Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

Time for today's new cheer and song!!  Brought to you by the Fabulous Prince Leo, so anyone uncertain of who to vote for should vote for him. :D::D:

Who is this prince with the buttercup hair
Who comes from the kingdom of gloom and despair
With hair long and flowing and smarts ever showing
Whose infinite journeys are legends and lore
Its our dear Leo, Second prince of Nohr

If you know him or at least go and try
Deep down he is really a considerate guy
The waifus of evil that lurk in the night
Will cower in fear when our hero prince fights!!!!

Weaving magic like a born spell-caster
And bringing havoc like a natural disaster
He rocks his Bryn-hil-der and tome ligh-ten-ing!!!
He's heir to the crown, so side with the kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

2017-03-08-04-27-27-Fire-Emblem-Heroes-P

Vote for Leo 2017!!!

I was always certain that he was getting my initial vote (like in the first gauntlet) and yet, somehow, now I'm even more convinced xD 

GO LEO!!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

19th doesn't seem too good, but just by the amount of support he has on this forum I'd say he stands a good chance on this one Henry is gonna get annihilated

But Robin did better so we'll see what's gonna happen......

Well, this forum is a relatively small section of the community.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I really hope so since last gauntlet made no sense at all. How can it be wyverns vs pegasi when the last battle is two wyverns?! 

I know it helped Subaki, at least, but I'd've still preferred it the proper way. I'm hoping this one will be, otherwise I can see it becoming girls vs girls since they tend to do better with this fandom (not always, but usually) -.- 

M!Robin might tip things, since he's the avatar, but people tend to prefer their own customised avatar to the more generic one, I reckon. 

I may be in the minority, but I am fine with the generic one. I really just see the Robins as two characters and not avatars especially since Smash.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I may be in the minority, but I am fine with the generic one. I really just see the Robins as two characters and not avatars especially since Smash.

I prefer the generic, mostly 'cos I like having set characters. Plus, I also think the generic Robin and generic Corrin both look very cute :D 

I think it's obvious who I'll be supporting. Remember, there are better times to sleep on the ground and the Mage Mayhem Gauntlet is not one of them!

I'll be interested to see how this Gauntlet turns out with the new rule of the losing team getting triple the amount of points. I guess IS learned from the landslides of Lucina and Camilla.

10 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Time for today's new cheer and song!!  Brought to you by the Fabulous Prince Leo, so anyone uncertain of who to vote for should vote for him. :D::D:

Who is this prince with the buttercup hair
Who comes from the kingdom of gloom and despair
With hair long and flowing and smarts ever showing
Whose infinite journeys are legends and lore
Its our dear Leo, Second prince of Nohr

If you know him or at least go and try
Deep down he is really a considerate guy
The waifus of evil that lurk in the night
Will cower in fear when our hero prince fights!!!!

Weaving magic like a born spell-caster
And bringing havoc like a natural disaster
He rocks his Bryn-hil-der and tome ligh-ten-ing!!!
He's heir to the crown, so side with the kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

*Picture of your favorite prince because he's the best*

Vote for Leo 2017!!!

I wish I had someone to write a cheer for

Between you and Fypo I think SF has enough Leo support. If I join team Leo then its really gonna be a party!

Nobody is as zealous about anyone else though hmmm. A sign perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Quite true, which is why I am not saying for sure what under dog team I'm joining lol

I'm never zealous or enthusiastic about anything.

Except for the Battle Royale I played with my friends last night. Woo Pokemon

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I wish I had someone to write a cheer for

Between you and Fypo I think SF has enough Leo support. If I join team Leo then its really gonna be a party!

Nobody is as zealous about anyone else though hmmm. A sign perhaps?

A sign for you to side with us!  This is honestly making up for me getting to cheer for Leo too much in the first one.  Yes, I was on his side, but I wasn't online a lot :/

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm never zealous or enthusiastic about anything.

How the heck do you even have fun in these things

You should advocate for your team this time around

It makes me happy :)

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

A sign for you to side with us!  This is honestly making up for me getting to cheer for Leo too much in the first one.  Yes, I was on his side, but I wasn't online a lot :/

Leo never had a chance to shine :(

I'm glad he got a second chance. It'll be exciting to see how good he does in this one!

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nah, it's clearly a sign that Leo doesn't need any more support.

Lol Pseudo-advocation!? I like that! XD

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

How the heck do you even have fun in these things

You should advocate for your team this time around

It makes me happy :)

Oh, I do have fun in the gauntlet events. But I'd also like to be able to read my own posts without cringing a week after I post them :P: Being overly enthusiastic suits other people better than me.

45 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have always seen the so-called avatars as fixed characters with a fixed place in the story and plot. The only part we get to customise is their appearance and name; everything else stays the same in a predetermined way.

And I'm fine with that. This is the reason I'm not bothered by such characters at all, unlike many in the community.

@Arcanite, I don't need to be explicitly zealous to support our glorious Empress. (and support her you should too)

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have always seen the so-called avatars as fixed characters with a fixed place in the story and plot. The only part we get to customise is their appearance and name; everything else stays the same in a predetermined way.

And I'm fine with that. This is the reason I'm not bothered by such characters at all, unlike many in the community.

Finally, someone else who looks at it that way. Of course, I'm in an even smaller minority (apparently) of people who think that male and female Robin act differently.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Arcanite, I don't need to be explicitly zealous to support our glorious Empress. (and support her you should too)

Sorry, Vax, I'm going to be supporting the other Empress. That said, good luck to Julia and if you guys go up against Tharja in the finals I'll join you guys then. (That said, we actually have no idea what the match-ups are, do we?)

If I remember correctly, Henry would've got a calendar if Ike's votes were merged. That's how high he was.

Raising one to give Lukas Ignis, I find his voice annoyingly high-pitched and his spells extremely weak.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

"Explicitly zealous" eh?

You make it sound like a crime or something

Being zealous is all a part of the game! If you aren't advocating, then what are you doing? Casually being supportive? Psh!

That being said, some people have expressed it as "being annoying" so I'll tone it down a bit

Spoiler

But watching my twin get hyped up is building up the flood gate of fangirl/boy/robot -ing I'll be doing when I finally choose a team

Be prepared for maximum support

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If I remember correctly, Henry would've got a calendar if Ike's votes were merged. That's how high he was.

Raising one to give Lukas Ignis, I find his voice annoyingly high-pitched and his spells extremely weak.

They butchered some units in this game, Henry and Odin to name a few. I would've preferred Odin to be in this one since more people need Blarblade fodder anyway. I guess they wanted everyone to have a different type of tome for this one.

Edit: The only double copy is raven on Henry and Robin lol

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sorry, Vax, I'm going to be supporting the other Empress. That said, good luck to Julia and if you guys go up against Tharja in the finals I'll join you guys then. (That said, we actually have no idea what the match-ups are, do we?)

Can't blame you, everything is better with empresses, and empresses are awesome. I don't think we actually know the match-ups.

However, I think the previous gauntlet's match-ups were the same as the stand-offs in the splash banner. So this might mean Linde vs. Merric, Sanaki vs. Leo, Julia vs. Robin, and Tharja vs. Henry. Or it might not.

@Arcanite, that's just how I am, yelling omigoshomigoshomigosh and going all-out on advocating is not my cup of tea. Not that I have anything against those who can and like to do it without being too annoying.

Being devoted is great.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

To add insult to injury, Henry only had 44 less votes than Leo and his 10th place.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

To add insult to injury, Henry only had 44 less votes than Leo and his 10th place.

Poor Henry is getting a taste of his own medicine. I guess that IS considered him a lost CAWS...

@TheTuckingFypo seeing all your enthusiasm, I was gonna give you this that I've had for quite some time but was otherwise unused purely for the sake of this gauntlet,  BUT what you've got is nice and simple, yet appealing. 

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can't blame you, everything is better with empresses, and empresses are awesome. I don't think we actually know the match-ups.

However, I think the previous gauntlet's match-ups were the same as the stand-offs in the splash banner. So this might mean Linde vs. Merric, Sanaki vs. Leo, Julia vs. Robin, and Tharja vs. Henry.

And if this prediction turns out to be true, there's a good chance that I might join the fight as an OG  #TeamLeo

RIP Archanea ;~;

11 minutes ago, Motendra said:

@TheTuckingFypo seeing all your enthusiasm, I was gonna give you this that I've had for quite some time but was otherwise unused purely for the sake of this gauntlet,  BUT what you've got is nice and simple, yet appealing. 

And if this prediction turns out to be true, there's a good chance that I might join the fight as an OG  #TeamLeo

RIP Archanea ;~;

OMG it's awesome!!! I love it! I'll probably use it after the gauntlet. I love how well the lighting compliments the colours in the image. Thank you very much! (is over the moon)

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

However, I think the previous gauntlet's match-ups were the same as the stand-offs in the splash banner. So this might mean Linde vs. Merric, Sanaki vs. Leo, Julia vs. Robin, and Tharja vs. Henry. Or it might not.

I remember the video had an example battle Tharja vs Linde. I have no idea what that might mean, but it's something to think about.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I remember the video had an example battle Tharja vs Linde. I have no idea what that might mean, but it's something to think about.

Yeah, iirc, it was male vs. famales again. Considering this, I think:

Spoiler
  • Tharja vs. Linde
  • Sanaki vs. Julia
  • M!Robin vs. Henry
  • Leo vs. Merric

Not as certain on the guys' bracket though.

34 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait and see, I guess. No idea beyond that.