Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Aw man, Robin was actually beating Tharja but it seems we have lost momentum because man that multiplier showing up is not good... I hope we don't lose....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity.

Each vote that u cast is multiplied by a hundred. Or by a figure that ends in 5 if u have less than 10 friends.

Logically the sum of all votes would end in  0 or  5.

But thats not the case. Roght now its 161 and 629.

How is that possible?

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Soz!

Get some sleep!

That's definitely not good for your health! LOL

you know how it is when you've been awake too long, you've gone too far and there's no turning back so you have to face the day. i'll definitely be getting some tonight though 8')

33 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Since I went Team Leo! :D:

Interesting to see that my Oboro reputation is building

We are Oboro twins, that's why your reputation is that of Oboro

@Arcanite@eclipse @TheTuckingFypo@Glaceon Mage@SniperGYS and whoever is on my friends list.  I'm not sure who else is on team Robin now, but if anybody's gotten a merged Julia, that was mine.  Is she doing okay, or would you prefer another unit?  I suppose lots of people are running Robin, so doubling up on Blue wouldn't be the best.

7 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Just out of curiosity.

Each vote that u cast is multiplied by a hundred. Or by a figure that ends in 5 if u have less than 10 friends.

How is that possible?

I might be wrong, but I think the score for winning would be 10*(min[10, number of friends]) or something like that (probably at least 1 if you have no friends, but not important right now). so someone with 9 friends using Robin on team Robin would get 10*9*1.1=99 points (assuming no flags are used). I might be wrong though.

Just now, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite@eclipse @TheTuckingFypo@Glaceon Mage@SniperGYS and whoever is on my friends list.  I'm not sure who else is on team Robin now, but if anybody's gotten a merged Julia, that was mine.  Is she doing okay, or would you prefer another unit?  I suppose lots of people are running Robin, so doubling up on Blue wouldn't be the best.

She's fine, I'm cheesing by going in with a lv 1 Robin anyway.

Truth be told, though, I'm not that invested in this round, considering the contestants are both among my most hated in the series.

10 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Just out of curiosity.

How is that possible?

You start at 50 points per match, and get an extra 5 per friend, up to 10 friends. If you use the team's character you get 10% more. For example, for the first gauntlet I just had my 2 irl friends on my list. So 50+5+5, then + 10% is 66 points a round - not a multiple of 5

9 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

We are Oboro twins, that's why your reputation is that of Oboro

You're 100% right about that!

Also, I need to get a different profile picture pretty soon since Spinoboro might get old pretty soon heh heh

15 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

How is that possible?

What Tarilaan said seems to fit

Just now, Arcanite said:

Also, I need to get a different profile picture pretty soon since Spinoboro might get old pretty soon heh heh

What Tarilaan said seems to fit

2 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

You start at 50 points per match, and get an extra 5 per friend, up to 10 friends. If you use the team's character you get 10% more. For example, for the first gauntlet I just had my 2 irl friends on my list. So 50+5+5, then + 10% is 66 points a round - not a multiple of 5

Right! Didnt think about that possibility!

Guess I spend too much time with the gauntlet ☺

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nah.  Spinoboro could never get old

Looks like the multiplier's been turned off for some reason. Robin is behind by nearly 1 billion and I know we had the multiplier with a smaller gap. Stupid game. And this makes me hate Tharja more. I will never understand why anyone likes her.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like the multiplier's been turned off for some reason. Robin is behind by nearly 1 billion and I know we had the multiplier with a smaller gap. Stupid game. And this makes me hate Tharja more. I will never understand why anyone likes her.

It's based off % difference. There needs to be at least 10% difference in score before the multiplier hits. Since the scores have been getting higher and higher, it takes longer for it to trigger. 

37 minutes ago, Doof said:

Aw man, Robin was actually beating Tharja but it seems we have lost momentum because man that multiplier showing up is not good... I hope we don't lose....

I think people have just been waiting for it before pilling on anymore flags. It might be time to just start going for it instead of waiting if Team Robin has a chance

Just now, komasa said:

It's based off % difference. There needs to be at least 10% difference in score before the multiplier hits. Since the scores have been getting higher and higher, it takes longer for it to trigger. 

Oh. I never realized that. But it seems that it's impossible to catch up at this point even with the multiplier. It shouldn't go by percent, imo, it should go by a certain number relative to the leading team's score.

There sure were a good few hours of 3x back and fourths after reset this morning. Luckily I was awake for them because I was awake until like 8am because there was a huge spider that vanished somewhere near by bed and I couldn't sleep until it showed itself. It seems like things have settled for a bit now that I've woken up.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because who doesn't dig crazy chicks?

3 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

She's not a "crazy chick," she's a creepyass poorly designed stalker. Who EVER likes those?

Edited by Anacybele

I literally only voted for Tharja because I like Robin even less.

That funny feeling you're only sticking around for feathers. Sanaki was out First Round.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. I never realized that. But it seems that it's impossible to catch up at this point even with the multiplier. It shouldn't go by percent, imo, it should go by a certain number relative to the leading team's score.

I actually think it works pretty well like this, since it now makes matches more exiting at the start, but still lets the more popular character win in the end. Getting the multiplier all the time would be a bit much anyway and I'm sure we'll get the multiplier somewhere in the next few hours.

Still, it seems I underestimated Robin's popularity, as I was expecting him to do worse. Really starting to regret saving all those flags for one round...

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I actually think it works pretty well like this, since it now makes matches more exiting at the start, but still lets the more popular character win in the end. Getting the multiplier all the time would be a bit much anyway and I'm sure we'll get the multiplier somewhere in the next few hours.

Still, it seems I underestimated Robin's popularity, as I was expecting him to do worse. Really starting to regret saving all those flags for one round...

Eh, I still say meh. And that IS needs to stop putting obvious winners in these. It's less fun that way. Lucina was obviously going to steamroll the whole thing, same with Camilla, and now just as I figured, Tharja is also doing the same.

I hope they don't do the x3 next Gauntlet, it doesn't keep landslides from winning, and only lets close match-ups give the possibility of flipping.  It also heavily favors people who are able to play when it first starts and there are wider swings to get the x3 bonus.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Unfortunately, their character choice is still not too great.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ok sorry if this sounds harsh but, more people wanting to support Tharja does not give a valid reason to hate on her even more.

I'm not on team Tharja (or even give a crap about her) but I wouldn't go out of my way to hate her just cause she won a popularity contest. Her fanbase hasn't even done anything majorly wrong so far in this gauntlet (unless you're willing to share me a 'Let's insult everyone but Tharja' thread).

Anyways, I'm not gonna bother explaining the rest. You should understand that by yourself. Also, it's fine if you don't understand why people like her. So long as you don't make it sound wrong to like her.

On to other stuff, here I am, just waiting for that 3x multiplier so I can spend some flags again...

24 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Sane people.

Went to bed, my ranking dropped. I considered waking up early to play in the gauntlet, but meh. I like sleeping.