Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

SF? 

Anyways, I agree with how we shouldn't like Tharja or any female character just cause they have big boobs and wear skimpy clothing. Tharja, Camilla, and even Charlotte have character in them, some with more depth than others, but given how they are portrayed, they are just seen as pure eyecandy.

SF=Serenes Forest.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Great, so she stalks others too. It's not even explained why she's a stalker. She's just creepy.

It's been noted in-game that some of the characters see Kiran as similar to Robin (Sharena and Chrom) and Corrin (Camilla). As for Tharja being a stalker towards Robin, if/Fates provides the implication that Tharja sees Robin as her soulmate.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like that people only like some characters for their bodies and not the actual characters. That's just so simple minded and makes me wonder if they actually treat real life people like that which would just be despicable.

I'm not saying people can't like characters' designs. But saying a character is oh so awesome ONLY because of their design is stupid, imo.

I mean, I think Ike (especially in RD) is hot, but that's far from the only thing I like about him, so...

Yeah, feel the same. In my case, I love Hana since she's cute, and because she's... her. She stay the same all the way. When I read her lvl 40 quote in Heroes, I was thinking in the end "It's her alright." That made me laugh sometimes x)

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's been noted in-game that some of the characters see Kiran as similar to Robin (Sharena and Chrom) and Corrin (Camilla). As for Tharja being a stalker towards Robin, if/Fates provides the implication that Tharja sees Robin as her soulmate.

If we are to believe the Fates connection, then Robin should feel the same way, but he usually doesn't (in fact, he's just as creeped out by her). Maybe it's a matter of her confusing Robin for Corrin though since they are similar (even if they aren't that similar in reality), but not the same. That, or she's just psychotic. 

Edited by Arthur97

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Great, so she stalks others too. It's not even explained why she's a stalker. She's just creepy.

@BANRYU had what i thought was a sound explanation for her stalker-ness. if only i could find it in this mess of a thread xD

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yes, that's what we can understand from what we've been told. Would have helped us understand her better if we actually SAW the Concubine Wars. With Tharja, given that we have Plegia, the place that has the Grimleal, most crazy people, its not surprising to guess that Tharja might also get psychotic. But we failed to also see her side as well.

There's also the fact that Camilla's mother never truly loved her and saw her as nothing more than a pawn that could be used to gain her favor in the Nohrian court. Camilla says as much in her support with Niles. She chose dote on Corrin because she didn't want them to be without someone who would show them true signs of affection and love like what happened in her childhood. So really, her mind completely snaps when her target of affection (Corrin) chooses to betray her and all of Nohr when Camilla had been nothing but loving and caring to Corrin. That's all I'll say on it though.

ah, i found it:

On 4/28/2017 at 6:32 PM, BANRYU said:

And the thing with Robin, yeah... Admittedly, it's probably the weakest part of her in terms of writing/character since it's never REALLY properly explained or justified, but it kiiiinda makes sense when you consider (v Awakening spoilers v)

Reveal hidden contents

that she probably knows Robin is the avatar of Grima and that that's likely the reason she stalks them and obsesses over them.

(my wife is fond of pointing out that Henry actually does something sort of similar in terms of treating Robin different than they treat other people; he's pretty flippant and casual with almost everyone else, though with Robin he's weirdly docile and compliant by comparison... >3> I think that's pretty telling personally, that both characters who are known to be PRIESTS of Grima treat you in a specific way that's different from the others. But unfortunately it's never really explored or expanded on, likely for reasons of preventing plot spoilers being in supports, but still.)

YAY FINALLY THE MULTIPLier tho

Edited by wizzard of soz

9 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

OK! How has the battles in the guantlet fairing you all? (Yes I'm very late.) Have any of you faced enemy teams of insanity? I'm hoping this'll derail the argument going on since this is starting to look like a flame war. ^_^;

Well on Team Leo I was vs Blue units left and right, and it was hurting me to not have any green units, Praise Nino.  Now on Robin's side, everyone seems to be a Red on the other Team and I'm having no issues at all.  The struggle I had to go through for Leo, and now it's just so easy and I don't understand.

ALSO ROBIN HAS THE MULTIPLIER!!!!! 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If we are to believe the Fates connection, then Robin should feel the same way, but he usually doesn't (in fact, he's just as creeped out by her). Maybe it's a matter of her confusing Robin for Corrin though since they are similar, but not the same. That, or she's just psychotic. 

The soulmate thing has been shown to be one-sided for both Tharja with Robin and Rhajat with Corrin and the game doesn't show that Robin and Corrin buy into the whole soulmate business.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The soulmate thing been shown to be one-sided for both Tharja with Robin and Rhajat with Corrin and the game doesn't show that Robin and Corrin buy into the whole soulmate business.

I honestly don't buy the reincarnation theory though. It's sitting on pretty shaky ground and is up to the player at best (plus, I don't want one of my favorite characters to actually be one of my least favorite). Maybe for Tharja, but Robin just isn't a carbon copy.

Haven't followed the topic with its seas of posts, but @BANRYU has some good points on Tharja's character and implied background, in contrast of what is seen superfluously about her.

Have supported Tharja since the first round and all of the matches have been close with a slight advantage on her. I think it might be due to the multiplier being in effect, because if not, it would've been another Lucina/Camilla Gauntlet.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I honestly don't buy the reincarnation theory though. It's sitting on pretty shaky ground and is up to the player at best (plus, I don't want one of my favorite characters to actually be one of my least favorite). Maybe for Tharja, but Robin just isn't a carbon copy.

I second that notion. Robin having to have been Corrin in some life is insulting to Robin. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Please get enough points to activate the multiplier for Team Tharja. I believe in you. I can dream.

Hmm... I wonder how many flags those in Team Robin still have left. Team Tharja people do have a lot of flags ready since they don't get many 3x chances.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I second that notion. Robin having to have been Corrin in some life is insulting to Robin. 

Especially when Robin's biggest character trait-being good at tactics-is completely absent from Corrin.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... I wonder how many flags those in Team Robin still have left. Team Tharja people do have a lot of flags ready since they don't get many 3x chances.

I have no idea, but agaisnt Leo, Robin didnt need to waste that many flags I think...

Well, at least I have 3000+

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Of course Robin isn't a carbon copy... because that would imply that he and Corrin are identical and equal. Robin is pretty much smarter and stronger than Corrin. :P

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Of course Robin isn't a carbon copy... because that would imply that he and Corrin are identical and equal. Robin is pretty much smarter and stronger than Corrin. :P

He would probably kick Corrin's butt easily...so long as it isn't Smash.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Of course Robin isn't a carbon copy... because that would imply that he and Corrin are identical and equal. Robin is pretty much better and stronger than Corrin. :P

As much as I would love to say that Robin is stronger than Corrin, I don't think that's quite accurate. Robin's greatest trait isn't that he's powerful, but smart. In a straight forward fight, he might not be able to beat Corrin. But by having information, utilizing tactics and strategies, Robin can beat Corrin in a fight.