Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, team Julia went all in. I was not expecting that big a jump. Now time to see how many of team Tharja are awake. 

5 minutes ago, Namarid said:

2851344183 hector welcomes you to Team Leo

Edit: 590 mil Leo to 315 mil Robin(weak)

It seems to be a Soren, but accepted none the less.

3 minutes ago, komasa said:

It was an honour to fight with you and Reinhardt. Until we meet again as allies or enemies!

@Bartozio Requested :) 

Accepted.

With these new and powerfull allies, we will surely prevail. For lord Leo, for Nohr.

I really want Julia to win but I am confused on how should I spend my flags.

Case in point: If I spend my flags during the 3x bonus, a lot of others will also do it and that'll put Tharja into 3x spot too later. Rinse and repeat. The scariest part is when we have reached billion points. At that point, the gap would be too big to trigger the 3x state and will probably stay in stalemate. It'd be Linde 2.0 I tell you.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

×3 multiplier, ladies and gentlemen.

I just realized that Team Julia gained over 1 billion points in the past hour, which would have been more than 350 million points without the bonus... which is more points than Tharja's team has yet gained in a single hour (290 and 270 million).

Tharja 564,881,564

Julia 1,191,030,379

We are coming for you, Naga's wretches. We will have our VENGEANCE, so tremble in fear as we come to devour your holy empress.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized that Team Julia gained over 1 billion points in the past hour, which would have been more than 350 million points without the bonus... which is more points than Tharja's team has yet gained in a single hour (290 and 270 million).

So you mean Julia has chances?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oooh... Hopefully that's not just a coincidence.

Welp since Linde sadly lost to Tharja, I'll join Julia. Again against Tharja welp.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I mean it didn't look too bad for Linde at first either.

3 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I really want Julia to win but I am confused on how should I spend my flags.

Case in point: If I spend my flags during the 3x bonus, a lot of others will also do it and that'll put Tharja into 3x spot too later. Rinse and repeat. The scariest part is when we have reached billion points. At that point, the gap would be too big to trigger the 3x state and will probably stay in stalemate. It'd be Linde 2.0 I tell you.

By the end, the point differential will probably be high enough that it can't be surmounted in a single hour anyways. Unless this does happen to be a truly close match, spending feathers early or spending feathers late won't matter too much.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Either that or Team Tharja's holding back, which is actually rather likely.

1 minute ago, Dengres said:

Welp since Linde sadly lost to Tharja, I'll join Julia. Again against Tharja welp.

I mean it didn't look too bad for Linde at first either.

I'm actually curious of how many Linde supporters joined hands with Julia just to stomp Tharja.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

By the end, the point differential will probably be high enough that it can't be surmounted in a single hour anyways. Unless this does happen to be a truly close match, spending feathers early or spending feathers late won't matter too much.

Either that or Team Tharja's holding back, which is actually rather likely.

Has “flags = feathers” already become a meme by this point?

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the next hours.

1 minute ago, Jeheza said:

I'm actually curious of how many Linde supporters joined hands with Julia just to stomp Tharja.

If not for Linde Julia would have been my first choice so yeah beating Tharja is secondary. Although if we were to beat Tharja I wouldn't complain one bit.

2 hours ago, Ottokar said:

My dear followers of the way of Empress Julia, be careful! As President Bush once said,

"If we don't succeed,

we run the risk of failure."

Long live the Empress!

There is no way in hell he ever said that. Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

1 hour ago, Faye said:

Aw, Henry lost... I hope Leo can beat Robin, I've always hated the default look of both Robins. :V Petty, I know...

Hey, at least your honest about it. Props for that man.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

@Taxon @wizzard of soz Respectfully, I disagreeeeeee ~3~

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously though I think most people totally mischaracterize Tharja; IMO the Nowi support isn't out of character for her at all as a lot of people say it is, to me it's the clearest indicator of what she's really like. She's introverted and misanthropic to an extreme degree (thinking of stuff with Stahl, where she distrusts the notion that people could feel genuinely positive things about her given her demeanor and profession), no doubt, and she has a certain amount of pride in herself and her capabilities that make her somewhat dangerous, but if you look at a lot of her other supports, her willingness to help is evident if you're willing to see it-- she mind-controls Virion to help out the army by cleaning up, making food, building infrastructure, and other beneficial shit; she bosses Donnel around, but with the ulterior motive of getting him to stand up for himself and not simply do as he's told all the time (both of which, along with her join convo, characterize her as rebellious to authority-- another thing I kinda like about her lol-- if you read between the lines and think about how satisfying it must be to watch a foppish noble like Virion do such menial labor haha), and then of course there's stuff like with Libra and Nowi, where she legitimately empathizes with them.

Tharja is actually a big softie on the inside and I love her for it, TBH. 

If we had an upvote system I would give nothing but thumbs man.

@BANRYU

Spoiler

and i agree with most of this. what i was saying was that it seems that the other characters who interact with her seem hardly miffed, if at all, by her behaviour, or to the things she does to them. like...Stahl's convo..she says she put a hex on him where if he lies he'll die horribly. like? if i were Stahl i'd be running for the hills, but all he says is like "that's so mean!"  now, i don't even believe Tharja would actually cast a hex that would make him die, but is Stahl supposed to know that when he hardly knows her and she has a presumably bad rep? and in other conversations she makes it pretty clear she doesn't want to talk to them, and insults them, and yet they just keep running back for some reason. it just seems strange. unless she's just supposed to be amiably jooging on everyone rather than being actually hostile and mean. since it's just text on a screen with no body language or voice acting to interpret, i don't know. but then again, why am i expecting Fire Emblem support convos to be realistic...

i for one am gonna miss the CAWCAW in this thread. rest in peace, you will not be forcawtten...

4 hours ago, Taxon said:

More Tharja talk here. Don't open if not interested.

Reveal hidden contents

I can see where you're coming from with this. I'm not the kind of person who will usually dislike a character just because they're immoral (Hazama is my profile picture for crying out loud). One of my major problems with Tharja though is that she is allowed to be immoral but is consistently presented as being a genuinely good person despite her actions. When someone like Gangrel does something bad all the other characters in the story acknowledge how bad it is. When Tharja does something bad she can just kind of get away with it and nobody will act like she did anything wrong, or they will severely underact. I mean, can you imagine if it were Gangrel who had abused his daughter into becoming a miserable, mentally ill nervous wreck? No one would tolerate that crap for a moment. His actions would be presented as irredeemably evil by the writers and everyone would hate him. Everyone. When Tharja does it though it's played for comedy. While a character like Gangrel is clearly intentionally written to be a scumbag, Tharja comes across as a character who the writers genuinely wanted the player to find endearing, but ended up coming across as a scumbag anyway because the writers had no self awareness. There's a huge difference there.

Basically, Tharja comes across as a horrible person who is also completely immune to karma and can get away with doing anything she wants to anyone she wants and never really have to suffer any consequences for it. Combine this with the "Fuck your opinion" attitude you mentioned and you've got a recipe for a truly obnoxious character. If the other characters in the story had reacted to her immoral actions more accurately instead of just letting her do whatever she wants then I probably wouldn't hate her nearly as much as I do.

You. I like you.

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Because characters are fictive creations, not people you have to interact with? A character who would be horrible person IRL can be interesting in the context of the story they're a part of. For example, a lot of characters in Fate/Zero are far from pleasant, but I really like some of them as characters because of how they interact and clash with each other in the confine of the show's plot. There's also a reason why the expression 'a character you love to hate' exist.

"So, you would question me, you filthy mongrel? Me, the one true king? If you cannot now discern my identity in the presence of my magnificent glory, then you’re ignorant blindness will serve to seal your doom!"

3 hours ago, komasa said:

Kurando with Michalis lead? Requested <3

Now you have your reason. Embrace the dark. We have tomatoes. 

@Motendra , I believe you're with Leo, if so may I add? Been wanting to ask ever since the Wyvern Gauntlet when you fought for Minerva. 

Well what was stoppin' ya? I'd gladly do so! 9082691974.

You'll know its me

woah. so many Julia supporters..but that'd make sense since presumably she'd be more popular in Japan, where it's 6 pm about? and over here in the US at least it's in the early hours, 6 am for me..why am i awake..end me..

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Then I guess it'd be up to lady luck on who'll lead near the end.