Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, tumut said:

So its doubtful Linde can beat Tharja, doesn't look like she can fall behind enough to get the multiplier at this point

She will get one more multiplier. But that wont change a thing.

Just btw. IS should make the battles themselves more challenging and the number of votes cast should depend on how many units survive

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

She will get one more multiplier. But that wont change a thing.

Just btw. IS should make the battles themselves more challenging and the number of votes cast should depend on how many units survive

IS doesn't really have control over how hard the battles are since it's all RNG and player modified units.

Like I got that one fight where it was my Leo, @Motendra's Michalis, and some random dude's Xander, against a Spring Lucina, a Reinhardt, and an Olwen, and I basically stood no chance, IS had no control over that, it was just the hand the RNG dealt me.  Same goes the other way, my last fight basically let me use @Rezzy's Ursula, my Leo, and a Cav Emblem optimized Cecilia vs a Caeda, Reinhardt, and Azura, and the foe stood no chance that time.

4 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

First u need to survive. What are the odds right now?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julia: 2,167.8 million
Sanaki: 2,029.3 million

138.5 million difference, or 6,8%.

At the rate it has been going, It is going to be close as to whether or not we get that 3x before the end or not.

As long as we get it, we should win. I expect team Julia to sit on their flags and take the loss instead of spending them without the 3x bonus.

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

At the rate it has been going, It is going to be close as to whether or not we get that 3x before the end or not.

As long as we get it, we should win. I expect team Julia to sit on their flags and take the loss instead of spending them without the 3x bonus.

I wonder if Team Julia really has that many flags left. It wouldn't surprise if some people unaware of the x3 used their flags to raise their in-team rank. I may be wrong on this one, but as far as I'm aware the team ahead isn't shown the x3 bonus the opposing team has meaning that some people on team Julia could very well not be aware that the x3 multiplier is a thing.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I wonder if Team Julia really has that many flags left. It wouldn't surprise if some people unaware of the x3 used their flags to raise their in-team rank. I may be wrong on this one, but as far as I'm aware the team ahead isn't shown the x3 bonus the opposing team has meaning that some people on team Julia could very well not be aware that the x3 multiplier is a thing.

Maybe, but they're probably cancelled out by those on the other team not knowing to only use their flags when they have the x3 bonus.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but they're probably cancelled out by those on the other team not knowing to only use their flags when they have the x3 bonus.

But Sanaki had more opportunity to use the x3 bonus which means the chances that people became aware of them are higher.

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So how much weaker do you think Robin is in comparison against Tharja. The scores are much higher with Tharja, but Robin's foe is also probably weaker requiring less flags to keep him ahead.

It's hard to say. I'm pretty sure Robin has had such a comfortable lead that they have been in the lead the entire time without ever having the 3x bonus. Whereas Team Tharja has actually gotten it a few times I believe.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

But Sanaki had more opportunity to use the x3 bonus which means the chances that people became aware of them are higher.

The notification for the gauntlet explains the 3x bonus so I would assume that the majority of players know about it. Team Julia just hasn't had enough opportunities with it so their only two options are to not use their flags or use them without the bonus. I suspect that many of them are hording them until the get the bonus.

I'm in the top 1000 of Team Sanaki with 660 Flags left. Top 5 are over 500K and 50th is 431K

Where is everyone else at within their teams and how many flags have you saved? And how high of a score are your top players?

We might be able to get a better idea of how things stack up as far as potential finals match-ups go, and remaining flags.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

I'm in the top 1000 of Team Sanaki with 660 Flags left. Top 5 are over 500K and 50th is 431K

Where is everyone else at within their teams and how many flags have you saved? And how high of a score are your top players?

214,700 points, rank 408 in Team Julia. Total rank 16,802. 400 flags left.
Rank 1 is 328,640, rank 5 is 312,400, and rank 50 is 269,470.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's hard to say. I'm pretty sure Robin has had such a comfortable lead that they have been in the lead the entire time without ever having the 3x bonus. Whereas Team Tharja has actually gotten it a few times I believe.

I think I read that Robin was at a disadvantage (weaker; he was lower a few times while it was same) once. How many times has Tharja been on the weaker end.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Wow, it looks like you guys have spent a bunch of flags without the bonus. I have a score of 272,470 and I have 660 flags left.

So I have a higher score and more flags remaining but i'm lower in my team than you are. And our leaders have way higher score than your leaders.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Wow, it looks like you guys have spent a bunch of flags without the bonus. I have a score of 272,470 and I have 660 flags left.

So I have a higher score and more flags remaining but i'm lower in my team than you are. And our leaders have way higher score than your leaders.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I did because I wasn't savvy enough.

49 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

IS doesn't really have control over how hard the battles are since it's all RNG and player modified units.

Like I got that one fight where it was my Leo, @Motendra's Michalis, and some random dude's Xander, against a Spring Lucina, a Reinhardt, and an Olwen, and I basically stood no chance, IS had no control over that, it was just the hand the RNG dealt me.  Same goes the other way, my last fight basically let me use @Rezzy's Ursula, my Leo, and a Cav Emblem optimized Cecilia vs a Caeda, Reinhardt, and Azura, and the foe stood no chance that time.

You could be right on the rng. But the outcome of a match is up to the gamer. Its a difference if u win with the last man standing or the whole team. The former should count as 33% of votes.

It would also have a strategic component. Lets say its 3x multiplier and u just won with one team member alive. R u gonna cast 200 flags for 6666 votes instead of 20000? ☺

Edited by Jedrus Lilac

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wanna guess what's the score of Merric's team Rank 1? It's an unbeliveable 509.520.
And it's a +10 Merric with a gigantic skill list, no less. Whales are scary.

(edit: oops, was supposed to quote Hawk King)

Edited by r4v1sh

1 minute ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

You could be right on the rng. But the outcome of a match is up to the gamer. Its a difference if u win with the last man standing or the whole team. The former should count as 33% of votes. 

If you can think of a way that two reds and a green with shit res and speed could have won against both the Dire Thunder siblings and a Spring Lucina, I would love to hear it.

J0NIJKb.png

Either way, the point is there's no way IS can specifically set up so that the enemy composition in Voting gauntlet fights is consistently difficult, but doable.  There's a lot of variables, ie how well unit A works together with Unit B, how to determine that coding wise, who has what units on their friend list, accounting for the fact they have at most two units of coverage, since the third is randomized, etc.

8 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Wanna guess what's the score of Merric's team Rank 1? It's an unbeliveable 509.520.
And it's a +10 Merric with a gigantic skill list, no less. Whales are scary.

Where are you? What is the top 50th at?

6th on Team Sanaki has a +7 Arthur with Distant Counter among a ton of other skills. Our top 6 are all over 500K. #1 is at 502,470.

I would really like to see from Robin and Tharja's teams.

Edited by Hawk King

Just now, Hawk King said:

6th on Team Sanaki has a +7 Arthur with Distant Counter among a ton of other skills. Our top 6 are all over 500K. #1 is at 502,470.

Our whole top 50 is over 505.390. Tis here's a sad place to rank big.
I've decided to save my flags to better support Leo on the second round (I'm not giving up, Robin!!), so I've only spent 400 of them. I'm currently at 140,470 score, ranking 6,643. Merric's certainly not getting anywhere anymore. His supporters are spent.

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So how much weaker do you think Robin is in comparison against Tharja. The scores are much higher with Tharja, but Robin's foe is also probably weaker requiring less flags to keep him ahead.

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The notification for the gauntlet explains the 3x bonus so I would assume that the majority of players know about it. Team Julia just hasn't had enough opportunities with it so their only two options are to not use their flags or use them without the bonus. I suspect that many of them are hording them until the get the bonus.

Both Tharja and Robin received the multiplier early on in the gauntlet, but neither got it after the gauntlet really took off. In terms of hourly gains, Tharja gains about 140-180 million votes, while Robin only gets about 60-95 million. So Tharja has roughly something like twice the support Robin has.

The Sanaki v. Julia matchup activates the multiplier the least. Merric gets the multiplier the most often, then Henry, and then Linde.

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I would really like to see from Robin and Tharja's teams.

The top Robin member is a Male Robin (just level 40 5*) with about 260K.

26 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

We might be able to get a better idea of how things stack up as far as potential finals match-ups go, and remaining flags.

Decided to not spend flags yesterday and haven't gotten the multipllier today, so I have a pitiful score of 5,700. This currently ranks me around 28k. If we get the multiplier again, I'm gonna spend some flags (1300 feathers is a really poor harvest), but I'm not sure whether I will if we don't get that multiplier around midnight in my timezone...

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Both Tharja and Robin received the multiplier early on in the gauntlet, but neither got it after the gauntlet really took off. In terms of hourly gains, Tharja gains about 140-180 million votes, while Robin only gets about 60-95 million. So Tharja has roughly something like twice the support Robin has.

The Sanaki v. Julia matchup activates the multiplier the least. Merric gets the multiplier the most often, then Henry, and then Linde.

So, we're still hopeless, eh?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Decided to not spend flags yesterday and haven't gotten the multipllier today, so I have a pitiful score of 5,700. This currently ranks me around 28k. If we get the multiplier again, I'm gonna spend some flags (1300 feathers is a really poor harvest), but I'm not sure whether I will if we don't get that multiplier around midnight in my timezone...

I've only used 5 Flags during the brief period Leo had the x3 bonus yesterday morning.  I haven't seen the bonus since then.  Henry has had it several times, but he keeps getting smashed down.  Hopefully team Henry has run out of flags by now, this rubberbanding is more annoying than Mario Kart.  My score is 3840, and rank is 30313 in team Leo.  If it's still close towards the end, I might blow a few flags, otherwise, I'll probably just save them.