Japanese Site Reveals Series 2 and 3 DLCs

(I'm just going to post new info about DLC here unless there's a better place)

The official JP site has been updated including a picture for each new Over-Class
Edit: Vincent has update the main site with the new information. Please check the page for the new details

DLC Series 2
 Temple of Stars ~Inner Sanctum~
- Reward: Items (unlimited), Star Shards (random drops), Starsphere (all Star Shards and Black Pearl, unlimited)
 Golden Dream - Reward: Gold Marks, Silver Marks (unlimited)
 Funeral of Fury - Reward: Experience (unlimited)
 Gift from the Goddess 3 - Star Shard, Taurus and Gold Bag (5 gold marks) (once)

DLC Series 3 - 5/24
New Japanese Tier Class Names Note names will likely be renamed for the English localization to sound better for English speakers
 Cavalier Over-Class = ゲイレルル Geireruru (Geirölul? - Valkyrie named "One who advances with a spear" according to JP Wikipedia)
 Soldier Over-Class = Spartan
 Pegasus Over-Class = Mach (Like the speed of sound)
 Female Mage Over-Class = Morgana (le Fay from Arthurian legend)
 Cleric Over-Class = Titania (Queen of Faeries; the katakana uses the English pronunciation, タイタニア instead of the usually katakana rendering ティターニア)
 Mercenary Over-class = Yasha/Yaksha
 Archer Over-class = Elephant/Pachyderm (not actually an elephant)
 Male Mage Over-Class = Solomon
 Celica's Over-Class = Medb/Maeve (Queen from the Ulster Cycle)
 Alm's Over-Class = Overlord/Conqueror

Maps of battles that occur before the beginning of the game.
Battle of Zofia Port (Fernand Icon) - Reward: Memory Fernand and Clair, Memory Clive and Mathilda; Fernand's Spear (once, if all survive)
South Fort Rescue Mission (Lukas Icon) Reward: Support Conversation Lukas and Forsyth, Support Conversation Lukas and Python; Python's Bow (once, if all survive)
Escaping the Underground Ruins (Clair Icon) Reward: Support Conversation Clair and Mathilda, Memory Mathilda and Fernand; Clair's Spear (once)
Defence of Zofia Castle (Clive Icon) Reward: Support Conversation Clive and Forsyth, Support Conversation Clive and Python; Clive's Spear and Lukas's Shield (once, if all survive)

sorry if there's any mistakes, was originally a quick post in another topic to get the word out

Edited by Frozenkappa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Frozenkappa said:

Cavalier Over-Class = ゲイレルル Geireruru (Geirölul? - Valkyrie named "One who advances with a spear" according to JP Wikipedia)
 Cleric Over-Class = Titania (Queen of Faeries)
 Archer Over-class = Elephant (not actually an elephant)
 Celica's Over-Class = Medb (Queen from Ulster Cycle)
 Alm's Over-Class = Overlord

jfc

these names are so horrible it's almost charming

Spartan and Overlord/Conqueror are good, at least. Though I'm not sure how fitting the former actually is...

3 hours ago, Frozenkappa said:

so much disappointment

i legit wanted an elephant

elephant mounts for FE16 please

4 hours ago, Frozenkappa said:

(I'm just going to post new info about DLC here unless there's a better place)

The official JP site has been updated including a picture for each new Over-Class

DLC Series 2
 Temple of Stars ~Inner Sanctum~
- Reward: Items (unlimited), Star Shards (random drops), Starsphere (all Star Shards and Black Pearl, unlimited)
 Golden Dream - Reward: Gold Marks, Silver Marks (unlimited)
 Funeral of Fury - Reward: Experience (unlimited)
 Gift from the Goddess 3 - Star Shard, Taurus and Gold Bag (5 gold marks) (once)

DLC Series 3 - 5/24
New Tier Class Names
 Cleric Over-Class = Titania (Queen of Faeries)
 Celica's Over-Class = Medb (Queen from Ulster Cycle)
 Alm's Over-Class = Overlord

Battle of Zofia Port (Fernand Icon) - Memory: Fernand and Clair, Memory: Clive and Mathilda, Fernand's Spear (once, if all survive)
South Fort Rescue Mission (Lukas Icon) Talk: Lukas and Forsyth, Talk: Lukas and Python
Escaping the Underground Ruins (Clair Icon) Talk: Clair and Mathllda, Memory: Mathilda and Fernand, Clair's Spear (once)
Defence of Zofia Castle (Clive Icon) Talk: Clive and Forsyth, Talk: Clive and Python, Clive's Spear and Lukas's Shield (once, if all survive)

sorry if there's any mistakes

Tbf I like a lot of the class designs, Geirölul, Titania, Solomon, and particularly Morgan's and Medb, all look pretty cool - I can't actually properly see the designs of the Spartan, Yaksha or Overlord, but Mach is the only design I'm not too fussed on

And tbh the whole historical/folklore/literary name for each class is not too bad, although Overlord can get in the bin

17 minutes ago, Emerson said:

so much disappointment

i legit wanted an elephant

elephant mounts for FE16 please

I was just awaiting having Python on a massive elephant, charging into the enemy and squashing all of them - come on IS

I'm not at all surprised, given that the most powerful balista in the archania games is named "pachyderm", which google's dictionary defines as "a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus." THis seems like a reference to that. Infortionalty, the text is all image files, so google translate can't translate it.

Edited by sirmola

What exactly are those extra classes for? Just chapter 6? I feel like they must have a challenge DLC in the works to validate such a purchase. 

Honestly I'm a little disappointed in what they seem to be offering so far. I'm done with the game, and while some talks between the Deliverance members would be nice, there are just too many of them I'm not invested in at all. I feel like they should've split it up better, like giving one map to Valbar and his lads, one to Boey, Mae and Genny, etc.

46 minutes ago, Thane said:

What exactly are those extra classes for? Just chapter 6? I feel like they must have a challenge DLC in the works to validate such a purchase. 

Honestly I'm a little disappointed in what they seem to be offering so far. I'm done with the game, and while some talks between the Deliverance members would be nice, there are just too many of them I'm not invested in at all. I feel like they should've split it up better, like giving one map to Valbar and his lads, one to Boey, Mae and Genny, etc.

The DLC quests with preset characters is a set, continuous story like the ones in Awakening/if. That's why Fernand is an ally.

The only difference is that this is a prologue to Ch1 of the main game detailing what the knights of Zofia were up to just before Lukas went to find Mycen, instead of some alternate history.

I assume there will be 1-2 more sets of maps like this as well.

Wait, I just noticed that the over-class dlcs have no difficulty rating. do they include an actual map, or are they just an additional promotion with special requirements?

24 minutes ago, s07195 said:

The DLC quests with preset characters is a set, continuous story 

I'm well aware.

24 minutes ago, s07195 said:

The only difference is that this is a prologue to Ch1 of the main game detailing what the knights of Zofia were up to just before Lukas went to find Mycen, instead of some alternate history.

I realize that as well. What I said is that it's a bit disappointing there aren't more maps like that announced, or challenge maps to take advantage of the four tier classes. I don't mean to come off as prickly, but I'm not sure why you're quoting me here.

They seem to have a lot of DLC planned but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

8 hours ago, Frozenkappa said:

Battle of Zofia Port (Fernand Icon) - Memory: Fernand and Clair, Memory: Clive and Mathilda, Fernand's Spear (once, if all survive)
South Fort Rescue Mission (Lukas Icon) Talk: Lukas and Forsyth, Talk: Lukas and Python
Escaping the Underground Ruins (Clair Icon) Talk: Clair and Mathllda, Memory: Mathilda and Fernand, Clair's Spear (once)
Defence of Zofia Castle (Clive Icon) Talk: Clive and Forsyth, Talk: Clive and Python, Clive's Spear and Lukas's Shield (once, if all survive)

Talk?
So are these actual dlc that you can fight it or is it just dialogue?

18 minutes ago, Xanek said:

Talk?
So are these actual dlc that you can fight it or is it just dialogue?

From the looks of it you fight, but like support conversations some of the characters can talk with each other in the dlc. That’s at least what I think

The classes look great from what I can tell. They look over the top and gaudy but like a good over the top and gaudy, like JoJo but medeival and not Gucci. I especially think that Soloman looks 300000000% better than Sage

Also while not actually!War Elephant is sorta disappointing, I still think the Mongolian look is cool with the helmet, it reminds me of the Nomad Troopers in Elibe and I loved their look

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for unlimited Villager's Forks and some Apotheosis-like map to justify the overclasses. I'm sure they'll be useful for Chapter 6, but aside from that... what's the purpose?

Also, it's nice to see Deliverance backstory chapters, but like @Thane said, I would've liked other groups of characters to get their backstory too, along with extra convos.

Maybe they'll announce new DLCs in the future, but I doubt (especially after the Fates DLCs were handled). I don't care too much about Cipher, so the fact it won't probably come to the west doesn't bother me at all.

We know that the base game has leftover phrases for playable version of Berkut so maybe there will be more story DLC in the future. I kind of doubt it though. At any rate it's strange how much focus it has on Deliverance considering how they already seem to be the most fleshed out group in the core game.

Edited by Cat Villager

5 hours ago, Thane said:

I'm well aware.

I realize that as well. What I said is that it's a bit disappointing there aren't more maps like that announced, or challenge maps to take advantage of the four tier classes. I don't mean to come off as prickly, but I'm not sure why you're quoting me here.

They seem to have a lot of DLC planned but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Nah its nothing really.

I just thought you meant that you were disappointed that the DLCs featured the same characters without knowing that it was a continuous story.

So it looks like these classes, apart from Celica and Alm, won't be keeping the unit's unique color palettes. It makes sense, being dlc and all, but even reclassing a unit through the Villager Fork lets them keep the colors. 

A bit disappointing, but the classes look so badass, I almost don't care.  

I'm assuming the site doesn't go into detail on what the circumstances for the promotions will be? Is it a map that we get an item from? A free equipment item that we can use to class change? Is the dlc itself just a Mila Statue with a special purpose? Will we be able to use it more than once?

9 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

So it looks like these classes, apart from Celica and Alm, won't be keeping the unit's unique color palettes. It makes sense, being dlc and all, but even reclassing a unit through the Villager Fork lets them keep the colors. 

A bit disappointing, but the classes look so badass, I almost don't care.  

I'm assuming the site doesn't go into detail on what the circumstances for the promotions will be? Is it a map that we get an item from? A free equipment item that we can use to class change? Is the dlc itself just a Mila Statue with a special purpose? Will we be able to use it more than once?

No difficulty so it's not a battle map. Could be a special Mila Statue indeed.

A few additions.

This is really minor, but the class names are meant to be sound ridiculous. For those unaware, anything that isn't Japanese sounds cool if you're Japanese. Most likely some of them will be retooled for the English version.

Overlord is definitely going to be Conqueror though, as if we needed more ways to connect Alm and Walhart.

Starsphere requires collecting all 12 Star Shards and a Black Pearl. To my understanding anyway. Not too sure why the Black Pearl is needed, but I guess whoever is making the Starsphere isn't as skilled as Gotoh in Mystery of the Emblem.

I do think series 5+ could happen. So far we only have 3 star maps and I doubt the Cipher ones will be 5-star. We'll see though.

Almost forgot, I just updated the DLC page on the site.

Dude these classes are above and beyond expectations. Definitely an Insta buy from me. All of them look really good,  bummed out we don't get war elephants but i guess i was too hopeful