Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I honestly don't buy the reincarnation theory though. It's sitting on pretty shaky ground and is up to the player at best (plus, I don't want one of my favorite characters to actually be one of my least favorite). Maybe for Tharja, but Robin just isn't a carbon copy.

Honestly I always felt they kinda forced a connection between Awakening and Fates. It made sense in Awakening to connect to previous entires because the world was the same, just years down the line. Fates had its own world to work with.

Like if they were gonna include Awakening it should have been as just cameos. For example, the Awakening DLC could have been an epilogue to Awakenings story with Chrom, Lissa and Frederick on their way to search for Robin in the field before encountering Corrin along the way. They help him out and that's where Chrom and Lissa remark how Corrin reminds them of Robin before they continue to the field where they find Robin like in Awakenings ending.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tactical Canadian said:

Honestly I always felt they kinda forced a connection between Awakening and Fates. It made sense in Awakening to connect to previous entires because the world was the same, just years down the line. Fates had its own world to work with.

Like if they were gonna include Awakening it should have been as just cameos. For example, the Awakening DLC could have been an epilogue to Awakenings story with Chrom, Lissa and Frederick on their way to search for Robin in the field before encountering Corrin along the way. They help him out and that's where Chrom and Lissa remark how Corrin reminds them of Robin before they continue to the field where they find Robin like in Awakenings ending.

But if that happened, the conversation of Odin with Lissa, Laslow and Selena with Chrom, would have been awkward. Hell, Odin's talk with Lissa is what got her to mistakenly call Owain Owain, as she was trying to say Odin, but made a mistake.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

As much as I would love to say that Robin is stronger than Corrin, I don't think that's quite accurate. Robin's greatest trait isn't that he's powerful, but smart. In a straight forward fight, he might not be able to beat Corrin. But by having information, utilizing tactics and strategies, Robin can beat Corrin in a fight.

There's also stat cap differences (which comes with pretty... interesting implications if you were to play the Before Awakening DLC lategame) and the fact that Robin leads the Shepherds through a map like Apotheosis while Corrin doesn't get to do such a thing.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He would probably kick Corrin's butt easily...so long as it isn't Smash.

Eh, neither of them are fighting at their full strength for the sake of game balance in Smash.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also stat cap differences (which comes with pretty... interesting implications if you were to play the Before Awakening DLC lategame) and the fact that Robin leads the Shepherds through a map like Apotheosis while Corrin doesn't get to do such a thing.

That's what I mean. Robin's greatest skill lies in tactics. Not straightforward duels. Sure he'll fight one on one, but he won't fight without using the terrain or methods to win, but he isn't cowardly enough to use dirty tricks at the very least. Speaking of Apotheosis, I still have yet to get to that map.

The x 3 multiplier is up? ;_; It's sad that your phone is taken for the majority of the day and you have to do your homework for it. Feels bad man.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But if that happened, the conversation of Odin with Lissa, Laslow and Selena with Chrom, would have been awkward. Hell, Odin's talk with Lissa is what got her to mistakenly call Owain Owain, as she was trying to say Odin, but made a mistake.

Remember when Corrin couldn't figure out that Azura was the singer... Not saying that Chrom and them are that dumb but I wouldn't put it past IS to write them that way.

Just now, Tactical Canadian said:

Remember when Corrin couldn't figure out that Azura was the singer... Not saying that Chrom and them are that dumb but I wouldn't put it past IS to write them that way.

No, there's a difference. Corrin's level of stupidity is absurdly high. Actually, to be honest, I cannot say that it isn't legit on IS' part in them not being able to recognize that Azura was the black songstress. Reason being is that for one thing, Corrin and the others were a distance away. If they were closer, they'd recognize it was Azura, but from a distance, they can only see a dancer that sang. Furthermore, Azura was using a more higher pitch in her voice and using a more powerful beat in the dance, which Azura doesn't usually do, and using different lyrics of the song, further making it seem like she isn't actually Azura. 

Looking at the little details, you actually can realize that Corrin and the others not realizing that the black songstress is Azura makes a lot more sense.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, there's a difference. Corrin's level of stupidity is absurdly high. Actually, to be honest, I cannot say that it isn't legit on IS' part in them not being able to recognize that Azura was the black songstress. Reason being is that for one thing, Corrin and the others were a distance away. If they were closer, they'd recognize it was Azura, but from a distance, they can only see a dancer that sang. Furthermore, Azura was using a more higher pitch in her voice and using a more powerful beat in the dance, which Azura doesn't usually do, and using different lyrics of the song, further making it seem like she isn't actually Azura. 

Looking at the little details, you actually can realize that Corrin and the others not realizing that the black songstress is Azura makes a lot more sense.

I'd agree... If Azura didn't have such a unique voice and hairstyle that no one else has

It's like Clark Kent putting on glasses and suddenly no one knows he's Superman...

Edited by Tactical Canadian

4 minutes ago, Tactical Canadian said:

I'd agree... If Azura didn't have such a unique voice and hairstyle that no one else has

It's like Clark Kent putting on glasses and suddenly no one knows he's Superman...

Again, remember the distance and the pitch of her voice, along with the lyrics. You cannot see her closely enough to recognize her. Her voice doesn't sound like how Azura usually does, nor do the lyrics match the song that she's been singing most of the time. Clark Kent and Superman are closely resembled here, but the little details is that Azura was disguised for just a little bit, whereas Clark and Superman does this issue all the time.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Again, remember the distance and the pitch of her voice, along with the lyrics. You cannot see her closely enough to recognize her. Her voice doesn't sound like how Azura usually does, nor do the lyrics match the song that she's been singing most of the time. Clark Kent and Superman are closely resembled here, but the little details is that Azura was disguised for just a little bit, whereas Clark and Superman does this issue all the time.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Who Is That?!.jpg

Just now, Tactical Canadian said:

You're missing the point.

No, I get it. But even if she resembles the girl, you have to really be able to have super vision to see closely. Plus, consider this as well. Given how naive Corrin is, and how sheltered he's been, it honestly would not be uncalled for if from a distance, a girl from a distance seems to have similar hair color to Azura and hair length, he could even consider that this could be just some girl that looks like her. By all logic, Azura should not have been able to get into the performance, but she did. 

And Azura made a dance and song that was much different from what Corrin's heard or could have seen. In that regard, it doesn't resemble Azura that he remembers at all, so it would be a different person. 

And most of all... we're forgetting that she's been waterbending the entire time and thus causing the water to also obscure everyone's sight of her.

Seriously corn isn't even in this gauntlet how did this thread get so far off track, also I have like 15 flags that I just can't figure out how to use because I would have to use them individually in groups of 5 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, I get it. But even if she resembles the girl, you have to really be able to have super vision to see closely. Plus, consider this as well. Given how naive Corrin is, and how sheltered he's been, it honestly would not be uncalled for if from a distance, a girl from a distance seems to have similar hair color to Azura and hair length, he could even consider that this could be just some girl that looks like her. By all logic, Azura should not have been able to get into the performance, but she did. 

And Azura made a dance and song that was much different from what Corrin's heard or could have seen. In that regard, it doesn't resemble Azura that he remembers at all, so it would be a different person. 

And most of all... we're forgetting that she's been waterbending the entire time and thus causing the water to also obscure everyone's sight of her.

I understand what you're saying. But I think that all of that is just a bit of a stretch as too why he doesn't recognize her. Azura's hair and even her outfit is too unique to mistake for someone else, sheltered or not. Not to mention at this point in Conquest, Azura has been traveling with him for a good amount of time. So it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary to hear the different tones of her voice while she practiced at some point. The dance may be different but that doesn't mean he wouldn't recognize the voice. 

As for her getting into the performance, she was with Corrin before they got to the theatre. She only disappears before the performance and appears immediately after. You don't need to be a genius to put two and two together.

The waterbending might cause issues during her performance, but there's a bit of time before she starts that I think he'd be able to recognize her.

Like I said I get what you're saying but it all just seems like too much of a stretch.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Well that last Multiplier sure tipped the scales for Robin.

Robin: 15,813,150,015

Tharja:14,847,391,088

Perfect a small enough lead that we haven't activated the booster but large enough that we should be pretty much tied next hour 

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Nice! Now the big question though. Should Team Robin focus on holding the lead or keep it going as is and hope for another 3x multiplier down the line?

looks like ya'll aren't getting that multiplier after all. whelp, i tried, what a shame ;D

but also it sucks cause if we didn't get enough to slingshot into winning this time, then it's probably only gonna go downhill from here.

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Seriously corn isn't even in this gauntlet how did this thread get so far off track, also I have like 15 flags that I just can't figure out how to use because I would have to use them individually in groups of 5 

You will get 5 more as a log in bonus tomorrow. Use them in groups of 10.

HAHAHA! We took the lead without giving Tharja the bonus!

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Yes! Alright Robins, let's keep up the pressure. We can still win this. Conserve the strength you have and bide your time. 

2 minutes ago, Tactical Canadian said:

I understand what you're saying. But I think that all of that is just a bit of a stretch as too why he doesn't recognize her. Azura's hair and even her outfit is too unique to mistake for someone else, sheltered or not. Not to mention at this point in Conquest, Azura has been traveling with him for a good amount of time. So it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary to hear the different tones of her voice while she practiced at some point. The dance may be different but that doesn't mean he wouldn't recognize the voice. 

As for her getting into the performance, she was with Corrin before they got to the theatre. She only disappears before the performance and appears immediately after. You don't need to be a genius to put two and two together.

The waterbending might cause issues during her performance, but there's a bit of time before she starts that I think he'd be able to recognize her.

Like I said I get what you're saying but it all just seems like too much of a stretch.

Well, the logic might still be a bit of a stretch, but its not too far of a stretch. It could have been executed differently and more well thought out, I admit.