Fire Emblem Gaiden - Blind Ironman Co-op Let's Play

Steel here, welcome to Fire Emblem Gaiden - Blind Ironman Co-op Let's Play! My second let's play ever. A fun little thing I'm doing with my friends while we await the release of Echoes. The idea is to experience the original NES Gaiden blindly, so we can check out what Fire Emblem was like 25 years ago and appreciate the changes and improvements Echoes adds in the 3DS remake.

What makes this Let's Play interesting?

Blind - First time. We have no clue what's going on. Never played Gaiden before. So we learn and discover as we go. There will be surprises. There will be mistakes. That's part of the fun, learning things as we go along and sometimes making mistakes and having to deal with them and learn things the hard way.

Ironman - No resetting upon death. No reviving characters with shrines. It amps up the stakes. Makes things more difficult. Mistakes will have consequences. Errors will be punished. I like a good challenge, bring it on!

Co-op - Comedic co-op commentary! I'm playing with two of my good friends. never a dull moment, never a lull in conversation. Jokes abound. You'll also see different perspectives on the game, I'm a series veteran playing since FE7 released on the GBA, while my friends started the series with Awakening and have only played the 3DS games and Heroes.

We started this a weeks ago and am currently on Chapter 3. I only recently returned to this site so I only just got around to posting it here, but there still should be plenty of time to watch before Echoes if you're interested.

The goal is to be done at least a week before the North American launch of Echoes. I try to upload new episodes every day.

Playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrhvZk3o62Z1kbKbpmJtJB8-txc_Ekjzk

Here's the first video:

Thanks for watching, have fun!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing
video embedding