FE Echoes Sells Through 80% of it's Initial Shipment

On 5/8/2017 at 7:59 AM, The DanMan said:

...You're so self-serious and ridiculous about this.
All you guys do is hellraise over the tiniest of things and make discussion uncomfortable for most everyone else.
You're just making a fool of yourself. 

Agreed on AmericanBuizel. Same with that other guy that posted in response to a quote. I am glad that the series is selling well though.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bufkus said:

Enough with this nonsense. The truth is that you are a bunch of perverted hentai-loving pedophiles who get upset at the removal of anime panties, bikinis, and tits. Nothing more. You wouldn't know what free speech was if it hit you in the face (hint: it has to do with government, not private companies). 

LOL this got me good, you tell em boy
seriously, calling the localization censorship is a little ridiculous. We won't always agree with the changes but they do change some for the better. But it really is what it is

Edited by Tsak
for real though

On 5/7/2017 at 11:56 PM, AmericanBuizel said:

We "censorship warriors" 

You and the others like you are a bunch of whiny brats who call foul at everything you don't like and act like a victim every time you get called out. 

are the ones that are trying to get a quality product from Nintendo.

"Oh noes, a shirt was drawn on that character! That's censorship and never should be done!" is your battle cry. But where are you when a game is released being broken and buggy like Bethesda does all the time? Nowhere to be found and all that I hear from your camp? Crickets. 

That's how business' work, they provide the quality product and we go and buy it. 

Obviously you have no idea how the business world of video games work. Bethesda, Activision, Konami, Capcom, Sega(For a while in the mid to late 2000s), and EA all say hello. They've been releasin shit products for years with content cut out to be sold as DLC, games with more bugs than an ant hill, or locking DLC on the disc, but they all keep selling very well. Hmm...

If they fuck up on something, we have to call them out and rip them a new one, we can't just be fucking sheep. 

When you start calling out the companies I listed above for releasing broken and buggy games, games that have had content cut out to be sold back to you as DLC, and games that have had DLC locked away on the game disc, I'll take this more seriously. Until then, you're a hypocrite and nothing more.

Besides, unlike the SJWs working at Nintendo,

Ah yes, the old standby go to line for people like yourself, "Those damned SJWs are always messing things up." Fun fact, SJWs aren't the biggest prudes on the planet. It's the people blamin them for everythin.

we're the ones that are in support of free speech. 

Only free speech that you agree with. You're against speech that you disagree with and outright play the victim card when confronted by it.

I facepalmed when alcohol was removed from the localization in echoes, but unlike someone in your camp, I didn't go out and scream "Boycott! Boycott!" It's an optional thing that was taken out of the game, whoop-dee-freakin-doo. No reasonable person should care much if at all.

By the way AmericanBuizel, instead of opening your mouth and showing us all that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, next time why don't you actually go and research the things you're talking about from multiple sources and not just sources you agree with. Because you make it painfully obvious, even to my oblivious self that you either do no research or look only into sources that you agree with.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

Honestly, I'd imagine it will do a bit better in the west simply by the virtue of being a remake of a game we never had officially release, post the Awakening/Fates bump in the mainstream popularity of the franchise. A lot more fans out there who would care about seeing a Japanese only game released, as opposed to the smaller fanbase circa Shadow Dragon.

Its gonna be interesting seeing how it does overseas with how little push it got I still fear my decent sales amount prediction will be more less than in my expected amount but either way a brand new FE Switch game is on the horizon soon next year so how it does won't affect the more grander bigger game coming.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

It could also have to do with the fact of how the remakes of Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, despite being remakes, weren't exactly the best games. But I think Echoes will do well overall and they won't try to stop making remakes, especially since this remake is making overseas, so the profits should actually be big. 

Also, no the worst case scenario is actually the case of games relying purely on fanservice to get the games out.

19 hours ago, bufkus said:

Enough with this nonsense. The truth is that you are a bunch of perverted hentai-loving pedophiles who get upset at the removal of anime panties, bikinis, and tits. Nothing more. You wouldn't know what free speech was if it hit you in the face (hint: it has to do with government, not private companies). 

Except for the fact that I actually hated fan service part in Fates. It's the cringey dialogue, theme changes, mediocre voice acting, character personality changes, dumbing down any maturity the game had, etc that I hate. 

EDIT: "You and the others like you are a bunch of whiny brats who call foul at everything you don't like and act like a victim every time you get called out."

I never said myself or anyone like me are "victims". We're just pissed off consumers who expect quality products. 

"'Oh noes, a shirt was drawn on that character! That's censorship and never should be done!' is your battle cry. But where are you when a game is released being broken and buggy like Bethesda does all the time? Nowhere to be found and all that I hear from your camp? Crickets."

I don't even care about censoring anime titties, I do however care about altered personalities, removing mature themes, etc. 

"Obviously you have no idea how the business world of video games work. Bethesda, Activision, Konami, Capcom, Sega(For a while in the mid to late 2000s), and EA all say hello. They've been releasin shit products for years with content cut out to be sold as DLC, games with more bugs than an ant hill, or locking DLC on the disc, but they all keep selling very well. Hmm..."

Funny you mention that, because I've actually critisized those companies for years, ESPECIALLY Sega. I do it more to Nintendo though because they're a company I care about more and want to see them improve. That, and they've been fucking up debatably worse (I.E. Not having hardware on par with Sony's or MS'.) 

"Ah yes, the old standby go to line for people like yourself, 'Those damned SJWs are always messing things up.' Fun fact, SJWs aren't the biggest prudes on the planet. It's the people blamin them for everythin."

Nope, they're the ones that are worse. Don't believe me? Try visiting my town and seeing all these SJWs anti-Trump "protestors" vandalizing business'. 

"Only free speech that you agree with. You're against speech that you disagree with and outright play the victim card when confronted by it."

Nope, I'm not. I rarely block people and I never flag people or get their online social media accounts removed like all these SJW cunts do. Your free to say whatever you want, but I'm not going to agree with it. 

"By the way AmericanBuizel, instead of opening your mouth and showing us all that you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, next time why don't you actually go and research the things you're talking about from multiple sources and not just sources you agree with. Because you make it painfully obvious, even to my oblivious self that you either do no research or look only into sources that you agree with."

I've skimmed through multiple sources before, and they all say that Fates was censored and changed. Next time, don't just assume shit without researching, M'kay Thran Starcord? :^) 

Edited by AmericanBuizel

8 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

I've skimmed through multiple sources before

Every counter argument you just attempted was destroyed by this very line, especially yer snarky attempt at telling me to practice what I preach(I generally do). Skimming through sources isn't research, it's light reading. And to prevent the politics angle from being used, there's a member here called @Miath, she and I differ in our political views, but I listen to her because she does her research into things and shows her work. You just flail angrily.

Even when I call people out on my youtube channel, I try to call them out, mention what they did and explain why that ticks me off and leave it at that. I never have to feel the need to swear at them or insult them. When you learn how to do that, then you may try to debate with me. Until then, go flail angrily at someone else.

Anyhoo, since it seems to be selling well and I do have high hopes for it selling well in the west, I hope we finally get that binding blade remake that I've been wanting for the longest time.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

Ah, it seems that I was unsuccessful in trying to keep this thread on topic. Oh well, maybe when the game finally releases people can create a topic about changes where they can complain.

Oh, and one more thing:

6 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

Nope, I'm not. I rarely block people and I never flag people or get their online social media accounts removed like all these SJW cunts do. Your free to say whatever you want, but I'm not going to agree with it. 

I'm not going to touch on anything else you said, but I can guarantee you that blocking and not engaging with people you dislike is 100% more productive than calling people you disagree with cunts on a video game board.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:10 PM, Thran Starcrod said:

I facepalmed when alcohol was removed from the localization in echoes, but unlike someone in your camp, I didn't go out and scream "Boycott! Boycott!" It's an optional thing that was taken out of the game, whoop-dee-freakin-doo. No reasonable person should care much if at all.

Not gonna touch everything else you said because while I do agree with you, this is not what the topic is for but...

I'm pretty sure the alcohol feature wasn't removed in the localization. I read its a scrapped feature also in the Japanese version, along with character ages.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Thran StarcrodDoof's right-- alcohol consumption was dummied out in development, not removed during the localization process.

Not something I knew about. I merely used that as an example.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Thran StarcrodDoof's right-- alcohol consumption was dummied out in development, not removed during the localization process.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that. I thought at first Palla wasn't old enough to drink, but then I remembered she was supposed to be 23, so I scratched my head in confusion for a few seconds there.

Sort of reminds me of how people think Phoenix Wright drinking grape juice was the localization censoring him drinking wine. Just watch, people will think this was censored as well.

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

Imagine my surprise when I saw that. I thought at first Palla wasn't old enough to drink, but then I remembered she was supposed to be 23, so I scratched my head in confusion for a few seconds there.

Sort of reminds me of how people think Phoenix Wright drinking grape juice was the localization censoring him drinking wine. Just watch, people will think this was censored as well.

Already happened. I think two days ago, some YouTube account called "Censored Gaming" uploaded a video called "Drinking Alcohol Removed From Fire Emblem Echoes". Although they mention in the video that it was removed from both versions of the game, of course a bunch of people screamed "CENSORSHIP" just because they can't watch the damn video. I think it is mostly the accounts fault, however. Like, who uploads a video of a dummied-out feature on a channel called "Censored Gaming"? Check out the video here- 

2 hours ago, Thane said:

If anything, I believe they removed it entirely because of potential headaches during localization.

As for the latter, a thread claiming it was censored made the frontpage of Gamefaqs yesterday. ...Yeah.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

If anything, I believe they removed it entirely because of potential headaches during localization.

As for the latter, a thread claiming it was censored made the frontpage of Gamefaqs yesterday. ...Yeah.

And now they're starting to pull a Pokemon. IS and Nintendo need to learn that Fire Emblem of all things is NOT for kids. It's for Teenagers and Young Adults that are into Anime and other nerdy shit. Fuck NoA for indirectly making them globalize the franchise like what happened to Pokemon. 

Edited by AmericanBuizel

On 05/09/2017 at 0:10 PM, Thran Starcrod said:

*stuff*

Just block AmericanBuizel.

Every other post they make is "IS needs to learn" while they never learn anything about being a decent person or an actual contributor to the community rather than whining about every little thing like a little entitled child.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Every other post they make is "IS needs to learn" while they never learn anything about being a decent person or an actual contributor to the community rather than whining about every little thing like a little entitled child.

I've already done so, this is the third topic I've seen him do this. I just wanted to retort to his comment.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Fun fact, I've actually made posts that aren't related to localizations. Try again bitch. 

26 minutes ago, AmericanBuizel said:

Fun fact, I've actually made posts that aren't related to localizations. Try again bitch. 

Wait, sorry, what? Pardon me for popping up here, but... could you at least try to show a little more tact?

8 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

You neither have a concept of respect nor restraint. As someone has put it wonderfully, you "flail angrily" at anyone who disagrees with you. Your own posts speak volumes about your personality, level of intelligence, maturity, and insecurities.

Now, as you've mentioned in the topic earlier you "just want Nintendo/IS to make a better product".

Yet a majority of your posts always attempt to get the masses riled up against "localization heresy".

Let me ask a question about your background with this:

Have you ever spoken Japanese? Do you even know anything about their cultural background to understand why certain things are off putting in the west? Have you even played the original Gaiden?

Have you ever seen the untranslated things yourself without going through a translator to be able to judge them without a filter?

What do you see yourself doing in this community?

You have contributed absolutely nothing but whining even in non localization related posts. You have no following here. You're pretty much seen by the veterans as the class clown, never to be taken seriously. You're a joke on this forum whenever you attempt to seriously rant about their "localization crimes".

You speak for no one but yourself. And inherently, your quest for IS to make a better product will never reach anyone's of importance's ears. Especially not Japanese developers, nor the people in charge of localizing the game.

The atmosphere created by the Japanese Echoes game with its voice acting, CGs, and gameplay that I myself has experienced aren't going to be lost during localization.

Your attempts to be petty and find some miniscule flaw in an otherwise wonderful remake full of passion and love for the series by the devs are sorely misplaced.

You're that angry client with insatiable demands on "my clients from hell" or akin to those people who try to justify never paying for art.

Edited by shadowofchaos

On 5/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, shadowofchaos said:

You neither have a concept of respect nor restraint. As someone has put it wonderfully, you "flail angrily" at anyone who disagrees with you. Your own posts speak volumes about your personality, level of intelligence, maturity, and insecurities.

Now, as you've mentioned in the topic earlier you "just want Nintendo/IS to make a better product".

Yet a majority of your posts always attempt to get the masses riled up against "localization heresy".

Let me ask a question about your background with this:

Have you ever spoken Japanese? Do you even know anything about their cultural background to understand why certain things are off putting in the west? Have you even played the original Gaiden?

Have you ever seen the untranslated things yourself without going through a translator to be able to judge them without a filter?

What do you see yourself doing in this community?

You have contributed absolutely nothing but whining even in non localization related posts. You have no following here. You're pretty much seen by the veterans as the class clown, never to be taken seriously. You're a joke on this forum whenever you attempt to seriously rant about their "localization crimes".

You speak for no one but yourself. And inherently, your quest for IS to make a better product will never reach anyone's of importance's ears. Especially not Japanese developers, nor the people in charge of localizing the game.

The atmosphere created by the Japanese Echoes game with its voice acting, CGs, and gameplay that I myself has experienced aren't going to be lost during localization.

Your attempts to be petty and find some miniscule flaw in an otherwise wonderful remake full of passion and love for the series by the devs are sorely misplaced.

You're that angry client with insatiable demands on "my clients from hell" or akin to those people who try to justify never paying for art.

Preach it, that guy deserved that roast.