"Go! Go! Summer Tour!" - Cipher 2017 Summer Event - 15 June Update: Merch Revealed!

Kirie

As announced in the most recent Frontier Column, a new Cipher summer event titled "Go! Go! Summer Tour!" will be held at various venues in Japan this July. Like Cipher Caravan last year, there will be merchandise sales, tournaments, mini-concerts, and artist signings.

The official site is now live! Attendees will get this sweet Heroes Anna promo card:

QTuJGYm.png

As of 15 June, the official event page has been updated with a full merchandise listing and some other details!

45DveE1.jpg

Here are all of the dates, venue locations, and artists:

1st July / Hamamatsu (Act Tower) / Hidari, Sachiko Wada
9th July / Tokushima (Awagin Hall) / Daisuke Izuka
16th July / Sendai (Aztec Museum) / Yamada Kotaro
23rd July / Fukuoka (FFB Hall) / Senri Kita
29th July / Kanazawa (Kanazawa Workers Plaza) / Yusuke Kozaki

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the event, and share any photos, news, or other info. I'll keep the OP up to date as details are revealed.

Edited by Kirie

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

BTW, it should be 2017, right? : P

I'm already predicting events for next summer. >.> <.<

Thanks, I got it fixed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can people who don't know any Japanese enjoy these events? There's a chance I will be in Hamamatsu in time for the event there (for reasons unrelated to this), so I'm interested in going to the Act Tower then.

3 hours ago, Reloaded said:

Can people who don't know any Japanese enjoy these events? There's a chance I will be in Hamamatsu in time for the event there (for reasons unrelated to this), so I'm interested in going to the Act Tower then.

I would certainly think so! You might have a hard time conversing with people, though the same could be said for any event where you don't speak the language, but there will be cool stuff to be and a concert featuring FE music at the very least, and neither of those would require much interaction.

Oh, I forgot to check the class names for Alfonse and Sharena. Anna is an unpromoted "Agent". Interesting.

(Although fitting since the Order of Heroes is along the lines of a special agency or taskforce.)

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Oh, I forgot to check the class names for Alfonse and Sharena. Anna is an unpromoted "Agent".

Just be sure to check that she isn't simply called that instead of "commander" in the Japanese version of FEH.

7 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Just be sure to check that she isn't simply called that instead of "commander" in the Japanese version of FEH.

Epithets (the titles) in Heroes are rarely if ever names of classes. Don't forget Cipher has epithets too.

Anyway, her epithet in Japanese Heroes is "Taskforce Leader". Meanwhile her Cipher epithet is "Order Fighter" (lit. "Weiss Brave Fighter").

Checked Alfonse and Sharena and they are Lord and Princess respectively. Mmm-hmm.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Epithets (the titles) in Heroes are rarely if ever names of classes. Don't forget Cipher has epithets too.

Anyway, her epithet in Japanese Heroes is "Taskforce Leader". Meanwhile her Cipher epithet is "Order Fighter" (lit. "Weiss Brave Fighter").

Checked Alfonse and Sharena and they are Lord and Princess respectively. Mmm-hmm.

Alright, sure. But what is she referred to as instead of "commander" in dialogue between her and Alfonse and/or Sharena?

21 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Alright, sure. But what is she referred to as instead of "commander" in dialogue between her and Alfonse and/or Sharena?

I get the vague impression you're reaching for something that doesn't exist.

Anyway, they call her "Captain Anna" as in "Taskforce Captain/Leader". They wouldn't call her "Agent"; that's a bit silly even if Japan loves using nonsensical English names.

The other thing to note is that the Cipher card seems to depict an early/un-promoted version of Anna before she's Commander. So it's possibly she's a Commander in her promoted card (whether it's her epithet or class).

Would be really amusing if her promoted class was Sergeant, since it's only a few symbols away from Agent.

Likewise, I wonder what Alfonse and Sharena's promoted classes will be. Great Lord is obvious for Alfonse, but we don't see many promoted Princesses in FE.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I get the vague impression you're reaching for something that doesn't exist.

I don't see anyone else being concerned over double checking this sort of thing so why wouldn't I try to reach said "something"?

1 hour ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I don't see anyone else being concerned over double checking this sort of thing so why wouldn't I try to reach said "something"?

Fair enough, but it's really minor in the grand scheme of things.

It's fine to be curious and I am happy to provide answers if I can.

I just don't want to get to the point where I need to explain every minor translation. Or I'd be here all day XD