Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Hey Julians, what's the big deal? You are shouting big words but when your time comes you can't even get lead! Where is you zeal, where are your flags? 

I was really hopping blow some flags this hour, but poor Julia the sow, apparently can't depend on her supporters. I guess it will be easy win for us then.

Edited by Tenzen12

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to crush Julia's hopes and dreams and replace it with doom and despair while I do a villainous laugh, but when she gets back within 10% of Tharja the bonus goes, and if the last hour is any indication, she can't overtake within one hour, but can get within 10%, thus losing the bonus, and allowing us to extend our soul crushing lead!

Now excuse me while I go definitely not laugh at the inevitable destruction of Julia!

Mwahaha!

Wait... Tharja's not evil, though...

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hey Julians, what's the big deal? You are shouting big words but when your time comes you can't even get lead! Where is you zeal, where are your flags? 

I was really hopping blow some flags this hour, but poor Julia apparently can depend on her supporters. I guess it will be easy win for us then.

I've got a thousand to spend that I'm saving for the last three hours, I'm hoping that's what everyone else is doing too, otherwise it's not looking good.

The current points of Julia v Tharja is actually quite healthy if we do indeed get the final last hour 3x boost since that's the time most smart people would spend their flags on. The problem now is only getting the 3x in the end.

Hence, we should stop our flag usage from the final 3rd-4th hour depending on the situation, even if 3x effect is already in effect, to ensure a well ending

TEAM ROBIN! Give moral support to Team Julia! 

Robin vs Julia is an incredibly symbolic battle, where one is the descendent of Naga's blood and the other is a descendent of Grima's blood. Plus, they are white/silver haired amnesiac mages (Well, Robin's a Tactician that can use swords, but still leaning on mage) with the connection to a powerful dragon with godly powers. 

GO JULIA! WIN!

3 minutes ago, Tyxant said:

The problem now is only getting the 3x in the end.

There has to be a, like, 1.2 billion difference, and we'll have to jump over it all at once. No way that will happen.
I still wish that it does, of course.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

TEAM ROBIN! Give moral support to Team Julia! 

Robin vs Julia is an incredibly symbolic battle, where one is the descendent of Naga's blood and the other is a descendent of Grima's blood. Plus, they are white/silver haired amnesiac mages (Well, Robin's a Tactician that can use swords, but still leaning on mage) with the connection to a powerful dragon with godly powers. 

GO JULIA! WIN!

I support Julia for two reasons: 1. I don't like Tharja. 2. If she wins then Robin's victory is practically assured (take that haters!).

Tharja did 2263 million once with the 3x, which means she can do 750 or so even without the multiplier. JP middle of the day and NA night is probably a time of high activity so imo this is reasonable. 

Julia is going to have to make up around 1500 million in the last session, even if it’s timed perfectly the last hour, so she needs like 2250 million which is like double her typical 3x round (highest is 1324, lowest is 798 million). Some Julia supporters may have flags in stock, but others might be running out. I used 1200 all with the bonus, and have 305, and missed a few 3x. However many flags Julia’s team has left, Tharja has much more in stock since she’s used less, and has more supporters.

As Sanaki’s team discovered, it’s also harder than you think to time the final multiplier. Despite some efforts to coordinate, her team actually did the opposite of the necessary strat, speeding up the last few hours when she needed to slow down to get the bonus.

We need another Jugdral Miracle. >_>

If you really want to beat Tharja, you should save everything for Robin. Leo/Henry are significantly weaker than Linde/Julia so he should have a lot in stock. He’s more casually recognizable from Smash, is a very common Heroes character to have, and has memetic potential (shipping, etc). He’s definitely not favored but there’s a chance.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There has to be a, like, 1.2 billion difference, and we'll have to jump over it all at once. No way that will happen.

Well, according to what happened earlier, I'd say the jump isn't really hard to achieve, since in earlier posts, most Julia supporters still have their flags and are conserving at least 400 for the final hour.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I support Julia for two reasons: 1. I don't like Tharja. 2. If she wins then Robin's victory is practically assured (take that haters!).

Honestly if we actually win this, I would already be overjoyed that I don't care how brutal we might die to Robin already.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I do not care for the latter. It's only the symbolism that I want Julia and Robin.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, SOME of us saved our flags for the end, so I think we have a chance. Just kidding, I know we wouldn't be in this position without everyone who has already used all of their's.

If everyone goes all in I think we can at least catch up, it just depends on what team Tharja does.

4 minutes ago, XeKr said:

Tharja did 2263 million once with the 3x, which means she can do 750 or so even without the multiplier. JP middle of the day and NA night is probably a time of high activity so imo this is reasonable. 

Julia is going to have to make up around 1500 million in the last session, even if it’s timed perfectly the last hour, so she needs like 2250 million which is like double her typical 3x round (highest is 1324, lowest is 798 million). Some Julia supporters may have flags in stock, but others might be running out. I used 1200 all with the bonus, and have 305, and missed a few 3x. However many flags Julia’s team has left, Tharja has much more in stock since she’s used less, and has more supporters.

As Sanaki’s team discovered, it’s also harder than you think to time the final multiplier. Despite some efforts to coordinate, her team actually did the opposite of the necessary strat, speeding up the last few hours when she needed to slow down to get the bonus.

We need another Jugdral Miracle. >_>

If you really want to beat Tharja, you should save everything for Robin. Leo/Henry are significantly weaker than Linde/Julia so he should have a lot in stock. He’s more casually recognizable from Smash, is a very common Heroes character to have, and has memetic potential (shipping, etc). He’s definitely not favored but there’s a chance.

Ugh, why do we have to face this reality. But would Tharja's flags be spent more often than Robin's since the battles in the female side is so much fiercer?

5 minutes ago, Tyxant said:

Well, according to what happened earlier, I'd say the jump isn't really hard to achieve, since in earlier posts, most Julia supporters still have their flags and are conserving at least 400 for the final hour.

Yeah, I'll just keep hoping and praying. Not much I can do without flags :(

26 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Wait... Tharja's not evil, though...

But she's the High Priestess of the Goddess of all Yanderes!

1 minute ago, Tyxant said:

Ugh, why do we have to face this reality. But would Tharja's flags be spent more often than Robin's since the battles in the female side is so much fiercer?

Tharja probably has burned slightly more flags percentage-wise than Robin because of the competition, but still has more overall flags which is what matters. Robin is going to need the underdog, anti-Tharja/waifu, Smash 4, etc factor, plus a good degree of luck and coordination.

Go Tharja! I never really cared for you in general, but destroying Julia will make me happier again. Afterwards, please destroy Robin as well, so I can get rid of those useless flags, Leo isn't even trying.

On a more serious note, though; I definitely do not like the rubberbanding at all and I think the gauntlet needs yet another change, sigh... Artificially and superficially making gaps smaller is not making this any more exciting than the previous ones. The only new factor is luck in the endgame, if the losing side is getting the unfair advantage to surpass the moment it is needed (since it wouldn't be able to otherwise). Let's see what the next gauntlet will be. Maybe Rural warriors: Lyn vs folks like Mozu and Donnel, lol

7 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Go Tharja! I never really cared for you in general, but destroying Julia will make me happier again. Afterwards, please destroy Robin as well, so I can get rid of those useless flags, Leo isn't even trying.

On a more serious note, though; I definitely do not like the rubberbanding at all and I think the gauntlet needs yet another change, sigh... Artificially and superficially making gaps smaller is not making this any more exciting than the previous ones. The only new factor is luck in the endgame, if the losing side is getting the unfair advantage to surpass the moment it is needed (since it wouldn't be able to otherwise). Let's see what the next gauntlet will be. Maybe Rural warriors: Lyn vs folks like Mozu and Donnel, lol

Dude, no contest. Of course it's Mozu! XD

I kid. It's easily Lyn. Remember that Lyn won the poll for the characters in Heroes, beating even Tharja and Lucina.

MOD MERGE:

7 hours ago, XeKr said:

Tharja probably has burned slightly more flags percentage-wise than Robin because of the competition, but still has more overall flags which is what matters. Robin is going to need the underdog, anti-Tharja/waifu, Smash 4, etc factor, plus a good degree of luck and coordination.

Actually, if you think about it, Tharja's been facing really tough contenders. Linde is one of the most powerful characters in the game, and Julia is a Dragon killer mage, rather than a mere Falchion user. 

Edited by Specta

I'm noticing that people aren't planning on spending flags until the last hour on team Julia. Remember: You can only spend 400 flags per hour. If you have more than that (or are in the US), spend them in the next X3 and pray we can keep the lead until the end.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Dude, no contest. Of course it's Mozu! XD

I kid. It's easily Lyn. Remember that Lyn won the poll for the characters in Heroes, beating even Tharja and Lucina.

I do, and that's why this might actually happen since they make gauntlets with predetermined winners. I hope, with enough time, that they will find a captivating system to continue these gauntlets.

Also, get rid of the 10 wins in 2 days arena quests for flags if we don't have arena quests with crests is another suggestion I would put out there. Yes, you can get them rather easily with Nintendo coins and by not using them otherwise, but it's still weird they force you to have consumables in advance. Luckily, I had some leftovers, but I would have been pissed otherwise.

11 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Unfortunately, it's the lesser of evils. There is pretty much no way to salvage the Voting Gauntlet, unless you want titans like Lucina and Camilla to continue dominating the battlefields unimpeded.

Rubberbanding is kind of cheap, but at least it provides some threat to the super-popular characters and the score bonus is amazing and encourages people to join underdog teams, rather than immediately hopping on the popularity bandwagon.

6 hours ago, komasa said:

Yes.. it is... the darkness... must embrace. My I add you as friends? 

Hide contents

I am praying that when halloween hits, we'll be getting that Nohrian Festival Vampire Leo as a special unit like the Easter ones *-*

Sure! My friend code is 2667371554, just let me know which one you are so I can add you.

Spoiler

I would love that, it would give me a new Oboro and Leo, but then Camilla and Xander would have 2 special forms

Edited by Anime27Arts

2 hours ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Nino would've won if she was here.

Nino really should have been in this.

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Can't have a mage gauntlet without the original FE mage!

If you wanted to cut anyone, it should've been Henry.

Truth!