Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Jeez guys :L 

What I mean is, instead of adding some bullshit unfair bonus for less popular heroes, IS should rather focus on making Gauntlets with even match ups. 

They shouldn't put 1 juggernaut against 7 niche heroes. Rather put the juggs up against other juggs.

That would make the Gauntlet more even without having to manipulate results.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popularity? To hell with that, lol. I'll just optimize my flag usage and team selection based on how many feathers I can get (for which I regret joining Team Robin round 2; could've gotten more points if I had joined Team Leo even if I didn't have him, since he had the multiplier more often).

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I'm surprised that Robin is still managing to hold onto the lead for so long.  I wonder what it would have been like without the x3.  I've only seen it come up once.  It might have been closer than people would have guessed.  Maybe I'm just unlucky and haven't been able to play when the x3 was up.

5 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

What I mean is, instead of adding some bullshit unfair bonus for less popular heroes, IS should rather focus on making Gauntlets with even match ups. 

They shouldn't put 1 juggernaut against 7 niche heroes. Rather put the juggs up against other juggs.

... Not really. Think about it. You honestly expect that we wouldn't pick one character of the bunch we like the most and that will be the obvious choice winner. Sexy, usefulness, waifu, familiarity, or something else, we'd make our reasons for choosing someone. Furthermore, its unlikely they can predict the perfect match ups that are sure to win. 

The multiplier was added to actually give a flair of some strategy even here, where you have to try and determine how to use the flags and to save them or to wait it out. The multiplier is the decent method of giving a fighting chance on seemingly hopeless situations. 

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised that Robin is still managing to hold onto the lead for so long.  I wonder what it would have been like without the x3.  I've only seen it come up once.  It might have been closer than people would have guessed.  Maybe I'm just unlucky and haven't been able to play when the x3 was up.

I'm going to guess that Tharja members are waiting to see if he can pull ahead JUST enough for a x3 before firing off a round of flags.  Odds are it won't happen due to team size differences, but I guess time zones could change that.

Personally speaking, and being on Team Tharja, the multiplier mechanic has definitely made this a more engaging and nail-biting experience.  I'm digging it.  And like...as much as I'd like to win, this definitely makes me feel more invested in the event and in the team battles.

1 minute ago, Magnux7 said:

This. If IS wants the gauntlet to be about determining which of its 8 contestants is the most popular, then the multiplier mechanic is an awful idea because it makes it possible for a less popular character to beat a more popular character. That defeats the entire point of a popularity contest when we have a less popular character win entirely thanks to a stupid mechanic when that character would have gotten crushed by the more popular character without the multiplier. The much better fix would be to, yes, pair characters of equal popularity with each other instead of having one character who is overwhelmingly more popular than the other seven. I just really don't like the fact that this mechanic has the potential to screw over characters who are actually more popular than their opponents in a POPULARITY contest.

28 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I really do hope you're right, but I can't help but feel nervous.. Tharja's gains have been declining slightly, while Robin is going steady and even increasing sometimes.

Tharja should be fine. Her team should have more flags saved up and with that 10% gap is going to be pretty massive by the time Robin's next and probably last bonus comes around.

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I'm going to guess that Tharja members are waiting to see if he can pull ahead JUST enough for a x3 before firing off a round of flags.  Odds are it won't happen due to team size differences, but I guess time zones could change that.

I don't think Tharja'll get the x3 again.  Robin is ahead, but he's not increasing his lead.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

I might have to take a break from the community (SF's Heroes subforum) soon. The boasting and jeering are honestly grating on my nerves.

Honestly this has been me with other social media surrounding the gauntlet.  I've found that there's been a lot of negativity floating around and...as much as I'm enjoying the new gauntlet mechanics, I'm finding a lot of the discourse in different tags, etc. to be pretty toxic.

With Serenes I don't feel like it's been as bad, but...yeah.

I for one don't care too much about the feathers. Have enough of them already and it's more of a small bonus to me. If I want feathers I'll just grind the arena to be honest x)

This is about supporting the characters I love and hopefully give them more exploit. That's the case for me at least ^^

Just now, Rezzy said:

I don't think Tharja'll get the x3 again.  Robin is ahead, but he's not increasing his lead.

If there's even a 0.03% chance that Robin increases his lead enough to trigger it, might as well save them a little longer to see if it'll happen.  I do agree though that it isn't likely to happen without Tharja first barely surpassing him enough to trigger another x3 for him to get ahead of her like this morning where he had like double her points.

Another thing I've noticed is I've been getting a lot more random allies that aren't level 40.  In the old battles, it pretty much always gave me a random 40, but now 50% of the time, it's like a like 30 or something.

4 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Robin's not pulling further ahead, Tharja's just not catching up as fast as before. And really that's a good thing, since if it takes a long time to pass him again that means he'll never get the 3x multiplier again before it's over. I'll be saving my flags till tomorrow. I only spent any today when we actually got a couple 3x multipliers this morning.

24 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

You are too stuck on that "popularity contest" thing. It's not called that way. It's clash of two fandoms over their character supremacy where both numbers and strategy matter. Sometimes stronger army win by zerg rush other time they loose to cunning ambush. 

Gauntlet is much more entertaining then popularity contest would be. So rather than bashing system you should do your best for character you like.

Edited by Tenzen12

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Robin's not pulling further ahead, Tharja's just not catching up as fast as before. And really that's a good thing, since if it takes a long time to pass him again that means he'll never get the 3x multiplier again before it's over. I'll be saving my flags till tomorrow. I only spent any today when we actually got a couple 3x multipliers this morning.

Don't be too sure. We have about 25 hours remaining before the match is over. Within that time, if Tharja pulls ahead of Robin and we get one more multiplier, we can one again turn the entire match around and win the lead.

14 minutes ago, redshirtontherock said:

Honestly this has been me with other social media surrounding the gauntlet.  I've found that there's been a lot of negativity floating around and...as much as I'm enjoying the new gauntlet mechanics, I'm finding a lot of the discourse in different tags, etc. to be pretty toxic.

With Serenes I don't feel like it's been as bad, but...yeah.

The recent comments are dampening the hype for me. It wasn't as bad in the earlier rounds as the community was much more divided. At this point, all I really care about is just the feathers. I got more than enough to 5-star either Tharja or the eventual Camus (if they do release a GHB for him; waiting on a release window) but really want more feathers so I can promote both sooner (or perhaps somebody else if I find the unit potentially good).

13 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I for one don't care too much about the feathers. Have enough of them already and it's more of a small bonus to me. If I want feathers I'll just grind the arena to be honest x)

This is about supporting the characters I love and hopefully give them more exploit. That's the case for me at least ^^

I'm trying to do both; I want feathers since I'm no whale, dolphin, or even minnow and I prefer to support a character I actually have when the gauntlet started (supported Sharena and Cordelia for the previous gauntlets); for my case, my only choices were Tharja (4* +Spd/-HP) and Henry (3* +HP/-Atk). Tharja was ultimately my go-to since I doubt I could win many matches using a statistically handicapped Henry (24 Atk w/ Raudrraven is not exactly award winning); after all, to make the comeback multiplier even matter for me, I have to actually win the matches first and I'm not willing to count on randoms to win all the matches for me (I once got grouped with a Camilla that could only barely scratch an enemy Effie while Effie easily 2HKOs Camilla).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Don't be too sure. We have about 25 hours remaining before the match is over. Within that time, if Tharja pulls ahead of Robin and we get one more multiplier, we can one again turn the entire match around and win the lead.

True, but the gap needed will also get bigger as well, so it'll continue to be harder to hit the difference needed.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

True, but the gap needed will also get bigger as well, so it'll continue to be harder to hit the difference needed.

Yes, even I am aware that there likely can only be 1 more multiplier for Robin left. That'll be the moment that can determine the overall outcome. 

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I wish that was the case, but I'm pretty sure Robin will get 1 last multiplier. Tharja is gaining about 150 million on Robin every hour, and by calculations that should give Robin a multiplier within 25 hours. The worst thing is if he get's it really late and we have no time to catch up again.

The best thing would be for Tharja to gain 200/250 million on Robin every hour, since then he will get the multiplier much sooner and thus we can easily catch up and win.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yes, even I am aware that there likely can only be 1 more multiplier for Robin left. That'll be the moment that can determine the overall outcome. 

I hope to the goddess that that multiplier is not while I'm asleep.

2 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I wish that was the case, but I'm pretty sure Robin will get 1 last multiplier. Tharja is gaining about 150 million on Robin every hour, and by calculations that should give Robin a multiplier within 25 hours. The worst thing is if he get's it really late and we have no time to catch up again.

The best thing would be for Tharja to gain 200/250 million on Robin every hour, since then he will get the multiplier much sooner and thus we can easily catch up and win.

I dunno about you, but this tension is exciting. XD

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I hope to the goddess that that multiplier is not while I'm asleep.

Oh god I hope not! I would hate if I had to miss it cause I was asleep! DX

... Actually, I only got the multiplier in the last night early morning is by chance of waking up early. I just decided to check it out and BAM, multiplier right there. 

Just now, Magnux7 said:

It also might get crazy in the last couple hours aside from that since it's likely a lot of people on both teams are holding their flags for the very end, and if both sides start blowing their flags at the same time it could become a toss up in case it either causes a 3x for Robin (whether he does or doesn't get one before then) or Tharja's numbers still pull it out.