Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they don't do the x3 next Gauntlet, it doesn't keep landslides from winning, and only lets close match-ups give the possibility of flipping.  It also heavily favors people who are able to play when it first starts and there are wider swings to get the x3 bonus.

I may have said something like this earlier in this topic, but all the multiplier is really doing is giving the underdogs false hope that they can win when the reality is the favorite is still never in any danger of losing, it's just that the scores no longer reflect it. I also hope they trash this mechanic for the June gauntlet because if I'm part of an underdog team, I would rather figure out early on in the match that my team has no chance of victory instead of being strung along by false hope only to be disappointed in the end. That's just me personally.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I still say meh. And that IS needs to stop putting obvious winners in these. It's less fun that way. Lucina was obviously going to steamroll the whole thing, same with Camilla, and now just as I figured, Tharja is also doing the same.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Unfortunately, their character choice is still not too great.

I agree with this one hundred percent. While this new mechanic is good way to make otherwise boring matches a bit less boring, it is not fixing the main problem of these gauntlets, which is the clear winners. While I understand it is difficult to put toghether eight characters with similar popularity around a single theme, it should be possible to at least do this (for instance, replacing Camilla in the last gauntlet would have made it a lot more intresting).

I was more trying to say the mechanic is fine on its own, not that it actually fixes the issues the gauntlets have.

The comeback mechanic really wears down on me since taking full advantage of it pretty much involves participating in the rounds very early on (for my case, server rollover occurs on 3 AM as an East Coast American in daylight savings time and the first chance for triple points generally occurs at 5AM since I'm in Team Tharja).

I honestly can't wait for the end of this; this voting gauntlet felt a lot longer than usual even though it only runs for 6 days as usual.

Edited by Roflolxp54

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I may have said something like this earlier in this topic, but all the multiplier is really doing is giving the underdogs false hope that they can win when the reality is the favorite is still never in any danger of losing, it's just that the scores no longer reflect it. I also hope they trash this mechanic for the June gauntlet because if I'm part of an underdog team, I would rather figure out early on in the match that my team has no chance of victory instead of being strung along by false hope only to be disappointed in the end. That's just me personally.

It can't flip landslides, but for the close matches where there aren't a million people involved, it could flip if the underdog got the bonus at the last hour.  I don't know about you, but I'd be saltier than Lot's wife, if my team lost, just to that stupid rule.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It can't flip landslides, but for the close matches where there aren't a million people involved, it could flip if the underdog got the bonus at the last hour.  I don't know about you, but I'd be saltier than Lot's wife, if my team lost, just to that stupid rule.

Yeah, I suppose in a match like Subaki vs. Beruka in the last gauntlet if the multiplier activates in the final hour, the team winning at that point could end getting screwed out of a win due to not having enough people on their team to compensate for the multiplier unlike juggernauts like Camilla and Tharja. It would be really dumb if a team down the line lost entirely thanks to the multiplier and it's all the more reason it should get axed sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite@eclipse @TheTuckingFypo@Glaceon Mage@SniperGYS and whoever is on my friends list.  I'm not sure who else is on team Robin now, but if anybody's gotten a merged Julia, that was mine.  Is she doing okay, or would you prefer another unit?  I suppose lots of people are running Robin, so doubling up on Blue wouldn't be the best.

She is doing fine, I have see a lot of Blue in my last matches that's why I hasn't use my Oboro to fight, so she is perfect right now, I already saw her doing a "Fatality" to a poor Ninian

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I suppose in a match like Subaki vs. Beruka in the last gauntlet if the multiplier activates in the final hour, the team winning at that point could end getting screwed out of a win due to not having enough people on their team to compensate for the multiplier unlike juggernauts like Camilla and Tharja. It would be really dumb if a team down the line lost entirely thanks to the multiplier and it's all the more reason it should get axed sooner rather than later.

yeah. i thought Leo might win vs Robin due to that since he got the multiplier at the last round (right?) and the scores were pretty close.

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

yeah. i thought Leo might win vs Robin due to that since he got the multiplier at the last round (right?) and the scores were pretty close.

He got it in the second to last round, but even then it wasn't quite enough, I don't remember the final scores though

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sane people.

Went to bed, my ranking dropped. I considered waking up early to play in the gauntlet, but meh. I like sleeping.

In your opinion and most people's opinions don't matter.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

This.

21 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I agree with this one hundred percent. While this new mechanic is good way to make otherwise boring matches a bit less boring, it is not fixing the main problem of these gauntlets, which is the clear winners. While I understand it is difficult to put toghether eight characters with similar popularity around a single theme, it should be possible to at least do this (for instance, replacing Camilla in the last gauntlet would have made it a lot more intresting).

I was more trying to say the mechanic is fine on its own, not that it actually fixes the issues the gauntlets have.

Of course, as much as I support Robin, he would probably need to be removed from this one too.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

He got it in the second to last round, but even then it wasn't quite enough, I don't remember the final scores though

you mean in that second to last round he didn't overtake Robin? or just end-all it wasn't enough? 

I underestimate Tharja's popularity. But really... is big boobs the only thing that matters ? I don't hate her, but I can't find one thing that make her a cool character...

you mean in that second to last round he didn't overtake Robin? or just end-all it wasn't enough? 

He didn't overtake him, his score came closer, but during the last 2 multipliers, Leo couldn't take the lead.  I was up during like all of them and actually caught them towards the end.

3 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

In your opinion and most people's opinions don't matter.

Crazy people are not cool. They're terrifying. But as much as I don't like her, even I can admit that there's more to Tharja than crazy. So, like, if you want to devalue the character that you obviously like by simplifying her to "crazy chick" and throw a passive aggressive fit over what was a sarcastic post, that's not my problem.

Also, no one's opinions matter. No one's, including yours.

He got the multiplier in the second to last hour of the round. However, it didn't matter because by that point in the round, Leo was unable to overtake Robin even when he did get the multiplier. It's like I just mentioned earlier, Robin was never in any danger of losing because he had enough people backing him to make the multiplier ultimately not matter in the end.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Crazy people are not cool. They're terrifying.

I 300% disagree

What about Gregory House!?

Anywho, has anyone on my friend list gotten my Celica? Has she done anyone any good?

2 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I underestimate Tharja's popularity. But really... is big boobs the only thing that matters ? I don't hate her, but I can't find one thing that make her a cool character...

for me she has that grumpy old witch lady vibe going on which i'm a sucker for. but she's not actually evil either, she has good points, it's just not blatant. and best thighs in the army? i mean i'm 90% gay but dem thighs. i think Hinoka beat her out at thigh-power in Heroes tho lol

ah i see though...i feel like Leo should've been able to take over then. but his team was smaller yes and a lot of them were probably out of flags at that point and couldn't capitalize on the x3 as well.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I 300% disagree

I know that people here like to joke a lot, but I am completely serious on the crazy people thing. They are not funny at all. This is not something I want to poke fun at, because people just don't take this kind of stuff seriously enough. They don't recognize it in real life, or they think it's harmless, and it never ends up good.

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

Unfortunately I think that's why she's as popular as she is for most people. Same with Camilla.

Like I don't hate either as characters on their own. Tharja has a softer side to her that you see in her supports with Nowi, Kellam, Libra and Noire that's endearing but she's got more negative aspects than good. i.e. threatening to curse people, her stalking and obsession with the avatar, and what future her does to Noire.

Having these aspects doesn't make her a bad character, but it's why I couldn't support her. 

Just now, Tactical Canadian said:

Unfortunately I think that's why she's as popular as she is for most people. Same with Camilla.

Like I don't hate either as characters on their own. Tharja has a softer side to her that you see in her supports with Nowi, Kellam, Libra and Noire that's endearing but she's got more negative aspects than good. i.e. threatening to curse people, her stalking and obsession with the avatar, and what future her does to Noire.

Having these aspects doesn't make her a bad character, but it's why I couldn't support her. 

Don'f forget the sheer bikini.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I still say meh. And that IS needs to stop putting obvious winners in these. It's less fun that way. Lucina was obviously going to steamroll the whole thing, same with Camilla, and now just as I figured, Tharja is also doing the same.

Because tits.

wait nevermind lucina