FE Echoes Sells Through 80% of it's Initial Shipment

Here. I figured that I would post this here since some people seemed to be worrying that it was under-performing, and that it would mean the end of the series or something. Pretty sure it's performing exactly to expectations. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful. Series is dead. It should have sold-through 200% of its first shipment.

Expect an announcement of FE: Switch's cancellation in the coming weeks, and a new patch in SSB4 that removes the FE characters.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Awful. Series is dead. It should have sold-through 200% of its first shipment.

Expect an announcement of FE: Switch's cancellation in the coming weeks, and a new patch in SSB4 that removes the FE characters.

I agree. I'm extremely disappointed by such a terrible result.

Okay, jokes aside, this is actually a pretth decent performance, especially considering that It's more of a "side project" than anything else.

What brain-addled fella was saying the series would end if SoV didn't sell well?  Unless they're saying that we wouldn't get more remakes, but even then...

Anyway, I suppose for as... unique Gaiden is and as much as this is more of a spin-off (?), it did decently well, all things considered.  It's not a smashing success, exactly, but I'm under the assumption that if nothing else, western curiosity will help bump its sales more.  Though with no waifu-mechanics, a certain portion of the fanbase will turn their noses up on this game... which is unfortunate.

Whew, while not a stupendous number, it's still better than the grim picture some of us had in our mind's eye though Nintendo should have pushed SoV a bit more when it came to its marketing. The numbers will go up a bunch when it is released in the west for sure. I think it's safe to assume that we'll get more remakes, especially since Genealogy has marriage. 

Edited by Leif

11 hours ago, Leif said:

Whew, while not a stupendous number, it's still better than the grim picture some of us had in our mind's eye though Nintendo should have pushed SoV a bit more when it came to its marketing. The numbers will go up a bunch when it is released in the west for sure. I think it's safe to assume that we'll get more remakes, especially since Genealogy has marriage. 

Even then, I don't think a Genealogy remake is necessary. FE1 and Gaiden desperately needed it because they really didn't age well and we have the Project Naga translation of FE4. That, and if they did remake it, chances are they'd probably just water all the mature elements from that game down. 

Edited by AmericanBuizel

6 hours ago, Cat Villager said:

And now IS have about 35 semi-new characters they could put into Heroes gacha and some people will spend money on them. I guess you can call it an investment.

Ding ding.

Heroes, Cipher, Warriors, and prospective future spin-off entries all benefit substantially from Gaiden now being marketable.

1 hour ago, AmericanBuizel said:

Even then, I don't think a Genealogy remake is necessary. FE1 and Gaiden desperately needed it because they really didn't age well and we have the Project Naga translation of FE4. That, and if they did remake it, chances are they'd probably just water all the mature elements from that game down. 

Nintendo no longer waters down mature elements from games with mature audiences (unless it is something like soliel that caries implications not intended by the developers). If the moral of the story is something non-controversal like "incest is bad. Never do it", i don't think that nindendo would cut it out. (they totaly would have cut it out if fe4 had been localised on release, though. See also tharja.

35 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

*Looks at Tokyo Mirage Sessions and FE Fates*  Uh, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Like I said, everything they cut in fates was unintentionaly cringeworthy. the difference is that the stuff they cut has an implied sanction by letting the main character do it (i admit that i don't know what was sensered in TMS). All of the dark things in fe4 are things that the villans do. Give me one example of an FE game censoring something that the villens do because it is too dark.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Like I said, everything they cut in fates was unintentionaly cringeworthy. the difference is that the stuff they cut has an implied sanction by letting the main character do it (i admit that i don't know what was sensered in TMS). All of the dark things in fe4 are things that the villans do. Give me one example of an FE game censoring something that the villens do because it is too dark.

While I can't find anything related to villains that was cut, not everything that Fates cut out was "cringworthy."  A lot of changes made to dialogue in the supports removes the depth the original had in place of childish writing.  Click the link below to see all the stupid changes made to dailogue

Fire Emblem Fates - Treehouse "lolcalization"

As for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, well A LOT of things were censored

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Censorship - Censored Gaming Ft. Lockstin / Gnoggin

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Treehouse "lolcalization"

Models were constantly censored, dialogue was rewritten and rerecorded, despite the game not getting an English dub, an entire chapter was rewritten because the original had to do with one of your party members originally being a Gravure model, even the official artbook got censored overseas. 

This is why I don't trust Nintendo to actually deliver on mature elements in their upcoming games because they have shown me that they do not want that anywhere near their games.  In fact I would have canceled my pre-order of Shadows of Valentia and potentially have not bought it altogether if it was revealed that Treehouse would have been the ones in charge of the localization of SoV because Treehouse and Nintendo have shattered my trust.  Also, Treehouse, their in company localization team, has recently made a Tumblr account.  So a division filled with people who like to censor everything are now on a platform notorious for being filled with people who get offended by everything (in fact it was because of one dumb fuck on Tumblr misinterpreting the Soleil and Corrin support that the scene was changed).  And before you say anything, yes I know that Treehouse worked on Fire Emblem games in the past, but that doesn't excuse their current team being awful.

At least they didn't touch this game thank god hopefully the next one as well which is very possible as well especially from the massive backlash they should stick to cartoony games and not ruining Japanese oriented games yeah they are doing Xenoblade 2 and I'm expecting the absolute worst thanks goodness for region free but we'll see on that again expecting the worse.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

At least they didn't touch this game thank god hopefully the next one as well which is very possible as well especially from the massive backlash they should stick to cartoony games and not ruining Japanese oriented games yeah they are doing Xenoblade 2 and I'm expecting the absolute worst thanks goodness for region free but we'll see on that again expecting the worse.

Didn't the Treehouse work on Xenoblade X as well? Because literally the only thing that was censored in that game was something insigniciant. 

Honestly, i never minded the changes in Fates and TMS. They aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

If Xenoblade 2 doesn't have British voice acting tho, then i'm gonna download the Japanese version, assuming it pulls a Disgea 5 and comes with an English translation for everything except the voice acting, for obvious reasons. If not, well, i'll just stick to the English version. Xenoblade X had good VAs, even if most of them weren't British like in the original.

Edit: Breath of the Wild was localized by the Treehouse. Or at the very least, some it's members were part of the localization. Breath of the Wild had things that could've been censored but weren't. And we all know how much of a great game Breath of the Wild is.

Edited by Armagon

8-4 helped out with Xenoblade X, so it wasn't a sole Treehouse project in that case.

What's funny about 8-4 though is that when they were brought in for X some complained because of some of their changes in the past, so it's not like 8-4 is completely let off the hook when it comes to localizations. In fact, before Fates they probably were the go-to scapegoats for 'bad' localizations and even after that game they still get a good amount of bile spewed at them considering how some are dancing in joy at their lack of involvement in Xenoblade 2.

Edited by Medeus

To be honest, I am just so happy, that Echoes seems to fulfill the expectations of the producers. And I would love more remakes, like Genealogy of the holy war. I understand that some are scared of what they would do with the game, but I think the chance for a great game is just too promising to let it slip

Edited by Titania
Grammar mistake

35 minutes ago, Medeus said:

8-4 helped out with Xenoblade X, so it wasn't a sole Treehouse project in that case.

What's funny about 8-4 though is that when they were brought in for X some complained because of some of their changes in the past, so it's not like 8-4 is completely let off the hook when it comes to localizations. In fact, before Fates they probably were the go-to scapegoats for 'bad' localizations and even after that game they still get a good amount of bile spewed at them considering how some are dancing in joy at their lack of involvement in Xenoblade 2.

Adding to this, 8-4 doesn't exactly have a perfect record with their own projects, i mean, just look at the original localization of Gunvolt 1. Now granted, i hear that Inti Creates just wanted the game out, so it's not completely 8-4's fault but still. At least the Steam version of Gunvolt 1 had a better localization, which was later patched in for the 3DS version due to the requests of fans.

Yeah. The "a geneology remake would pollute the original" argument made me wory before echoes was a thing. The fact that echos kept all of the "gaiden" elements (to the point of intentionaly gimping the AI). makes me think that a geneology remake would keep all of the "geneology" elements.

8-4 is still better for these genre of games unlike Treehouse which as if JRPG games doesn't exist. Anyway back on topic the initial 80% initial shipment was expected even by Nintendo they got the number they predict so its all good for them.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

11 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

And before you say anything, yes I know that Treehouse worked on Fire Emblem games in the past, but that doesn't excuse their current team being awful.

They weren't exactly top-notch there either. Keep in mind that Path of Radiance's difficulty was screwed up so badly in the localization that it managed to break Radiant Dawn, and Radiant Dawn not only did similar muddling there but also lost a script and had Kyza toned down.

8-4 has its own issues but they gave us Shadow Dragon so they can't be all bad.

39 minutes ago, Iridium said:

They weren't exactly top-notch there either. Keep in mind that Path of Radiance's difficulty was screwed up so badly in the localization that it managed to break Radiant Dawn, and Radiant Dawn not only did similar muddling there but also lost a script and had Kyza toned down.

8-4 has its own issues but they gave us Shadow Dragon so they can't be all bad.

And NOA did FE7. What issues can you level there? Lyn's age-up and one or two translation mistakes, but SD isn't error-free either.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, 8-4 doesn't exactly have a perfect record with their own projects, i mean, just look at the original localization of Gunvolt 1. Now granted, i hear that Inti Creates just wanted the game out, so it's not completely 8-4's fault but still. At least the Steam version of Gunvolt 1 had a better localization, which was later patched in for the 3DS version due to the requests of fans.

Awakening's exhibit A here, for doing basically everything Fates did but not being met with near as much vitriol.

12 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Also, Treehouse, their in company localization team, has recently made a Tumblr account.  So a division filled with people who like to censor everything are now on a platform notorious for being filled with people who get offended by everything (in fact it was because of one dumb fuck on Tumblr misinterpreting the Soleil and Corrin support that the scene was changed).

Good grief. There are so many things wrong here.
Your tumblr correlation is pathetic and flawed-- there are tons of non-SJW tumbler users (I follow several-- mostly gaming youtubers).
Secondly, the whole Soleil controversy started with a joke tweet (confirmed by Kirokan, who chronicled it and pointed out how one of their friends made the tweet).
And thirdly, how on earth could that support have been done tastefully without changing it?

Most of the "mature" elements are either implied or part of the villains' plan.
Considering they kept the incest in Fates and general track record, your fears are entirely unfounded. 

Edited by The DanMan