Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Welp, Round 2 has ended. Congratulations to the winners, and good job to everyone for fighting hard!

I'll be moving on to Team Robin for the finale! For anyone I'm already friends with (my friends list is full, so I don't think I can add any more people) on Team Robin, let me know who you want me to put as my rep (unit list is in the sig). 

I'm currently planning to go with Ryoma to cover Robin's weakness to greens (since I assume most people are going to be battling with their own Robin), but if you want me to switch to someone else just let me know!

EDIT: @Ice Dragon I'll miss using your Ninian </3 she was a valuable ally in the fight against Tharja, and I'll be sad to see her go.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: @Ice Dragon I'll miss using your Ninian </3 she was a valuable ally in the fight against Tharja, and I'll be sad to see her go.

May we meet again as allies in the next life a future gauntlet!

But for the next two days,

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood...

Yup, as much as I hoped Leo would pull through this time around, I kinda expected this outcome. Still gave it my all for him though - only missed out on spending 10 flags because the multipliers were much more rare than with Merric. But, I'm not the kind to be spiteful/hold a grudge, so out of respect for the one who defeated both of my choices, I'll be throwing my support behind Robin. Here's hoping he's got enough reinforcements from the other teams to bring down Tharja. (no grudge against her from me, she's just the opponent this round) Insert meme about scale tipping

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

May we meet again as allies in the next life a future gauntlet!

But for the next two days,

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood...

It's funny that you mention that because I've been considering requesting an Archer sprite from the Sprite Assembly thread. Boey's head is probably the closest we're ever going to get to Archer's, so I really just need to figure out what to do for the outfit. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's funny that you mention that because I've been considering requesting an Archer sprite from the Sprite Assembly thread. Boey's head is probably the closest we're ever going to get to Archer's, so I really just need to figure out what to do for the outfit. Any ideas?

If I were still in my prime, I'd just draw the body from scratch.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If I were still in my prime, I'd just draw the body from scratch.

I'm in my prime, and I have the artistic skills of a dead fish. I'm sure I could make him a really snazzy stick figure body, but that's not quite what I'm going for.

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Welp, Round 2 has ended. Congratulations to the winners, and good job to everyone for fighting hard!

I'll be moving on to Team Robin for the finale! For anyone I'm already friends with (my friends list is full, so I don't think I can add any more people) on Team Robin, let me know who you want me to put as my rep (unit list is in the sig). 

I'm currently planning to go with Ryoma to cover Robin's weakness to greens (since I assume most people are going to be battling with their own Robin), but if you want me to switch to someone else just let me know!

I just wanted to say that I checked out your Heroes spreadsheet, and WOW. I really admire your tremendous dedication to this game. Well done, sir. (Though I am admittedly jealous of your +3 Ryoma when I haven't even gotten a single Ryoma).

Just now, KoolioKenneth said:

I just wanted to say that I checked out your Heroes spreadsheet, and WOW. I really admire your tremendous dedication to this game. Well done, sir. (Though I am admittedly jealous of your +3 Ryoma when I haven't even gotten a single Ryoma).

Haha I appreciate the kind words :D

You'd probably feel a lot less envious if you knew how much I spent to get that +3 Ryoma

Good fight, Team Leo. Time to calm down Tharja, now...

And a little note, I barely win in a match VS a Nino. My victory is due to a Reinhardt Reposition (I think it's yours, @Astellius?) and the Linde's Glacies there was. She survived Nino's attack with 1 HP. That was so close.

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Karel and Navarre are the only ones I can think of with a long coat for Archer. Though his coat is wierd in that it's some sleeves and a butt cape. Otherwise you could use Ogma with Gaius' cloak or something to make him without his coat. Best I can think of for ya.

Edited by Tarilaan

9 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Karel and Navarre are the only ones I can think of with a long coat for Archer. Though his coat is wierd in that it's some sleeves and a butt cape. Otherwise you could use Ogma with Gaius' cloak or something to make him without his coat. Best I can think of for ya.

I'll figure something out. I'm quite happy with Scathach, so I'm in no hurry to change her.

It'd be really cool to have Archer with a bunch of Blárblade swords around him to simulate UBW though :OOO

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

So. I'll be goin' Tharja next, ofc. 

Any of my buds from previous round(s) gonna be crossin' over to the dark side? @Tarilaan @komasa @Astellius @Motendra (?) @r4v1sh @Rafiel's Aria (Can't remember my other Merric teammates sorry if I forgot anyone though this thread probably moves too quick for them to notice lol... =3= ) Either way, best of luck folks!!

Anyway, on my side of things I can do Nino or someone (+Spd/-Def with LaD 2 + Desp 3 + forgetwhatassist, etiher default or ArdSac) for my leader to combat the blue menace... Kagero probably won't help too much against enemy robins and Tiki's probably worse off except as physical coverage against Hector and such haha ;; 

Edited by BANRYU

I feel like I've come a long way, but maybe I'll finally win one of these gauntlets.  It's nice to not only have 3 of the participants, but to like all of them.  It gives you options.

Screenshot_20170516-030141.jpg

10 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

So. I'll be goin' Tharja next, ofc. 

Any of my buds from previous round(s) gonna be crossin' over to the dark side? @Tarilaan @komasa @Astellius @Motendra (?) @r4v1sh @Rafiel's Aria (Can't remember my other Merric teammates sorry if I forgot anyone though this thread probably moves too quick for them to notice lol... =3= )

Sorry, gonna back Robin this time around. Though (And not trying to open that can of worms again) that link you posted earlier definitely did help me see Tharja in a better light, so it was actually a bit of a toss-up on who I support. I still don't necessarily condone her actions, but I can definitely appreciate her depth of character from a writing standpoint, and understand those who side with her for more than just bodily reasons.

6 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Sorry, gonna back Robin this time around. Though (And not trying to open that can of worms again) that link you posted earlier definitely did help me see Tharja in a better light, so it was actually a bit of a toss-up on who I support. I still don't necessarily condone her actions, but I can definitely appreciate her depth of character from a writing standpoint, and understand those who side with her for more than just bodily reasons.

NW dude I hear ya, and it's important to go with who you like more too so no judgment. Even if people don't HATE Tharja I hardly expect tons of people to like her for the same reasons I do either lol. I like Robin too so I'm sad that I'm not able to rep him (and Henry as well, both of whom I have in addition to the 3 folks I did rep lmao), but In the end I gotta go with who I like (also, feathers lmao. They just happened to coincide this time for me thankfully =w=)

11 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I feel like I've come a long way, but maybe I'll finally win one of these gauntlets.  It's nice to not only have 3 of the participants, but to like all of them.  It gives you options.

Screenshot_20170516-030141.jpg

Bro I hear that. I'm actually kind of grateful to have the excuse of going for feathers this time because I honestly don't know who I would have supported between Merric, Robin, and Tharja if we're talking terms of pure favoritism haha. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, 1 is for Tharja and 2 is for Robin.

j6_f1jv3iMc.jpg

Time to tip the scales, I guess.

Tharja is fine, as is Robin. But the coin said I'm going Robin, and so I did.