Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

If you have not too many flags left I'd suggest possibly saving them for the finale when we need them most; but that's just my suggestion

Not that my one hundred would've mattered anyway but yeah, I shouldn't have spent them right now.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not that my one hundred would've mattered anyway but yeah, I shouldn't have spent them right now.

Every little bit we have matters right now

this is FE history we're making. It's the same week Echoes comes internationally.

it will forever be known as either the Week of Naga, where we finally bask in the knowledge and wisdom of FE's history after ages of darkness internationally, guided by the anointed vessal of the Divine Dragon King herself, or the Week of Grima, where the Fell Dragon and his sorcererous servant blot out what light we have for an age yet longer (and some things that happen in Echoes could tie into Week of Grima but won't spoil anything here)

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Seems like there's plenty of other people on Team Julia that still have 1000+ flags.   Teams Julia and Sanaki both probably had people reserving their flags for the battle against Tharja and a lot of the Sanaki supporters (myself included) probably went with Julia in the aftermath of the first round.

I'll still have 810 left over after this current multiplier and if two more come along I should be able to even get into the top rankings but I guess I'll observe the situation tomorrow and if the circumstances call for it reserve 400 for the last hour.  If the scores keep growing though it'll probably be impossible to turn things around even with the multiplier if that 10% gets any bigger.

2 minutes ago, Evat said:

If the scores keep growing though it'll probably be impossible to turn things around even with the multiplier if that 10% gets any bigger.

No, please don't give up hope yet! Our fate is not written!!

Just now, The_antithesis said:

No, please don't give up hope yet! Our fate is not written!!

We need to stay at a equilibrium where we are almost at 9.99% behind Tharja, let up in the hours up to the final hour only slightly, then floor it in the final hour when Tharja oversteps that 10% difference

11 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Every little bit we have matters right now

this is FE history we're making. It's the same week Echoes comes internationally.

it will forever be known as either the Week of Naga, where we finally bask in the knowledge and wisdom of FE's history after ages of darkness internationally, guided by the anointed vessal of the Divine Dragon King herself, or the Week of Grima, where the Fell Dragon and his sorcererous servant blot out what light we have for an age yet longer (and some things that happen in Echoes could tie into Week of Grima but won't spoil anything here)

Dang, this actually does have lore importance. Well, time to spend those flags! For the divine dragon's protection, and all that is right and good, we WILL stop Tharja!

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

Dang, this actually does have lore importance. Well, time to spend those flags! For the divine dragon's protection, and all that is right and good, we WILL stop Tharja!

Just remember to save 400 flags for the final hour of the gauntlet and be mindful of the 10% gap that we need to trigger in the final hour, Naga willing

it wouldn't hurt to get anyone who's a free agent to join the fight with Julia while we can either

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

We need to stay at a equilibrium where we are almost at 9.99% behind Tharja, let up in the hours up to the final hour only slightly, then floor it in the final hour when Tharja oversteps that 10% difference

I guess we'll have to see what we get out of this burst to better judge what we can expect down the line.  It's safe to assume that there will be plenty of people with the mindset to save 400 flags for the last hour and that some of them will pass on this one or miss it because of their timezone so whatever we get here we can possible expect a bit more in a final hour multiplier.  If that's not looking like it'll be over 10% (lets say 12-14%) to take into account last hour Tharja hoarders then it might be a better bet to try staying even if possible and going all out at towards the end.

It'll probably be another 8 hours or so until the endgame of this match will start to come into view and we'll see whether or not there will be a chance to even aim for the multiplier turn around.  Last round Team Julia kind of stalled out at the end which prevented Team Sanaki from getting their multiplier and there is a possibility (albeit small) that the bandwagoning hoards of Team Tharja will have enough of a mind to do the same.  Plenty of people from Team Julia have probably not been doing any battles in order to drop into range for the multiplier so we don't yet know it there's a possibility of keeping pace with Team Tharja if everyone goes all in for the last day and the burns 400 flags in the last hour or even 800 in the last two to just barely pull ahead.

In the end though there will be no victory for Team Julia if the community and all of it's lurkers don't settle on one plan of attack and work together which will probably be to wait for the last hour multiplier (since it's easier/simpler).  I just want to bring up more options which might potentially improve our odds of victory so please feel free to deny or agree with anything I brought up here.

I think this is a pretty good time to ask, when exactly do multipliers happen for each character in these gauntlets? I have no idea when to spend or save flags.

Edited by Zeo

15 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

It's way too early to call it especially with flag hoarders on team Julia still

Well since the score difference necessary to trigger the multiplier again will probably be somewhere around a billion towards the end tomorrow we'll have to get double the turnout we just saw here to account for the flag hoarders that team Team Tharja surely has as well.  This also takes into account the assumption that Team Tharja will earn enough points tomorrow to create the necessary difference for the multiplier to appear.

The score right now is rather close so I'm in favor of going all out to try and maintain it with 1 flag votes and them using all remaining flags in the last hours to hopefully pull ahead.  Although to be honest the chances of that working are about as bad as waiting for a lucky last minute multiplier but personally I'd rather try a straight up fight than place my fate in the foolishness and goodwill of my enemy.

There's also always the option to save your flags for the next round as well but that's for pussies (saved his flags last round).

Edited by Evat

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I think this is a pretty good time to ask, when exactly do multipliers happen for each character in these gauntlets? I have no idea when to spend or save flags.

Once an hour, the score updates. If the leading team has a difference of 10% or more than the opponent, the opponent gets a ×3 bonus for the next hour.

Wow. I'm actually doing really well on this one. Who knew all you needed to do was have the character, pick a loser to get the 3x flag modifier, and spend flags only while they're active? =w= First time I've actually been in the top scoring bracket, here's hoping I actually get to stay here for those sweet, sweet feather gains .w.

7 hours ago, Taxon said:

Absolutely. I would totally be up for having a friendly discussion. Even if we both maintain our stances on the character by the end of it, I will have at least gotten the chance to sample the perspective of someone who seems to have interpreted Tharja in almost the exact opposite way I have. Best case scenario, you might even temper my hate a little.

...Not having this conversation tonight though. Way too tired.

NP dude no rush, no worries. 

Tharja 9,999,728,565 (almost 10billion)

Julia 9,525,555,470

This is quite disappointing. If Julia’s team keeps staying behind like this and not getting closer even with the 3x boost, I have to save my flags for the inevitable Tharja vs Leo Robin. That said, how’s the Leo/Robin match fairing?

54 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Welp. We lose.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170515-081613.thumb.png.cfa1d74ab1fcb700e686834109dec178.png

2 minutes ago, Jeheza said:

Tharja 9,999,728,565 (almost 10billion)

Julia 9,525,555,470

This is quite disappointing. If Julia’s team keeps staying behind like this and not getting closer even with the 3x boost, I have to save my flags for the inevitable Tharja vs Leo Robin. That said, how’s the Leo/Robin match fairing?

Team Julia has shown that they can pull over 1 billion points in a single hour, so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if many of Julia's supporters are hoarding flags for the last hour. I highly doubt Team Tharja's going to have another chance to have the 3× bonus at this rate, though.

Let the fact that I'm sitting on 1420 flags, likely not going to be used until the next round, with a x3 bonus, sink in. By which I mean you haven't even seen Tharja's final form!

Ah ah... Before sleep, the last battle of last night didn't go well... There was a Titania...

None of Linde, Robin or Reinhardt did one damage. I just give up and go to sleep. Horrible.

Edited by Ledrert