don't even know who I am anymore......

22 minutes ago, Dolce said:

Make that 6.

Join us because...

• Leo and Oboro are from the same game (FATES REPRESENT?)
  • Leo is the only Cavalry type unit in the gauntlet (which automatically makes him good no it doesn't but I'll say it anyways)
  • We kicked Leo's butt in Team Ephraim and now are paying him back by joining him. If he hadn't been our opponent, we might not have had the flags needed to defeat Chrom in the most epic of battles from that gauntlet.
  • We have cookies?

I'm not much of a cookie person actually

But yes, as I've pointed out before, joining team Leo as a former Ephraim makes a lot of sense.

Spoiler

Let's see how badly Leo can trample the competition

Spoiler

Get it? cause he's on a horse? HA

21 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i feel like i'm one of the few that actually likes Tharja, both for her helping carry me in Awakening and in personality. despite having this whole front where she's a creepy dark mage who views most people as subjects for her experiments, she's actually pretty affectionate and ends up using her hexes/curses to help people. her convo with Nowi is pretty sweet. she's like a grumpy old lady which i have a personal bias for, but...the only thing i don't like is that she was neglectful/abusive to her daughter. i won't say she didn't ever hex someone without consent and in a manipulative/bad way, but...mmm. also her weird obsession with Robin and stalking him/her is gross in my books. idk tho i just like her. 

I agree though! I find her grumpiness weirdly charming lol. And she's actually kind of a sweetheart when you get right down to it, though she clearly doesn't want anyone to know that, heh. The thing about her being abusive is something that I think a lot of people misinterpret, though; it might look that way on the surface but really it's not all that people say it is. And the thing with Robin, yeah... Admittedly, it's probably the weakest part of her in terms of writing/character since it's never REALLY properly explained or justified, but it kiiiinda makes sense when you consider (v Awakening spoilers v)

Spoiler

that she probably knows Robin is the avatar of Grima and that that's likely the reason she stalks them and obsesses over them.

(my wife is fond of pointing out that Henry actually does something sort of similar in terms of treating Robin different than they treat other people; he's pretty flippant and casual with almost everyone else, though with Robin he's weirdly docile and compliant by comparison... >3> I think that's pretty telling personally, that both characters who are known to be PRIESTS of Grima treat you in a specific way that's different from the others. But unfortunately it's never really explored or expanded on, likely for reasons of preventing plot spoilers being in supports, but still.)

REGARDLESS. I understand the underdog thing, so root for whoever you want man xD And @ everyone, really. It's all in good fun. 

Edited by BANRYU

37 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Come on, join Team Julia. You know you want to. You even have a 40+10 of her. How could you say no to that silky white hair and dragon-based magic abilities!? Even if I really hate her when going against her

A level 40+9 and a level 1+9 with 5 additional copies left over waiting for my indecisive ass to pick a nature to use.

Linde has seniority on waifu status, and being voiced by one of my favorite voice actors (Seto Asami) is a huge plus.

Julia basically comes off as Ninian Lite in her aesthetics and in falling in the Yamato nadeshiko bucket, which is never a bad thing, and even if Seto Asami beats out Sakura Ayane hands down, Sakura does a damned good job of voicing Julia.

Maybe I'll hold off until I see their match-ups. If one of them is up against Tharja in the first round, I'll go with that one first.

Also, I haven't played enough of Awakening to have gotten Tharja yet, but from what I've seen in Heroes, I rather like her personality. She amuses me.

It's just that she's up against 2 of my waifus, so I can't really side with her unless they drop out.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But yes, as I've pointed out before, joining team Leo as a former Ephraim makes a lot of sense.

Reveal hidden contents

Let's see how badly Leo can trample the competition

Reveal hidden contents

Get it? cause he's on a horse? HA

Pff, stop horsing around and join Team Merric! He has green hair, like Nino! It's what Nino would've wanted.

Spoiler

But seriously, Nino should've been in this. Where is the Nino!!

Spoiler

Ninooooo!!! Where are you!!

Spoiler

ninoNINOninoNINOnionoi...!

Spoiler

NinoNINOninOnionoininianNiNo

Spoiler

Micaiah! This gauntlet also really needed Micaiah.

Besides Merric is going to dominate this so hard, he'll probably just stop participating in the gauntlet after the first round! He's just kind and merciful like that. You'd then be free to spread your love around to someone else!

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Pff, stop horsing around and join Team Merric! He has green hair, like Nino! It's what Nino would've wanted.

Besides Merric is going to dominate this so hard, he'll probably just stop participating in the gauntlet after the first round! He's just kind and merciful like that. You'd then be free to spread your love around to someone else!

Hey man I hear that ~3o Merric is a cool guy (and one that not a lot of people have... lolol..~) I'm down if I can get a replica of his boss robe haha. 

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Reveal hidden contents

But seriously, Nino should've been in this. Where is the Nino!!

Reveal hidden contents

Ninooooo!!! Where are you!!

Reveal hidden contents

ninoNINOninoNINOnionoi...!

Reveal hidden contents

NinoNINOninOnionoininianNiNo

Reveal hidden contents

Micaiah! This gauntlet also really needed Micaiah.

Nino is too much of a sweetheart competition and just wants everyone to do their best.

1 hour ago, Dolce said:

Make that 6.

Join us because...

• Leo and Oboro are from the same game (FATES REPRESENT?)
  • Leo is the only Cavalry type unit in the gauntlet (which automatically makes him good no it doesn't but I'll say it anyways)
  • We kicked Leo's butt in Team Ephraim and now are paying him back by joining him. If he hadn't been our opponent, we might not have had the flags needed to defeat Chrom in the most epic of battles from that gauntlet.
  • We have cookies?

As one who actually WAS on Team Leo, I call BS

J5xuzFg.jpg

Edited by Motendra

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

As one who actually WAS on Team Leo, I call BS

J5xuzFg.jpg

I like how the member title that goes with it ;)

24 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Hmmm compelling argument

Merric may be put back on the list #GreenHairFtw

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Congrats on your win, Tharja.

Well that was quick

49 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I agree though! I find her grumpiness weirdly charming lol. And she's actually kind of a sweetheart when you get right down to it, though she clearly doesn't want anyone to know that, heh. The thing about her being abusive is something that I think a lot of people misinterpret, though; it might look that way on the surface but really it's not all that people say it is. And the thing with Robin, yeah... Admittedly, it's probably the weakest part of her in terms of writing/character since it's never REALLY properly explained or justified, but it kiiiinda makes sense when you consider (v Awakening spoilers v)

Reveal hidden contents

that she probably knows Robin is the avatar of Grima and that that's likely the reason she stalks them and obsesses over them.

(my wife is fond of pointing out that Henry actually does something sort of similar in terms of treating Robin different than they treat other people; he's pretty flippant and casual with almost everyone else, though with Robin he's weirdly docile and compliant by comparison... >3> I think that's pretty telling personally, that both characters who are known to be PRIESTS of Grima treat you in a specific way that's different from the others. But unfortunately it's never really explored or expanded on, likely for reasons of preventing plot spoilers being in supports, but still.)

REGARDLESS. I understand the underdog thing, so root for whoever you want man xD And @ everyone, really. It's all in good fun. 

exactly 8). i definitely think she cares about Noire, but like that says, also definitely not mother of the year. people with good intentions can still be abusive. and there's the bit where Tharja became so enveloped in her research that she basically completely ignored Noire. though maybe Noire enjoyed some peace since it meant safety from being hexed lol i'll agree to disagree on that, but everyone has flaws and that makes characters more relatable. i'd be disappointed in her writing if she wasn't bad/mediocre at parenting anyway, because it seems more accurate. and oooh, i never even considered that about Robin, that would make a whole lot of sense, especially if Henry seems different with Robin as well. i never used Henry so i haven't seen his supports, rip.

i shall >) at least this gauntlet i won't be miffed about the predicted victor winning! 

@Ice Dragon Julia is pretty much proto-Sophia in her magical prowess and proto-Ninian in her mysterious past thing, also featuring amnesia.

Linde and Julia both used (or could use, who the hell prefers that to Nosferatu) Aura, but only in Julia's game it was so deliciously psychedelic.

Also, Linde hasn't a Satan for a brother, and Satan for a brother is awesome.

(tagging @Arcanite because relevant)

I think I'll side with Team Julia...she's contributed so much to my game experience, backing her up is the least I can do.

From a more gameplay standpoint...Tharja, Sanaki, Julia, Linde is a really strong Focus O.o .

Edited by LordFrigid

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I think I'll side with Team Julia...she's contributed so much to my game experience, backing her up is the least I can do.

From a more gameplay standpoint...Tharja, Sanaki, Julia, Linde is a really strong Focus O.o .

Argh so many good focuses perfectly timed after the Ike Hunt Orb massacre

Then there's still a Xander banner soon as well (which I guess won't have Ryoma now that he is in the special focus right now)

From a character standpoint, I'd join Team Leo but don't have him and I want bonus points haha

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

^ fixed the team name for ya friendo

Thank you, kind sir, for you have shown me the errors of my ways.

BTW, Does any1 know if we get any bonus if we have said units we're supporting?

That & why they decided to have 4 red tomes users?

Satan as a brother? You mean like the devil?

W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶a̶l̶o̶g̶y̶

@Vaximillian that doesn't really motivate me to join team Julia at all actually :/

Kind of makes me scared to be honest heh

Spoiler

Don't be mad at me please :(

Spoiler

I just thought you'd want me to be honest......

Anywho, I have a few days so people will have plenty of time to display their reasonings and whatnot lol

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

10% point boost when you go in battle having that hero chosen.

@Arcanite I just want you to play Genealogy. It's great.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Thank you, kind sir, for you have shown me the errors of my ways.

That & why they decided to have 4 red tomes users?

If you use the unit representing your team as the non-borrowed unit, you get a 10% boost in points.

So if I'm on a leading Team Leo and using him as my lead, I get 110 points instead of 100 before flags.

EDIT: These ninjas...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Likely not enough.

You can't just say that without any reasoning......

I think it'll definitely be enough. It's just a matter of when one spends their flags!

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Arcanite I just want you to play Genealogy. It's great.

Hmm

Maybe I will....

16 hours ago, pianime94 said:

It's funny how Leo is gonna be featured in a gauntlet for the 2nd time.

Who is Raigh.

Leo just couldn't lose!! He must keep fighting!!  That or someone at Intelligent Systems really wants him to win.

12 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know which team to go on guys :(

The underdog is gonna be on the guy's team for sure, but I don't really like anyone that much..........

Help

Never fret my dear Doppelgänger, I am here to answer your cry for help.  

Leo is our hero!!  He shall ride into battle fearlessly for he has experience in these gauntlets, something none of the rest have.  He shall be triumphant!  

LEO OUR HERO!!
LEO OUR HERO!!
LEO OUR HERO!!

Just now, Arcanite said:

You can't just say that without any reasoning......

I think it'll definitely be enough. It's just a matter of when one spends their flags!

Hmm

Maybe I will....

Just bear in mind that its infamous for its HUGE maps; literally Cavalry FE: the game

I say as I've never even gotten past CH1