Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My point in bringing that up was to show that there are multiple instances where their wording implies that the gauntlet is meant to be a popularity contest.

If they want the gauntlet to be an actual competition, then they should just create more balanced match-ups instead of tweaking the mechanics of the event probably remove those instances of the phrase "most popular" to not leave the implication that they intend for the gauntlet to be a popularity contest and nothing else.

Yes, they used bad wording when they said "most popular". Twice. And should remove it. I agree completely. 

it's not most  terrible thing that could happen. IS couldl leave gauntlet same as before!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah I don't that's as bad you're thinking it is. If that was the case, every MMA fighter is shameless exhibitionist.

That's exactly my point! We don't have an Advance Wars character that can match Tharja.

...We also don't have an Advance Wars game released recently.

33 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Voting Gauntlet thread drinking game, if you drink, take a shot every time someone accidentally calls flags feathers

Challenge accepted.

36 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still want Lucina to take Lyn down.

Despite being a modern fan, I actually don't mind Ephraim and Ike (well, except when everyone practically worships him).

But why?

You mean tell you aren't believer of Ike is love, Ike is life the ways of Ike? He fights for his friends!

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's exactly my point! We don't have an Advance Wars character that can match Tharja.

...We also don't have an Advance Wars game released recently.

You good sir/ma'am have sincerest condolence. Let us hope one day Advance will make it's comeback just like Fire Emblem.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

You good sir/ma'am have sincerest condolence. Let us hope one day Advance will make it's comeback just like Fire Emblem.

Honestly, I want Sami in Heroes. Purely as Hone Infantry fodder, of course.

39 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Honestly, I want Sami in Heroes. Purely as Hone Infantry fodder, of course.

Fire Emblem Heroes confirm for the forgotten Nintendo series.

Starring

Mach Rider

Takamaru

Mike Jones

Those 2 street brawlers

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Which statement are you questioning?

Both.

Just a couple of words of critisizm in regard to the 3x multiplier and the gauntlet mechanics in general

The winners of the first two gauntlets (popularity contests) were clear even before the gauntlet started. This time the winner (I guess Robin wont get the multiplier in time to sway the outcome) has also been clear. 

The idea of including the 3x multiplier was meant to make things more exciting - and in a way it worked to some degree.  

However, the mechanics of the 3x multiplier are quite unfair.

Here is why: 

Generally speaking the 3x multiplier appears more often at the beginning of the a given gauntlet. That means that Europe and Japan  have the best chances to capitalize on the opportunity. The USA will have to stay up all night, - I guess thats not really cool to do that.

If the popularity of a character is very high, less 3x multiplier opportunities occur and the winning team will have less opportunity to compete in the cumulative vote competition.

Personally I dont like the battle every 30 minutes mechanic - I didnt care about it during the first gauntlets but this time I didnt wanna miss the opportunity to battle twice during 3x time - 

The battles are ridiculous - if you have lv. 40 5* friends on your list, and enter the game with a weak character (guess a  1*wrys would do the job :) ), you will face ridiculously easy battles - if you enter with a lv. 40 5* you may lose some battles, a you may end up with two units of the same color and battle against 3 units that have color advantage.

Easy or hard - the rewards are the same.

In the end I think the gauntlet has a lot to improve - personally I hope they will replace it with something different in the future.

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Your salty tears goes well with my fries.

...This is getting out of hand...

Look, I apologize if my joke offended you or Tharja. Tell her I didn't mean it.

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Hah NW dude we're all friends here, just some friendly ribbin'. Though TBQH the comment about 'mm delicious salt' was aimed more at Anacybele and the folks talkin' about how much they hate Tharja lol.

It seemed a bit more provocational than friendly, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt. :P

I've been away from this thread since the first round, only coming back yesterday night. I gotta say, things seem to have gotten quite a bit more...er, competitive since then. Not in the good way... Regardless of who wins, there is going to be an insane amount of smugness from the victors. I kind of wish it were possible for the gauntlet to end in a draw just to avoid that.

4 minutes ago, Taxon said:

It seemed a bit more provocational than friendly, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt. :P

I've been away from this thread since the first round, only coming back yesterday night. I gotta say, things seem to have gotten quite a bit more...er, competitive since then. Not in the good way... Regardless of who wins, there is going to be an insane amount of smugness from the victors. I kind of wish it were possible for the gauntlet to end in a draw just to avoid that.

Somehow the competition does, in fact, end in a draw.

Somehow.

I keep telling all of you to me more like me and to stop giving two shits about who wins the gauntlet or whether your team is winning.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I keep telling all of you to me more like me and to stop giving two shits about who wins the gauntlet or how your team is doing.

I stopped caring after Round 2. Round 2 was the shit. (Round 1 was cool too)

The only thing I really care about right now is how the fuck I'm going to get rid of 1200 flags before this gauntlet ends (and if we get a multiplier whether I'll be online for it or not). I mean, even if my first choice was eliminated round 1 I'm still having fun and trying to participate without trying to gloat or attack my opponent. But I am at times finding myself becoming legitimately angry over the actions of both factions here.

28 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Tharja ain't my waifu & like Banryu said just fun & games. Don't see why people gotta overreact nor does it give them right to do so.

I love how every time I call it a night/go to bed there's a discussion on why people even like the popular character, and sweeping generalisations are made... :/ I know the discussion is long over, but can we perhaps not judge fans for liking a character, whatever the reason?

Edited by Frenzify

I am going to keep my 2700 feather tier somehow, that's all I'm caring about. The 500 victory feathers would also be nice.

Somehow, I'm fairly sure I'm still counting on this season's arena rewards to finish collecting 20000 and promoting Odin.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm still having fun and trying to participate without trying to gloat or attack my opponent. But I am at times finding myself becoming legitimately angry over the actions of both factions here.

This confuses and irritates me too. Is it not fun enough without slinging shit everywhere?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This confuses and irritates me too. Is it not fun enough without slinging shit everywhere?

I imagine that part of it is just competitive nature getting the best of people. But there are other instances that seem just too genuinely hostile, which can go and stay go because it's just going to get people angry at each other.

Basically, I get the feeling that not a lot of people realize where the line is and not to cross it.

35 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I love how everyone time I call it a night, there's a discussion on why people even like the popular character, and sweeping generalisations are made... :/ I know the discussion is long over, but can we perhaps not judge fans for liking a character, whatever the reason?

Well, I can't speak for everyone but my criticisms about Tharja are always about the character herself. I think there is an underlying assumption that if somebody is highly critical of something then they are also negatively judging people who do like the thing they are criticizing. It's especially easy for this to happen through text, where it's more difficult to infer a person's tone. I'm sure a lot of Tharja's detractors would admit to not actively hating her fanbase, myself included.

...'Course, I haven't forgotten about that one guy early on in the thread who immediately called Tharja fans creepy weaboos the moment the topic came up. Now those guys can absolutely go suck a thornberry.

Edited by Taxon

29 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Well, I can't speak for everyone but my criticisms about Tharja are always about the character herself. I think there is an underlying assumption that if somebody is highly critical of something then they are also negatively judging people who do like the thing they are criticizing. It's especially easy for this to happen through text, where it's more difficult to infer a person's tone. I'm sure a lot of Tharja's detractors would admit to not actively hating her fanbase, myself included.

...'Course, I haven't forgotten about that one guy early on in the thread who immediately called Tharja fans creepy weaboos the moment the topic came up. Now those guys can absolutely go suck a thornberry.

Can't say spouting crap like that doesn't warrant an aggressive response.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Can't say spouting crap like that doesn't warrant an aggressive response.

You're gonna have to elaborate. What crap are you referring to?

7 minutes ago, Taxon said:

You're gonna have to elaborate. What crap are you referring to?

43 minutes ago, Taxon said:

'Course, I haven't forgotten about that one guy early on in the thread who immediately called Tharja fans creepy weaboos the moment the topic came up. Now those guys can absolutely go suck a thornberry.

That part specifically. Really no need dick about what someone enjoys & what not.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I keep telling all of you to me more like me and to stop giving two shits about who wins the gauntlet or whether your team is winning.

I stopped caring after both Leo and Julia inevitably lost.

Now I keep forgetting to check for the multiplier on Robin.