Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Ralphophoulous said:

Much appreciated. I'm technologically challenged. 

#Hetzel>Sanaki

#atleastourempresscanleadanempire

I'd rather see them go back to the old ruleset for the next gauntlets actually, since every match being a yoyo match is a bit much. If these gauntlets go on for long enough, there will be close matches once in a while anyway and those would be a lot more enoyable then. Besides, seeing matches like Lyn vs Lucina get decided by mechanics feels pretty stupid.

That said, I do agree with @Ice Dragon that as long as every person on a team uses all their flags while they have the multiplier, the biggest team will still win if the difference isn't to small. It artificially creates exitement, but doesn't change the fact that the larger team will win. Once people get more used to it, the exitement will probably settle down as well. It might screw up closer matches though, because those will stay at equal for a while, not giving as many opportunities to use flags under a multiplier.

Well, we'll just see how things turn out.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

This is why you should run a Lv 1 Robin. Then your Lv 40 friend can just sweep the whole map with ease.

Joined team Henry becaws of the same reason^

>Level one Henry

>Level 40 Jeorge

#Winning

GO TEAM MERRICCCCC!

10 hours ago, Tarilaan said:

In the end, I couldn't help but pick Merric. Especially since he's not facing Leo right away. I'll definitely throw my support behind Leo when if Merric falls, but for now, I stand by our wind mage. :^_^:

Incidentally, my friend ID is 7908155030 if anybody wants to add me - just let me know so I don't disregard the request as a random invite.

9 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

I'll be supporting Merric. Since Merric is likely to lose against Robin, he will be the next mage I support (this was planned before we knew the matchups)

My FC is 8438079743, and my team leader is Reinhardt (no DB sadly)

1 hour ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Any Merric supporters here? I need one on my friends list bad... and looks like somehow none of mine are. >.<

Heroes ErrantShepherd FC “Errant”: 8613335438
Gonna just toss this out there... Cuz why not?

Currently Zephiel as lead, but can Change that to Nino, Eirika, Ninian, Sharena, Kagero... whoever.

Sent requests, I have Reinhardt as my lead right now!

5 hours ago, r4v1sh said:

I'm only getting Merric's in #teamMerric. Both from my friends list and from strangers (and myself).
...when the first Red enemy appear it will be a nightmare

I had Azura as my lead, but I switched it to Reinhardt for the moment.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Going back on topic, I agree, IS doesn't seem to know how to make a good gauntlet.

This!

2 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

I hate being at school and not playing every second of the day ugggggh

School is for the weak, play Heroes instead.

2 hours ago, komasa said:

NOW KISS!!!

Do it!

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

sorry, Sanaki. Not lucky enough to score a Julia, and I don't really want to spend my orbs  to get her since I already have a good green mage and mages don't give enough score to be viable for getting high score in the arena.

Haha, regardless I think your strategy is good. We'll see who ends up winning this one though. 

I actually randomly rolled her without knowing how powerful she is, only found out later on. And my Julia is actually one of the characters I always take to Arena. I am #1622 in tier 13 currently. She has bowbreaker so she takes out Takumi for me and all other Blue characters easily. 

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I disagree. How else are people supposed to learn good crow puns? 

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Literally what I'm doing today

Just now, Astellius said:

By reading this forum, ofc.

You can read the forum and cawpy off of others, but school makes you smart. Smarts makes you clever. And clever helps you make really good puns as ocrowsed to mid-tier jokes.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Into Sharena and Oboro making out, are you?

Um

Okay then

1 hour ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Any Merric supporters here? I need one on my friends list bad... and looks like somehow none of mine are. >.<

Heroes ErrantShepherd FC “Errant”: 8613335438
Gonna just toss this out there... Cuz why not?

Currently Zephiel as lead, but can Change that to Nino, Eirika, Ninian, Sharena, Kagero... whoever.

Was about to add you, and then I noticed we're already friends ;):  Lets keep on fighting the white-haired horde!

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I had Azura as my lead, but I switched it to Reinhardt for the moment.

Both are amazing. Things have stabilized here, I managed to add a bunch of Reinhardts and a Kagero.
I'm currently running Vantage!Nowi because I tought there were too many Azuras around already, but holler if any of you are missing reds (theres Zeph, Ike and Lyn here on reserve because they're bad at "robin defense")

1 minute ago, escotanner said:

Okay I chose Merric. Let's go my fellow Merric followers.

Come join us brother! Wind mages unite!

8 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Haha, regardless I think your strategy is good. We'll see who ends up winning this one though. 

I actually randomly rolled her without knowing how powerful she is, only found out later on. And my Julia is actually one of the characters I always take to Arena. I am #1622 in tier 13 currently. She has bowbreaker so she takes out Takumi for me and all other Blue characters easily. 

Yeah, I apparently only have 1 friend in this gauntlet, and I've gotten their Julia every battle. She's a traitor! I like using her, but unfortunately, I like scoring 4800+ in the arena more. I got Sanaki when I was only pulling red for Ike. Ended up with three 5* and none of them were Ike...

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

I will laugh so hard if Linde manages to beat Tharja.

Pretty sure numbers-wise, Team Tharja has a massive advantage, but if luck is on our side...

If all of the team Linde players save 200 flags for the final hour they have a shot...

8 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Appears my only Team Julia friend is a Chrom. Anybody have a colorless ally as their lead that I can add as a friend in Team Julia???? 

I have Azura if u want to use her. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If all of the team Linde players save 200 flags for the final hour they have a shot...

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Got a bit impatient and used some. But now I'm storing some. We need to let Tharja win for a bit and then go for the kill at the last second.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

How many times do I have to correct your oversimplification of the situation?

Both of the following must also be true for this to work:

1. Tharja's team must be no more than 3× larger than Linde's team.
  2. Tharja's team must remain in the lead for (most of) the remainder of the voting gauntlet to prevent her supporters from receiving the 3× bonus.

Assuming Tharja's team is noticeably larger than Linde's and as long as Tharja's team waits for the 3× bonus to spend flags, they don't have a shot of losing even if Linde's team saves flags for the end. Flags are a limited resource and the larger team has more flags regardless of when they are used.

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

I have Azura if u want to use her. 

Better than a constant chrom. 1916230390 is my ID. Azura is my lead also, but I'm using Julia for all my battles. 

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

2. Tharja's team must remain in the lead for (most of) the remainder of the voting gauntlet to prevent her supporters from receiving the 3× bonus.

Assuming Tharja's team is noticeably larger than Linde's and as long as Tharja's team waits for the 3× bonus to spend flags, they don't have a shot of losing even if Linde's team saves flags for the end. Flags are a limited resource and the larger team has more flags regardless of when they are used.

I forgot the very first score, but I *think* Tharja was winning 2:1 so I assume she has double the fans. No idea about how the scores have been fluctuating since I was gone for most of the day. Linde is doing OK though.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

I forgot the very first score, but I *think* Tharja was winning 2:1 so I assume she has double the fans. No idea about how the scores have been fluctuating since I was gone for most of the day. Linde is doing OK though.

It is worth noting that for me the first score update was around 9 GMT (I think) and I'm pretty sure Americans are behind by 7-9 hours, or something like that, so many must have been sleeping. Basically, the first scores can't really represent an accurate ratio, because of all the different time zones.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I realize all of this. But if the smaller team never lets the larger team get the 3x bonus then people on the larger team won't use their flags, and potentially opt to save them for the next round. In this scenario, the potential for an upset could occur regardless if the team is more than 3x larger or not. 

And with the ability to save flags, for the final round, it is possible for the smaller team to have more flags saved up than the larger team, allowing for more use of the 3x bonus. And with strategic use of their flags they can get the win.

I realize that this will most likely never occur, especially for cases like the previous two gauntlets, but it remains a possibility nevertheless.

And I don't think any of the match-ups are close to a 3:1 ratio yet.