Anyone else going to use the Villager Boys' Canon and Best Classes?

For me it will be all Mercs at first (it will be a struggle) but eventually ill reloop them back into villagers and put them on their best classes
Kliff definitely needs to be a mage, boy gets way too many good spells to not be one.

I'm sorta conflicted on whether I want to make Tobin and Kliff Archer/Mage like in canon or Mage/Archer. I like them best as their canon classes, but Mage Tobin could be good since realistically the only Black Magic spell you really need is Excalibur and Tobin gets Physic as a Sage, while Kliff works well as anything. But on the other hand Kliff will just have straight-up better Mage stats and a wider variety of spells.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No, I will not, since I feel it's incredibly boring to just do everything like everyone else does. I will randomize their promotions.

Pfft. Lame.

15 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

I'm sorta conflicted on whether I want to make Tobin and Kliff Archer/Mage like in canon or Mage/Archer. I like them best as their canon classes, but Mage Tobin could be good since realistically the only Black Magic spell you really need is Excalibur and Tobin gets Physic as a Sage, while Kliff works well as anything. But on the other hand Kliff will just have straight-up better Mage stats and a wider variety of spells.

Tobin is the most accurate of the three and is the most likely to get unavoidable crits. It's a match made in heaven he's definitely better off being an archer.

43 minutes ago, Tsak said:

For me it will be all Mercs at first (it will be a struggle) but eventually ill reloop them back into villagers and put them on their best classes
Kliff definitely needs to be a mage, boy gets way too many good spells to not be one.

While you're at it you might as well make Atlas a merc too. It's the best class of this game and it really balances it out his strength with speed and res.

Edited by LoyalKing32

going to the canon clases i recently beat Gaiden and was a good experience for me all messing up with their classes, this time i will go more canonic since the storytelling goes expanded in Echoes

Kliff being a mage (for his giant spell list) and Gray being a mercenary (to boost his base speed a lot which is his among his weakest stats) I knew about, but I didn't know Tobin being an archer was that well agreed upon. But I suppose the reasons that LoyalKing posted sound solid and strong enough.

In my Gaiden playthrough, I made Gray a mercenary, Tobin a cavalier, and Kliff a mage. Why cavalier Tobin? Well, at the time I was really adamant on having some form of a Cain and Abel cavalier pair since I usually tend to use both cavaliers in such pairs (and using two cavaliers seemed less redundant than using two of any of the other villager promotions). For some reason, I convinced myself that I Tobin and Clerbe should be the equivalent of a Cain and Abel cavalier pair.

I'll still probably use mercenary Gray and mage Kliff if I get Shadows of Valencia, but I'm not sure if I'll use cavalier Tobin or archer Tobin. I mean, the reasons for archer Tobin sound solid enough stat-wise, but having two cavaliers generally feels more useful and less redundant than using two archers.

2 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Kliff being a mage (for his giant spell list) and Gray being a mercenary (to boost his base speed a lot which is his among his weakest stats) I knew about, but I didn't know Tobin being an archer was that well agreed upon. But I suppose the reasons that LoyalKing posted sound solid and strong enough.

In my Gaiden playthrough, I made Gray a mercenary, Tobin a cavalier, and Kliff a mage. Why cavalier Tobin? Well, at the time I was really adamant on having some form of a Cain and Abel cavalier pair since I usually tend to use both cavaliers in such pairs (and using two cavaliers seemed less redundant than using two of any of the other villager promotions). For some reason, I convinced myself that I Tobin and Clerbe should be the equivalent of a Cain and Abel cavalier pair.

I'll still probably use mercenary Gray and mage Kliff if I get Shadows of Valencia, but I'm not sure if I'll use cavalier Tobin or archer Tobin. I mean, the reasons for archer Tobin sound solid enough stat-wise, but having two cavaliers generally feels more useful and less redundant than using two archers.

Cavaliers are a ton more redundant in Alm's route. It's for the better if Tobin's an archer. Python would be the only archer ever in Alm's path so why not give a crit master bow access? The least accurate things in the game won't be a problem with Tobin's luck stat.

32 minutes ago, LoyalKing32 said:

Pfft. Lame.

Tobin is the most accurate of the three and is the most likely to get unavoidable crits. It's a match made in heaven he's definitely better off being an archer.

While you're at it you might as well make Atlas a merc too. It's the best class of this game and it really balances it out his strength with speed and res.

Why is this lame? I find it lame to just do the same as everyone else.

Archer Tobin ended up being really useful, especially since Python is Python. Yeah, he would have been better off as Mage, but I liked it.

Mage Kliff started out really good, probably because of general low Res, but by late Chapter 3 to Chapter 4 his shit growths started catching up to him. I then raised Delthea, and she has replaced him on the final team (sadly).

Still unsure.

I know Grey will always go merc. It's just his best class bar none.

For Tobin and Kliff I'm conflicted. While Archer and Mage are their canon classes, I find the reverse is just as good. I think I might just wait and see.

9 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Canon classes all the way, plus Faye as a Mage, and Atlas as a Soldier.

Why? He'll get doubled constantly and won't hit anything for shit as a soldier. His insane strength will go to waste, and his defense isn't really good enough to make him as good of a tank as Valbar.

16 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Canon classes all the way, plus Faye as a Mage, and Atlas as a Soldier.

Mercenary is better. It's the best class in the game and it helps balance out Atlas' strength with res and speed.

34 minutes ago, LoyalKing32 said:

Mercenary is better. It's the best class in the game and it helps balance out Atlas' strength with res and speed.

Merc is better, but whats the harm in having some fun with the classes? Gaiden itself was never particularly hard, I don't expect Echoes to truly punish "weird" re-classes either.

If I remember Tobin makes a much better Archer this game due to spurting a wonderful 50% skill growth... Tobin got buffed quite a bit, but still has rather low attack..

and on the backlines at least he can shut up :P