Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Probably hoping for another multiplier and just using them when there wasn't one

There would have to be a 3 billion point gap at least for another multiplier. Should have seen that not coming and used the flags earlier :/ 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish that if you had less than 200 feathers you could just spend them all instead of having to pick an amount. I have 10 feathers just going to waste because there's no option to spend 20 feathers at once. Sigh.

Just now, Magnux7 said:

There would have to be a 3 billion point gap at least for another multiplier. Should have seen that not coming and used the flags earlier :/ 

It literally doesn't matter when the flags are used as long as you use them all before the end of the round. People with 1000+ flags haven't been keeping them till now, they started using them a couple of hours ago to make sure all their flags were burned. Meanwhile people with 400 flags or less (i.e. just enough flags to get max points twice in an hour) kept theirs until the very last moment in the hopes that a multiplier would happen. Me using my 400 flags 6 hours ago instead of an hour ago of ago wouldn't have made Robin's score higher at this hour. +44k points is 44k points added, no matter when you use them.

In short, flags being used now instead of throughout the match don't affect the final score at all. The higher growth Robin experienced now isn't something that could have had happened for the past 8 hours since there just wasn't enough flags.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It literally doesn't matter when the flags are used as long as you use them all before the end of the round. People with 1000+ flags haven't been keeping them till now, they started using them a couple of hours ago to make sure all their flags were burned. Meanwhile people with 400 flags or less (i.e. just enough flags to get max points twice in an hour) kept theirs until the very last moment in the hopes that a multiplier would happen. Me using my 400 flags 6 hours ago instead of an hour ago of ago wouldn't have made Robin's score higher at this hour. +44k points is 44k points added, no matter when you use them.

In short, flags being used now instead of throughout the match don't affect the final score at all. The higher growth Robin experienced now isn't something that could have had happened for the past 8 hours since there just wasn't enough flags.

I suppose you are right. Imagine how it would suck to have flags remaining when the Gauntlet ends. 

Kinda got me excited that Robin actually managed to outscore Tharja for an hour though ^^

Just now, Ralphophoulous said:

He's almost too likely a winner I can see people fuming already! 

I definitely look forward to the posts about how Oliver's a shitty character and only wins because tits

What I find funny, is these were the results of popularity back in 2013 closer to the time of Awakening's release.

2r61sb6.thumb.jpg.2de760561e6e6637a5249c191841cf04.jpg

Back then Henry was more Popular than Chrom and Tharja both but apparently not anymore.

Feather gain total from voting gauntlet (Team Tharja for the full gauntlet):

Round 1: 1300 + 500 = 1800

Round 2: 2100 + 500 = 2600

Final Round: 1800 + 3100 + 500 = 5400

Total: 9800 feathers

I got 2100+500, 2100+500, 1900+1600 for a total of 8700. Not bad, even though I'd been hoping for better.

The total rank turned out very close.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.03.09 AM.png

Tharja's secrets have nothing to do with beauty, only victory.

Got 18,830 total rank (1,800 feathers) and 7,317 team rank (2,700 feathers) plus 500 for victory. Forgot the rest of my team ranks but they were about the same. Not a bad haul, especially for having hardly any 3x boosts to help my score. Lack of multipliers did tank my rank pretty good overall compared to last gauntlet, though.

Edited by Alkaid

Total haul was 7,500 feathers on Robin's team throughout the whole gauntlet, which is less than I would have liked.  I got rank 95 within Robin's army last round (would have been top 50 had I not missed a multiplier match...), but it wasn't worth tanking my score in the first two rounds.  It will depend on who the participants are of course, but I think next time I'll just aim for top 5k in the finals and choose underdogs for the first two rounds.  Team Merric people must have made out like bandits for the cumulative score.  

Wasn't keeping track of my feathers the whole round, but after promoting my Zephiel for Life and Death fodder on my Celica, I went down to 25k feathers.

Now I'm back up to 33k. #LooksLikeImBackOnTrack #TheOboroDreamIsStillAlive

Got 10 000 flat. 2500 for Round 1 (Merric loss), 1300 + 500 for Round 2 (Robin win), 3100 for Round 3 (Robin loss) and 2600 cumulative. I ended up missing too many x3 multipliers to get into top 1000 cumulative like I normally do, but this is still a pretty hefty total, so I can live without the extra 400 feathers.

Congratulations Team Tharja!

In the final round, I didn't try hard enough. Nevertheless, I got 2,300 feathers for Team Robin rank 23,314 and 2,200 feathers for total rank 5,555.

58 minutes ago, Sire said:

Looks like the only way to get ranked in Cumulative is to side with whoever has the disadvantage so they can take advantage of the multiplier. I managed to show up for a multiplier once, but only got one round in (since I was Team!Robin the entire time.) Then again, I wasn't using a Robin for pure optimization since I didn't have a 5* Robin, so I just did other stuff instead.

Getting a good Cumulative score is better than just winning a mere 500 feathers for winning rounds 1 and 2 (for 1,000 total). Not only that, but taking advantage of the multipliers will also increase one's own personal score for that round, earning yet even more feathers. So, I guess for maximum feather gain, side with the "losing side," and exploit the multiplier if the mechanic decides to stay around.

About that, my rounds 1 and 2 were spent fighting Tharja and Robin and my cumulative rank is sitting at the 5K-10K range, which is 2200 feathers. You get 1000 feathers for your cumulative score even if you don't rank, so that's a 1200 feather bonus. But by choosing losers, I missed out on 500+500 winning team bonuses, so it's only a 200 profit. For reference, I burnt all but 1800 of my flags (before round 3 started), and only during 3X multipliers. If I was perhaps awake for every available multiplier on these losing teams, I may have earned a spot among the top 1000 cumulative scores, but I'm only human.

Looking at the current voting gauntlet system, it's hard to say whether choosing losers is the right call to maximize feathers. A losing team has less competition for that team's ranking, but team specific ranks have feather rewards that start out small and get larger in later rounds. By round 3, having spent flags at all on previous rounds puts you at a disadvantage for the biggest payout - round 3 team ranks.

The way I see it, if you're confident you can check the Gauntlet every hour out of a day in case of a multiplier, choosing losers should definitely net you some profit. But only in that case.

My cumulative rank was #6730 and Team Robin rank #9426. Not bad.