5* Bases Discussion

TheWill

With new banners continuing to introduce new units to the game, half of the accumulated total of the banner units remain 5*'s, whilst the remaining half get lowered down to 4* units. As of right now, we have 22 5* units , 26 including all of the Path of Radiance focus units, however we know after the banner ends 2 will be downgraded leaving us with 24 5* units.

Representing each Fire Emblem, we have:

• Fire Emblem 1: Tiki, Minerva & Linde
  • Fire Emblem 2: Alm
  • Fire Emblem 3: None
  • Fire Emblem 4: Eldigan & Julia
  • Fire Emblem 5: Olwen
  • Fire Emblem 6: None
  • Fire Emblem 7: Lyn, Hector, Ninian, Jaffar & Karel
  • Fire Emblem 8: Ephraim
  • Fire Emblem 9: Ike & Soren/Titania (whilst I feel like it should be Ike & Soren as the 5* bases, looking at the Gaiden/sibling bonds banners they might continue trying to make one male and one female remain 5* and one male/female drop down to 4*, thus if they maintain that, Ike will remain over Soren and Titania will likely be chosen over Mist).
  • Fire Emblem 10: Sanaki
  • Fire Emblem 12: None
  • Fire Emblem 13: Lucina
  • Fire Emblem 14: Azura, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Leo & Elise
  • Fire Emblem 15: Faye

Evidently, a lot of the five star base units are .

So, how do people feel about five star units in general?

I feel like with the steady increase of five star units, I would like some gacha changes sooner or later where if you roll a 5* base, they aren't units like Peri or Chrom who can appear as 5*, but also appear as 4*. I'd like the 5* base roll to exclusively be 5* units. Thus, it makes it at least a bit easier to pull for the unit you want that's a 5* exclusive. 

For Awakening's popularity, it's quite surprising there's only a single 5* base, of whom is the most obvious choice to represent Awakening.

Which units would you downgrade to a four star or upgrade to a 5* base?

Out of the list, I would only downgrade a few characters. Those being Faye, Jaffar, Karel and Sanaki all to a 4* base. Whilst I understand why each of them were chosen to be a 5* base over others (Faye being the new unit to represent Echoes over just Gaiden, Karel being a recognizable unit from Elibe appearing in both games similar to Bartre, but obviously more popular, Jaffar being a popular unit with his backstory and Sanaki being a very plot relevant character in PoR and even more so RD), I just feel like the factors that influence a character being a five star base (popularity, exposure, importance in original game & strength in Heroes), they don't reach any of these factors close to others. Sure, Julia isn't popular, but she's still the main heroine of Fire Emblem 4. Eldigan is very popular for an enemy-only unit and important friend to Sigurd, although I would likely drop him lower if it weren't for being the best cavaliar in Heroes.

And finally, which units do you think will be given a 5* treatment for each series?

For the games without any 5* bases, I think the likely candidates will be:

• Fire Emblem 3: Hardin. 
  • Fire Emblem 6: Idoun. 
  • Fire Emblem 12: Katarina & Nagi.  

The only 5* bases remaining for FE1/3/11 would be Camus who's a GHB unit. Even with Hardin, I can see him being a GHB unit as well, but in the case he's not, I wouldn't be surprised to see him maintain a 5* base rate after his banner ends.

For Fire Emblem 6, I honestly can't see anyone deserving of a 5* base outside Roy, Lilina and Zephiel, none of which are 5* bases. The only potential character I could even think of would be Idoun, who I can definitely see joining Tiki and Ninian as a 5* base manakete. 

As for Fire Emblem 12, I only see Katarina becoming a 5* base. Kris would likely follow the Robin & Corrin's and one be a 3* base and the other a 4*/GHB. I also placed Nagi here because despite her rather minor role, the mystery she's shrouded in and her supposed power I think are extremely high. 

For the other Fire Emblems, I would guess:

• Fire Emblem 2: Celica. 
  • Fire Emblem 4: Sigurd & Alves (GHB possible). Oifey?
  • Fire Emblem 5: Leif.
  • Fire Emblem 7: Athos.
  • Fire Emblem 8: Joshua. 
  • Fire Emblem 9: Elincia, Black Knight (GHB possible) & Tibarn. Possibly Reyson or Greil?
  • Fire Emblem 10: Micaiah, Sothe, Sephiran & Altena.
  • Fire Emblem 13: None.
  • Fire Emblem 14: Shiro & Seigbert. 
  • Fire Emblem 15: Conrad

There'll likely be more than the ones I listed here, as characters such as Faye I wouldn't guess as 5* bases until the banner comes and see who they're competing against. What's everyone elses opinion? 

FE6: Idoun/JahnGHB?

FE7: Nergal/Sonia/LimstellaGHB? 

FE8: LyonGHB? (Don't think Joshua is unique enough to stand in the 5* Sorry)

FE9: Ashnard

FE10: Zelgius

FE13: Morgan, Walhart/ValidarGHB?

FE14: Kana, Sumaragi/GaronGHB?