Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

For those of you disappointed at seeing Tharja in this one, I have the feeling the developers are still experimenting with the system and seeing what they can do to make "clear winners" have smaller win margins. After all, this is still only the third Voting Gauntlet.

Also, torn between supporting Linde and Julia.

Also, I hope they wait a bit for my wallet to recover before starting this one.

Yeah, because that certainly worked out well last time.

The "adjustments" they made only made the final result even more lopsided. Camilla destroyed Minerva a lot more than Lucina destroyed Ephraim.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, because that certainly worked out well last time.

The "adjustments" they made only made the final result even more lopsided. Camilla destroyed Minerva a lot more than Lucina destroyed Ephraim.

Which is the entire point of experimentation, last time I checked.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

For those of you disappointed at seeing Tharja in this one, I have the feeling the developers are still experimenting with the system and seeing what they can do to make "clear winners" have smaller win margins. After all, this is still only the third Voting Gauntlet.

Also, torn between supporting Linde and Julia.

Also, I hope they wait a bit for my wallet to recover before starting this one.

Please go with Team Julia. I want to be on the same team as you for once.

But yeah, for once, I'm actually invested enough in a character that isn't the likely winner. I legitimately liked Lucina the first time around, while I joined Camilla in the second Voting Gauntlet because no one else interested me enough. But here, I can firmly say I'd want to support Julia regardless of whether or not she is likely to win the tournament. So I can probably start looking forward to my first Voting Gauntlet loss as I go down in flames. It feels so exciting!

Also I'll probably jump ship to Male Robin if Julia dies before the final round. I'll only resort to Tharja if both of them happen to die before the final round. 

5 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Please go with Team Julia. I want to be on the same team as you for once.

But yeah, for once, I'm actually invested enough in a character that isn't the likely winner. I legitimately liked Lucina the first time around, while I joined Camilla in the second Voting Gauntlet because no one else interested me enough. But here, I can firmly say I'd want to support Julia regardless of whether or not she is likely to win the tournament. So I can probably start looking forward to my first Voting Gauntlet loss as I go down in flames. It feels so exciting!

Also I'll probably jump ship to Male Robin if Julia dies before the final round. I'll only resort to Tharja if both of them happen to die before the final round. 

Oh good, I also plan to jump ship to M!Robin if Julia goes down, so we'll probably stay together all the way through :D

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh good, I also plan to jump ship to M!Robin if Julia goes down, so we'll probably stay together all the way through :D

Oh, cool. Glad I already have you on my friend's list. I hope my sparkly new 40+10 Nowi puts in work for you. Her worst threat is Julia, but that's only a problem if she's actually facing Team Julia! Being on Team Julia means she's safe. Probably. Either way, I'm glad to finally have some friends here that I can join the gauntlet with! It felt so lonely during the last two gauntlets.

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Oh, cool. Glad I already have you on my friend's list. I hope my sparkly new 40+10 Nowi puts in work for you. Her worst threat is Julia, but that's only a problem if she's actually facing Team Julia! Being on Team Julia means she's safe. Probably. Either way, I'm glad to finally have some friends here that I can join the gauntlet with! It felt so lonely during the last two gauntlets.

Let me know if you have any specific rep requests!

Though that'll probably have to wait until we know who we're facing. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Let me know if you have any specific rep requests!

Though that'll probably have to wait until we know who we're facing. 

On that note, you can also request specific builds from me if you want. I have like, a boatload of skills on my Nowi. Not just from merging but from tons and tons of grinding. Feel free to ask for various Spur(s), Swordbreaker or Vantage, TA3 or Defiant Atk 3 etc... And I still have like 1000 SP left on her that I have no idea what to do with.

I fell in love with Merric as soon as I saw his portrait in (NDS version) Mystery. I love his gentle character too.

Sadly, he's so unpopular.

Edited by Rosetta

Woooow, this'll be the first time I'm going with a hero for another reason than "I think this hero will win".

I don't really know any FE games so only knowing Sanaki as what she is in heros, between her skills, design and quotes I just love her, I hope she'll have a chance to win. Not sure why people think Tharja will take it all, is she a very popular FE character??

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Woooow, this'll be the first time I'm going with a hero for another reason than "I think this hero will win".

I don't really know any FE games so only knowing Sanaki as what she is in heros, between her skills, design and quotes I just love her, I hope she'll have a chance to win. Not sure why people think Tharja will take it all, is she a very popular FE character??

She's pretty popular, yes. Though I think that's more for her body than her personality tbh

There's a new point system in place for underdogs to make comebacks more likely though, so here's hoping Tharja doesn't run away with a landslide victory like Lucina and Camilla did. 

Also good luck to Sanaki! I'm quite fond of her from how she was in her own games, and I'd probably support her if Julia wasn't in the running. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

She's pretty popular, yes. Though I think that's more for her body than her personality tbh

There's a new point system in place for underdogs to make comebacks more likely though, so here's hoping Tharja doesn't run away with a landslide victory like Lucina and Camilla did. 

Also good luck to Sanaki! I'm quite fond of her from how she was in her own games, and I'd probably support her if Julia wasn't in the running. 

Ha, people keep making me want to pick up the FE games.. (Un)fortunately I'm poor as a pauper and unemployed atm so I can easily tell myself I can't do that :(

Just now, Humbug said:

Ha, people keep making me want to pick up the FE games.. (Un)fortunately I'm poor as a pauper and unemployed atm so I can easily tell myself I can't do that :(

While there's not much you can do about the newer 3DS games, the older ones can all be played for free on an emulator if you can find one online. 

Tharja? Oh, come one! Why can't they just choose some character's with equal popularity? I cannot say I understand the developer's logic here. It's like they're putting these popular characters on purpose here. Still, she's my seond least favourite (only after her child) character from Awakening so there's no way I'll be supporting her.

Well, my favourite out of all of these is Henry but he's probably gonna get destroyed by male Robin so maybe I should go with Sanaki. She's pretty cool.

It will probably be a Tharja landslide (or Leo if enough girls are playing) but I'll probably place my vote on Sanaki or M!Robin. What happened to my Elibe mages?

14 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh, now this looks like my kind of gauntlet...if I could play the game. 

I order you all to vote for Sanaki in my place.

It seems like Team Julia is the mainstream in this thread atm. I am one of them.

Team Robin exists.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It seems like Team Julia is the mainstream in this thread atm. I am one of them.

Team Robin exists.

Wait, really? Julia? Oh well, to each their own.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Geez no 1 is giving Robin the benefit of the doubt. Poor meta/avatar guy :(

Don't let them know you like Awakening, my boy. I've only survived here for so long by creating controversies and distracting the old guard, but they're onto me. 

Just now, Thane said:

Wait, really? Julia? Oh well, to each their own.

Don't let them know you like Awakening, my boy. I've only survived here for so long by creating controversies and distracting the old guard, but they're onto me. 

It probably has to do with how crazy good she is in this game, I guess. It's why I'm with her.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It probably has to do with how crazy good she is in this game, I guess. It's why I'm with her.

Oh wait! Shit, I confused her and Sophia. They look so similar. My bad.