Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

For those who care about feathers

There is a (tiny but existant) chance that during literally the very last hour Robin will get another x3 multiplier. The current projected scores say he won't but its pretty darn close so a slight variation from the projected scores would allow it to happen. Robin doesn't score enough during those times to beat Tharja, but it can shoot up people on Team Robin in the overall rankings for feathers.

Hmm. I have 400 flags and a bunch of Light's Blessings I've almost never needed to use, so I have those to fall back on if necessary.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I spend all of my flags and am now at rank 194 in Robin's army and 4,970 in total. Unfortunatly, it seems like my final rush wasn't enough to get Robin in the lead, so it's about time to bow out for me. Really hoping I'll stay above the 1k in Robin's army, but I'll find that out tommorow I guess.

It's to bad we couldn't beat Tharja, but at least we gave her a good scare. To evryone still fighting on the front, good luck and may the gods be with you. May we meet again as allies in future battles.

Spoiler

And thanks for covering my retreat as I escape from the Plegian army. Not gonna get captured by those cultists, thank you very much.

Edited by Bartozio

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Alright, I spend all of my flags and am now at rank 194 in Robin's army and 4,970 in total. Unfortunatly, it seems like my final rush wasn't enough to get Robin in the lead, so it's about time to bow out for me. Really hoping I'll stay above the 1k in Robin's army, but I'll find that out tommorow I guess.

It's to bad we couldn't beat Tharja, but at least we gave her a good scare. To evryone still fighting on the front, good luck and may the gods be with you. May w meet again as allies in future battles.

Reveal hidden contents

And thanks for covering my retreat as I escape from the Plegian army. Not gonna get captured by those cultists, thank you very much.

Don't worry, Ylisse will save all the prisoners.

That's it. Whenever the next gauntlet comes up, I'm staying far away from the thread. I'm sick of all this arguing and I'm especially sick of people who are part of the problem acting like other people are responsible for the shit. For everyone who did have fun and were good sports about whoever they were backing, I had fun as well. I guess we weren't able to stop the negativity, though.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That's it. Whenever the next gauntlet comes up, I'm staying far away from the thread. I'm sick of all this arguing and I'm especially sick of people who are part of the problem acting like other people are responsible for the s***. For everyone who did have fun and were good sports about whoever they were backing, I had fun as well. I guess we weren't able to stop the negativity, though.

Bye

@Arcanite For you sweetie, and hungry people on this thread:

Spoiler

so, you will need HALF A PURPLE CABBAGE!!! (normal is fine too, but it's not PURPLE)

and: 

• half a red onion (or half a boring normal onion, booo~) 
  • soy sauce
  • sugar
  • some water
  • some kind of tasty vinegar (I like rice vinegar. Balsamic/white wine/cider vinegar is nice too. Not malt. Never malt)
  • drop of sesame seed oil (optional) 
  • chilli flake to taste (optional) 

If you're feeling fancy consider adding: 

• raw spring onions and toasted sesame seeds to garnish (only did spring onions today)

How to cook:

Slice the cabbage and onion. 

Get a pan, and soften the onions in some oil then add the cabbage. Add a little soy sauce first and then some sugar. Give it a taste, add a bit more of either or both until you get the savoury/sweetness you like. Once happy, add vinegar, once again a little to start with, then give it a taste. Add when you're happy with the sourness. Then add a bit of water and so it simmers. Cook until for about 5 - 10+min, depending on if you like your cabbage crunchy or soft. 

When done, add the chilli flake, the sesame oil and the optional stuff. Give everything a nice mix and it's ready to eat :DD

Burnt the last 10 flags. Rank 3028 with Robin, and 518 Cumulative. Need to sleep, I pray to Naga for my all rankings to plummet like a rock, cause it would mean Robin had a chance. All that's left to say is:

FITE ON BRAVE COMRADES!! THE CHANCE WILL COME, THE SCALES ARE YOURS FOR THE TIPPING!!!!!! GRIMMAA!! (and good night~) 

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Though I know the chances of it happening are next to none, I like the idea of June's gauntlet pitting the at that point eight released Grand Hero Battle characters against each other. They could be paired up according to the month where they were first released so we could have Narcian vs. Robin (F) and Ursula vs. Michalis on one side and Navarre vs. Zephiel and Xander vs. Lloyd on the other. I suppose instead of having banners, they could either re-run all eight Grand Hero Battles and/or offer quests that reward a copy of each character. Yes, I know this is very much a pipe dream but I think it would be a cool idea.

I can see there being three front runners in this, Fem!Robin for being an awakening character and a female, Xander as a Fates Royal and team boobs Ursula for two rather large reason. I personally would be team Michalis.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I can see there being three front runners in this, Fem!Robin for being an awakening character and a female, Xander as a Fates Royal and team boobs Ursula for two rather large reason. I personally would be team Michalis.

I don't think Xander has that much of a following. He's probably got more than most of them though.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think Xander has that much of a following. He's probably got more than most of them though.

Haven't you ever heard of his fanbase, they call themselves Justice 
There are probably more people who think he is a poorly written character, though I think he is the only other character with a snowballs chance in hell unless someone gains a meme following. 

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Haven't you ever heard of his fanbase, they call themselves Justice 
There are probably more people who think he is a poorly written character, though I think he is the only other character with a snowballs chance in hell unless someone gains a meme following. 

Isn't that Arthur?

He does have a sword that shoots lasers...

9 minutes ago, komasa said:

@Arcanite For you sweetie, and hungry people on this thread

Thanks Komasa :D:

Awwww you called me sweetie <3

16 minutes ago, komasa said:

FITE ON BRAVE COMRADES!! THE CHANCE WILL COME, THE SCALES ARE YOURS FOR THE TIPPING!!!!!! GRIMMAA!! (and good night~) 

YES

WE SHALL PREVAIL!

ALL WE MUST DO IS WAIT FOR THE ENEMY TO MAKE A WRONG MOVE!

THEN WE WILL KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

WE CHALLENGE OUR FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's...still Lucina's line..

BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER WE SHALL FIGHT AND FIGHT!!! UNTIL THE VERY END

14 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

F!Robin would have my loyalty for being the goddess who can crush Lunatic+ in the safest and easiest manner.

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

That's...still Lucina's line..

Well she won the first one, and since Robin is familiar with her I was hoping that quoting her lines will give us a Blazing chance in oblivion

Solid three losses, teaming with all the characters I had planned (Sanaki, Julia and Robin). I should end up with a net 10k feathers. Worth it.

(I didn't mind Tharja much in Awakening... because dark mage :D:. But there's something unsettling about her popularity... I mean... why?)

4 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Solid three losses, teaming with all the characters I had planned (Sanaki, Julia and Robin). I should end up with a net 10k feathers. Worth it.

(I didn't mind Tharja much in Awakening... because dark mage :D:. But there's something unsettling about her popularity... I mean... why?)

Why not? I've seen worse about character being popular. Doesn't mean we shouldn't respect or the very least try to understand.

Which is exactly what you're doing & pretty much defeating the purpose of my 1st statement.

Bleh. Not using the x3 moments in the Merric matchup means I might get bumped out of the top 10K for overal ranking. I hope I can barely scrape by a top 5K for Robin's army but I expect the Muricans to dump lotsa spagetti... and flags near the end.

7 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I hope I can barely scrape by a top 5K for Robin's army but I expect the Muricans to dump lotsa spagetti... and flags near the end.

That's precisely what I'm doing XD

#SorrySillithButIHaveToPourThisSpagetti

I've got 200 more flags that I've got to spend, and that will probably be my final investment in the Gauntlet, since I'll be pretty busy during the final hours. IDK what my actual rank is because it my score hasn't updated since I last checked, but I may be able to scrape by and be in the top 10k for Team Robin and the cumulative results. It's been a good gauntlet overall. Definitely the most exciting one so far. The devs can still improve the mechanics (and the voting options) for sure, but they're taking some steps in the right direction.

Anyone think team Robin will get the multiplier at the last second? It looks possible actually.

Just now, Falcom said:

Anyone think team Robin will get the multiplier at the last second? It looks possible actually.

i was actually thinking that too. it seems like she's progressing faster in points than she was before, but i'm not sure since i haven't been paying that close attention. wonder if i should try to save 400 flags for the final hour >U

15 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Here we go the true team Tharja

heheh.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I can see that happening, but I'm hoping that by that point, Team Tharja will by dumping all their flags to make overtaking her as hard as possible.