Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new system for comebacks? Why not try not putting some bloody over popular characters in the gauntlet in the first place?

Well at least I will get a new chance to get my silver haired empress. And Linde.

3 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Darn. I Was actually gonna make cookies... Maybe I should make beef stew and pasta instead... 

I like beef stew a lot more than cookies XD Ox tail stew is the drugs though

1 hour ago, komasa said:

fyi We'll destroy everyone else with tomatoes.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o4q7pl57zc1v52h9ro1_1280.png

That seems

Interesting..............

Shoving tomatoes into people's faces seems a little...

violent?

Spoiler

Eh, whatever. Leo is still pretty epic

33 minutes ago, Sartek said:

Why not try not putting some bloody over popular characters in the gauntlet in the first place?

To be honest, I don't even know

Either way, underdogs for Laifu!

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Do we know match ups yet? I rather not fight Leo & creepy waifu Tharja in the first round.

Nothing has been posted on the Official Twitter, so nothing yet.

Admittedly (and y'all could probably guess by my forum avatar) I'll be backing Team Tharja.  She has been a fave for ages and I'm stoked to be able to be able to use my 5* Tharja for the event.  I'm also hoping to use mage battles as an excuse to dust off my art skills and do some Gauntlet-themed art pieces too...Might actually finally graduate from traditional art and get around to using my tablet. xD

(Salty tho because no Nino.)

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Well, randomly pulled a 4* Tharja while pulling on the Hero Fest banner so looks like I'm joining her team for the gauntlet.

Orb hoarding sell-out

That is quite the logical reason, even though the underdogs always have the higher feather count.

On the other hand, having the team unit makes ranking easier on ANY team so it very well could balance out.

Also, anybody want to see them pair Henry and Tharja together in the first round to see him get absolutely blown into the next season of (non-distinct favorite TV show to watch)?

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Orb hoarding sell-out

That is quite the logical reason, even though the underdogs always have the higher feather count.

On the other hand, having the team unit makes ranking easier on ANY team so it very well could balance out.

Also, anybody want to see them pair Henry and Tharja together in the first round to see him get absolutely blown into the next season of (non-distinct favorite TV show to watch)?

I also have Henry but he's 3* +HP/-Atk whereas Tharja is 4* +Spd/-HP.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I also have Henry but he's 3* +HP/-Atk whereas Tharja is 4* +Spd/-HP.

Yeah My Tharja isn't exactly the "OMG I'm gonna 5 star her and she's gonna be more broken than anything in this world" material. Forgot the boon, but she's -Spd soooooo........

Also, when I asked who I should support, NOT ONE single person said team henry. He's actually going to be Alfonse 0.05 (Because he'll do worse than Alfonse)

Edited by Arcanite

Yeah My Tharja isn't exactly the "OMG I'm gonna 5 star her and she's gonna be more broken than anything in this world" material. Forgot the boon, but she's -Spd soooooo........

Also, when I asked who I should support, NOT ONE single person said team henry. He's actually going to be Alfonse 0.05 (Because he'll do worse than Alfonse)

That's actually surprising since I was Cawsitive that he was #20 on the CYL poll and while we cannot always go by thoseRIP Chrom they are usually a decent indicator.  

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah Tharja isn't exactly the "OMG I'm gonna 5 star her and she's gonna be more broken than anything in this world" material. Forgot the boon, but she's -Spd soooooo........

Also, when I aksed who I should support, NOT ONE single person said team henry. He's actually going to be Alfonse 0.05 (Because he'll do worse than Alfonse)

Yeah, I'm saving my feathers for Xander once his GHB comes around.

I usually do OK running 4* units during gauntlet matches (Sharena and Cordelia in the previous ones), especially if I get good teammates (got lots of randoms while in team Cordelia whereas either a Hector or an Eldigan stuck around me while in team Camilla). I could join Henry as well but I'm gonna need some good team support for him -- -Atk doesn't look good on him.

Henry (3* +HP/-Atk) = 44 HP, 24 Atk (yes, that includes the Rauorraven), 19 Spd, 28 Def, 22 Res

Tharja (4* +Spd/-HP) = 33 HP, 39 Atk (includes Rauorblade), 35 Spd, 21 Def, 18 Res

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

-Atk doesn't look good on him.

He doesn't look good period

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

That's actually surprising since I was Cawsitive that he was #20 on the CYL poll and while we cannot always go by thoseRIP Chrom they are usually a decent indicator.  

20 isn't gonna be worth too much when you're paired against 3 waifus, Marth's best friend, your own avatar, Greatest Ever Leo, and That one girl who really wants to be your friend in school for whatever reason Tharja.

I wasn't around for the choose your legends thing anyway so I don't know or remember any of the rankings. Either way, Henry is getting sent into eternal oblivion and its gonna be flipping hilarious to watch

*grabs popcorn*

20 isn't gonna be worth too much when you're paired against 3 waifus, Marth's best friend, your own avatar, Greatest Ever Leo, and That one girl who really wants to be your friend in school for whatever reason Tharja.

I wasn't around for the choose your legends thing anyway so I don't know or remember any of the rankings. Either way, Henry is getting sent into eternal oblivion and its gonna be flipping hilarious to watch

*grabs popcorn*

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1 

There are the results if you want to look.  The top players seem to be Tharja who was 4th, Robin 16th, Leo 19th, and Henry 20th, but that's just a rough bit.  I WILL STILL NOT GIVE UP EVEN IF IT LOOKS GRIM FOR LORD LEO WE SHALL FIGHT ON!!!

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

*grabs popcorn*

24 Atk at lv. 40 3* and while wielding the Rauorraven tome is beyond terrible for him - makes Felicia (28 neutral Atk at lv. 40 4* and w/ Silver dagger) and Lissa (34 Atk at lv. 40 4* +Atk with Gravity staff) look much more impressive!

And yeah, the poll doesn't mean too much but is a strong indicator -- Chrom scored higher than Ephraim did on the poll but Ephraim defeated Chrom during the gauntlet (though it was very close). Plus, with all of the comeback situations that could take place, it's possible for those in team (insert waifu mage here) to get the triple points.

Edited by Roflolxp54

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Has anyone been supporting Merric? He just seems kind of...there.

Is there any indicator they're sticking with the way they did the gauntlet last time (randomly pitting both sides against each other at the start), or if they're going back to the first gauntlet style (actually pitting the sides against their own and then having the final victors of each go against each other in a way that makes sense)?

Honestly, I think Merric will get the "honor" of being this gauntlet's Alfonse. He not only is a relatively rare pull but he also doesn't have the advantage of being particularly good in this game like the other rare mages, especially compared to his female counterpart Linde. As far as Henry is concerned, players are both more likely to have him compared to Merric but also be more familiar with Henry compared to Merric due to the former being an Awakening character. I just have a hard time seeing Merric get more support than Henry (or anyone else in the gauntlet for that matter) but with Tharja and Robin involved, the Awakening fandom is split three ways so who knows.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is there any indicator they're sticking with the way they did the gauntlet last time (randomly pitting both sides against each other at the start), or if they're going back to the first gauntlet style (actually pitting the sides against their own and then having the final victors of each go against each other in a way that makes sense)?

If the initial picture is anything to go by, it will be like the first one, but I think the last one's picture was arranged that way so who knows.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Has anyone been supporting Merric? He just seems kind of...there.

I know one person is for sure. That's @Astellius.

Also, Astellius, I have realized that you and me may not be on the same team on this one :( Our memories from team Minerva will not be forgotten, no matter what team I end up on

I'll never forget you.....

19 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I WILL STILL NOT GIVE UP EVEN IF IT LOOKS GRIM FOR LORD LEO WE SHALL FIGHT ON!!!

19th doesn't seem too good, but just by the amount of support he has on this forum I'd say he stands a good chance on this one Henry is gonna get annihilated

But Robin did better so we'll see what's gonna happen......

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

If the initial picture is anything to go by, it will be like the first one, but I think the last one's picture was arranged that way so who knows.

I really hope so since last gauntlet made no sense at all. How can it be wyverns vs pegasi when the last battle is two wyverns?! 

I know it helped Subaki, at least, but I'd've still preferred it the proper way. I'm hoping this one will be, otherwise I can see it becoming girls vs girls since they tend to do better with this fandom (not always, but usually) -.- 

M!Robin might tip things, since he's the avatar, but people tend to prefer their own customised avatar to the more generic one, I reckon. 

Time for today's new cheer and song!!  Brought to you by the Fabulous Prince Leo, so anyone uncertain of who to vote for should vote for him. :D::D:

Who is this prince with the buttercup hair
Who comes from the kingdom of gloom and despair
With hair long and flowing and smarts ever showing
Whose infinite journeys are legends and lore
Its our dear Leo, Second prince of Nohr

If you know him or at least go and try
Deep down he is really a considerate guy
The waifus of evil that lurk in the night
Will cower in fear when our hero prince fights!!!!

Weaving magic like a born spell-caster
And bringing havoc like a natural disaster
He rocks his Bryn-hil-der and tome ligh-ten-ing!!!
He's heir to the crown, so side with the kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

2017-03-08-04-27-27-Fire-Emblem-Heroes-P

Vote for Leo 2017!!!