What ESOV characters + what weapon choice for Celica if the developers add Team Celica to the future batch possibly when Echoes: Shadows of Valentia comes out interational?

Thoughts?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What weapon type for Celica do you think the developers will might use for Celica in Fire Emblem Heroes?

• Sword
    • Fire Magic (Red Unit)
    • Thunder Magic (Blue Unit)
    • Wind Magic? since she has the Excalibur spell (Green Unit)
    • I have no clue about that?
  2. 2. Do you think they'll might add the Masked Knight similar to like how they added Faye for Alm's team in Fire Emblem Heroes as a remake additional character?

• I think yes.
    • I think yes, but allow him to keep the mask on to keep his identity a secret for newer players and other heroes.
    • I think yes, but he will might take off the mask like Lucina.
    • I think yes, but I think the developers will probably keep some of his hidden secret backstory plots in the dialogue and conversations to Kiran and any Heroes excepts Celica and her team.
    • No, I think he's more of a spoiler character like Lucina.
  3. 3. Regarding about which chapter will we be facing Celica at?

• Maybe an another Paralogue
    • Maybe the next 11th Main Story Chapter (or other number) like Ike from the new Chapter 10?

For a Celica banner, I would expect/want the first 4-5 characters to be Celica, Boey, Saber, either Sonia or Deen, and Leon or Genny.

Celica would most likely have her sword or Ragnarok, a super strong spell with some affect but decreases health after use, similar to Gaiden mechanics.

Boey could work as a green mage, especially with the lack of greens. He'll most likely be given a tome, as not every Gaiden characters needs special treatment.

Saber has plot relevance in Echoes, so I'd think he'd be in. Obviously a red sword user.

I'd like to believe Sonia or Deen could make it in the second SoV banner, they were pretty cool looking characters. Sonia would probably be a green or blue mage while Deen is obvious red.

Just to fill in the colorless cast, I'd expect to see Genny or Leon. I'm leaning more towards Genny on this one though.

I could be entirely wrong, but that's just my thoughts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Really? I was trying for accuracy (see: Fury) except for Ragnarok (I just want a weapon with Close Counter built into it, since we have several Distant Counter weapons), so that's really nice to hear. Thanks, mate.

I had just gone with Sol to simulate Nosferatu's HP-recovery effect, since I think that's something Celica gets (and to counter Fury's self-damage), but Swap would be pretty good too, haha.

Now, I just need for Genny with Invoke to get on the banner and I'll definitely be pulling on this banner.

Honestly is she has a setup like you described then I'd be really tempted to roll for a Celica next time even though I already have 4 reds at 5* and an Erica I'm planning to promote lol.

Nosferatu is a Cleric/Saint only skill so Celica can't use it in game but she does have the HP stealing skill attached to the golden dagger which upgrades into her unique sword, although the golden dagger is originally given to Saber (you just have to unequip it later) so maybe he'll have Sol?

I just realized I completely forgot to mention Genny in my earlier post, probably as a result of my personal desire to not draw anymore healers after getting two more from the current banner.  Personally I really like Genny and she's great in Echoes (that Dear range) but unfortunately healers in this game don't deal much damage even if they have really high attack like she likely would have if they make her stats similar to Echoes.

By the way, what skill is Invoke?

3 minutes ago, Evat said:

Honestly is she has a setup like you described then I'd be really tempted to roll for a Celica next time even though I already have 4 reds at 5* and an Erica I'm planning to promote lol.

Nosferatu is a Cleric/Saint only skill so Celica can't use it in game but she does have the HP stealing skill attached to the golden dagger which upgrades into her unique sword, although the golden dagger is originally given to Saber (you just have to unequip it later) so maybe he'll have Sol?

I just realized I completely forgot to mention Genny in my earlier post, probably as a result of my personal desire to not draw anymore healers after getting two more from the current banner.  Personally I really like Genny and she's great in Echoes (that Dear range) but unfortunately healers in this game don't deal much damage even if they have really high attack like she likely would have if they make her stats similar to Echoes.

By the way, what skill is Invoke?

Ah, I'd tried to give Saber a skillset, but I couldn't see what he could use for a Special/Command Skill. Since he has Sol on his weapon, that makes things much easier to visualize! Now I could see him having a Silver Sword+ (I would go Brave Sword, but that's a different thing in Heroes than it appears to be in Echoes) / Sol / HP +5 / Spur ATK/SPD 2 (we already have DEF/RES 2, so why not?)... though I know next to nothing about Saber, like most Echoes characters.

And yeah, I didn't realize that Celica couldn't use Nosferatu at the time, I thought she would have it since I recall her getting some White Magic on top of her Black Magic and Sword-having... I guess that means Swap would be on her then. Swap's still pretty good tho, so I could see myself trying for her... though maybe I would pull for Genny first (I know, ew healers, but if she's on the banner and has Invoke, then I want her).

Speaking of Invoke, Invoke is the White Magic spell that lets you sacrifice some HP summon NPC allies that aid you in battle (in Genny's case, Soldiers, though I believe a couple of other units could summon Dread Fighters and Pegasus Knights). I'm not entirely sure how it would work in Heroes, but I could see it being a "Sacrifice 10 HP to summon a Lance Fighter with 10 HP and stats similar to Genny's (so, Iron/Steel/Silver Lance (take your pick), high ATK, weak everything else, basically a throwaway unit that will deal one solid hit if it gets the first strike, and then die) and you can't use it again until the Lance Fighter dies," which would be pretty useful, if only as a reusable meatshield.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The game UI doesn't make this possible. Unit placement using the drag interface becomes ambiguous due to the fact that the UI requires the player to indicate at most a path and a target, but not a tile to end movement on.

Or, a more reasonable[?] alternative: Have it so that she has the option to equip either swords or magic as her weapon?

Or OR: she gets (or her weapon comes with) a skill that allows her to attack a unit's Res instead of Def[?] and vice-versa depending on which is lower? Idk what it'd be called though

Edited by Motendra
punctuation

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, I'd tried to give Saber a skillset, but I couldn't see what he could use for a Special/Command Skill. Since he has Sol on his weapon, that makes things much easier to visualize! Now I could see him having a Silver Sword+ (I would go Brave Sword, but that's a different thing in Heroes than it appears to be in Echoes) / Sol / HP +5 / Spur ATK/SPD 2 (we already have DEF/RES 2, so why not?)... though I know next to nothing about Saber, like most Echoes characters.

And yeah, I didn't realize that Celica couldn't use Nosferatu at the time, I thought she would have it since I recall her getting some White Magic on top of her Black Magic and Sword-having... I guess that means Swap would be on her then. Swap's still pretty good tho, so I could see myself trying for her... though maybe I would pull for Genny first (I know, ew healers, but if she's on the banner and has Invoke, then I want her).

Speaking of Invoke, Invoke is the White Magic spell that lets you sacrifice some HP summon NPC allies that aid you in battle (in Genny's case, Soldiers, though I believe a couple of other units could summon Dread Fighters and Pegasus Knights). I'm not entirely sure how it would work in Heroes, but I could see it being a "Sacrifice 10 HP to summon a Lance Fighter with 10 HP and stats similar to Genny's (so, Iron/Steel/Silver Lance (take your pick), high ATK, weak everything else, basically a throwaway unit that will deal one solid hit if it gets the first strike, and then die) and you can't use it again until the Lance Fighter dies," which would be pretty useful, if only as a reusable meatshield.

Other than Celica the major differences that distinguish most other characters from each other in Echoes gameplay-wise is their stat growths rather than their skillset since skills are attached to weapons rather than classes this time around.  I doubt there will be a huge effort to make every character have skills to match the game since there's nothing much to base it off of in the first place.  I could see them trying to make the stats somewhat similar since they kind of did in Alm's banner but for the skills/weapons/specials it'll probably be just a little nod to things in the game like Saber with Sol/Noontime or Mei with thunder magic (or perhaps the opposite of Lucas's A skill to match her high attack/shitty defense in Echoes).  Even Atlas as a axe unit references his way of making a living cutting wood on his mountain before joining up with you.

Ah, I forgot what the English name of that spell was, the Japanese was more straightforward by just calling it Illusion as it is lol.  Similarly to what @Ice Dragon said on the previous page it would be difficult to implement something like Invoke with the current drag-and-drop UI aside from possibly making it spawn on the nearest open space when it activates on a heal but even then, without an "Other" phase it would have to be controlled by the player potentially making it to great of an advantage... Or perhaps not.  Since this banner will likely just as a paralogue to match Alm's they might make a third Echoes banner a few months down the line to introduce a full new chapter like they do with other games and since summoned enemies are such a prominent thing in Echoes they might try experimenting with such a thing as a new feature and introduce Genny then with a more costly version of the enemy's summon like it is in Echoes.

Well this is just completely wild speculation at this point so I wouldn't take the second halve of that paragraph just now too seriously.

33 minutes ago, Evat said:

Other than Celica the major differences that distinguish most other characters from each other in Echoes gameplay-wise is their stat growths rather than their skillset since skills are attached to weapons rather than classes this time around.  I doubt there will be a huge effort to make every character have skills to match the game since there's nothing much to base it off of in the first place.  I could see them trying to make the stats somewhat similar since they kind of did in Alm's banner but for the skills/weapons/specials it'll probably be just a little nod to things in the game like Saber with Sol/Noontime or Mei with thunder magic (or perhaps the opposite of Lucas's A skill to match her high attack/shitty defense in Echoes).  Even Atlas as a axe unit references his way of making a living cutting wood on his mountain before joining up with you.

Yeah, I could see that being how it works. I wouldn't have a problem with it though, as long as we got a few more unique skills/weapons to work with.

Also, wouldn't Mae/Mei just have Life and Death if you want to exacerbate her high-offense-low-defense-ish-ness?

9 minutes ago, Evat said:

Ah, I forgot what the English name of that spell was, the Japanese was more straightforward by just calling it Illusion as it is lol.  Similarly to what @Ice Dragon said on the previous page it would be difficult to implement something like Invoke with the current drag-and-drop UI aside from possibly making it spawn on the nearest open space when it activates on a heal but even then, without an "Other" phase it would have to be controlled by the player potentially making it to great of an advantage... Or perhaps not.  Since this banner will likely just as a paralogue to match Alm's they might make a third Echoes banner a few months down the line to introduce a full new chapter like they do with other games and since summoned enemies are such a prominent thing in Echoes they might try experimenting with such a thing as a new feature and introduce Genny then with a more costly version of the enemy's summon like it is in Echoes.

Well this is just completely wild speculation at this point so I wouldn't take the second halve of that paragraph just now too seriously.

Haha, yeah, it would be a bit tricky to implement Invoke/Illusion, but I'd still like to see it happen.

Although, I could see an Other Phase being implemented. Just make it like Enemy Phase, but for non-enemy NPCs that move to attack the Enemy units instead of yours. It probably wouldn't be that simple to implement, but still, it could work.

And if the Invoke ally sorta shared Genny's stats (which, most likely, would mean a Lance Fighter with high ATK and low everything else, going off of her Echoes growths), and if the cost was significant enough (not entirely sure how this would be done tho...), then it wouldn't be too OP under player control unless you were up against a whole team of low-DEF Triangle Adept Reds or something.

...Y'know, given that they're introducing terrain bonuses in the next update, I think we'll be seeing a full chapter with Celica's banner (since from what I've seen of it terrain bonuses are a big thing in Gaiden/Echoes), so we might see summoned enemies there.

Still, you're right. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up... but it's too late for that, haha.

Regarding the other villagers that have yet to enter Heroes, do you guys think their weapons will be based on their canon classes or no? Because it would be a waste to put them all as sword users. I think it'd be really cool if their artwork and sprites depicted them in their canon class, although it's pretty unlikely.

Edit: The Tellius banner has only been out for 5 days?!?!?! I was so sure it had been out for at least a week and a half! 5/14 seems so far away...

Edited by KongDude88

Welp, Celica has been officially confirmed to be a red unit, so the poll is pretty moot (regarding her weapon) except sword vs tome. 

Then again, I suppose that's what most people have settled on debating anyways.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Since no one seems to have mentioned it yet, Mei just showed up as the 超大吉 for today's omikuji so I guess she's confirmed to show up in the next banner.  She showed up for the gold omikuji which includes characters of different colors so I guess there's no way to tell what color she'll be yet?

So we have Celica and Mae. For whatever reason, I'm expecting Valbar to appear on the banner. Maybe because he was on the original Gaiden cover. Saber seems like a given to me. Though that Masked Knight is a possibility after the Alm banner included the new Echoes character for his path.

And if Celica becomes a tome user, I was thinking that there's a possibility that we might end up with another brave tome user, if they choose to reference Celica's Gale (she's a red so I guess wind magic is ruled out, but she can still have the effect).

I'm hoping for something like this:

- Celica (Red Tome or Red Sword) with Reposition as an Assist and Renewal as one of her skills. The Zofia could be made to target Res instead of Def. 

- Mae (Blue Tome)

- Boey (Green Tome) Possibly with Excalibur as his 5* weapon and better skills than Merric.

- Genny (Colorless Staff or Any Tome) She has some good spells at her disposal and the possibility of becoming a mage or witch and getting Warp as a skill. Why mage/witch? The developers don't seem to really care about canon class accuracy like what happened with healer Lucius and, more recently, Archer Faye. Might as well throw in a Gaiden/SoV-exclusive class into the mix. 

This setup covers all colors as well as it being Celica with her close friends and earliest allies and it balances out with Alm's banner that lacked magic users. As for the Masked Knight, he's a possibility but he's something of a walking spoiler. Rudolf would be a better candidate. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

The developers don't seem to really care about canon class accuracy like what happened with healer Lucius and, more recently, Archer Faye.

1. This game doesn't have classes. It has movement-weapon pairs. Ike, Fir, Alfonse, Ogma, and Olivia are all the same "class" in this game: "sword infantry".
  2. Lucius with a staff is entirely canon. He can use staves only after promotion just like how Julia can use wind magic only after promotion and Raven can use axes only after promotion.
  3. The only character in this game with an unexplainable weapon is Faye. All other "odd" weapon choices are available for use by the same class archetype, but in a different game.

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm hoping for something like this:

- Celica (Red Tome or Red Sword) with Reposition as an Assist and Renewal as one of her skills. The Zofia could be made to target Res instead of Def. 

- Mae (Blue Tome)

- Boey (Green Tome) Possibly with Excalibur as his 5* weapon and better skills than Merric.

- Genny (Colorless Staff or Any Tome) She has some good spells at her disposal and the possibility of becoming a mage or witch and getting Warp as a skill. Why mage/witch? The developers don't seem to really care about canon class accuracy like what happened with healer Lucius and, more recently, Archer Faye. Might as well throw in a Gaiden/SoV-exclusive class into the mix. 

This setup covers all colors as well as it being Celica with her close friends and earliest allies and it balances out with Alm's banner that lacked magic users. As for the Masked Knight, he's a possibility but he's something of a walking spoiler. Rudolf would be a better candidate. 

With the exception of this week's Hero Fest and also the Voting Gauntlet banners, all banners since the conception of the game have had equal numbers of males and females, and I see no reason for Celica's banner to break the trend. They'd be more likely to have uneven colors before having uneven gender ratios, if past banners are anything to go by. 

I personally think one of Saber, Valbar, or the Masked Knight will replace Genny.

20 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

If Saber and Valbar aren't next I will be very very surprised. So far, there has been a subtle pattern...

Uuuurgh. SAABER.

REDS.

I might have to whale a lot for Belinda's Celica if that's the case.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

With the exception of this week's Hero Fest and also the Voting Gauntlet banners, all banners since the conception of the game have had equal numbers of males and females, and I see no reason for Celica's banner to break the trend. They'd be more likely to have uneven colors before having uneven gender ratios, if past banners are anything to go by. 

I personally think one of Saber, Valbar, or the Masked Knight will replace Genny.

I remember seeing this "gender balance" and "pattern" thing before. I want them to break that "trend" so people would stop making these "trends" or traditions and take them as facts or rules. It's just as bad as the Smash ones. 

Saber would be another red sword in a vast sea of red swords as well as competing with Celica if she's also a red sword. No signature weapon would put him in a tough spot. Same with Valbar and Masked Knight. While MK could benefit from Horse Emblem, it's unlikely he'd be better than Xander, Eldigan or Eliwood and with Camus probably coming soon, it doesn't look too good for MK. 

38 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I remember seeing this "gender balance" and "pattern" thing before. I want them to break that "trend" so people would stop making these "trends" or traditions and take them as facts or rules. It's just as bad as the Smash ones. 

Saber would be another red sword in a vast sea of red swords as well as competing with Celica if she's also a red sword. No signature weapon would put him in a tough spot. Same with Valbar and Masked Knight. While MK could benefit from Horse Emblem, it's unlikely he'd be better than Xander, Eldigan or Eliwood and with Camus probably coming soon, it doesn't look too good for MK. 

Well, until they break the trend, there's no real reason to doubt it, is there?

Also, I'm not sure what the point of your second paragraph is. How good a unit may or may not be in-game is absolutely and utterly unrelated to the likelihood of them being added to the game in a given banner, which is what this thread is discussing. 

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I see no reason for them to break the trend. Every main banner has remained equal, and I prefer it that way myself. Plus, having more on one colour means that particular colour is good for hunt summoning. I'd really like them to put in two red characters, as I really want more reasons to pull on reds.

On another note, urgh, Mae looks to be in moe style, too, at least in her face. They're my least favourite kind. I really hope the game veers away from them in future >.< It was worst with Lachesis, though. Her art and class just completely ruin her as a unit for me :/