Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah there HAVE been a lot of those xWx we've been managing somehow, though! Tarilaan's Fred has been helping a lot with them xD

DD: ... aaah so that's the state of things with the Lv40 side. I've been cheesing with a Lv35 Leo so any Lv 40 friend unit is crushing it. Alright, switching Jeorge out for DB+Luna Reinhardt for those pesky Robins just in case. Can also offer a skilled Hector if needed. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, komasa said:

DD: ... aaah so that's the state of things with the Lv40 side. I've been cheesing with a Lv35 Leo so any Lv 40 friend unit is crushing it. Alright, switching Jeorge out for DB+Luna Reinhardt for those pesky Robins just in case. Can also offer a skilled Hector if needed. 

Hector always does well in my experiences! :3 But whatever you think you need dude, Jeorge has gotten me some pretty clutch kills as well :o your call!

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So what does it mean for the winner of the Voting Gauntlet as a whole? I didnt participate in one yet so I have no idea how these work.

Each round everyone on a winning team gets 500 bonus feathers.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

So what does it mean for the winner of the Voting Gauntlet as a whole? I didnt participate in one yet so I have no idea how these work.

The winning team gets 500 feathers, but even as someone who's on the team likely to win I'll still say that picking the team you think is going to win isn't the best way to get feathers out of the gauntlet... But if you haven't picked a team yet, can I interest you in the beautiful and amazing Tharja?

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

what are you referring to, specifically? just what does winning do? Nothing really, except piss people off who don't like her and get the people who voted for her 500 flags for picking the winning team per round lol. Nothing much beyond the distinction of being the most popular character in a given batch. 

Honestly, I think that the final winner should have gotten more than 500 feathers. Or the feathers of the winning team raises for those that have stuck with them through each round. Hell, the grand prize should be 20,000 feathers if you ask me. Let someone have the ability to get 1 character to go 5* at least.

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

The winning team gets 500 feathers, but even as someone who's on the team likely to win I'll still say that picking the team you think is going to win isn't the best way to get feathers out of the gauntlet... But if you haven't picked a team yet, can I interest you in the beautiful and amazing Tharja?

Already voted Tharja, sent in at least 500 flags. I was just wondering what I am going to get out of it at the end of it all if she wins.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Honestly, I think that the final winner should have gotten more than 500 feathers. Or the feathers of the winning team raises for those that have stuck with them through each round. Hell, the grand prize should be 20,000 feathers if you ask me. Let someone have the ability to get 1 character to go 5* at least.

Eh, I have tons of feathers. My problem is that I cant get the damn badges to up them to 5 stars anyway. If I could just get more of those it would be great.

Edited by Tolvir

It's just a popularity contest more or less. The winners of the first two (Lucina and Camilla respectively) haven't gotten anything special for winning. However, we all will get 20 orbs, 5 of each Great Badge and 5,000 Universal Crystals sometime after the gauntlet for exceeding 10 billion points during the gauntlet.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ah... I both like and hate that idea, but it would only heighten the problem of people going for the popular choice. Even if they take out obvious winners, with a reward like that, people will still try to guess the winner. I actually find it amusing thinking of all the salt that would arise with a reward like that.

Already voted Tharja, sent in at least 500 flags. I was just wondering what I am going to get out of it at the end of it all if she wins.

Eh, I have tons of feathers. My problem is that I cant get the damn emblems to up them to 5 stars anyway. If I could just get more of those it would be great.

Wanna trade? I'm in dire need of feathers but have far more emblems than I'll ever use in a lifetime (over 2000 normal badges and about 800 great badges of every color).

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Wanna trade? I'm in dire need of feathers but have far more emblems than I'll ever use in a lifetime (over 2000 normal badges and about 800 great badges of every color).

I had no idea trading was a thing.

As far as feathers go I have about 27,500. How many do you need?

I had no idea trading was a thing.

As far as feathers go I have about 27,500. How many do you need?

It's not. I just wish it was.

Honestly? I want at least triple that number (or more) for the various character builds I have in mind, all of which involve 5*ing units for skill fodder (like 5*ing Hana to give away Life and Death or 5*ing Gordin to give away Brave Bow+)

You can NEVER have too many feathers as there will always be people to 5*. Or at least that's the case for me.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's not. I just wish it was.

Honestly? I want at least triple that number (or more) for the various character builds I have in mind, all of which involve 5*ing units for skill fodder (like 5*ing Hana to give away Life and Death or 5*ing Gordin to give away Brave Bow+)

Had my hopes up there, lol.

All of my badges are below 10, except for transparent. I have 30 there, but no one to really use it on right now. What I really need is red and green.

Welp. I just had a funny battle. The enemy team had an alm with no weapon equipped which raised some eyebrows. What makes it better is that Leo called him a 'contemptible fool' activating draconic aura and one shotting him

Just now, Tolvir said:

All of my badges are below 10, except for transparent. I have 30 there, but no one to really use it on right now. What I really need is red and green.

I'm surprised you have so many feathers but so few badges. 99% of people I've spoken to have the exact opposite problem: more badges than is even possible to spend but not anywhere near enough feathers. 

29 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hector always does well in my experiences! :3 But whatever you think you need dude, Jeorge has gotten me some pretty clutch kills as well :o your call!

Alright, Hector then. I'm chill about the rep until tomorrow since I've already secured what I need for the arena this season ;)

11 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

When you start grinding for SP and leveling characters in the training tower, you'll get flooded with badges before you know it. Don't worry too much about badges, and just be super greedy about feathers. No such thing as too much feathers lol

16 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I didn't even know that was even possible. Do you not go on the Training Grounds? You can get tons of badges there daily.

15 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm surprised you have so many feathers but so few badges. 99% of people I've spoken to have the exact opposite problem: more badges than is even possible to spend but not anywhere near enough feathers. 

Weird, I have been doing the training tower stuff, but I rarely get badges that I need out of it. I get a lot of the lower badges for 3 star characters, but not very many for 4 star.

3 minutes ago, komasa said:

Alright, Hector then. I'm chill about the rep until tomorrow since I've already secured what I need for the arena this season ;)

When you start grinding for SP and leveling characters in the training tower, you'll get flooded with badges before you know it. Don't worry too much about badges, and just be super greedy about feathers. No such thing as too much feathers lol

I hope so, been grinding the tower for a while now and havent been getting much in return.

Weird, I have been doing the training tower stuff, but I rarely get badges that I need out of it. I get a lot of the lower badges for 3 star characters, but not very many for 4 star.

Play the harder levels in the Training Grounds. That's where you get the great badges.

29 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's... a pretty terrible idea TBH...? At least, it is if they keep putting obvious winners like Camilla and Tharja in the banner... (which, honestly, needs to stop anyway...)

But the Gauntlet has enough problems with people 'joining the obvious winner just for feathers' already, even if that's not actually true, and if that was the case then why would ANYone join any side but the obvious winner? No, no that won't work, esp not with the slow trickle of feathers they're intent on giving us most of the time lol. 

17 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Welp. I just had a funny battle. The enemy team had an alm with no weapon equipped which raised some eyebrows. What makes it better is that Leo called him a 'contemptible fool' activating draconic aura and one shotting him

Amazing. A++

3 minutes ago, komasa said:

Aight dude NP ;3

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Play the harder levels in the Training Grounds. That's where you get the great badges.

That has been what I have been doing. Its how I got my 5 star Robin and Nowi to 40. You are talking about the Stratum's right?

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

That's... a pretty terrible idea TBH...? At least, it is if they keep putting obvious winners like Camilla and Tharja in the banner... (which, honestly, needs to stop anyway...)

But the Gauntlet has enough problems with people 'joining the obvious winner just for feathers' already, even if that's not actually true, and if that was the case then why would ANYone join any side but the obvious winner? No, no that won't work, esp not with the slow trickle of feathers they're intent on giving us most of the time lol. 

Okay, I admit that it does give the "obvious winners" more reason to go for that, but you have to admit that the winners should at least get a little more out of this. If anything, the rounds seemed to always give it that the "obvious winners" suffer the most in terms of feathers. 

That has been what I have been doing. Its how I got my 5 star Robin and Nowi to 40. You are talking about the Stratum's right?

Yes, like the last three Stratums. If you keep playing there, you'll earn badges. I mean, I've already collected hundreds of Great Badges. Way more than I can use even. I wish I could convert some badges or crystals to feathers or something. I usually never use them.

I almost feel bad about Team Leo... Like you guys said, I severely underestimated the popularity of Smash and Awakening combined....

Well, this probably means we can beat Tharja, so its all good, r-right...?