Favorite and Least Favorite Units in Echoes?

Hey all, I have yet to play SoV, but I was wondering who your best/favorite units are. Camus is one of my favorite characters in FE, so I'm sure I'm going to love Zeke, but I was curious about what your best units were and how surprised you were with some of the other units too, whether that's a good or bad surprise.

Python, Fols and Faye are the most enjoyable for me to use on Alm's side, and Leon, Valbar, Kamui and Sonya are my Celica side faves.

I'm not particularly uninterested in any of them. I love this cast.

I love Sonya, probably my favourite new character. TBH, I just like all of Celica's units.

While I love all the units, if I had to say one that I dislike, it would be Luthier. I'm not to big on his design tbh. I would of just preferred if his hair was a solid colour but that;s my only problem with any character.

In terms of character or gameplay? Because while she's not the best, Delthea is the funniest to use - point her in the general direction of bad guys and she will most likely kill them. 

I don't feel like I know enough about all the characters to say which one I enjoy the most in terms of writing, but surprisingly, Jesse of all people has been very entertaining and sweet.

Nobody I really dislike; the cast is most solid and/or inoffensive. Even Faye started to grow on me before long XD

Characters I like using...

Alm: He's a pretty sweet guy with great combat utility. Once he levels up the Regal Sword, he wrecks stuff with Twin Lions. Seriously, there wasn't much he couldn't ORKO.

Celica: Not gonna hide it, I like my mage girls and if it's a mage girl protagonist, then... It also helps Celica is one of the more dynamic heroines in the series. It felt so good slapping The Zofia on her.

Delthea: Her personality isn't the best, but she can totally wreck stuff with a bit of leveling. Unlike Est, she has the benefit of being a mage to target low Resistance. Plus she has Aura from the get go and doesn't take long to learn Angel.

Tatiana: I always liked the Saint design in Gaiden and the Echoes version is pretty neat as well. Combat-wise, she's merely average, although her low Luck got her KO'd by critical hits more times than I expected. High Attack with easy access to Warp and Fortify means she's stuck on my team.

Best combat units right now are Faye and Gray. I gave Faye a Villager's Fork when she was a Falcon Knight and her stats as a Saint are now insane. Gray I looped back to Villager and has game-breaking stats too.

I don't know why but I always liked Lukas ever since Gaiden, and also Kliff since he has the potential to become a SUPASOLDIER via Dread Fighter cycling and promoting him into Mage. Not to mention I like Alm a lot as well, I won't be lying if I said Alm's my favourite lord in the series.

I can't think of anyone to dislike, I mean this game really gave life to the characters, especially with the voice acting, so I can't really dislike anybody. Maybe Faye, though...

I love Python, Jesse, Forsyth, and Gray as characters and units.  Forging definitely fixed Python's shaky hit rates and made him a monster. Jesse is great all around with his amazing speed and Gray as a Dread Fighter is amazing in general. 

I made Tobin a mage and he was surprisingly good due to a bunch of great level ups. I didn't expect to rely on him as much as I do. Mae and Sonia are also fun to use. I basically like almost all of the magic users in this game!

As for characters I don't use as much, there's Leon, Boey, Est, Clair, Valbar, Kamui, Silque and Clive. I guess I just got unlucky with level-ups for them. I still try to make use of everyone though and there aren't any characters I outright dislike.

I like most of the cast very much. I guess if I had to list a few favourites, they'd be Celica, Mae, Mathilda and Lukas. Alm is also pretty cool but there's something missing.

For least favourites, they'd be Python, Clive, Luthier, Boey.

Unless you're doing some kind of challenge run, chances are you made one of your villagers an archer already, and by the time you get Python he's just pointless with those terrible bases. His friend Forsyth is a lot more useful immediately.

Maybe I'm unlucky, but Clive has been terrible so far. People apparently rate him as average, but to me he's bad. Lukas was much more valuable in Chapter 1, especially with how the AI likes to swarm, including the chapter boss. By Deliverance HQ in Chapter 1, Lukas was already promoted to Knight, and Clive had just arrived with rather mediocre stats. No durability, no firepower, no Speed... No point. I thought, maybe he takes a little while to catch up, then soon into Chapter 3, I got Mathilda, and Clive basically became her backpack for the support bonus.

Luthier is probably useful, especially since he comes with Excalibur, but he is such a boring man (and I was using Mage Kliff, who I think got slightly blessed, so there was no point again).

Oh Boey. What are you even good at? It's strange how they keep giving us mages with meh offense, meh Speed, lower Res, but slightly higher Def and HP, while in the same game there's always a glass cannon mage with good Res available at a similar time.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Genny is my favorite unit, although I do like Boey a lot as well.

Faye is my least favorite since she seems uninspired to me at the moment, although I haven't read EVERY piece of dialogue or anything, so it could change my opinion eventually. Catria 4.0 in the same game that already had Catria 2.0 doesn't really appeal to me, and unlike Clair, I can't seem to find ANYTHING else to her character beyond being Catria 4.0.

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe I'm unlucky, but Clive has been terrible so far.

Then I'm unlucky too. For me he was borderline useless in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia.

7 hours ago, Iridium said:

I don't care about Luthier at all.

I don't think anyone does. He's the Alfonse of this game.

I absolutely adore Genny, give her a Dragonshield and she is completely set. Many a time have I been saved by her summonings, physic,(which Silque does not have...urrggh)...and her strength growth, which kinda puts her above the other clerics, at least from my experience with the game.

Also Leo(n)’s "ざっけんな!” gets me every time, definitely my favorite archer from now on. He's dethroned Marth as the Hero-King of fabulousness. 

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Lol do I really have to step in on one of your statements again?? Lol Luthier is one of my most anticipated units.

I wonder why people don't seem to care for him, his design is awesome on a mage thirsty route.

4 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Lol do I really have to step in on one of your statements again?? Lol Luthier is one of my most anticipated units.

I bet he's the kind of guy who puts empty milk cartons back into the fridge.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I bet he's the kind of guy who puts empty milk cartons back into the fridge.

Only because Delthea won't stop being a little shit that eats all of his Fruity Pebbles.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Then I'm unlucky too. For me he was borderline useless in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia.

What's funny is that, up until I recruited Zeke, Clive was ALMOST keeping up with Mathilda. By the end he was only really surpassing her in defense and HP, but she had him beat in everything else. However Clive DOES benefit from a lot of supports too, which helped him out.

Silque becomes my MVP in my Gaiden run somehow made everything work to my success, but  Celica's Upgrades got me completely rooting for her in Echoes she is my Favorite for Echoes and for least favorite i dont have one i think the cast is just fine.

12 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I wonder why people don't seem to care for him, his design is awesome on a mage thirsty route.

I find it odd, too. I love his design and can't wait to get him in the game. He was the one I most wanted to see when I heard the game was getting redone, and it hasn't disappointed me. So he will definitely be used! 

I'm a big fangirl of attractive men, so Alm, Lukas, Folsyth, Python, Mr Mask... I won't list them all but I have a lot to look forward to xD Luthier was my most anticipated, but I can't wait to use all of these guys, though I'm still a bit disappointed they no longer put pink or purple hair on the men :( 

For who I'm least looking forward to... I know people have said it, but Faye. I was so disappointed to learn that the new girl would just be another female character with nothing more to her than worshipping the main lord. Is it too much to ask for her to have her own character? She just seems pretty redundant :/

Maybe I'll change my mind when actually playing the game, but... well, everything I've read so far doesn't give me much hope. 

The character i'm looking forward to the most is Gray. Everything i've heard about him is 10/10, I guess you could say he's Gray-t. His English voice is absolutely perfect. Also, mandatory "shut-up Tobin".

I'm also looking forward to Saber, Alm, Celica, and the Whitewings. I feel like Alm in particular will beat Roy as my favorite Lord.

Overall, I'm looking forward the entire cast, to be honest. Even Faye. Yes, I like Faye a bit. There really isn't anyone i'm not looking forward to.