Tool request topic

Kirb1337

Posted here because it didn't look like it'd fit in any subforums

I created this thread because i want to get better at programming.

Basically, this is where you can ask me to make tools to make things easier/faster.

Rules:

-only submit 1 tools request at a time.

-please make sure that the tools you want to be made hasn't already been made.

How will this work:

You submit a tool request, i make the tools, i pm it to you and upload it here

Hopefully this'll get a lot of request so that i can get good!

Note:all of my tools are made with c#

current waiting list:

-FE4 Army Editor

Need more info:

-Easy reclasser? i have a slight idea of how it should look like but i still need more info.

Edited by Kirb1337

27 minutes ago, Knight Adam said:

Hmmm.

How about a "easy reclass tool" for FE7/8 so I can choose the classes I want for each unit without digging in the chapter unit editors or getting a lucky roll with the randomizer.

So you mean the chapter unit editor but only the classes shows up?

Would be pretty easy to do but seems kinda useless 

Edited by Kirb1337

I think he's talking about how to change a unit's class to have to load the appropriate Chapter Unit module (we're talking about 20-something modules to load and edit one after the other) and then scroll down the entries until you find him/her... also some characters have multiple entries. And I think the character's class in the Character Editor module has to be changed as well, or does that not matter? An easier-to-use module would admittedly be nice, if maybe not all that needed IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

I think he's talking about how to change a unit's class to have to load the appropriate Chapter Unit module (we're talking about 20-something modules to load and edit one after the other) and then scroll down the entries until you find him/her... also some characters have multiple entries. And I think the character's class in the Character Editor module has to be changed as well, or does that not matter? An easier-to-use module would admittedly be nice, if maybe not all that needed IMHO.

(In fe7 at least)The class in the character editor only influences which idle sprite the unit will use in the support reader.

Just now, Kirb1337 said:
10 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

(In fe7 at least)The class in the character editor only influences which idle sprite the unit will use in the support reader.

Oh well, thanks. Good to know.

make a gbage equivalent that actually works on mac plz im dying

In all seriousness I don't have many ideas, but if you're looking for a challenge, maybe consider making a program that allows you to create and edit maps, then place enemies on it and determine player unit placement - essentially a map editor combined with the Chapter Unit editor. IDK if it's actually possible, but it'd be neat if it was.

7 hours ago, Orange Juice said:

make a gbage equivalent that actually works on mac plz im dying

Cant you use mono to make it work? Im pretty sure crazycolorz got ea working on mac using that.

7 hours ago, Orange Juice said:

In all seriousness I don't have many ideas, but if you're looking for a challenge, maybe consider making a program that allows you to create and edit maps, then place enemies on it and determine player unit placement - essentially a map editor combined with the Chapter Unit editor. IDK if it's actually possible, but it'd be neat if it was.

If i remember correctly, lexouduck is doing something like that for emblem magic's event editor.

7 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

An army formation edit tool for FE4.

I'm trying with excel sheet for it, but if you can make a C# app, it would be great.

Can't you just use the nightmare modules to do something like that? Or did i misunderstand the question?

17 minutes ago, Kirb1337 said:

Can't you just use the nightmare modules to do something like that? Or did i misunderstand the question?

Uhm, yes you can use nightmare modules to do that. But it's not easy to visualize the output result.

It also affects the moving pattern of any army that use the same formation.

Depend on the leader's initial position and the army's marching direction, all other member's positions need to be altered as well.

And it's complicated enough for you to mess everything up by using NMM alone every time you change even just 1 bit of data.

Untitled001.png

6 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Uhm, yes you can use nightmare modules to do that. But it's not easy to visualize the output result.

It also affects the moving pattern of any army that use the same formation.

Depend on the leader's initial position and the army's marching direction, all other member's positions need to be altered as well.

And it's complicated enough for you to mess everything up by using NMM alone every time you change even just 1 bit of data.

Untitled001.png

I see what you mean. i'll add it to my list of stuff to do.

A randomizer for FE 4/5 like the GBA tool would be fun. Reclassing, new bases and growths, and randomized character skills and holy blood, all for both allied units and enemies would really create a new experience. Seems like a lot to ask for but...