[Restarting on new thread] FE6 Randomized- Bartre Emblem: The Binding Bartre

fengaridotdll

NOTE: Thread abandoned due to technical reasons, and the new thread/randomizer will be up shortly, and I'll link it when it's up.

I promise I won't forget about/abandon this randomizer like just about every other one I've done.

Welcome to my randomizer of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. It doesn't seem to be as popular as FE7 in the way of randomizers, so I figured I'd give it a try. This also happens to be my first time playing FE6 for the long run in general, so that should make this even more interesting. Here's to hoping it doesn't end up rendering this unwinnable as a result of not being able to get the Divinestone because of Fae being randomized.

GENERAL RULE OF THUMB FOR STRUCTURE:

First spoiler box is screenshots, second is growths/rating and commentary, third is level ups in the map.

Without further ado, let's do this.

78JSNFt.png

Chapter 1

hRiu8wP.png

Not gonna bother with posting the plot most of the time because cutscene portraits are unchanged. Anyways, our Lord for this is Juno, and she's bow locked, at least for now. Thankfully, she's a Nomad and not an Archer.

Sd1mgIF.png

We ended up with a Thief really early on, and that Thief just happens to be Barth, of all people. I don't know why, but the fact he ended up in the least Barth-like class imaginable is hilarious to me.

TG0k8q9.png

Can Lords promote in this game? If not (which seems most probable because of the fact Roy only promotes via cutscene), then Wade is doomed.

hlNwCgr.png

Elphin is nothing special, just a Cavalier.

j4fbNZ8.png

There are no words to express how badly he is getting benched.

0a2vWlW.png

Our prepromote is Wolt, and he actually seems to be pretty damn good from the looks of things. I did not expect that.

eEg4U8R.png

Juno is going to nuke everything for as long as she has that Brave Bow.

J2MiGy8.png

Yep, I missed a 90%. In literally the first fight in the entire LP. This is a telling sign for how well this LP will end.

TeiplnG.png

Elphin does... whatever he's doing here, tenderizing an enemy in the process.

rSR74sj.png

Barth gets the kill, and also has a pretty bizarre palette.

QJ61NBf.png

hMIGemN.png

Not pictured: The S rank in lances that Yoder had before I used him. That's right, using him somehow made him less skilled with his weapon.

jmIV2qx.png

On the next turn, Yoder gets us some money.

LV3CLke.png

The Archer does some serious damage to Elphin, I don't think he'll survive the map like this

uuxr0le.png

...I have no idea what happened here. I guess I accidentally paused too late and got a screenshot of a smear frame.

HNvJKuH.png

Wolt executes this poor Fighter, and actually looks really nice as a Swordmaster. Purple/green usually don't look too great together imo, but it somehow works here.

eEl7LQI.png

Juno's going to be ridiculous for as long as her Brave Bow lasts.

o3dywd3.png

This is what I was trying to screenshot before. Wade also ended up looking really nice. Same can't be said about the rest of this army of mutants bar Wolt.

nKVtNrU.png

QVqATS7.png

Juno misses the boss four times...

2ltyfvU.png

KCptyAL.png

...then gets her act together and finishes the boss off immediately after that embarrassing display.

ms3XitP.png

And that's a wrap on Chapter 1.

DKu6BBg.png

Also, I guess this game wasn't anticipating the Lord having Canto.

g2B1dxn.png

Who the hell is this kid?

CeRpNLZ.png

HP: 40%

STR: 20%

SKL: 60%

SPD: 5%

LCK: 30%

DEF: 30%

RES: 5%

Comments: Those growths are just awful, and the bases don't make up for it either. The worst part is I have to babysit her for the whole game.

Rating: 3/10

Tl0PMM4.png

HP: 30%

STR: 100%

SKL: 50%

LCK: 10%

DEF: 35%

RES: 50%

Comments: Where do I start? His only good growth is Strength, and it'll require nothing short of prayer for his Speed to change. I'm just going to use him as filler until I get a better Thief in a few chapters.

Rating: 4/10

hlNwCgr.png

HP: 65%

STR: 75%

SKL: 110%

SPD: 20%

DEF: 25%

RES: 15%

Comments: All of his growths are terrible except for his high Skill, decent Strength, and subpar HP. He's almost Atlas levels of disproportionate in terms of growths.

Rating: 2/10

TG0k8q9.png

HP:  100%

STR: 35%

SKL: 45%

SPD: 20%

LCK: 40%

RES: 10%

Comments: All of his growths except HP range from "completely terrible" to "awful", and his bases suck too.

j4fbNZ8.png

HP: 10%

STR: 40%

SKL: 5%

LCK: 55%

DEF: 5%

Comments: All of his growths are completely terrible in every single way, with the exception of bad Strength/Luck growths. At least he has enough bulk to serve as an early game tank. I think all those fives would've been zeroes had I not forced a minimum of 5%.

Rating: 1/10

0a2vWlW.png

HP: 5%

STR: 45%

SPD: 40%

LCK: 35%

DEF: 115%

Comments: His growths are all relatively even except for his disproportionately high Defense and insanely low HP and Resistance. At least he has great bases and isn't Yoder. But still, I think he's the best unit we're getting for a long time.

Rating: 7/10

OvpNTDN.png

Pretty dreadful.

DL56B1z.png

Hopefully, this map was just a sacrifice to the rng and the rest of the game will turn out better for me.

Edited by Crystallized Silver

Oh, you randomized growths. Rip your sanity.

Lords can promote in this game! That's something the randomizer did. They promote with a knight's crest.

Yup, Wolt seems pretty good. And here's a story: In my last randomizer, Fae ended up as lord, so she was a pre-promote. So I had 2 pre-promotes in chapter 1.

The boss also looks very good as a Myrmidon!

Juno: Just like the normal Juno, her growths suck ass. But even more now. Her best stat is Skill, which is arguably one of the least important stats. And don't forget: She still force promotes into a nomad trooper in the same chapter Roy normally promotes. Good luck.

Barth: Besides speed, Barth stats look awful. Don't even bother using him. It doesn't help thieves can't promote in this game.

And now, it's time for Chapter 2. Not long until I get a better thief than Barth as well.

8OAKpWI.png

Our first new unit of the map is Dorothy. As a Soldier. Not fun.

Gc3ZOhl.png

Wolt splits himself into three to completely destroy a Soldier.

7olkEhN.png

coW3C2l.png

2sKrhTx.png

DKuWqk3.png

The new units from Turn 2. I got a healer early on, which is nice.

JyNlukk.png

Clarine starts out with a bang.

C69QpjA.png

Wendy has no idea how to hit anything.

qEAH3S0.png

bZYDR8l.png

Cath chips down a Fighter to finish it off.

8mtxGjx.png

DmsW8S1.png

The Clarine crit train never ends.

rEZbPE5.png

Shanna heals up the weakened Wendy.

WYNTCw6.png

IT NEVER ENDS.

iuBCLWS.png

Not pictured: Wolt annihilating this guy with a crit.

zQGToIp.png

Wolt completely destroys the boss, unsurprisingly.

8OAKpWI.png

STR: 5%

LCK: 50%

DEF: 15%

RES: 95%

Comments: Well, would you look at that, her only above average growth is Resistance. She's also stuck with abysmal strength and physical bulk for much of the game.

Rating: 2/10

7olkEhN.png

HP: 45%

SKL: 65%

SPD: 10%

LCK: 45%

DEF: 60%

RES: 15%

Comments: I guess both of the units that ended up as Lords contracted terribleness from Roy. She's not quite as bad as Wade, though.

Rating: 4/10

coW3C2l.png

HP: 90%

STR: 55%

SKL: 40%

LCK: 65%

Comments: She's basically all HP and a little Strength, but not much else. At least we didn't get her at a point in the game where she can be ORKOed by Archers like usual.

Rating: 5/10

2sKrhTx.png

STR: 65%

SKL: 30%

SPD: 65%

LCK: 5%

DEF: 80%

RES: 90%

Comments: Cath is probably my best unit yet. She's got pretty decent Speed and Magic and will hit ridiculously hard and ridiculously fast unless she gets rng screwed. She also has insanely high defenses, especially for a Mage. Her only real flaws are relatively low bases and a lack HP growth.

Rating: 8/10

DKuWqk3.png

STR: 80%

SPD: 15%

RES: 45%

Comments: Fun fact: She randomized back into herself. However, that doesn't change the fact her only good stat is her amazing Magic, which will make her a great nuke upon promotion.

Rating: 6/10

R5p4605.png

D1zi6V4.png

iBOVKa4.png

Pretty abysmal levels in general.

And now, time for Chapter 3. I'll try to do more than one update today.

5U8mGdB.png

Okay, so our first new unit of the map is a Nomad. Will he turn out better than Juno though? (nope)

dVImMzd.png

Yoder chips...

2sdzjsV.png
...and Cath gets the kill. Here's to hoping the rng is merciful to her so she can live up to what I changed the subtitle of the LP to.

k0asAdn.png

Lugh acquired. Except he isn't Lugh, he's...

W0THPZj.png

...Percival.

ppC8HhU.png

Not pictured: the fact this crit was redundant. I actually love redundant crits quite a bit, just for being overly flashy ways to kill off weak enemies.

Ewe6R5S.png

This'll be a nice toy for Shanna.

c9SmoWF.png

Another redundant crit. Wolt is merciless.

6bdL6Jt.png

Yet another redundant crit that I forgot to properly capture, this time dealt out by Cath.

EzerdfX.png

71s6Msl.png

Saul picks up Barth to ferry him to the chests, but drops him into the wall because I'm not the nicest tactician out there.

Zdg14eX.png

He grabs a Halberd, and some money.

t3u5DMi.png

Wolt finishes off the boss, leaving Juno free to walk all the way to the throne.

8gqq2LX.png

And that's a wrap for Chapter 3.

5U8mGdB.png

STR: 10%

SKL: 35%

SPD: 85%

LCK: 90%

Comments: His growths are a complete joke for the most part, with the exception of ridiculously high Speed. His only other good stat is Luck, which is hilarious because he got nigh screwed over by the rng. His bases also suck.

Rating: 3/10

W0THPZj.png

SPD: 25%

DEF: 55%

Comments: He's got nice bases, but his growths means he'll end up falling behind pretty quickly. He's also bow locked, which doesn't help his viability out much.

qKGl210.png

FfHGAxZ.png

avX2urv.png

M4Qnk44.png

I didn't screencap a level in this chapter that was just of Yoder only getting Strength.

Chapter 4 really wasn't to interesting, over half of it (that I didn't screenshot) was just Cath slowly fireballing Erik to death, ensuring her rise to Eldritch goodhood.

yzlrNuJ.png

The boss has two Killer Bows, as if saying "DON'T ATTACK ME FROM 2 SPACES AWAY" with no subtlety whatsoever.

sEvC5U1.png

Clarine, how did you miss that 86%?

l3oPfcw.png

Wolt is merciless with the crits.

jzRvD2Y.png

Our first new recruit for the chapter is Ogier, but as another healer.

EEolQxW.png

Elphin stabs a dude so hard it reduces both him and his horse to ghosts.

AfhS6JB.png

Wolt will appreciate the damage boost, even if it's probably going to slow him down.

oEMSHnz.png

Just wait until I get a Killer Edge to give him.

Sm4BUTs.png

The two Lords head down the coast to curb the Pirate threat.

c4sOx5v.png

I have no idea what wrong with this screenshot either. I think she crit?

A4U4hqO.png

This is going to Cath ASAP.

CLljN3r.png

After a slow and painful death of a million fireballs, Erik finally goes down.

jzRvD2Y.png

HP: 95%

STR: 80%

SKL: 25%

LCK: 65%

RES: 35%

Comments: He's basically Shanna but with slightly different growths and lower bases. Pass.

WAw2FUn.png

STR: 25%

LCK: 120%

Comments: He's somehow inferior to Barth. But still, two Thieves now is nice.

9BrsSHW.png

juno.png

J7HiQnw.png

elphin.png

391aOpP.png

saul.png

mVe646k.png

wendy.png

9A8qguM.png

shanna.png

RawcpVC.png

saul_2.This joke is getting old already

ciJRnkI.png

N0DiAaa.png

Missed Cath level 9, but it should be clear what it was because of the gaps

Sorry for the slight delay, but here's Chapter 5! It was basically just a metric ton of free experience for Cath and Wolt, and we didn't get a new unit either. Fairly uneventful, too.

eVwiWP9.png

oI4cnZh.png

Wolt gets some backups from the Bench Lords.

HQfEWQ0.png

Wolt is merciless.

5i2Lwub.png

The boss had nothing for ranged, ensuring Cath disposed of him unscathed. Although, it's not like she would've taken that much thanks to her insane for her class Defense.

xjLva4L.png

This chapter went by ridiculously quickly, and all it really consisted of was "spam Cath and Wolt to sow the seeds of destruction".

uViaMVN.png

uJNjQgH.png

slEANOL.png

2IVUoia.png

thlAPyw.png

tRu2fUW.png

We're going to need a Guiding Ring soon.

And now for Chapter 6. Another quick one, but it's nice to have two short ones before arena abusing.

Ug9jdUe.png

I can finally properly bench my irredeemable units (Dorothy and Yoder are the first to come to mind). Nice.

HhXnJM8.png

Our first new unit of the map is Noah, and he's pretty bad.

BDAVNad.png

Our second new unit is our boy, Roy. His growths are definitely an interesting case of crippling overspecialization, but he definitely has the bases to make up for it for the most part.

cCMiSMK.png

He also looks nice as a female Myrmidon too.

8Mlf2vx.png

Oh boy. She's going to be an absolute monstrosity when I get her, even with the low Magic. She and Cath are likely going to be among my two most powerful units.

vz5xiEh.png

Before she leaves, I relieve her of a Vulnerary.

4a10wfh.png

Our other new unit is yet another healer with garbage bases.  This is painful.

BXjWmRP.png

Wolt the Critmaster finishes off the last of the enemies. Like I said, quick chapter.

48Uloaw.png

But before I go, I pump up Cath's ludicrous bulk even further by actually giving her HP. Too bad she has to wait until next time to get a weapon, because all her tomes broke.

HhXnJM8.png

HP: 85%

SKL: 60%

Comments: He's awful. His only good stats are HP and Resistance, and he's pretty much stuck with 4 Strength for the entire game.

BDAVNad.png

STR: 120%

SPD: 65%

Comments: He's got pretty nice bases, with his only up there growth being his ridiculous Strength, and he's fast as hell. Basically, he's a glass cannon in every sense of the term, but one with higher CON than Wolt, meaning he can use some of the heavier swords more efficiently.

Rating: 5/10

8Mlf2vx.png

HP: 125%

STR: 75%

SKL: 15%

SPD: 110%

DEF: 90%

RES: 120%

Comments: Absolute monstrosity of a unit, with, similarly to Cath, great bulk. She may end up outclassing Cath in the long run if she gets rng screwed. Her only flaw is her disastrous base Magic.

Rating: 10/10

4a10wfh.png

HP: 20%

STR: 50%

DEF: 65%

RES: 30%

Comments: Yet another weak healer with low bases, but at least he has decent growths. More than can be said for Ogier. Being on a horse will also help him in the long run, too.

Rating: 6/10

N19sTNN.png

KGHhQci.png

Tq1PDt1.png

cvqNWi3.png

I love Cath. She's so overpowered.

• 4 weeks later...

This chapter almost broke me. Sorry for the almost month long wait, but I ended up taking a break.

X76MaEW.png

Staring things off with a not so great staff, but it will still be pretty nice for leveling up Shanna in the future.

7lPAcdb.png

Our first new unit of the map is Fir...

U9yq4fM.png

...who has a very nice piece of hardware, especially for this early in the game.

uBHzgVp.png

Cecilia, on the other hand, has no such luck.

3ZPfiun.png

Now, THIS is a nice reward. You know, I was talking about how great this would be for Wolt a few updates ago.

HAQMvwq.png

Zeiss is also unlucky, but not as much so as Cecilia.

uYJbZ8K.png

Cecilia tries to impress by hitting a 55%, but fails to impress me despite the coin flip odds.

VBvvXlQ.png

These reinforcements were brutal the first few times I attempted this. They made me glad to have Cath around.

m4cwadG.png

vHTqyrc.png

3Mehczx.png

x2Z8J3d.png

PNpPDD8.png

UEMgofV.png

Some more nice loot, and the last one will be good for Roy in not too long.

pYxwub1.png

Speaking of Roy, he begins the quest to become a buff god.

2004Suj.png

This lucky Pegasus Knight would have ended it after a while were it not for save states.

u40JCtY.png

hQIQzPv.png

I failed at screenshot timing, but I grabbed the stuff from the chests. I almost forgot about it, but thankfully I had Barth just tag along for no reason on complete accident.

3E8D1J8.png

This insane mess of a chapter is finally over.

7lPAcdb.png

STR: 85%

SKL: 55%

SPD: 35%

LCK: 25%

RES: 70%

Comments: What is it with all of the healers in this and being ridiculously overspecialized? That said, Fir isn't bad. Her bases are a bit on the low side, and it'll take nothing short of prayer to get more than 3 Defense on her, but she's still decent. I don't remember if Manaketes are physical or magical, but if they're the latter, she'll be very good in the endgame.

Rating: 6/10

uBHzgVp.png

STR: 40%

SKL: 30%

RES: 60%

Comments: Cecilia is yet another hilariously bad unit. Her bases outside of Resistance vary from alright to terrible, and her growths means she won't turn out any better. The worst part is she's our only Dark magic user for another eight chapters.

HAQMvwq.png

STR: 30%

SPD: 35%

RES: 55%

Comments: He's definitely the better of the Nomads, but that mostly stems from his competition being Juno and Saul, and him actually having growths that aren't insanely minmaxed in favor of stats that won't matter without others. That said, he still has pretty terrible bases.

Rating: 4/10

iQPUkD4.png

h9CItp0.png

O2phRKJ.png

pHCx7VK.png

nSAsh4o.png

w336JUG.png

0H9C9qG.png

julq3W5.png

8twWpr3.png

aitvwNz.png

fGkUFUB.png

QwDvVnC.png

Z3StXc0.png

NqlclfL.png

um3C9SR.png

eYw4hDg.png

I think this is the most level ups I will ever end up posting to this thread in a single update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 10:11 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Welp, Crytilized Silver may have forgot about/abandoned this randomizer. LOL

Not only did you butcher my name, you got things completely wrong. I'm going to update this either later or tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Crystallized Silver said:

Not only did you butcher my name, you got things completely wrong. I'm going to update this either later or tomorrow.

Good for you!

Okay, so now it's time for Chapter 8. Sorry for the inactivity as of late.

ZHWwNPi.png

I know it's three levels early, but Roy still turned out amazing enough to warrant promoting so early. He's like Rutger on super steroids now.

9VU8pq7.png

Our first recruit this chapter is none other than Astore, who we would normally get this chapter anyways. That said, he didn't replace himself, he's our Lilina stand-in.

VP7GZ0G.png

Our second new recruit is Geese, who won't be getting any better.

FeJNTKe.png

At least he came with a cool new toy for Cath.

2kIOFgQ.png

Astore decides to immediately impress as if to make up for Geese being a Mage with competiton in the forms of Cath and (later) Fae.

MlPWdeX.png

You know the Killing Edge initially meant for Wolt? It's a Roy weapon now. It's shocking how Roy is turning into such a god because of how bad he is in the base game.

MqiS0iW.png

4Ll5yBE.png

fLpG9jK.png

Our three new recruits.

GeQwlYM.png

Astore mopping the place up after his jailbreak.

YLARANu.png

Not pictured: Me being a complete idiot and missing the first two chests, and the screenshot on the fourth.

faYZnj9.png

6UVfknN.png

Pictured: Two enemies learning how the typical round of combat against Roy goes. Not pictured: Their blood smeared all over the ground and floor, with no sign that there was initially a body.

CrzghIQ.png

WzCgjNt.png

To3y2FF.png

splnf5e.png

The other chests, which I didn't miss or fail to screenshot.

A7HXR82.png

And now it's over. (and also you didn't miss anything too important with the boss, it was just a completely one sided one against Roy with the boss's class being completely unchanged)

9VU8pq7.png

SKL: 65%

SPD: 85%

LCK: 25%

RES: 45%

Comments: He's basically a Pegasus Knight trapped in an Armor Knight's body with growths like those, seriously. Give him a winged horse and very light armor and he's good to go. Otherwise, don't even bother.

VP7GZ0G.png

SKL: 95%

SPD: 55%

RES: 25%

Comments: Yeah, he's completely outclassed by Fae/Cath with growths like that. He's basically just a free Aircalibur disguised as a unit with rather decent bases, and a ridiculous exaggeration of the Weak, but Skilled trope.

fLpG9jK.png

SKL: 80%

SPD: 30%

DEF: 20%

Comments: Yeah, he's astoundingly terrible. All of his growths except Skill (85%), Defense (20%), and Resistance (5%) are at either 30% or 35%. Still nowhere nearly as bad as Yoder, however.

4Ll5yBE.png

SPD: 75%

DEF: 45%

RES: 55%

Comments: He's almost a jack of all trades, master of none character but his very good Speed and awful Skill keep him from qualifying from that. I think Wendy may be slightly better, and she's also a tad mediocre.

MqiS0iW.png

STR: 20%

LCK: 85%

Comments: Yet another Thief who completely fails as a Thief thanks to a low Speed growth similarly to Barth, but he at least has 2 more Speed and joined at the beginning of the game. It's a shame Milady ended up as a third bad Thief thanks to how great she is in vanilla FE6.

b0XJdsT.png

BtEdEjL.png

RlfFVCo.png

fQnUXzO.png

VIxtP74.png

tg2Uabs.png

rNcqg3P.png

gomEVKA.png

Oh hey, a double update for this. However, this doesn't have too many images thanks to the lack of new units and the chapter being mind-numbingly boring.

bIHGeOt.png

Cath and Roy clear out this part of the map. It turned out to be pointless because it was a dead end.

Jh23Iqq.png

Look at this guy thinking he's cool because of his 5% crit, even though he only dealt 3 damage.

M2s2vOY.png

Cath and Roy were basically the only two I needed. Expect this trend to continue for the rest of the game up until I get Fae.

I3a0gW9.png

I decided to have Juno slowly, yet agonizingly (for myself and maybe the boss too) chip the boss down for some more EXP so she isn't stuck in low level Hell for the whole game

Fq9dDLg.png

After going on for what felt like hours thanks to save scumming and rng abuse so I could hit every time, this guy finally goes down, and got Juno around three levels in the process.

uPkeNTf.png

And with that, it's finally over. Hopefully the Armads chapter isn't this bad.

Also, some story content as padding, and some members of our army randomly show up.

msfGZ8E.png

Narcian is a Sage. Interesting. (I was skipping story content up until this point because I wasn't going in blind)

CXVIzqY.png

Who is this random Bishop from out of nowhere?

axmJcoC.png

Oh hey, it's the Archer with great bases!

rVZj0qY.png

And the pretty terrible Shaman!

wy6KQZw.png

X2Mg75O.png

zMcadbH.png

I missed her last level up, it was just an HP only one. (if you're wondering why she jumped back down to 9 Strength it's because I accidentally loaded an earlier save state like an idiot)

Okay, now for Chapter 9. No level up screenshots this time because I made a stupid mistake by loading to a previous state that was several turns old at that point and I forgot which levels occurred before the state was written and which happened after.

Ylh36Wd.png

Rescuing Shanna is unrelated, but I still hate Fog of War.

dI5UFnf.png

Look at this guy thinking he's lucky because he dodged two 86%s. Okay, he is actually pretty damn lucky for doing this.

MBfkmSu.png

His friend isn't so lucky.

9uKZAVe.png

Okay, so our new recruit for this is Bartre, and he's a Demonic Spider through and through. Not pictured: Me restarting because I forgot to bring Zeiss (who replaced Noah).

bTNwvGp.png

Now we recruit Bartre... by having his Bishop daughter talk to the absolutely terrible Pirate who I benched as soon as I got him, who apparently went from chilling on the bench to being summoned exclusively to talk with Fir.

kyd5kPU.png

Wow, Bartre's bases are incredible. I wonder how he is on Hard Mode.

Going off of Fir's Hard Mode boosts, he'll have 35 HP (+6), capped (20) Strength (+3), 15 Skill (also +3), 14 Speed (+3 again), 14 Luck (+2), 14 Defense (also +2), and 7 Res (+2 yet again). At level 1. Holy hell, he's going to break Hard Mode into a billion pieces.

mPsMRev.png

Oh hey, the two main healers can support. Not that useful, but still neat.

9FN6db7.png

I may or may not have made a major tactical mistake here.

nbuXkee.png

Percival murdering the existence out of a random guy who decided to poison him.

TKwH8hr.png

It was at this moment Crystallized Silver knew she screwed up.

ONE LOAD STATE LATER

GGFA4gD.png

IyMTA0q.png

Sophia is our Sin replacement, and she's somehow worse than she is in vanilla FE6 despite joining five chapters earlier.

2SR1E7o.png

No idea why I didn't wait to go for the other house, a Killer Bow would have been godly on Percival.

WTBAzwR.png

How come the ugly pirate gets a pegasus and Astore doesn't? That's not fair.

grHkqYO.png

Sadly, beating the ugly pirate up didn't let me commit Grand Theft Pegasus for the sake of allowing Astore to become an amazing unit.

BumZ6mX.png

Not pictured: The fact Roy can still seize. I can now seize without mangling the plot too badly!

kyd5kPU.png

STR: 45%

RES: 95%

Comments: His growths are pretty terrible except for his ridiculous 95% RES, but it barely matters when you join with great stats (which are completely insane on Hard Mode according to my math) at only level 1. 

Rating: 8/10 (Normal) / 11/10 (Hard)

STR: 50%

SKL: 35%

SPD: 55%

RES: 65%

Comments: Sophia is Yet Another Terrible Thief™, yet in a twist of fate the best of our Thieves for doing actual Thief things thanks to having an actual Speed growth.

Note: A lot of messing around in Nightmare happened this chapter so I could recruit the Tate replacement, because mountains. With that said, I bring you Chapter 10B now. Also, updates should get a lot less sporadic now that I've been out of school for almost two weeks 

89y1pN6.png

What are these Archers doing in the mountains? Archers aren't even supposed to be up here. And is Milady secretly a double agent? I love how randomizers can lead to alternate character interpretation like this.

1h5qXjE.png

Pictured: Our Gonzales replacement having a case of Matthis Syndrome. (if you didn't know Astore is replacing Lilina)

L9acJ7t.png

Top villages saved. I forgot to screenshot the other three, but whatever.

q32SQKq.png

Recruiting our Klein replacement, who is...

DKWvpnO.png

sKtk5Tf.png

Echidna, but with a White Gem. Glad that didn't end up randomizing into Klein himself's inventory, because he's not joining for a while.

EFYoYXe.png

Pictured: Reason 1 of why I used Nightmare to mess with Constitution values for the sake of rescuing people.

UX1DzT6.png

This guy crit against Cath, which would have been terrifying were she not so bulky.

g3TrFP2.png

Yes, that is a Mage with capped Defense. I love this Cath.

Qz4KAR7.png

vCad9PS.png

Two out of the three eastern villages saved, almost missed the third.

JGchYEx.png

Y341lyb.png

Pictured: Reasons 2 and 3 of why I used Nightmare to mess with Constitution values for the sake of rescuing people.

6074FH2.png

Well, modifying Constitution didn't work out in my favor.

5GvDAXX.png

Now it did. I changed Echidna's back when she was over the mountain but kept Bartre's because this is now Bartre Emblem: The Binding Bartre.

0rujPh9.png

Last village grabbed.

qqmeXyd.png

And now it's over.

Secret sneak peak of next update's occurrences

XO5hxZn.png

PhJ7RzL.png

Cath sacrifices her unique palette and becomes a Lilina clone in order to further her ascent to godhood.

DKWvpnO.png

STR: 60%

SKL: 55%

SPD: 25%

RES: 25%

Comments: With not bad bases and good growths in most of her important areas for a prepromote in the first chunk of the game, Echidna could easily turn out pretty great, and completely invalidates Wendy's existence.

Rating: 7/10

aaXbvdM.png

SKL: 20%

DEF: 20%

Comments: She's seriously Yoder levels of awful. Actually, she's worse than Yoder, with her growth total being only 110 compared to Yoder's 120, and she doesn't even have much growths in the important stats. And her bases are all around pretty terrible. And she only has 9 levels to grow before promotion. Why.

Rating: 0/10 (wow, two updates with units who broke the ratings scale in a row)

EFYoYXe.png

HP: 50%

SKL: 100%

SPD: 15%

LCK: 30%

RES: 60%

Comments: Even if his growths are fairly bad, he's still great thanks to the sheer utility he provides as a Dancer.

Rating: 9/10

4WIQ2Xt.png

8dT84Ks.png

dKNzjUM.png

CWnuKV6.png

jBQ3oGI.png

j36YLqd.png

ADISOND.png

lMiGr6l.png

w2ov0hx.png

DSzYc1k.png

Rdx9bZF.png

7ebID5N.png

3POly7e.png

mzyJiRI.png

of3HCBY.png

And now for Chapter 11B. This was pretty annoying thanks to the sheer amount of ballista, with a pretty tough boss that I likely wouldn't have beaten without Roy to boot.

HN3Klk0.png

Our first new unit is none other than Garret. And he's another refresher. Nice.

8EWguIN.png

I won't be doing any double dancer nonsense like this for the rest of the game, I promise.

GcRAV5J.png

And now Bartre the Beast gets a Red Gem. Hooray, money.

7VkRUPF.png

Our second new unit is Douglas, who is literally the second coming of Moulder.

2afz7Cp.png

And now he's on my side.

wuIYfRN.png

Fun fact: The boss theme plays every time he heals people. Every. Single. Time.

82rweUh.png

MAcPjP9.png

Cath has promoted for real this time, and her offense is still sadly lacking.

RlCArdH.png

Our third and final new unit is Raigh, who has forsaken the darkness and turned to the light.

ECVM3ib.png

Cath uses a small sample of her new power to completely erase someone from the timeline.

MTjX2M6.png

Third new guy obtained, and reaching him was annoying because he started out on the other side of the map from Douglas the Boulder

cCYygdm.png

It was worth a shot, okay?

e9Lg9jk.png

1yMRPAi.png

Situations where it's okay to break out a 20 use weapon: This.

EoPPAuW.png

Now that the monster is dead, we can get this over with.

zGs53Xq.png

I already know who's getting this.

HN3Klk0.png

LCK: 60%

DEF: 90%

RES: 40%

Comments: His growths in four of his stats are pretty disastrous, but that barely matters when you're a Bard. All he needs to do to be viable is play his lute, which he does a damn fine job at.

Rating: 7/10

7VkRUPF.png

STR:  25%

SKL: 15%

Comments: He's got very high bulk for a Cleric, but that's all he's got going for him. It barely matters though because who in their right mind would use a Cleric as a front liner?

RlCArdH.png

HP: 50%

STR:  15%

SKL:  10%

SPD:  45%

LCK: 60%

DEF:  40%

RES:  65%

Comments: He has astonishingly high bulk for a Bishop, and he's my first healer with an actual Speed growth, hallelujah. He has a pretty awful Magic growth, but that's offset by a pretty good base.

YHXQgPZ.png

FQArTyK.png

LIS3j44.png

alGluUp.png

tQMuEZP.png

3TiAbk2.png

(mistimed screen cap but it was still a great level up)

LIc5OZ8.png

A1w6f23.png

I'm going a bit overboard with these double uploads. Anyways, this was a quick one because I bullrushed the throne in order to not miss out on the true ending. So, here's a quick Chapter 12 upload.

pAkyiYO.png

Our first (and technically only) new unit is Karel. He would be godly if he didn't have such disgustingly low bases

rMqUD7C.png

Raigh's Hammerne being used to repair Bartre's Spear.

VMb2AqS.png

Karel is now ours.

m5NNWvk.png

And so is Fae. I forgot how you get Cath kind of late into the game in vanilla FE6 so her bases are abysmal for this stage.

e7kg1yg.png

jq8Er0a.png

These are the only two I managed to screenshot. The other two chests I grabbed contained a Flux (not good for anyone yet) and a Aircalibur (great for Cath because she got kind of Magic screwed). Didn't grab the last one because Sophia was being too slow.

saJAImb.png

And with that, I'm done with my rushed job.

m5NNWvk.png

Not going to post growths again, but I'm going to re-rate her. Her bases are amazingly terrible for a level 5 prepromote, especially her Magic. I'm probably better off just using Cath as my only Mage.

Rating: 6/10

HP: 150%

STR: 95%

SKL: 185%

SPD: 150%

LCK: 150%

DEF: 165%

RES: 30%

Comments: His bases are so bad they make Sophia look godly in comparison, but his growths are ridiculous, except for his pretty bad Resistance. His bases are too bad to even let him kill feed, so unfortunately he's stuck on the bench.

Rating: 6/10 (would be 12/10 were it not for his bases)

TUQIhdU.png

IRNRFy3.png

Cd4qEnL.png

ovknZ7k.png

z6dSFdz.png

And now for Chapter 12x. It's a really small update (literally three level ups plus level ups) because I couldn't be bothered to take any screencaps because the chapter was just fog, useless chests, foggy useless chests (although two of them did apparently contain gems looking at the wiki now). The only strategy I used was "have Bartre solo most of the thing with some minor support from Cath" plus Roy staying behind to deal with enemies from behind that would have gone after Sophia.

GoUh4kQ.png

The boss was a Master Lord. Interesting.

LjfWaEd.png

Too bad he died in a matter of seconds.

LjfWaEd.png

And a free axe that Echidna will get in the future.

RLmvCph.png

lzSu9gE.png

r6qUUm4.png

tFIqSWt.png

(just get some Magic already, seriously)

LvDZhYJ.png

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday, was having computer problems. Anyways, now for Chapter 13. Next time, one of the worst chapters in the series will somehow get even worse.

h7ekirq.png

This is a great idea, I promise. (the only time I used him was for rescue ferrying)

C9SPEy5.png

THIS WAS THE GREATEST OF IDEAS.

Mg7IgcW.png

Now she can do some heal botting.

5VLc9AJ.png

He would have been the new recruit had I not missed him. Thankfully, I'll have another shot at him in Chapter 15.

ygeX7J8.png

Why does Narcian still have a Delphi Shield?

YVxBglj.png

Our actual new recruit is Bors, and he exists solely to be outclassed by Perceval.

EQei6Ur.png

Bartre securing the northern front...

LjUC1x2.png

...And saving the southern front at the last possible second.

dyu0rBI.png

The northern village contained a Body Ring, but the screenshot disappeared into the abyss.

PQFmaJZ.png

It was pretty easy aside from the surprise reinforcements that almost ruined the southern front. And now it's over.

YVxBglj.png

STR: 85%

LCK: 20%

RES: 120%

Comments: He's all Strength and Resistance, but literally nothing else.

1YDCC4h.png

XjZdA7W.png

uTO2nyP.png

2yLJiKK.png

KgKoIrM.png

QvZEkE3.png

WZjiBrL.png

hy70EMu.png

Su7MJ5q.png

(I missed Bartre's last two levels but they were just an empty level and +1 Speed respectively