Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

50 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, but there were also several times where neither of them had it.

Indeed, but I would like to know if that math did factor those variables for their conclusion. Not that this is exactly the great questions of life anything like but still.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Should I assume that it's not as simple as just to divide the entire scores with 3? I mean there were multiple times where both Tharja & Robin did get the multiplier bonus.

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, but there were also several times where neither of them had it.

Robin had 5 hours of the bonus. Tharja had 2. I took the cumulative score from those hours, multiplied by 2/3rds and subtracted that from their overall total scores.

57 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Robin had 5 hours of the bonus. Tharja had 2. I took the cumulative score from those hours, multiplied by 2/3rds and subtracted that from their overall total scores.

Yeesh! Nearly a 6 billion difference. I suppose we should be grateful. Especially compare to Camilla VS Minerva. That entire thing was just wrong.

40 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Why? Even if you hate Tharja, why Raigh?

Why NOT Raigh?  If I had the resources, I'd do something like this!

16 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Because Leo has cavalry buffs. Because Tharja double tap everything. Because Sanaki can OHKO with ease. 

I guess it's fine if it's just character favoritism, but when it come to gameplay...

Any -blade user wants a team built around them.  Raigh is an interesting unit - assuming +Spd/-Res, you're looking at a unit that's VERY similar to neutral Tharja.  If 2 Spd is the end of the world, then so be it.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Any -blade user wants a team built around them.  Raigh is an interesting unit - assuming +Spd/-Res, you're looking at a unit that's VERY similar to neutral Tharja.  If 2 Spd is the end of the world, then so be it.

Raigh loses a few compared to Tharja so it isn't the "end of the world", but building a +Spd Raigh is just unnecessary. You'd literally be doing it because:

1. You've lost your mind

2. You're drunk

3. You like Raigh A LOT

4. Your Tharja sucks

5. You have an extra Tharja

6. You're drunk

7. To prove any unit can be good

My Tharja is -Spd but I don't have a +Spd Raigh though. Otherwise I'd do it because I'm drunk

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Raigh loses a few compared to Tharja so it isn't the "end of the world", but building a +Spd Raigh is just unnecessary. You'd literally be doing it because:

1. You've lost your mind

2. You're drunk

3. You like Raigh A LOT

4. Your Tharja sucks

5. You have an extra Tharja

6. You're drunk

7. To prove any unit can be good

My Tharja is -Spd but I don't have a +Spd Raigh though. Otherwise I'd do it because I'm drunk

Or because you have that +Spd Raigh.  Again, it's not the literal end of the world, and if it's a -blade tome, you're running buffs anyway.

Which is a moot point in my case, since I don't have her.

Just now, eclipse said:

Or because you have that +Spd Raigh.

Well that was a given

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Again, it's not the literal end of the world, and if it's a -blade tome, you're running buffs anyway.

Which is a moot point in my case, since I don't have her.

Well if you're anything like me (which you probably aren't), you'll expect some results

And when Raigh doesn't double when Tharja would have, I'd probably kick myself in the neck for sacrificing her. But hey! In the name of doing something nuts right?

#BraveLanceAzuraBecauseWhyNot

Spoiler

Also, the match-up I ran was Darting Blow Tharja vs. Darting Blow Raigh. I gave them both fury (Neutral Tharja and +Spd -Res Raigh) and Raigh loses 2 matchups while Tharja loses no matchups, and actually gains a draw because the defense boost took away a loss.

Added attack buff

Tharja gets 75 wins

Raigh gets 65 wins

10 is sizable I guess

Added speed and attack buff

Raigh gets 97 wins (ain't too half bad)

Tharja gets 105 wins (better)

Lets do just speed buff for keks

Tharja gets 83 wins

Raigh gets 75 wins

Just some calcs in case you were interested in the difference :)

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Well that was a given

Well if you're anything like me (which you probably aren't), you'll expect some results

And when Raigh doesn't double when Tharja would have, I'd probably kick myself in the neck for sacrificing her. But hey! In the name of doing something nuts right?

#BraveLanceAzuraBecauseWhyNot

Reveal hidden contents

There's good and bad at looking at a unit in a vacuum.  The good is that you get an idea of their relative strength.  The bad is that it doesn't take into account a lot of things, like whatever specific situation you're fighting in.  Do those edge cases matter?  Probably not, in the giant grand scheme of things - something's either dead, or it isn't, and doing 55 x 2 damage to someone with 40 HP has the exact same result as doing 55 damage.

I have yet to lose because of a single point of Speed.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's good and bad at looking at a unit in a vacuum.  The good is that you get an idea of their relative strength.  The bad is that it doesn't take into account a lot of things, like whatever specific situation you're fighting in.  Do those edge cases matter?  Probably not, in the giant grand scheme of things - something's either dead, or it isn't, and doing 55 x 2 damage to someone with 40 HP has the exact same result as doing 55 damage.

I have yet to lose because of a single point of Speed.

And then when you add the context of your team, you realise just what you're doing.

According to the calculator, my Nino, with both Lilina and Linde support, can kill everyone except some red units like Xander, Ike, Ryoma, as well as Effie. Is this all right?

...Well, if I'm in this position, I've got a perfectly good Linde right next to her that has +8 Attack due to standing next to Nino...

Just gonna say, If I ever got a second Tharja (the first if I ever get it is for Leo), she would go to Raigh.  I like Raigh, he deserves at least some bias from me.

(Coming from someone considering a bias 5* promotion for Odin).

Can't believe people are still on this topic lol ;; but while we are...

I happen to have a second Tharja and have been trying to decide who to give her blade to lol. Leo's the obv choice ofc though I was also considering Henry (have all the dank mages though behehe). 

If I had second Tharja... I would make Tharja+1. Of course not having Sanaki make it much easier decision but it's not like like you  often need multiple red mages so one stronger instead is better.

Edited by Tenzen12

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

If I had second Tharja... I would make Tharja+1. Of course not having Sanaki make it much easier decision but it's not like like you  often need multiple red mages so one stronger instead is better.

Very true, but I wanted to try the novelty of building all the dark mages and possibly having an all-them arena defense team lol. 

• 5 weeks later...

The new rules of adding more bonus to the inferor team by time makes it harder to decide whether to spend flags on each win.

I'm gonna support Lissa!

Edited by Rosetta

Assuming I'm reading it right, the other Twitter post right before it says that the disadvantage bonus multiplier will increase as the time remaining decreases, up to a maximum of 7.5×.

As for the announcement itself...