Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really scared Tharja might just lose this.. Robin is guaranteed to get 1 more multiplier and he can pull in 3 billion with it :/

It's gonna take several hours for Tharja to catch up, and then even more hours to pull away from Robin. It's very likely that it will take so much time that when Robin do get the bonus, there will only be a couple of hours left which makes him win.

I really have to admit, I'll be fucking salty as hell if my fav character loses because of some bullshit rubber banding from IS ;_;

I figure wait until you absolutely have to spend what you have, even if you aren't expecting a multiplier. Sitting on what will be 930 flags myself, so I'ma wait until there's only eight more chances to spend.

The match up is far more even than I expected, however it is still in tharja's favour since she is still in the lead for a greater total time than Robin but it's closer to a 40-60 split than the 25-75 that Julia had 

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

I figure wait until you absolutely have to spend what you have, even if you aren't expecting a multiplier. Sitting on what will be 930 flags myself, so I'ma wait until there's only eight more chances to spend.

You also need to take into account that you might lose or not be able to play.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think there may be two-three at max.

2 is already pushing it. Remember that the multiplier requires a 10% lead on one character. We're already pushing to 15 billion now I believe. Its unlikely that we'll get more than 1 more multiplier for Robin. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

You also need to take into account that you might lose or not be able to play.

Lose?  Never 

Not able to play?  Are you saying your life is more important than the gauntlet

My Tharja strategy: count my flags (by tomorrow, I'll have 2500), divide by 400 (the maximum number of flags that can be spent per hour), and that's how much time you'll need to burn them all (in my case, 6.5 hours). Tomorrow I'll probably go to bed at 3:30-4:00 am, as usual, so I'll start spending at 21:30. That way, by the time I go to bed I've burned all of them and there will only 2 hours left for the gauntlet to finish. If most Tharja players spend all their flags by the end, like me, we'll ensure to: a) make a large gap by the time they get the multiplier and b) by spending flags while they are on the multiplier we're simply making it even harder to catch up. I'm pretty sure not many Tharjans spent flags during the last Robin multiplier, hence why they got that lead. At the end, that's not going to happen and Tharja will win.

Everything rides on how the multiplier works. I don't think we can win unless we get another multiplier. Honestly, its because of the multiplier that they added that we even have a chance in the first place. 

Apparently Robin got a multiplier at some point and I missed it because I was working.

Oh well, work is more important anyway.

3 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

My Tharja strategy: count my flags (by tomorrow, I'll have 2500), divide by 400 (the maximum number of flags that can be spent per hour), and that's how much time you'll need to burn them all (in my case, 6.5 hours). Tomorrow I'll probably go to bed at 3:30-4:00 am, as usual, so I'll start spending at 21:30. That way, by the time I go to bed I've burned all of them and there will only 2 hours left for the gauntlet to finish. If most Tharja players spend all their flags by the end, like me, we'll ensure to: a) make a large gap by the time they get the multiplier and b) by spending flags while they are on the multiplier we're simply making it even harder to catch up. I'm pretty sure not many Tharjans spent flags during the last Robin multiplier, hence why they got that lead. At the end, that's not going to happen and Tharja will win.

I really do hope you're right, but I can't help but feel nervous.. Tharja's gains have been declining slightly, while Robin is going steady and even increasing sometimes.

Just now, Magnux7 said:

I really do hope you're right, but I can't help but feel nervous.. Tharja's gains have been declining slightly, while Robin is going steady and even increasing sometimes.

... Heh... 

SEE THAT ROBINS! We are making the Tharja fans sweat! Even they feel the twinge of fear! We must not lose pace! Keep fighting! We shall prevail and overcome the challenge! 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

... Heh... 

SEE THAT ROBINS! We are making the Tharja fans sweat! Even they feel the twinge of fear! We must not lose pace! Keep fighting! We shall prevail and overcome the challenge! 

Duh.. Imagine the feeling if your fav character loses something they actually should have won because of some unfair multiplier. This is basically a popularity contest and it doesn't feel right when IS manipulates the results :/

2 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Duh.. Imagine the feeling if your fav character loses something they actually should have won because of some unfair multiplier. This is basically a popularity contest and it doesn't feel right when IS manipulates the results :/

It's more fun this way. Tharja would've won in a very obvious, boring, and unfair landslide if the multiplier wasn't a thing.

1 minute ago, Magnux7 said:

IS makes the rules. It's up to them what the criteria for when a character "should" win are.

Just now, Magnux7 said:

Imagine how boring the gauntlet would be if everyone knew the final result before the gauntlet even started and had absolutely no way to affect it, it's not like the actual winner gets any gain from the win so the only thing to draw from it is the joy of the fight 

3 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Yes. But because of IS creating this multiplier system, we FINALLY have a match that's NOT one sided. Can you imagine how sad it was that Lucina and Camilla dominated the charts so easily, crushing everyone in their way without so much as breaking a sweat? Well, I was okay with Lucina, since I love her character, but Camilla I was meh about. But even if I like a character, the sense of challenge, the competition existing, the possibility of a turbabout, these things are what makes the situation fun! 

You know what's NOT fun? Having the battle be completely one sided and the person that's badly losing to think: why bother?

And what else is not fun is how these focus characters arrives but you get different 5* characters.

Just now, Magnux7 said:

Imagine if your favorite character isn't the top Waifu pick and you don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. If the gaunlet playes by the old rules, Tharja would win by a landslide in every round, just like Camilla. With the x3 comeback system there is actually competition and strategy.

Methinks you guys are taking the eventual results of the gauntlet a little too seriously. It really doesn't matter whether your character wins or loses, the primary objective should be to have fun. And if you're not having fun, then why are you even playing?

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

Then I guess we should stop with the term "popularity contest" and adress it as a proper gauntlet lol

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Methinks you guys are taking the eventual results of the gauntlet a little too seriously. It really doesn't matter whether your character wins or loses, just as long as you're having fun. And if you're not having fun, then why are you even playing?

I for one am having fun. I'll even accept a loss because at least I had a sensation that I could have won.

Just now, a bear said:

who needs victory when we've got feathers

Speaking of feathers, this multiplier's actually gotten my rank to skyrocket. Now I'll get even more feathers. :D

Good thing too. Managed to get 20k feathers a while ago and used it to get this Robin I got from a roll that had the perfect stats I wanted. Then I combined it with my Robin +1 with it, making the Robin +2.