Unit Concept: Zihark

And you all thought that after the first [God awful and completely imbalanced] unit concept I'd just disappeared off of the forums. Unfortunately, I'm still here :w:. Anyways, I did my reading on how to properly balance out stats based on unit archetypes, and have decided to have a go at creating a concept of a unit that, while not incredibly important to the story, was a great help [Read: Carried me alongside Ike] through the harder difficulties of PoR. That, of course, being Zihark, a Daein citizen who filled the role of the Navarre archetype in PoR. With that said, please feel free to be as critical as you can in the review of this concept, as long as it remains constructive. I will take any and all criticisms to heart. Lastly, leave who you want as the next unit concept in your reply, and I'll get around to a few requests in the coming days. 

Unit: Zihark, Blade of Unity

Help Description: An ex-vigilante of Daein who believes in unity between the Beorc and Laguz. Loyal to his allies. Appears in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Summoned Quote: 

"I am Zihark, an ex-mercenary for the kingdom of Daein. If you stand on the side of unity and peace, I shall be your blade."

Status Screen Quotes:

[3S]: "People say I look severe, but that's not my intention."
[3S]: "Er, do you have any mending equipment? My shoulder guard is starting to tear." 
[3S]: "I wish only for peace among all beings, regardless of heritage."
[3S]: "Haha!"
[4S]: "I know all too well the sting of society's persecution. It is a pain I would wish upon nobody."
[4S]: "I've been told that I'm... perhaps too trusting."
[5S]: "This is the fifth cause for which I've fought. I think."
[5S]: "I'd rather not bring up past relationships. The topic is... painful to think of."

Home Screen Quotes:

"My, what a wonderful base of operations! Then again, all I've seen in comparison are grimy barracks and camps."
"All these heroes from different realms getting along is inspiring, to say the least."
"Even if it was a matter of life and death, I could never turn my blade on an ally. I can only hope I am never at odds with your Order of Heroes."
"Do you have need of my services? I'm sorry to say that beyond the battlefield, all I'm good at is preparing for the next battle."
"I wonder if I could find Lethe or Mordecai around here? Have you seen them come out of that summoning device of yours?"

Levelling Up:

"Well, how disappointing." (+0, +1 Points)
"A refreshing change." (+2, +3 Points)
"I hardly knew I had it in me!" (+4, +5 Points)

Turn Action:

"Where to?"
"What next?"
"Alright."

Critical/Special Trigger Quotes:

"That is enough!"
"May you find peace."
"A quick death, then."
"Hold still!"

Death Quote:

"I'll... be waiting..."

Movement Type: Infantry

5S Level 1 Stats: [No IV's/Weapons/Skills]
19/8/10/5/4

5S Level 40 Stats: [No IV's/Weapons/Skills]|
44/34/38/20/15

5S Skills:

Weapon: Killing Edge+ [Mt: 11 Rng: 1, Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1)
Assist: N/A
Special: Astra [Increase damage dealt by 150%. Cooldown count: 5]

A: Attack +3 [ATK +3]
B: Desperation 3 [If unit initiates combat at < 75% HP, unit's follow up attacks occur immediately]
C: N/A

Comments: This took much, much longer than expected. Mainly because I was trying to fill in the quote categories as best I could, but hey, that's what you have to do if you want to make a full blown unit as I endeavor to. Anyways, thanks for taking a look, please make any requests for other hero concepts, and please crtique this concept as best you can, as long as it is done in a constructive manner. Thanks! <3

Changelog:

EDIT 1: Removed Vantage, Added Desperation. DEF/RES -2, ATK +4. Reason: In game, Zihark is rather fragile, yet has a decent HP pool to make up for it. I tried to reflect that here, by making him a very offensive Myrmidon who gets eaten alive by mages. Removed Life & Death 3, Replaced with ATK + 3.

Current Requests: None - Feel free to ask for any unit in particular!

Edited by CtrlAltSandwich

Umm, while BST isn't everything, you gave Zihark 151 BST when most melee infantry and dragons have 157 to 158. The only outlier is Donnel with 162 BST and Bartre who has 156 BST. 151 is within the range of dancers and mages or the very low side of Gunther and Jagen having the lowest BST of the cavaliers.

That said, isn't Zihark's proposed stat spread essentially a better Lon'qu? Zihark would have 1 higher attack for 1 less speed and 1 HP where the missing/remaining 5-7 stats going to attack, defense, or speed would make him a better Lon'qu. Dumping all of it into resistance would even things out, but now you'd have 3 of the same units, including Navarre who has a similar stat spread -- as their stat spread would pretty much be 1 off here and there which is only going to continue to be a problem as more units are added, so that could be ignored.

Edit: Default skill-wise, Life & Death and Vantage look way better than Lon'qu's Speed + and Vantage and Navarre's Blazing Wind, Desperation, and Threaten Speed. Zihark would basically be set to run a L&D build. All he'd need to do is inherit Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid, Brave Sword, Desperation, and a special and an assist while Lon'qu and Navarre would need to get L&D from someone which is expensive when it's a 5*-only skill.

Edited by Kaden

44 minutes ago, CtrlAltSandwich said:

A: Life and Death 3 [Gain Atk/Spd +5, Inflicts Def/Res -5]
B: Vantage 3 [If unit is attacked at < 75% HP, unit attacks first]
C: N/A

Having both Vantage and LaD honestly is a little too over-powering. There's no unit atm that comes with that combinations straight away. I think it's better if he has only one of the two. I also feel Desperation/Quick Riposte is more akin to Adept in FE Heroes than Vantage; Vantage in the Tellius games is Mia's innate skill and directly relates to her.

This isn't about your stats, but I think you should try adding a picture of Zihark's Heroes artwork to those unfamiliar to him.

BTW thanks for the unit concept threads. I look forward to your future ones.

Swordmasters with existing strength? Can't have that aside from Hana.

Drop that atk to 30. And bump his def and res both by 5 points. That way he gets a total of 157. My reasoning is that in Por he had an abnormal high defence for a swordmaster and in Radiant Dawn it was his resistance that he could cap. His strength is a bit low, naturally touching the maximum was very hit or miss (leaning towards miss in both games) And the cap was of course very low being a swordmaster. His speed while his biggest stat isn't stellar in either game either.

To me Zihark should have balanced stats rather then topping out. Maybe Fury would be a good skill on him!

As for the weapon. Killing Edge is of course the natural choice but it's been added a lot. And if you give every swordmaster it it's going to end up being just everywhere. So I'm just picking something else. Olivia and Laslow are the only ones with the Silver Sword + so I'll go with that.

So my suggestion:

HP:46
Atk:30(+15, Silver Sword+)
Spd:36
Def:25
Res:20

Assist:Shove

Special: -

Skill A:Fury
Skill B:-
Skill C:Threaten Speed