Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Tactical Canadian said:

Nice! Now the big question though. Should Team Robin focus on holding the lead or keep it going as is and hope for another 3x multiplier down the line?

Conserve your strength still. This is Tharja we're talking about. We need to conserve our flags and use them when the time is most appropriate. Remember that you can only battle once every half out. So understand how many flags you have and how you can spend them throughout the battles. For me, I've got about 825 left at this point. I'll hold onto them and hope for another multiplier.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Yes! Alright Robins, let's keep up the pressure. We can still win this. Conserve the strength you have and bide your time. 

Well, the logic might still be a bit of a stretch, but its not too far of a stretch. It could have been executed differently and more well thought out, I admit.

True. That could be said for a lot of things with Fates. Either way, we've gone way off topic in this thread so wanna end it here?

1 minute ago, Tactical Canadian said:

Nice! Now the big question though. Should Team Robin focus on holding the lead or keep it going as is and hope for another 3x multiplier down the line?

Tharja has been outscoring Robin by about 200 million at neutral so Robin should get another bonus. Everyone should save at least 400 flags for that, and then use up any remaining flags after the bonus.

Just now, Tactical Canadian said:

True. That could be said for a lot of things with Fates. Either way, we've gone way off topic in this thread so wanna end it here?

Sure. XD

Best to focus what this topic is really about: overthrowing Tharja and winning the battle for Robin!

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

ah, i found it:

:O Man you musta done some hardcore digging, that was ages ago xDD Yeah unfortunately, since they never elaborate on it I can really only theorize, but I think my theory is fairly plausible =3= ...I like it better than what Fates tried to establish with Rhajat anyway lol (not that the two can't also coincide, I suppose). 

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Haven't followed the topic with its seas of posts, but @BANRYU has some good points on Tharja's character and implied background, in contrast of what is seen superfluously about her.

Have supported Tharja since the first round and all of the matches have been close with a slight advantage on her. I think it might be due to the multiplier being in effect, because if not, it would've been another Lucina/Camilla Gauntlet.

Hah thanks =w= Yeah IDK man, I know SFF hates Tharja a lot and a lot of Tharja's fans are thirsty pervs but like.... yeah I mean, I just like her character?? I know a lot of people are turned off by her grumpiness and her threats and that's totally understandable, I just find it weirdly charming haha ;; 

And I know I'm not alone with this, I've seen plenty of girls who also like Tharja :o so like... IDK man. I say like what you like and don't feel obligated to like what you don't, but let other people like what they like too y'know lol

.....although the context of the voting gauntlet and all the salt undoubtedly aimed at Tharja as the clear winner may not be the best place for such sentiments to feasibly spread xDDD

EDIT: oh yeah and the funny part is I never even married her on any of my runs lol. I just like her. I think she's pretty as well incidentally, but my reasons for liking her got little to do with the fanservice aspects of her... I just like goth girls (aesthetic as well as attitude) lol.

Edited by BANRYU

Feels like a perfect situation for Tharja right now. The lead for Robin is enough that it'll last a while until Tharja inevitably overtakes him, and so less chance of another 3x multiplier to jump ahead before it's over.

8 minutes ago, Tactical Canadian said:

Agreed. GO ROBIN!!!

I have to admit, this has been the most intense final round ever. Even if the odds are against us, I'm sure that Robin can pull off a turnabout in the end and pull off a win. And even if we lose, we still tried our hardest and this has been the most intense final match ever. 

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Feels like a perfect situation for Tharja right now. The lead for Robin is enough that it'll last a while until Tharja inevitably overtakes him, and so less chance of another 3x multiplier to jump ahead before it's over.

Yeah. It'll take several hours for Tharja to even the scores, then several more to reach the multiplier. By then the difference should be big enough (and many of us haven't even touched our flags even).

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hah thanks =w= Yeah IDK man, I know SFF hates Tharja a lot and a lot of Tharja's fans are thirsty pervs but like.... yeah I mean, I just like her character?? I know a lot of people are turned off by her grumpiness and her threats and that's totally understandable, I just find it weirdly charming haha ;; 

And I know I'm not alone with this, I've seen plenty of girls who also like Tharja :o so like... IDK man. I say like what you like and don't feel obligated to like what you don't, but let other people like what they like too y'know lol

.....although the context of the voting gauntlet and all the salt undoubtedly aimed at Tharja as the clear winner may not be the best place for such sentiments to feasibly spread xDDD

EDIT: oh yeah and the funny part is I never even married her on any of my runs lol. I just like her. I think she's pretty as well incidentally, but my reasons for liking her got little to do with the fanservice aspects of her... I just like goth girls (aesthetic as well as attitude) lol.

It's really not that hard nor as confusing as people make it out to be. If people want to be salty about what ultimately popularity contest let them, it only show how immature they are. I still find Tharja to be refreshing contrast to the rest of the Shepherds. I just forever baffled on why she & Lissa don't have support with one to another.

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Same here. I really like her but both times I played through Awakening I married Cordelia. She's still my favorite girl there, but Tharja's a close second. If I ever go back to play again I'll try a magic build for a change (plus magic Mrogan) and marry Tharja finally. Also, patrician taste my friend.

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

:O Man you musta done some hardcore digging, that was ages ago xDD Yeah unfortunately, since they never elaborate on it I can really only theorize, but I think my theory is fairly plausible =3= ...I like it better than what Fates tried to establish with Rhajat anyway lol (not that the two can't also coincide, I suppose).

heh yeaaah, i remembered it was around the 8th page or so which helped. sadly i don't think anyone actually read it, rip, digging in vain. i have no idea what Fates tried to establish with Rhajat since i never got her. i don't mind being informed, though.  but yeah i like your theory as well (i guess that's obvious :P).

Robin said time to tip the scales! Heh heh. The multiplier rocks. I just kinda wish it would kick in a bit sooner, because I know we're going to lose the lead again...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Robin said time to tip the scales! Heh heh. The multiplier rocks. I just kinda wish it would kick in a bit sooner, because I know we're going to lose the lead again...

It can't be helped, my friend. However, hopefully we get one more multiplier and it happens at the perfect opportunity to truly turn the tables.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It's really not that hard nor as confusing as people make it out to be. If people want to be salty about what ultimately popularity contest let them, it only show how immature they are. I still find Tharja to be refreshing contrast to the rest of the Shepherds. I just forever baffled on why she & Lissa don't have support with one to another.

That's one way to look at it heh xDD

Wait.... Tharja and Lissa....?? :?? Why those two?? xD I don't have a problem with it, I'm just confused.

Actually, I wanted Tharja to be able to support with Chrom. x3 It never gets touched on except at one of those points in the story where all the troops you use frequently speak up and give little 'yeah let's do this!' quotes, but... she actually IS loyal to Chrom since he decided to trust her, and says as such in that moment which I find pretty interesting. I'd do Tharja x Chrom hah xDD 

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Same here. I really like her but both times I played through Awakening I married Cordelia. She's still my favorite girl there, but Tharja's a close second. If I ever go back to play again I'll try a magic build for a change (plus magic Mrogan) and marry Tharja finally. Also, patrician taste my friend.

Yeah! :D For me it was Tiki, and even though I wanted to marry other folks I got too attached to the character of my Tiki!Morgan that I kinda made as a result and couldn't bear the thought of not having her specifically xDD As silly as that might be...

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

heh yeaaah, i remembered it was around the 8th page or so which helped. sadly i don't think anyone actually read it, rip, digging in vain. i have no idea what Fates tried to establish with Rhajat since i never got her. i don't mind being informed, though.  but yeah i like your theory as well (i guess that's obvious :P).

Ahh hey no worries =w=

Oh, and the thing with Fates was that they were trying to imply that Corrin reincarnates into Robin and Rhajat/Asugi/Caeldori change their identities and wind up in the Awakening-verse as their anagrammed counterparts basically, and it's in Fates that Rhajat decides that Corrin is the one she's meant to be with or whatever ~__~

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

I found this relevant to this thread.

HEH. I LOVE IT. 100% definitely in character for her too lmao. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It can't be helped, my friend. However, hopefully we get one more multiplier and it happens at the perfect opportunity to truly turn the tables.

Yeah, because it'd be nice to see one of my hated characters lose for a change.

I know it seems like I hate a lot of characters, but it's really just that I happened to hate a few females that became popular (Lucina, Camilla, Tharja, Micaiah... I'm not fond of Lyn at all either, but I don't really hate her. I just find her pretty meh).

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, because it'd be nice to see one of my hated characters lose for a change.

I know it seems like I hate a lot of characters, but it's really just that I happened to hate a few females that became popular (Lucina, Camilla, Tharja, Micaiah...). I'm not fond of Lyn at all either, but I don't really hate her. I just find her pretty meh.

Well, I cannot say I share your opinion completely (especially since I love Lucina XP), I do think that Robin winning instead of Tharja would be a truly grand event. For once, the obvious choice winner DOESN'T win. If Robin can actually pull off a victory, it would truly be something for the record book of his list of accomplishments. 

So we do share the goal of just wanting Tharja to not win. XP