A neat detail about the ending (spoilers of course)

Wasn't sure when to post this since my topic about Mila and Duma kind of unexpectedly blew up XD

Anyway, during the ending, there's a new scene where Celica mentions laying Mila and Duma's remains on top of the highest peak of Valentia. She also speculates that sacred trees can grow from the bodies of divine dragons.

Fast forward to the final scene...

echoes-mila-tree.png

Anyway, it was a totally expected throwback, but I was giddy when I saw it.

Before you scream "retcon", that's partially true, but this concept actually existed during the development of Awakening. In the Making of Fire Emblem release late last year, the developers talked about Anankos's appearance and remarked about how the remains of dragons have lots of life energy--and that's how Mila's Tree came to be (hinting Mila was a dragon).

Also, it somewhat hand waves the location of The Demon's Ingle in Awakening AKA Duma's Remains in the Japanese version. While it's a fair distance from the Mila Tree, it's still relatively nearby and the distance can be explained by the Schism that occurs 1000 years later. At least it ended up closer than where Duma was actually defeated.

Edited by VincentASM

Huh, nice finding. I still consider it retcon.

So does that mean it's their fault we have to face those crap farces of a map-design ?
... even in death, they manage to be assholes. :p

On 1-5-2017 at 1:10 AM, LoyalKing32 said:

What else is there to fix now with Valm? Mila's Tree is covered. Walhart's design making sense now due to how Rudolf looks as well. Grima's past is being covered. 

Maybe those Japanese people having their own kingdom in Valm by the time of Awakening. Maybe they could be a Hoshidan colony or something. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe those Japanese people having their own kingdom in Valm by the time of Awakening. Maybe they could be a Hoshidan colony or something. 

That and how Wyverns got to Valm.

But honestly, those two are just time-related things. 2000 years passed between SoV and Awakening. No need to actually explain it.

On 01/05/2017 at 1:10 AM, LoyalKing32 said:

What else is there to fix now with Valm? Mila's Tree is covered. Walhart's design making sense now due to how Rudolf looks as well. Grima's past is being covered. 

Where is the second Falchion ?

Just now, Miatt said:

Where is the second Falchion ?

Walhart smashed it until it was usable as an axe.

Ok all jokes aside, we don't really know. Maybe it was lost. Unlike the Arcahenan Falchion, the Valentian Falchion isn't a treasure of the royal family, unless i'm missing something.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Walhart can't use the Valentian Falchion since he's not of the royal bloodline, right? What even happened to that bloodline?

I would say it died out but if Marth's bloodline can last 2000 years and Ike can have a descendant, i see no reason why Alm and Celica's bloodline would die out.

If the Valentian Falchion wasn't made a treasure of the Valentian royal family, then there's your anwser. 

If it was a treasure of the royal family, then maybe it was lost during the Schism.

A third explanation is that Walhart actually isn't descended from Alm and Celica. There's definitly a connection between Alm and Walhart (Alm having Conquerer as his Over-Class) but it could just be that Walhart was inspired by Alm.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I would say it died out but if Marth's bloodline can last 2000 years and Ike can have a descendant, i see no reason why Alm and Celica's bloodline would die out.

If the Valentian Falchion wasn't made a treasure of the Valentian royal family, then there's your anwser. 

If it was a treasure of the royal family, then maybe it was lost during the Schism.

A third explanation is that Walhart actually isn't descended from Alm and Celica. There's definitly a connection between Alm and Walhart (Alm having Conquerer as his Over-Class) but it could just be that Walhart was inspired by Alm.

How would a sword made from Naga's fang and bestowed to Alm by Mila NOT be a royal treasure? I don't think we even need to consider that. "Lost in the Schism" is plausible I guess.

Wasn't Walhart a random from a village, and not of royal blood? I can't actually remember his backstory.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wasn't Walhart a random from a village, and not of royal blood? I can't actually remember his backstory.

They never really say. All we know about Walhart was that he conquered all of Valm in preperation to fight Grima but was manipulated by Excellus.

Virion also states thay Walhart became the man he is because he did not have a compassionate queen at his side.

As for Valm itself, we know Valentia was renamed to Valm in honor of Alm. And according to the Wiki, the person who did that was Alm's immideate successor, so likely his firstborn child who ascended to the Valentian throne. Then during the Schism, Valm split into several countries, and it wasn't until 1000 years later, when Walhart conquered them all and united the continent once again (even if he did rule with an iron fist).

I suppose the only way the connection between Alm and Walhart will be confirmed is if FE16 takes place during the Schism.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They never really say. All we know about Walhart was that he conquered all of Valm in preperation to fight Grima but was manipulated by Excellus.

Virion also states thay Walhart became the man he is because he did not have a compassionate queen at his side.

As for Valm itself, we know Valentia was renamed to Valm in honor of Alm. And according to the Wiki, the person who did that was Alm's immideate successor, so likely his firstborn child who ascended to the Valentian throne. Then during the Schism, Valm split into several countries, and it wasn't until 1000 years later, when Walhart conquered them all and united the continent once again (even if he did rule with an iron fist).

I suppose the only way the connection between Alm and Walhart will be confirmed is if FE16 takes place during the Schism.

Lol, Virion.

I think there's a strong chance of the royal bloodline getting wiped out, if Valm was in such a state. Likely because the people didn't like their rule anymore.

33 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol, Virion.

I think there's a strong chance of the royal bloodline getting wiped out, if Valm was in such a state. Likely because the people didn't like their rule anymore.

Archanea went through the same thing too though, yet Marth's bloodline still exists. Remember, at the end of Mystery/New Mystery, the United Kingdom of Archanea was established, with Marth as it's ruler. That kingdom doesn't exist by the time Awakening happens.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Archanea went through the same thing too though, yet Marth's bloodline still exists. Remember, at the end of Mystery/New Mystery, the United Kingdom of Archanea was established, with Marth as it's ruler. That kingdom doesn't exist by the time Awakening happens.

That's true, I guess.

On 5/2/2017 at 11:19 PM, Armagon said:

I'd be shocked if they didn't eventually make a game for that story, since its the biggest hole in the timeline right now. Plus it has a lot to work with: covering the Scishm, the story of the First Exalt, the battle to seal Grima away the first time, etc. It basically writes itself.

19 minutes ago, TheWerdna said:

I'd be shocked if they didn't eventually make a game for that story, since its the biggest hole in the timeline right now. Plus it has a lot to work with: covering the Scishm, the story of the First Exalt, the battle to seal Grima away the first time, etc. It basically writes itself.

inb4 that  story turns out to be FE: Switch

On 4/30/2017 at 5:16 PM, VincentASM said:

Wasn't sure when to post this since my topic about Mila and Duma kind of unexpectedly blew up XD

Somehow I feel you are referring to me when you say that. ^^;