Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Looking at m!Robin vs Merric, it seems like the "loser bonus" is keeping them much closer in score than they'd be otherwise, but while m!Robin's lead tends to stay around a million points rather than growing, it seems to indicate a consistent enough advantage in supporters that looks likely to ensure a victory, no matter how close the points are.

I think the point is so that the ones from behind can keep up. Imagine this, without this "loser bonus", Robin would be way ahead of Merric. This bonus actually keeps Merric in. Actually, in the beginning, Merric actually overtook Robin for a moment. But then the time goes on and the score continues to widen. In other words, the real sign of how many people support Robin starts to show itself. 

Wonder how this'll be for the later ones.

I know that this bonus is intended to give a more decent chance for the cases of how Lucina and Camilla slaughtered everyone in the last gauntlets.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Nooooo.... Please! I beg of you!

Hide contents

Screw it. I choose to sacrifice Robin

WE ARE NOT AMUSE BY YOUR IRONIC STATEMENT!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

How's my Ike serving for my fellow wind mages? We can do it, we can conquer the Robin, losing is for the birds!

We Avatars prefer "Fell Dragon" but if you insist then, by all means, call us birds. After all, your Aether will be blotted out soon enough. >:) 

& We totally have Time-Traveling Waifus' & Prince Husbandos' to use Aethers either.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Julia needs to be considered winning again so that Sanaki can get the 3x multiplier.

Not sure if this underhanded exploitation or new form strategy.

Hmmm  :-_-:

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Julia needs to be considered winning again so that Sanaki can get the 3x multiplier.

I'd prefer if this states holds out till the hour of the round where we could burn 200 flags and assure we can profit from the x3 without giving the other side the chance to use it.

I haven't encountered your Ike yet, but @Rosetta's bunny Lucina has been putting in a ton of work, as I've been seeing a surprising amount of red enemies, considering Robin is blue. I kind of regret not pulling for her now.

Hopefully my Ninian has been of some use. As much as she's only 36, I figure a blue dancing dragon could be handy. I can always switch to my Reinhardt or lv37 Azura if need be.

Sadly, I don't think Merric is actually gonna pull this off. We've been getting the bonus every other hour, and it's not even enough to reverse the lead anymore. Still giving it my all though - only 105 flags left for this round, all used on multiplier hours.

Edited by Tarilaan

35 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think the point is so that the ones from behind can keep up. Imagine this, without this "loser bonus", Robin would be way ahead of Merric. This bonus actually keeps Merric in. Actually, in the beginning, Merric actually overtook Robin for a moment. But then the time goes on and the score continues to widen. In other words, the real sign of how many people support Robin starts to show itself. 

Wonder how this'll be for the later ones.

I know that this bonus is intended to give a more decent chance for the cases of how Lucina and Camilla slaughtered everyone in the last gauntlets.

I think team Merric may have burned too many flags too so they're starting to fall by the wayside bit by bit.

26 minutes ago, Astellius said:

How's my Ike serving for my fellow wind mages? We can do it, we can conquer the Robin, losing is for the birds!

Robin actually deals with Ike fairly nicely (especially that Ike I fought that replaced heavy blade for reasons).

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

We Avatars prefer "Fell Dragon" but if you insist then, by all means, call us birds. After all, your Aether will be blotted out soon enough. >:) 

& We totally have Time-Traveling Waifus' & Prince Husbandos' to use Aethers either.

Not sure if this underhanded exploitation or new form strategy.

Hmmm  :-_-:

You do realize that this gauntlet is for male Robin only, right?

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You do realize that this gauntlet is for male Robin only, right?

Oh, he's a male alright. He just has more than 1 option. He's the avatar after all.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May or may not be confusing him with Corn

I'm pretty happy with this gauntlet, it's been pretty even so far. I thought Tharja would be destroying Linde even with the losing bonus, too early to assume anything though. Things might change in a bit when teams start running out of flags.

For some reason, the RNG insists on giving me teams full of red units against teams of blues.

WSTtQs1q4K1_RsE27WFSFZqSmAGi4eS0KvCgGYOEeNMn65UjjPfTxKEATbS0VAGzsLHFwF89qY0Mtk1XNQkixgsZqAHaFvtDpytXeINZYCnqwVOEsETJ6u19hDcIsqkwnrykUYcu_SIKQs9TaisJIgfkHubhD3_bjVE7ZwWTMvSUXgCVNx7PKQQ-oTB619Ev1ZwtqppO5dryEGlHEP_BHqW1m9bZlEnpstKNZU29KPXpd1au2GEhEZUPczuCKpgNTlhpyJ8Qbnh2O2IcXWJbtUnVCyt-2r2i7viYMo9Ie2cTC1tT-TCDPJJV0BITFLB1cmLRGBc1oTR_h6oI1dl5gUtuiNEFBud_R43mkokgJputMfjkS0NtCtooRoe5SZVhZBAJUVR9KoMFhgvUguOoldGzpufNqkU3BWW5TJjVg1fOOZTek9I2mZA_Hjsj62A3r_qj1Rtaipgyd2YfURG7kZPGZhZy-8v5YCnjT1WoYLjtLXUGsInpQ11ApSe6ppkC0fe1vaXfeF6c7PyBKEOq5ivE7gVkHEevVm4YhQQ4xeSMt0DqAm1PVfLUntY8FzKQLQawrfSvUDvYHX-nTHyIY161ayt2RkceZPHmjdwphkBaLp4nbbM8=w518-h919-no

I sometime manage by the skin of my teeth but Azura and Robin pretty much cleaned up without taking any damage. I'm this close to using Hector instead of Sanaki if the game keeps insisting on pairing me with 2 other reds.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

For some reason, the RNG insists on giving me teams full of red units against teams of blues.

WSTtQs1q4K1_RsE27WFSFZqSmAGi4eS0KvCgGYOEeNMn65UjjPfTxKEATbS0VAGzsLHFwF89qY0Mtk1XNQkixgsZqAHaFvtDpytXeINZYCnqwVOEsETJ6u19hDcIsqkwnrykUYcu_SIKQs9TaisJIgfkHubhD3_bjVE7ZwWTMvSUXgCVNx7PKQQ-oTB619Ev1ZwtqppO5dryEGlHEP_BHqW1m9bZlEnpstKNZU29KPXpd1au2GEhEZUPczuCKpgNTlhpyJ8Qbnh2O2IcXWJbtUnVCyt-2r2i7viYMo9Ie2cTC1tT-TCDPJJV0BITFLB1cmLRGBc1oTR_h6oI1dl5gUtuiNEFBud_R43mkokgJputMfjkS0NtCtooRoe5SZVhZBAJUVR9KoMFhgvUguOoldGzpufNqkU3BWW5TJjVg1fOOZTek9I2mZA_Hjsj62A3r_qj1Rtaipgyd2YfURG7kZPGZhZy-8v5YCnjT1WoYLjtLXUGsInpQ11ApSe6ppkC0fe1vaXfeF6c7PyBKEOq5ivE7gVkHEevVm4YhQQ4xeSMt0DqAm1PVfLUntY8FzKQLQawrfSvUDvYHX-nTHyIY161ayt2RkceZPHmjdwphkBaLp4nbbM8=w518-h919-no

I sometime manage by the skin of my teeth but Azura and Robin pretty much cleaned up without taking any damage. I'm this close to using Hector instead of Sanaki if the game keeps insisting on pairing me with 2 other reds.

If you had a certain Green Mage, she could mop up all of these enemies quite quickly...

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you had a certain Green Mage, she could mop up all of these enemies quite quickly...

I have this unit that I could also use to deal with blues. But by green mage, did you mean this green mage? Or  were you rather thinking of this green mage? >w>
If Sanaki ends up losing I'm ready to support Julia. Though I still don't know which B passive to give her.

@wizzard of soz O_O Sorry about that.  My bad...  Prefer 5* buff color unit you want?  Greens I got Triangle adept Robin F, Drawback Cherche with a hammer+, Spring Camilla with Moonbow and spur defense 2,  Reds Lucina with moonbow, vantage 3, and Fury1, Ike with Swap, or Colorless Takumi with Vantage and swap

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I have this unit that I could also use to deal with blues. But by green mage, did you mean this green mage? Or  were you rather thinking of this green mage? >w>
If Sanaki ends up losing I'm ready to support Julia. Though I still don't know which B passive to give her.

I gave my Julia Death Blow instead, since she's +Atk. I think it works alright.

I think either G Tomebreaker or Bowbreaker is good. G Tomebreaker Julia is pretty much my only Nino counter. Bowbreaker was for before I got Reinhardt, but it still gets the job done if you need it. I find B Tomebreaker to be overkill most of the time. If you don't have any of the above problems, just QR I guess, but that's boring.

Some places suggest Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice, but meh.

@Astellius Yes, the Queen of Grannvale has many reliable subordinates who can do her job for her.

This may be the first that I've ever been able to save up feathers. I'm impressed with myself, tbh.

Henry seems to have bounced back though. With this multiplier its just about anyone's game, huh?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I gave my Julia Death Blow instead, since she's +Atk. I think it works alright.

I think either G Tomebreaker or Bowbreaker is good. G Tomebreaker Julia is pretty much my only Nino counter. Bowbreaker was for before I got Reinhardt, but it still gets the job done if you need it. I find B Tomebreaker to be overkill most of the time. If you don't have any of the above problems, just QR I guess, but that's boring.

Some places suggest Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice, but meh.

@Astellius Yes, the Queen of Grannvale has many reliable subordinates who can do her job for her.

Mine is +Atk as well, but I wanted Fury to help mitigates her res bane. Doesn't help that I have no Death Blow 3 fodder (and if I did, Cherche is at the top of the list to inherit it). I might end up giving her both Renewal and G tomebreaker. G tomebreaker is useful if she's my only answer, to green mages but if I'm running Sanaki with her, having Renewal to mitigate Fury's recoil will probably be best. Probably will replace Breath of Life with a Hone/Fortify skill as well. 

Just now, LuxSpes said:

Mine is +Atk as well, but I wanted Fury to help mitigates her res bane. Doesn't help that I have no Death Blow 3 fodder (and if I did, Cherche is at the top of the list to inherit it). I might end up giving her both Renewal and G tomebreaker. G tomebreaker is useful if she's my only answer, to green mages but if I'm running Sanaki with her, having Renewal to mitigate Fury's recoil will probably be best. Probably will replace Breath of Life with a Hone/Fortify skill as well. 

I sacrificed a 5* Ursula for DB3 lel. I also gave her Threaten Res from a spare Nowi.

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

This may be the first that I've ever been able to save up feathers. I'm impressed with myself, tbh.

Henry seems to have bounced back though. With this multiplier its just about anyone's game, huh?

If we ever get the bonus on Leo, I'm ready.  I've only used 5 Flags so far.  I have a feeling we have better Flag reserves.

11 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Ha we have the same Julia. I have mine with Naga, Swap, Moonbow, Fury 3, Quick Reposte 2, and Breath of Life 3 right now, but I want to replace the last one with something else. Not sure what yet though.